• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mess in the mines of Mt. Moon

OOC:This is a reply to Randy's 2nd to last post. Sorry for shortness. Oh, and I have only mentioned 2 pokemon, but I will add another.

"OK" he said with determination. He felt he could do this. He sent out Quilava. It was just as hyped as Jack was, its fire blazing. "Quilava, use Flame Wheel!" he shouted as it started spinning. It hurtled toward its opponent, as Jack waited to see what Randy would do.

(didn't Randy leave to catch the Lickitung?)

Brendan checked the pokémon center clock, it said five' o' clock yet it was getting dark. That was what usually happened in winter though. Brendan wondered how long it was going to take at the museum to get the job. Brendan could clearly see that Rei was rearing to go.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Brendan asked, then turned for the door and signaled for her to follow. Machop was already at the door and was watching Randy leave just before the battle between him and the trainer who now had a Quilava out.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Okie dokie." Rei said hyped up to go. Rei lifted one pokeball from her belt and let it expand. "Come on out Kit." Rei said and Kitty came out quickly. "Purrr-sian"Kitty said happily following right beside Rei as they left te Pokemon Center. "Hard to belive it is still before 8 o'clock." Rei said seeing that the sky was turning dark already.

ooc: sorry bout the short post my brain is dieing tonight >.

Brendan and Machop quickly caught up and took the lead on the path. Brendan took Rei down several alleyway short cuts and five minutes later, the museum appeared in front of them. Instead of going in, Brendan took them down the right side of it and a building that was attached to the museum itself appeared.

"Well this is the lab, all research on the museum exhibits take place here. And I believe this is where you are heading, am I right?" Brendan announced, hoping that Rei was not thinking of professor Oak all the way in Pallet Town.

"I think it might be. The lab around were I am from doesn't have the equipment needed to be sure the egg is ok."Rei said somewhat nervously." Heh. A lab specificlly to check and be sure pokemon eggs are in good shape can't figure this agenda out." Rei gave a forced laugh."Thank you very much for showing were the lab was."REi smiled

"No problem" Brendan said, grinning and he then leaned on the door. "But if they can't do it, then you probably would need to turn to Professor Oak in Pallet- Waah!" Brendan could not finish what he was saying as the door suddenly swung open and he tumbled in backwards. Brendan looked up to see a brown haired man in his twenties with a cowboy hat, a black jacket with a white shirt, brown trousers, and, from Brendan's' position, the tops of hiking boots.

"I presume the two of you are here to sign up for protecting the mine?" the man asked gruffly, but there was a feel of friendliness in his voice.

"I am, Rei here has an egg she wants someone here to examine." Brendan answered. The man looked closely at the egg Rei held for six seconds or so.

"I see...," he said, then turned back to Brendan."You might want to take those stairs up to the office, the museum organizer would want to speak to people like you personally." he explained, he then turned to Rei. "You can come with me into the main lab area, I think I can persuade a friend here to take a closer look at the egg"

"Thanks for your help!" Brendan said as he got back on his feet, "Maybe I'll see you later Rei, huh?" Brendan suggested

"Ok, thank you sir." Rei said with a small bow towards the man in the cowboy hat, then turned to Brendan. "Ok, most likly I have to stick around here for awhile before i can return to were i live." Rei said with a small laugh. Thinking about the fact she would have to earn some more cash before she could take the ferry home.

"Purrr-sian." said Kitty in a laugh-like tone.

'ooh, ok, well, good luck! i might see you around! hehe, Lloyd laughed as he walked off, staring at the man with the cowboy hat, half hearing the conversation after 'i presume you are here...' and sneaked over to hear the rest, protecting the mine? what was this all about? it sounded like an adventure though and that was what he liked to do best.

Lloyd thought about it before signing up, he didn't want to get zangoose hurt. But then again, he hadn't battled in a while, it might do him good.

(i'm assuming that this is the event sort of thing?)

"Then come this way uh, Rei," the man said as he directed Rei to a large double door like in hospitals. As they went through, Brendan could see part of a rock being mined at carefully before the doors closed again. Brendan heard a footstep behind him and swung around to see a boy with a Zangoose, Brendan recognized him as the two trainers he saw at the center.

"I guess you're also here to help with the miner duty thing, the guy with the hat said we should be heading up these stairs." Brendan asked as he started walking up them, they went up two stories and ended at a door that was in the same wall as the double doors the man and Rei just went through. "The name's Brendan by the way, I'm here for the same reason you might be"

'huh? oh, yeah' Lloyd said, startled, he wasnt expecting the boy to turn around 'I'm Lloyd!' Lloyd chirped happily 'what is this whole thing about Mt. Moons then?' Lloyd questioned Brendan while calling Zangoose to hurry up.

Lloyd and Zangoose followed the boy around like two pet dogs, looking around for anything interesting.

(did Shuichi come with you, or are we still at the center? :-\ I think I changed the scene to the museum lab)

"That is something I'm not entirely sure of myself. Pokémon in the area have been behaving rather aggressively and the museum is trying to mine something at Mt. Moon. That's what I know so far, the organizer of this operation said he would give more information up here." Brendan explained.

Down in the lab, the man with the cowboy hat takes Rei to a far corner in the area where at least seventy scientists are working on a large amount of rocks, fossils, and machinery. A scientist in the corner is working on what appears to be an incubator.

"Larry, that fossil egg analyzer still works with live eggs, right? This girl here wants to check out her egg," The man asked, somewhat startling the man.

"Really? I'm sure it still does so could I have that egg for a minute?" the scientist said

(oh, no i meant to put the called zangoose over earlier on, i'll edit that out, sorry about that)

'thats odd, i'll try and help in any way i can,' Lloyd smiled again, and this time Zangoose joined in too. Lloyd waited for something to happen, he leaned himself up a wall and looked around.

Zangoose sat down next to Lloyd and took a rest, fidgeting some more.

(gah, i didn't know what to say, sorry)

(no problem, we are human and humans can make mistakes like that)

"I found it rather odd too," Brendan said, "But behind this door, questions will be answered." Brendan then opened the door to show a well-decorated, large room with a man in a grey suit seated in a desk at the opposite end. One side of the wall opened up to allow the owner of the room to see everything that is happening down below. Brendan could see Rei and the person with the hat in a corner talking to a scientist.

"Good evening trainers, I hope you are here to help protect our mining operation. Why not take a seat and I'll answer any questions" the man greeted, gesturing towards three seats lining the other wall. Brendan and Lloyd took the chairs towards the desk, then sat down and looked at him, waiting for a full explanation of the upcoming task.

"Over recent times, the pokémon in the surrounding area have been acting rather oddly, acting aggressively towards other humans. Moreover, this could be a problem to us as recently, we have uncovered something that came from below Mt. Moon. Would you like to see it?" he explained, he then picked up a rock about the size of a baseball and placed it in front of him. Brendan looked at it hoping to find some sort of inscription, but nothing out of the ordinary was visible.

"A... rock?" Brendan asked as he looked awkwardly at the big cheese.

"Is this a joke?" Lloyd asked (sorry if you are against autoing, but you probably will not be silent through this whole thing)

"Yes, it is indeed a rock. But watch what happens when I do this" the man said, he took out a paper clip and dropped it; it fell a fraction then flew and stuck to the rock. Brendan studied a bit of geology recently and realized what was so special about this stone.

"It's a Mt. Coronet rock! All the way from Sinnoh!" Brendan breathed, "Are you saying you found this in Mt. Moon?" he asked

"Exactly! We were skeptical at first, but a small bit of testing from a Probopass reveals that there is magnetism somewhere below ground. There might be even more of this rock. What the objective of the mission is to try to figure out why a rock that is usually found in Sinnoh appears all the way in Kanto. However, with the pokémon problem and the recent tremors, we probably would need some trainers with strong pokémon such as you two to help us with this operation." He explained.

"Yeah, but why are the pokémon acting like this? And what is that about tremors? I haven't felt-" Brendan started to shoot him with questions, but stopped as he noticed a bobble hula dancer that was once standing idle was starting to move as if it had a life of its own. Suddenly, the building was shaking violently. Brendan could see scientists in the lab outside the window began taking what needed protecting and hid under their tables. The man cowered under his desk and left Brendan and Lloyd uncovered. "Duck!" Brendan yelled as a light above them came loose and swung down at the two. Narrowly missing Brendans' head then it rested hanging on two strings. After twenty seconds, the shaking slowed down and stopped, and then the power failed.

(The post is a little bit, I know. But it had to get the point across and speak english)

Rei felt the ground trembling right when she was going to hand over the egg but instead pulled it close to herself. Kitty drew close to Rei protectively. Rei had curled in a ball on the ground while the building had shook holding the egg close, while Kitty had blocked several large books from hitting Rei during the tremors. When the building stopped shaking Rei look up slowly with wide eyes.

"Pursian." Kitty said in a relived like tone.

(hehe, autoing is fine if it goes with the flow, thanks)

'What was that?!' Lloyd shouted, only half expecting an answer, his head was facing towards the room Rei was in trembling slightly. He looked around to see Zangoose ducked down with his hands over his head, for once, feeling like a coward.

Lloyd felt some wet substance trickle down his head, red liquid, blood. Lloyd quickly wiped it off as he rose to his feet, attempting to lift up Brendan with him. A piece of the light had fallen onto his head and had scratched deep into his skin. Lloyd felt dizzy but was still standing straight, after a moment, he was fine. He looked around to see the other two people shaking and Brendan half risen.

'Is everyone alright?' Lloyd realised it was a dumb question but it still had to be asked through the dimly lit room.

(sorry for a tad of autoing here and gore, i can edit it out if you want)

(there's only one other person in the room apart from us two, shaded :p)

Brendan got to his feet with help from Lloyd, "Thanks, and yeah, I'm fine. You look like you need to do something about that cut on your head." Brendan said, wishing he had a clean handkerchief to control the bleeding on Lloyds' head. The remaining light in the room then disappeared and left the room pitch black. Brendan took out a pokéball and released his Duskull, "could you lighten up the place with will-o-wisp?" Brendan asked the pokémon, only being able to see it from the glow of its red eye. A blue flame then came out of one of its eye sockets and it expanded to bathe the room in a mysterious blue light. Machop who took cover under one of the chairs now emerged unscathed from the shake up.

"T-t-they wasn't s-supposed to b-be that b-big…," the manager that set their now daunting task upon them stammered with a shaky voice as he clambered out from under his desk.

"That was one of the tremors?" Brendan said quite angrily, tremors were not supposed to be that big. "I don't blame the pokémon around here for acting like this with those shake ups."

"That's why we need several trainers with strong pokémon; we need protection from pokémon angered by these incidents and from possible cave-ins. I will ask once more, do you think you could help us with this task?" the man explained. Brendan thought about it, it was not something he really did for the whole 24 hours it took to get here. He looked at Duskull for an answer, but the creature did not answer. Machop on the other hand gave thumbs up, meaning it was okay with it as long as he was okay with it.

"Okay, I'll do it. You think you want to help out as well Lloyd?" Brendan asked

(I don't have anything against autoing either, and the gore is something to remind me we aren't trying to make a kiddy book so I don't mind it at all)

(yeah, just realised XD)

'Sure, I'll help!' Lloyd quircked up.

He turned around to Zangoose who gave him a smile. 'and Zangoose' Lloyd laughed. 'hold on, let vulpix help out with the lighting up' Lloyd grabbed a pokeball from his belt and let out vulpix who was in a good mood for some odd reason. 'Vulpix, you help too. use will-o-wisp' Lloyd said in a somewhat monotone voice.

Vulpix nodded and created a small ball of fire with her hands and let it float around the room which brightened up some more.

'So, where to first?' he asked anyone who was prepared to answer, wiping some blood off the top of his forehead. the cut wasn't bleeding so much not, it seemed to have gone down slightly.

"Well first, you two can rest up and train a bit. We will start the operation at Mt. Moon at one' o' clock tomorrow. And so far, we only have you two and Tony" the man answered to Lloyds' question.

"Who's Tony?" Brendan asked

"An archeologist, he has quite a team of pokémon and he can help excavation at the same time. He's the one with the dandy hat down there... somewhere" he explained, he was about to point him out but the darkness down below kept him from finding him.

Meanwhile, Tony, the hat guy, got back to his feet and surveyed what he could in the inky blackness. "Damn tremors" he whispered, knowing exactly what has happened. It was difficult at first, but when some of the light from upstairs appeared, he was able to make out Rei on the ground and Persian with a book under its paw. The machine appeared to be still intact and the scientist was cowering under the table it sat on. Tony turned to Rei,

"You alright? That was quite a shaker," he asked, extending a hand to help Rei to her

"Yea I am fine. "Rei said shakily taking his hand and standing up. "Are you alright. I am going to get my Ninetails out to help get some light in here." Rei fumbled with her pokeballs till she found the right one. "Blaze come on out!" Rei could faintly see Blaze's outline. "Blaze will-o-wisp." Blaze sent some light into the room.

"Ah, there's the old chap" the man exclaimed as a blue light also appeared down below. Brendan could see Rei, a Ninetails, and Tony with the hat. Brendan thought about what might have happened to some of the study the scientists were working on.

"So how long is this operation going to take? And is there any payment involved?" Brendan asked,

"The operation could take up to ten days, maybe more" he answered, "And payment will be decided when you complete the job. But hopefully, you end up with a minimum of five-thousand pokédollars."

Down below, the scientist has gotten up and was checking the machine. "It's a miracle it still can respond, but I might need to re-test it to make sure I don't break the egg" he commented. "So it looks like we can't have a safe look at this egg yet, what would you want to do now? Come back when we fix it up?" he continued

(I'll be gone for a few days so I might not be able to reply until Saturday)

"I think I will wait." Rei said a little nervous still. "What is with that tremor?" Rei glanced around the room. She had thouasands of questions , but she held back doing her best not to seem annoying.

"Puur-sain" Kitty sighed.

Blaze sat looking round the room slightly.

ooc: Sory bout short post...I am not going to be on most likely on friday i have to go to my great-uncles funeral

(looks like i'the only one then XD)

'wow, that's quite a lot of money, Lloyd exclaimed in response to the money matters. Vulpix continued with lighting the room as Zangoose took up a manager-like pose next to Lloyd just for the sake of looking important. Lloyd didn't know what to say next, he had several things going around his head but he knew they would sound stupid when they'd come out.

He wanted to go and train but didn't really want to seem too rude, so he took a seat instead.

OOC: OMG I'm like super late, all summer I was stuck in Florida with like no internet...sorry. I'll just start after I caught the Lickitung.

Randy started running to the Pokemon Center to show everyone his newly caught friend. He had a Pokeball in one hand and a Moon Stone in another. He was grinning ear to ear and Larvitar was also grinning, running right behind Randy. As he reached the Pokemon Center he noticed it was empty. He decided to wait for everyone at a resturant. Obviously they didn't know he was there but if he saw them he would catch up.

"Hmm Larvitar you hungry?" Randy asked.

Larvitar replied with a loud call and a grin. Of course he was hungry, especially after the run in with that group of Lickitung. He did a great job also, doing a strong Earthquake and knocking out at least 4 of them. That brought him closer to evolving, Randy just knew it. Randy ran to the resturant and once he got there he released his newly aquired Lickitung from his Pokeball. He walked up to the cashier and started to place his order.

"Hello." The cashier announced. "What will you be having today?"

"Hmmm I would like a double Poke-burger, some Poke-fries, and a Poke-shake." Randy replied. "I would also like 10 Poke-snacks, and 10 Poke-meals."

The cashier looked at Randy blankly.

"Wow you'll eat all that, even Pokemon food?!?" The cashier asked.

Randy laughed and replied. "No the regular food is mine, the Pokemon food is for my Pokemon."

"Whew" The cashier sighed, "Ok that would be 755 Pokedollars please."

Randy pulled out a whole stack of thousands of Pokedollars, being a Pokemon Ranger is really good pay. Randy payed the cashier and thanked him.

"No problem, your food will take about 30 minutes to 1 hour." The cashier replied regularly.

Randy walked back to his table next to Lickitung and decided to wait for at least a sign of all the other trainers. He couldn't wait until they saw him and his new Lickitung.

(I'm back in town with a killer headache and a burnt back, but otherwise A-O.K. And shaded, a previous post says that you had a day to train so there is no need to wait in the chair)

"Well off you go then, no need to wait around any longer. You need all the training you need as it's taking place deep in the mountain and it will be a while until you would be able to get to a pokémon center should you need it." the man dismissed.

"Sure then... Mr. Gorns" Brendan said, finally addressing him by his name upon spotting a nameplate hidden behind a stack of papers. Brendan took off without waiting for Lloyd. A lot was spinning through his mind. First was the fact that he was not going to be able to answer all the possible situations that could happen with the pokémon he had right now, he started preparations by stopping at a transfer machine to collect two of his pokémon. That was when he heard something, a growling of something monstrous... his hunger.

Brendan went to a restaurant that happened to be close by and spotted Randy there, a Lickitung and Larvitar was sitting next to him. Brendan realized that he was supposed to help Randy with catching Lickitung. A little disappointed at letting Randy down, Brendan wandered over, ordered a burger and poke-food. Then turned to Randy.

"Sorry for not helping you catch Lickitung, but I suppose you got what you came for at least. Did you feel that earthquake earlier?" Brendan explained

Back at the lab, Tony was admiring the Ninetails Rei called out. Thinking whether it was a strong battler. "If you're a good battler, you might be helpful in a mining operation planned for tomorrow; your friend already went up to see Mr. Gorns about it. If you want to, you can help. And there isn't much we know about the tremors either, just that" he said

As Randy sat down he noticed Brendan walked into the resturant, oreder food and started walking to Randy's table. As Brendan spotted the Lickitung he seemed a bit dissapointed. Than Brendan spoke.

"Sorry for not helping you catch Lickitung, but I suppose you got what you came for at least. Did you feel that earthquake earlier?" Brendan said.

Randy smiled, "It's ok, I caught what I wanted."

Randy laughed and responded, "Hahaha that earthquake was probably my Larvitar. This Lickitung and others were going to attack a baby Growlithe. I told Larvitar to use his strongest Earthquake after I picked up the Growlithe from harm. It knocked out at least 4 Lickitung and the others ran."

Randy started to examine the Lickitung from up to down. He noticed how tough and determined it looked.

"Hmmm this seems to be the leader. It was in the front and almost didn't seem affected by the attack. I still only threw one pokeball and caught it but it seemed almost obsessed with that Growlithe, even after the attack."

Just than the waitress came out with Randy and his pokemons food. Randy smiled as Lickitung slurped up half of each plate on his tounge.

"Well, dig in!" Randy announced.

"I guess I could do it..It will be awhile before I can go back to Hoenn anyways." Rei shurged." My pokemon will be able to get some more experiance....They have had to sit on the sidelines and be bored after we finished collecting badges." Rei Gave a small laugh.

"Puuur-sian" Kitty said happily to hear of getting to do something.

Blaze yawned boredly.

ooc: I never want to go to another funeral in my life...the little kids kept tickling me after the service T_T

(i thught so, but i wasn't able to come online for a bit, and i wanted to make sure that there was nothing else for you to say, thanks)

'Kabuto! use water gun on Zangoose!' Lloyd yelled to the brown shell, which let out a tiny bit of liquid at lloyd's sidekick who just stood there as the drips fell on him. 'well, it's an improvement!' Lloyd smiled as Zangoose just stared at him for being so positive. Lloyd moved up and down the line of pokemon battles he had set between his pokemon to train; scyther against Frosslass, who as usual had put a flower on her head and Shinx against Vulpix. Lloyd noticed the fury of colours come out of everyone, the greens, whites, yellows, reds and the odd blue in places.

They were training just outside the city but still in view of it. Lloyd sat down on a nearby bench and watched the pokemon practice for a while, when his eyes awoke to a bright white light, it wasn't frosslasses ice beam but something from that direction, he scanned the pokemon, everyone had stopped to look, shinx was evolving. There was a loud roar as the flashing stopped and Luxio was revealed, still with the red hair tips, Lloyd was extatic and so was Luxio too by the look of it. All the other pokemon around him were clapping and Lloyd did too.

Brendan chuckled when Lickitung stole some of Randys' food. However, he did not notice his burger and chips arrive and found Lickitung trying to steal his. Brendan wrestled with the plate for a few seconds and managed to save his burger, a few fries, and his soda. Machop hid behind Brendan to pick up a can of poke food without Lickitung taking the whole can. Brendan studied the Lickitung and could see that this was a rather strong pokémon, but how strong was the question.

"That earthquake defiantly wasn't caused by Larvitar, and they apparently have been happening often. So you can exclude the fact that Larvitar is stronger than a Tyranitar. And I can see that you have a good Lickitung there, but maybe we can test its power in a small battle tomorrow; Lickitung against Duskull. What do you say?" Brendan said.

"Then you should be heading upstairs to see Mr. Gorns quickly for some information. I already have shown your friend the way so you should be able to follow him." Tony answered, pointing towards the doors. "Maybe we'll see you there tomorrow," he continued.

(as you can see, I have developed a way to seperate the goings of the lab and wherever Brendan is for now)

OOC: Awww Lickitung has normal attacks that can't attack ghost...xD...and Larvitar is stronger than a Tyranitar...just kidding.

As Randy grabbed his plate and got ready to eat he noticed Lickitung took half of his plate also. The other half was covered in saliva so Randy decided not to eat.

"...I can see that you have a good Lickitung there, but maybe we can test its power in a small battle tomorrow; Lickitung against Duskull. What do you say?" Brendan asked.

Randy thought about this for a moment. He knew it was a good chance to learn Lickitungs moves but still, he was a normal type. He most likely has norma attacks so Randy decided to hold off after a little more training.

"Hmmmm, I don't know. I stil never got to battle with him and I still need to get to know him and train." Randy explained.

He looked at Brendan and felt a little sad. He hoped he didn't let him down.

"I'll tell you what," Randy said. "when I'm done training I'll have a battle with you, ok?"

(lickitung can learn other moves such as rollout and gyro ball, or have I gone lickiliky. And Larvitar couldn't have caused the quake as it has important ties in the plot)

Brendan chuckled when Randy pushed his plate away from him disgusted, "That was what I thought you'd say, I might as well..." he said then yawned, and picked up what was left of his burger, "turn in for the night then train a bit myself tomorrow" he finished, then put his burger in his mouth. However, when Brendan swallowed it, he realized that there was something warm and smooth in his mouth as well. He looked down and saw that it stuck out of his mouth and trailed down to the ground and ended in the mouth of a rather guilty-looking Lickitung. Brendans' eyes widened in horror as he realized that when he was talking, Lickitung tried to take food from Brendans' hands and he stuck the burger in his mouth at the same moment Lickitung wrapped its tongue around it.

"BLEEEERRHHH!!" Brendan screamed as he tore the tongue from his mouth and Lickitung retracted it. He then started coughing as some of his food went the wrong way.

(I just had to do that XD)

(XD you get cookies for that)

Lloyd decided to call in to a pokemon center, they had done enough training for one day, except kabuto, who still hadn't got the hang of water gun at all. He called each pokemon to their pokeball, except for zangoose who he always let walk with him. He had a glum expression on his face, 'you hungry? he said to the cat ferret he nodded in excitement.

When they arrived at the resturant, he noticed in the corner of his eye the guy from earlier being attacked by a lickitung. It made him laugh they way Brendan reacted. The pokemon and Lloyd sat at a table and ordered Zangoose some pokepizza and pokepasta (LOL) Lloyd was looking over Zangooses shoulder to see what was going on, apparently, a battle was turned down, Lloyd quickly jumped in the conversation, 'do you mind if i face my kabuto against you? he heeds a lot more training' he quircked.

OOC: I know it was a joke, xD nice job with Lickitung. Oh and yea you went into Lickilicky...xD

As Randy started explaining to Brendan about training Lickitung he noticed Brendan paused before biting his burger. It was a big miskake and Randy knew it. Lickitung had wrapped his tounge around the burger as he paused and Brendan hadn't noticed. Randy decided not to say anything. After he took a bite of the burger he frowned. Brendan moved his tounge in his mouth a bit searching for something slimey he had tasted. He saw a pink taffy looking worm in his mouth that was extremely long. He followed it with his eyes and noticed it led straight to Lickitung. He knew instantly what had happened after that. He spit out his chewed up burger from his mouth and started screaming in horror. Randy couldn't hold it in.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man that was too funny!" Randy managed to blurt out between gasps for air.

"BLEEEERRHHH!!" Brendan screamed.

"Ok Lickitung, too much fun for one day." Randy said as he pulled it's pokeball off his waste and returned him so he wouldn't cause any more disturbance.

Just than a trainer from across the resturant heard their conversation. He jumped up and sped to Randy and Brendan.

"Do you mind if I face my Kabuto against you, he heeds a lot more training." The trainer blurted out.

"Wow," Randy said "It seems as if we all win. You can get your battle and I can make Lickitung watch for a little experience. Also, you get to train your Kabuto."

Randy looked at Brendan and shrugged his shoulders. It would be a good experience for Lickitung to watch some pokemon in action, although he would obviously need alot more training than that. It was a good start though, he could get all the basics down hopefully.

"I make a pretty good judge." Randy announced hopefully.

Rei Had gotten bored at the lab after she signed up for the whole mine thing. Rei jumped slightly when she heard a loud rumble and she turned quickly and saw her embarrassed looking Ninetails, Blaze. " A little hungry Blaze? Sometimes I have to wonder if your part Munchlax!" Rei teased softly as the trio began for the Pokemon Center."We are going to have to work hard to get this job done...maybe even as hard as we had to to get these badges" Rei smirked at her pokemon." But we can do it!" The rest of the way Rei absent-mindedly petted Kitty all the way into the Pokemon Center.

Brendan was still coughing and spluttering throughout all of this, eventually it died down and he was able to introduce Rany and Lloyd.

"Randy, this is Lloyd, I met him at the museum earlier today. LLoyd, this is Randy, he's a ranger who has been looking for team members here for maybe a week now," Brendan introduced. Brendan then became aware of Machop huddled in a corner with his hands in his face. At first glance, Machop could have been humiliated. But Brendan could see his shoulders quivering, showing that Machop was actually trying very hard not to laugh. Brendan then spotted Rei walking by, probably heading towards the pokemon center. Brendan turned back to Randy and Lloyd to join their conversation.

'Hi!' Lloyd said. 'Nice Lickitung by the way, it/he/she's got a very nice...tongue?' Lloyd stuttered, he didn't know how to compliment it, he chuckled to himself before introducing Randy to his Zangoose, 'This is Zangoose!' Lloyd pointed towards the pokemon next to him very plainly, Lloyd leaned over to whisper something into Randy's ear, 'he can get very annoyed, i suggest you attempt not to anger him' Lloyd quietly whispered before turning back to see Zangoose staring him right in the eye, looking rather angered '...JOKING' Lloyd said in an attempt to save himself. It seemed to have worked.

'Anyway, how did you get out here then?' Lloyd questioned Randy, knowing that it may have been a bit of a stupid question. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the girl from earlier walking past.

Rei decided to sit down next to a tree outside the Pokemon CenterSetting the egg down carefully beside her. Then got out her Pokefood she caried with her. "Growlithe...Seal...Gale...Chow time!" Rei said cheerfully as each pokemon came outhappily....well minus Gale whom was pouting as usual. Rei gave food to all of her pokemon. Blaze made a rare but happy noise and started to scarf his food down. "Honestly I have seen Munchlax that eat less." Rei laughed happily with her pokemon before grabbing an apple out of her ebag and going to take a bite...

Brendan yawned. A long and quiet yawn that made his limbs go limp. At the end of it, Brendan recovered control of his limbs. He was still tired from the night before, he decided to try to finish the conversation quickly so he could call it a day. However, ending it that second would have been rather rude.

"Anyway, how did you get out here then?" Lloyd asked. Brendan turned to Randy, remembering that there were a few things that they did not cover when they first ran into each other the week before. Brendan waited for Randys' answer and maybe he could learn a thing or two as well.

(I wanted to make it longer, but the spotlight is currently on Randy so I can't really do much)

Rei watched her pokemon start to play after they finished eating. Minus Blaze whom was staring at her and made a small noise that she knew ment more please. "Alright you piggy." Rei giggled giving her lovely Ninetails some more food then watched her other pokemon carefully. Rei sighed noticing Gale sleeping but giggled as she saw Growlithe preparing to pounce on Gale. Rei smiled at the sight of a confused Kitty trying to look on top of her head at the little Seal whom was trying to catch a ride.

ooc: *Runs off to fix signature!*

OOC: Actually I didn't reply because the spotlight is on Lloyd, and Brendan so this isn't going to be a long post. He asked Brendan to a battle and I said I'd make a good judge. So it's up to your two to accept the battle.

Randy noticed Brendan turned his attention to him now and was about to say something but Lloyd spoke first.

"Hi!" Lloyd said. "Nice Lickitung by the way, he's got a very nice...tongue."

"Haha, ummm yea it's a litle wild and unpredictable. It's like I have two pokemon in one." Randy said with a laugh.

"This is Zangoose." Lloyd said. "He can get very annoyed, I suggest you attempt not to anger him."

As soon as Randy heard "He can get very annoyed" he saw Zangoose's head jerk. Zangoose seemed pretty angry at the comment and was staring down Lloyd now. Lloyd seemed to notice and looked down at Zangoose with an akward smile.

"...JOKING!" Lloyd announced, and with that Zangoose calmed down and strolled off.

Lloyd sighed a sigh of releif and continued with the questions.

"Anyway, how did you get out here then?" Lloyd said feeling a bit ridiculous at the question.

"I took the ferry in Vermilion to visit my old friend Lt. Surge." Randy said with a smile. "Than I walked up here because Lt. Surge told me there were Lickitung in the area and I though it would be perfect for my team." Randy said looking at Lickitungs pokeball on his waist.