• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: Heroes Forever

sorry, if i was being too detailed, let me know if something is odd.

Name: Fujimori Saki

Role: Student

Personality: Saki was never really the person you thought would be cute and gentle, despite her appearance, she actually has a more peculiar personality, at first she might seem bored and angry, but if you get to know her, it's all just pretend, under the angry and rocky shell, lies an affectionate person, who longs to be with her loved ones, a miserable soul looking for a partner, she feels as if though, she's useless, she wants to help people, but she can't think of a way to incorporate that with her quirk.

Appearance: Standing at 4'9 with a rather cutesy look on her face, with blood crimson eyes, and maroon straight hair.

Saki usually wears a black t-shirt, with the saying "Happy or Excited" quite ironic, since she's neither of those, paired with a black and white skirt, and white sneakers to top it all off, she also ties her hair in a ponytail sometimes.

Background: As a child, Saki would always love to play with the other children at the playground, there was this one person she's always fond of, it was a boy, she would always pull pranks on him, or merely just tease him, he was so dense and kind, Saki thought, she wouldn't be worthy of him, but little miss Saki had a plan, a plan to make it all work out, but despite being a child, she couldn't do anything, he liked someone else, and someone else like him, this led Saki to a whole new chapter of her life, she spent her days crying in her room, dreaming about that boy every single night, but one night, she's had enough, she doesn't want to be one of those girls, who need a knight-in-shining armor to save them, this time, Saki will be the one to do the saving.

Skills: Well, she's good at fighting and surviving, she's not really fond of cooking, and she's irritated by drawing, let along hold a paint brush, but for some reason, she likes gardening.

Quirk:
Name: Mirror
Ability: Grants the user to mirror the quirk fired at the user
Details: Saki can mirror an emitter-type quirk which is fired at her.
- Saki's quirk only works on emitter type quirks.
- It can work on objects thrown or shot at her too, (ex. Bullets, Rocks, ...)
- Saki can't mirror healing quirks or defense quirks.

Weakness(s): With Saki's quirk, she can only mirror Emitter quirks, if she ever battles a villain with a Transformation or Mutant quirk, she'll have to rely on her physical strength, leaving her vulnerable for the villain.

Name: Ito Koki
Personality: If someone was to describe Ito after having only known him for a few minutes they'd describe him as a quiet person, almost sad. He's reserved upon first meetings, liking to keep to himself but not pushing away or rejecting any attempts to communicate with him. You wouldn't find him talking or laughing loudly, nor would you find him eye catching or noticeable. He tries his best to keep out of the centre of attention and sink into the background of everyone's mind. He's not rude, in fact he's quite polite and whilst he doesn't wish to stick out he often does do good and helpful deeds to those in need.

If someone was to get to know Iko better they would say he's a good friend. Someone who's always up for a conversation or an outing. Despite being so shy at first when he trusts someone he acts differently around them. More relaxed, happy and sure. He keeps his friends close as he finds them to be his strength, the things that give him hope and willpower.

In general Ito is a reserved person but kind and thoughtful at heart. He does over think things sometimes but he has pretty good control over his mind. He needs to.

Appearance: Ito is rather small for his age (5.3 ft) as well as a rather regular build for someone of his age. Sports wasn't something that interested him much but he remained fit and healthy nevertheless. His skin is pale and soft and the same could be said for his complexion as well. His face is small, as are his features except for his eyes which are big and dark blue. On the top of his head lies a messy mop of dirty orange wavy hair a few layers thick.

Ito's usual style consists of a turtle neck jumper or a plain shirt of sorts along with normal jeans or black trousers. His typical colours are black and blue though sometime he might be seen wearing red or white.

Background: Ito is the only child of two famous pro heroes: Hagame Koki and Okabe Koki. Both the pro heroes, like their son, have emitter like quirks but not telekinesis. The two of them were high school sweethearts, having attended U.A in their youth, worked together in their growing years and eventually starting a family along the lines. Enter Ito. His parents, despite being rather prestigious heroes, were humble and so Ito grew up well manner, not spoilt and with the love and support of two happy parents. Ito had a healthy upbringing. He did well in school, had a tight group of friends and took an interest in art but felt compelled to become a hero and so he enrolled to UA

Skills: Rather good artist, liking to use an exceptional amount of colours in his works.

Quirk:
Name:Telekinesis
Type: Emitter
Ability: Allows the user to influence matter with their mind
Details: Basic telekinetic abilities allowing him to hold and move objects with his mind. Not able to create barriers with this ability yet, object has to exist for him to be able to affect it.
Weakness(s): The quirk taxes his brain every time he uses it. In a sense it's like a muscle, with limits of how much he can do and for how long he can do it for. Reaching these limits (Which aren't high at the moment) and pushing past them results in dizziness, headaches, migraines, aneurysms and fainting.
Some things are harder to control than others. Inorganic matter is much easier to control that organic matter which is extremely taxing, especially if the person or creature they're trying to hold/move is attempting to fight and resist it.
Objects in motion are difficult to control but manageable.
Solids are most easiest to control, liquids are rather difficult and gases are near impossible.

((I can change things if need be))

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, but I think for the group dealing with the criminal, the best thing to do is have either cops or a pro hero arrive before things escalate. It's a bit unfair for our kids to already be experiencing so much action while other RPers don't know what to do with their character. I feel like it would be for the best that we keep things more mellow before the entrance exam where everyone will have a chance to show off their characters.

@EeviumZ perhaps your character could join Keiji and Alyssa at the park. At the rate people are joining I am assuming that we'll move on to the next arc fairly soon- it'll give more room to introduce characters and exercise creativity. In the mean time, as Toshi has stating before its not necessary to even post.

This intrigues me, then again MHA always intrigues me. Let me know if the character needs anything changed.

Name: Liam Hunter
Personality: Liam is your stereotypical, easygoing teenager that has his sights set on the big leagues. This characteristic makes him a slight extrovert, since he doesn’t usually go out of his way to start up a random conversation but wouldn’t be against holding one, if someone else wants to. However inside Liam isn’t as carefree and easygoing as he appears, he is actually perceptive and attentive to those he interacts with, and gauges how trustworthy someone truly is.

Appearance: Liam sports an athletic figure, one with abs and a decently toned body all around. The young man stands at 5’9”, weighs 170 lbs, and bears creamy fair skin. Atop his head lies his light brown, wavy and shaggy hair, and just below that lies his matching light brown colored eyes. Overall Liam’s has a triangular facial structure, with strong features such as his sharp nose, and slightly narrow eyes.

The boy can usually be seen sporting a pair of light-grey joggers with white strings, a light-grey short sleeved shirt, that shows off his figure nicely and a pair of all white sneakers.

Skills: Speed, stamina, and strength. Liam is a boxing enthusiast, taking up the offensive art in order to better benefit his quirk. He has a strong grasp on the sport and skills by now.

Quirk: All or Nothing (Accumulative?)

• This quirk grants Liam the ability to multiply the power of his attacks, depending on how many consecutive blows he can deal in the designated time frame. For example, if he hits his target one time, the attack will do normal damage, but if he manages to hit, kick, headbutt, etc again within 5 seconds it’ll do 1.5x, 2x then 2.5x the normal damage, and so on.

• The quirk also displays a red-lightning aesthetic once an attack connects after the initial normal x strength hit.

Weakness(s): Liam’s current maximum multiplier is 2.5x, with his attacks being capped at 2.5x until he isn’t able to land another blow within 5 seconds, which in that case it drops back down to 1x. He also has to get up close to his target, and that can be troublesome if he fights someone with a long distance quirk.
Other: N/A

Last edited:
I'm so sorry everyone, I literally left for two hours and I feel like I missed so much ;-; (For reference I was dragged to watch Contagion with my Mom >.>)

@mallard yes there is, so sorry for the delay!
@Martin Pine you're character's mind is as well as their sheet. You're accepted!
@Hallowed It's a nice quirk but could be seen as overpowered by that multiplier. Punches can be easy to hit at a rapid speed so maybe consider moving it down to +0.5x every hit? Other than that it looks good. Once you edit it to the suggestion I'll allow it automatically.

I'm having some major troubles here because I never meant the villain scene to extend as far as it has. God, I miss too much for it to end, but until @~Xero~ comes back I can't really stop it, as we need her to make her move first before continuing. I'm super sorry for this, but @The Alright Attorney, can you actually edit your post so you don't enter the scene? I should have made it clear to everyone first but I guess I never really made a proper announcement. I'm terribly sorry, it's just a little overwhelming atm.

@The Alright Attorney thank you so much for understanding.

Also, I'm aware that double posts are normally frowned upon but just so everyone sees this announcement separately, for now, I gotta make this clear. Quirks are illegal if used in public areas without permission, like a license. No school student should be using their quirks except for the self-defense law. I know not everyone is aware of this as this has happened many times already, but from here on may everyone please cooldown on the quirk use? I might send in the police to enforce this if it happens too much.

Edit: Side announcement, this thread is now private. No more applicants may join.

Thank you very much @Hallowed, now your character has more room for character development if you understand that. @Barefoot_Kittens don't make me cry now, I may be losing my sanity at a rapid rate but that just put it on a halt, thank you very much too. This goes for everyone as well, I am so happy that everyone is working this out with me through the fast few days of this. A first private thread so yay!

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Name: Masakazu Wakabayashi
Hero Name: Mallard
Personality: Laid-back, quick to make a joke, likes to think things out, wants to become a hero just for fun, extrovert, stubborn, gets bored quickly
Appearance: Tall (6'01") and skinny (136 lbs), slight muscle, Caucasian, slicked back green mullet, black pupils, feathery brown and white emerge from his back, webbed feet
Normal Clothes: Brown Jacket, white undershirt, jeans, black sneakers
Costume: Green hood with white eyes (like spiderman or twice), orange respirator, white collar, front of torso and underside of arms/palms are white, the reverse side is brown, brown pants and orange boots
Skills: Always thinking about the best way to overcome a problem, plays the drums, photographic memory
Quirk: Duck
Masakazu can fly, has webbed feet, his lungs can breathe normally in thin oxygen (birds have this to breathe at high altitudes), wings have an oil that repels liquid (ducks use this to avoid sponging up water), can communicate with ducks
Weakness(es): Not all ducks cooperate (he can't control them), has to have an annual molting period where he can't fly (1-2 weeks)

@The Alright Attorney again, thank you so much for being so flexible. Also @Ironic_Man, you haven't done anything wrong in the slightest, but to what reason is Saki heading to UA? Just in case you missed it (amongst the chaos) this is just a week before the Entrance Exams.

@mallard since you asked for a spot beforehand, you are okay right now ^-^. And ah yes, the Froppy of the group, waddle we do without you? You're accepted! Post whenever you'd like.

@The Alright Attorney again, thank you so much for being so flexible. Also @Ironic_Man, you haven't done anything wrong in the slightest, but to what reason is Saki heading to UA? Just in case you missed it (amongst the chaos) this is just a week before the Entrance Exams.

@mallard since you asked for a spot beforehand, you are okay right now ^-^. And ah yes, the Froppy of the group, waddle we do without you? You're accepted! Post whenever you'd like.
ohhhh, sorry i thought it was already the exams, hehe, i'll edit it out, no probs:p:p

Oh no worries, I also found it funny that maybe Saki got the wrong date, which again would have just been hilarious story-wise. Sorry for not making it clear, and in the future, if you have any specific questions you want to ask to feel free to Private Message me.

That my fine feathered friend is a great question. You're a mutation quirk so you can't exactly turn it off, so I mean as long as it's not destructive I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of flying? Maybe you have the hight limit half of what a drone would have? I don't know man aviation is weird, do whatever would feel legally comfortable for a duck.

Hey just letting everyone know I'm heading off for tonight, don't worry about progression or anything past here but I'm going to make a few small announcements before I go.

The first one is that we will be having another student joining us soon who has already asked for a slot before the closing of the thread, but we've been working out his character together for a while to clean it up to perfection so he'll be joining soon either way. Also once he is added we will have 14 students total, coolio!

I'm happy at the current pace of the roleplay as well, just make sure that if your character is to interact with anyone, make sure that they have replied to the thread soon enough to be caught up, don't want anyone to be rushed.

Anyway, goodnight! ^-^

Good morning all, I just wanted to make a quick announcement that will phase into my previous one (because of double-posting and all). So that is an interesting idea that I'm not too familiar with the concept of @'ing people in roleplays. The idea is interesting because it lets others know who specifically said person/people are talking to and it also gives the communicator a heads up on the thread on who should be talking then. Should we start doing this? Any objections? (The only time we wouldn't do this is in big groups over 5 or something)

Hello, it’s me, the fourteenth applicant. Although my character (most likely) won’t be introduced to the group properly for a couple of arcs, I figured I’d post his bio regardless:

Name: Shintaro “Taro” Shirogane
Personality: In direct contrast to his appearance, Taro is very amicable, with nary a shred of rancor in his actions. Despite the circumstances, he always seems to have a warm smile on his face—it takes quite a bit to send him over the edge. In regards to the decisions of others, he’s incredibly patient—unfortunately, this doesn’t extend to his own train of thought, wherein spur-of-the-moment plans are often put in action in a matter of seconds, no matter how poorly thought out they may be. He’s always quick to crack a joke, even when the timing wouldn’t call for such, and tends to completely ignore certain formalities (i.e. requesting he be called by his first name). However, his air of unprofessionalism should not be mistaken for a lack of skill. When push comes to shove, Shintaro is a monster in the heat of combat, destroying the opposition in a whirlwind of bright white smiles and splinters of bone.
Appearance: Shintaro, at first glance, is fairly unremarkable. Perhaps 6’1” is a bit tall for his age, not to mention that his warm yellow eyes aren’t exactly commonplace. Look closer, however—in addition to the spattering of freckles across his pale cheeks and mop of ear-length dark grey hair that seems to be locked in a permanent state of bedhead, Taro sports two pairs of bony protrusions on his head that form tiny sets of horns. His ears end in cartilaginous points, giving them an elf-like appearance. Beyond his tailbone, his spine protrudes out of his skin to form a “tail”, of which ends with a sharp splinter of pointed bone. Despite the sharpness of his teeth and the extraneous bones forming plates on the outside of his skin, Taro still manages to appear rather frail. Strip away the calcium armor, smooth out the sharp edges of his joints and chin, and give him a bit of time to let the last drop of caffeine wear off and you’d be left with little more than a pallid beanpole.
In an attempt to disguise this fact, Taro wears an additional jacket over the blazer of his uniform, adorned with a variety of embroidered patches in the places where his quirk ripped holes in his uniform.
His civilian clothes are, similarly, not too out-of-the-ordinary. He tends to incorporate a pop of bright colour due to his overall “monochromatic” appearance, but refuses to wear anything even remotely exorbitant.
Background: In short, Taro’s parents weren’t the best people—now that he has a bit more autonomy as a teenager, he strives to do everything in his power to make sure he doesn’t end up like them. He’s not a huge fan of flashy hero work, instead focusing moreso upon giving a voice to those who cannot speak.
Skills: Despite his somewhat out-of-the-ordinary appearance, Taro is extremely stealthy. Oftentimes, he finds himself sneaking up on others unintentionally. He’s also an excellent liar, much to the surprise of anyone who knows him.
Name: Skeleton
Type: Mutant
  • While most adults sport a grand total of 206 bones, Shintaro has quite a few extra—the ribs that sit atop his chest and the extra vertebrae, for example. He is able to control his bones at will, able to shape and mold them to his whims. In addition, he can mend any skeletal fractures sustained by teammates by grasping the area and willing the bones to stitch themselves back together.
Weakness(es): As one may expect, possessing full control over one’s skeletal system isn’t all fun and games. Growing bones at a rapid rate, especially with the intention of using bones located below the skin, is fairly painful. His extraneous bones grow passively as well; although the growth is slow, if not kept in check, they could end up growing into vital organs with dire consequences.
Other: Taro was accepted into U.A. via recommendation, and therefore will not be participating in the general entrance exam.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Good morning all, I just wanted to make a quick announcement that will phase into my previous one (because of double-posting and all). So that is an interesting idea that I'm not too familiar with the concept of @'ing people in roleplays. The idea is interesting because it lets others know who specifically said person/people are talking to and it also gives the communicator a heads up on the thread on who should be talking then. Should we start doing this? Any objections? (The only time we wouldn't do this is in big groups over 5 or something)

I think in smaller groups, this would be great! I usually tag the person I'm talking to unless I forget.

Just a little heads up for everyone.

I’m gonna be at work for the next ... I dunno, 8-9 hours. I know what time I’ll be off but I’m in England and I think the rest of you are in America so it won’t mean much. Basically I won’t be able to write for a while but I’ll get another thing down tonight ;p

Hey everyone, I'd like to make an announcement on the progression of the roleplay. Everything is fine, no worries, but there are a few waiting on the prologue to end so that they can actually join. Nobody needs to rush anything, but I'd like for this day to end as soon as everyone is ready. I realized having a prologue could basically burn us all out so I thought it would be good to get everyone going into the main action. As far as what I'm thinking of for now is just to wrap up any conversations as naturally as possible whenever everyone is ready and then we can time skip to the day of the Exams. Like this post if you copy. Over and out :D

I am in the Eastern Standard Timezone. If others don't want to share that kind of information, that is fine btw. I actually might add it to my description, who knows.