• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mess in the mines of Mt. Moon

(This will be a simple RP, anyone can participate here as long as the rules are followed. This applies whether you're a noob or not)

"GENGAR! SHADOW BALL!" Brendan ordered. His Gengar then put his hands together and formed a floating ball of black energy. Then a second later, he released it, smashed a target balanced on a tree and it fell to the ground. Turning to the other ghost pokémon in the area, Brendan ordered his Duskull to copy Gengar. Duskull attempted to do the same, but the ball disappeared before she had a chance to release it. Duskull sank to the ground in dismay. "Don't worry Duskull" Brendan comforted the floating skull, "You did much better than yesterday." After returning the two pokémon to their respective pokeballs and gathering the targets, Brendan headed back to Pallet Town.

It was a crisp autumn afternoon that day in Western Kanto. The streets were empty as the adults were working and the kids were at school. Brendan found it very different as he used to be one of those kids before he set off on a pokémon journey. Upon, arriving at his small house, he opened the way to the basement and walked inside. The basement of his house was transformed into a sanctuary for Brendan's pokémon. His Scizor was training with Alakazam, Charizard, and Fearow. His Dragonite, Aggron, and Golem were having a little nap. Swampert was eating scraps from lunch. Shiftry was watching everything from an alcove in the wall. Finally yet importantly, Machop was trying to meditate. Brendan did not blame him after a crushing loss to a Medicham during the League.

"Brendan!" a voice called from the house itself. Brendan released Gengar and Duskull from their pokeballs and went up to see what his dad wanted.

"Any luck with a job?" Brendan asked as he went to his dad's study. His dad lost his Silph Co. job quite recently and has been looking for a research job ever since.

"You know that we need money if you want to get a ferry to go to Sinnoh, right?" his dad asked. He was holding a sheet of paper that he printed off.

"Uh huh" Brendan nodded.

"Well if you try aiding Pewter Museum with this expedition they're planning, you might be able to get a start on making enough money to do so. They need tough trainers and I think you might be able to apply" His dad explained.

"Not one-hundred percent sure how I could help, but I think that would be a good idea." Brendan answered in almost no time at all.

"Well then you might want to go to Pewter City as soon as possible" his dad finished, signaling that now was a good time.

"Sure then dad! See you later!" Brendan waved, went downstairs, picking up Scizor, Duskull, and Machop along the way. Then he started up the road to Pewter City.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turtwigz001

Red had already made his way to Pewter City and was training with his Pokemon. "Flame, use Flamethrower! Hit the targets!" Red told his Charizard. Flame hit every target. "Wow! That was amazing, Flame!" Red said to Flame, "Guess you're training's done! Go Saur!" Red let out his Ivysaur. "Now, use solarbeam!" Red ordered. Saur took in sunlight.

"Ivyyy......... SAUR!" Saur said letting out the charged sunlight in a focused beam. Saur only hit a few targets.

"Alright. Let's go, Squirt!" Red said, throwing out his Squirtle. "Now, Squirtle, use Water Gun! On the targets!" Red told Squirt. She hit most of the targets. "Nice one, Squirt!" Red complimented Squirt. "Alright, let's go, Pika!" Red let Pika out. "Let's try Megavolt!" Red said.

"Pi, pi pika!" Pika rejected.

"Oh, that's right, electric attacks don't hurt rock or ground types. Sorry. I guess you're not in this one." Red said, "Is that alright with you, Pika?"

"Pi. Pikachu... Pika?" Pika asked.

"If that means, 'Can I sit on the sidelines?' then yes." Red told Pika, "Whoa I guess it's getting late already. I guess we'd better find a place to crash. Let's go to the Pokemon Center." They then went to sleep at the Pokemon Center.

Jack was on the road to Pewter City. He was a new trainer. OK..... not so new. He had been training near Pallet Town for about a month. He was going to Pewter City to get his first gym badge. And he was confident.

He stopped to rest under a tree. He was traveling with his Quilava, his starter pokemon who had evolved about a week ago. Quilava liked Jack much better than its pokeball, so it stayed out with him. They were tired and rested a bit. Then Jack decided to train with his only other pokemon. "Go Tyrogue!" Jack shouted as the pokemon came out of its ball. "Use Brick Break on that tree!" he shouted. They did that a bunch of times. Then he put Tyrogue back in it's pokeball and he and Quilava headed for Pewter City.

When they got there, Jack went to the pokemon center to sleep. He was very excited for the adventures ahead.

OOC: Hey sup Brendan. xD

Randy was at the pokemon center healing after he was ambushed by Miltanks around Route 22. He succeded in defeating them but after the battle his Dragonair and Electrike took some major damage from those Stomp and Rollout attacks. Larvitar was sleeping on the bench, and Houndoom was in his pokeball. Randy heard the Pokemon Center doors slide open but was just too worried about his pokemons health to examine who had just walked in. He cleared his throat and began to speak in a weird almost scarred voice.

"Nurse Joy will my pokemon be ok?" Randy said with a nervous voice.

"They'll be fine, don't worry." Nurse Joy explained with a smile so wide her teeth almost lit up the room.

Randy breathed a sigh of releif. Randy was a Pokemon Ranger, as most people would tell by his outfit. He wore a red and yellow vest with a white and black undershirt. He had on black and yellow pants with red and black fingerless gloves. He had a red headband that wrapped around his blue hair and wore red, white, and black sneakers. Randy sat next to his sleeping Larvitar and smiled. He just couldn't wait to see Larvitar evolve. He could tell Larvitar was close, just a little more training. Than Randy remembered the other person who had walked in. He saw him getting ready to go to sleep and decided to wait until morning to introduce himself. All Randy wanted for now was to sleep peacefully next to Larvitar, and that he did.

"Right then," Cody said, sitting down on a bench. It was evening in Pewter City, and several things were happening. Children were being called inside by worried mothers for one thing. For another, the city lights were coming on. Cody and his Aipom, Silver, sat on the bench together, with his backpack set to the side. This was the first time Cody had been to Pewter City in a long time. In fact, he had never actually challenged Pewter Gym. Never saw any point to it.

"Uhm...mister...." a small boy had appeared in front of Cody, with what seemed to be a amgazine in his hands. "Are...are you...this guy?" He asked, holding up an open page of the magazine. In the top corner, was a red 7 and, next to that, a picture of Cody with his Aipom. It was the "top 100" list from Johto Battler! magazine. Cody had been named number 7, and the top ten got full page biographies.

"Yea, that's me," he said with a smile, as if it were nothing.

"Can you....sign this please?!" The boy's eyes lit with excitement.

"Hehehe, sure" Cody said, rummagin through hisbackpack, "I don't think I even deserved that title...." he mumbled.

"Yea you do! I saw you battle on T.V. once! It was awesome! You VS. Cynthia, champ of Sinnoh!" He cried

"I lost that battle though..." Cody said, pulling a pen out of his backpack

"But you did GREAT!" he handed the magazine to Cody, who signed it.

"Here," Cody said, handing the magazine to the boy. "I put my e-mail address there too." he said with a smile.

The boy ran off, a huge grin on his face. Cody and Silver stayed on the bench, untill finally walking to the Pokemon Center, and renting a room for the night.

OOC: Hope you don't mind me autoing to morning...sorry if you had plans when everyone was asleep.

Morning came fairly quickly and Randy was up early training with Larvitar. They chose a spot near Route 2 and started to practice his attacks. Randy set up wooden targets made of trees that he carved himself. He put up more than usual, he just wanted Larvitar to evolve as soon as possible.

"Ok Larvitar use Dynamic Punch on that target near that bush." Randy ordered.

Larvitar's right hand started to glow and he released such an incredible blow that it shattered the target to toothpicks. He continued to do this on about 4 other targets and waited for other orders.

"Nice job Larvitar. Hmmm, ok use Rock Throw to knock those targets out of the trees."

Larvitar stomped on the ground and large rocks came shooting up. Larvitar punched each rock and they hit each target directly. Larvitar turned to look at Randy and smiled. Randy smiled back and gave him a Pokesnack.

"Nice job today Larvitar. That should be all for now." Randy said.

He collected the leftover targets and placed them back in his bag. Randy gets bored fairly quickly after training so he decided to head back to the pokemon center and check what's up with any of those other trainers. Who knows maybe he might meet some new friends.

Jack woke up very tired. He hadn't got much sleep last night. Even so, he went into the lobby of the Pokemon Center. He saw a guy there. He looked like a pokemon ranger. Jack had always wanted to meet one. He walked over and introduced himself.

Randy walked into the Pokemon Center and saw the boy from last night. Randy walked up to the counter and asked Nurse Joy if she had any information of Lickitung in the area. He was looking for a new pokemon and thought Lickitung would be perfect for his team. Just than Randy noticed the boy from last night approaching him. Larvitars usual tough guy act kicked in. He stepped in front of Randy and buffed up his chest to make it seem like he looked bigger. Randy smiled and looked down at Larvitar.

"Haha it's ok Larvitar, let your guard down." Randy had said calmly.

Larvitar looked up and pouted. He took a seat on the bench and rummaged through Randy's bag to look for so berries to munch on. Randy smiled and looked at him. He imagined him as a Pupitar, alot tougher and less cute.

"Sorry about Larvitar, he thinks he's tough but he actually is a softy." Randy said to the boy still approaching him.

Randy reached out his arm to the boy and introduced himself.

"I've seen you before, last night I beleive. Hmmmm, my names Randy, what's yours?" Randy asked.

(four posters in the space of eight hours, now how to welcome them all...)

Brendan took every short cut he knew on the path between Pallet Town and Viridian City, and then kept going through Viridian Forest. Only being distracted for a few minutes when a swarm of Beedrill attacked him. Scizor and Machop worked well at sending them packing once they were under the influence of a confuse ray from Duskull. Brendan returned Scizor and Duskull and left Machop free from its pokéball then sighed, it was only recently since they have been acting this way, Beedrill usually only attacked those that approached their nest. At first, he thought it was the Dustox aggravating the Beedrill to patrol the forest looking for absolutely anything to attack. However, this attack was just too different for it to be that reason. Brendan arrived in Pewter City at midnight: the only hour when there was neither Nurse Joy nor her assistant working at the centre. Seconds upon going through the door, he fell asleep on one of the cushions. Machop was not much better himself and fell asleep by the counter.

Brendan awoke to see that he has been moved to a poke-suite (my name for the rooms a pokémon center has). Machop now slept in a hammock above Brendan. He then got some cereal bars out of his backpack and used those to quench his hunger. He then awoke Machop so he could give it some breakfast. Brendan then remembered why he was here and started out the door, almost leaving Machop behind. Upon entering the lobby of the pokémon center, he saw that there were a large number of trainers. One Brendan recognized to have entered the same league as Brendan back in Johto. Brendan knew he got to the semi-finals, but what happened after that was unknown to him. Suddenly a familiar ranger caught his eye and by his leg, there was a familiar Larvitar.

OOC:Randy, I am a boy that is 10 years old. Please stop calling me a man.

Jack introduced himself. "I'm Jack. Are you a pokemon ranger?" When he nodded Jack said "Wow! I've always wanted to meet one! What are you doing in Pewter City?" Randy told him that he was looking for Lickitung in the area. "Oh! I know where those are. Head a little west of the city and sometimes a bunch of Lickitung there." Randy thanked him and Jack got up and left. Jack decided to go and do more pokemon training.

Rei entered tiredly Pewter City. Her arms ached while she carried the pokemon egg close to her chest. Her mother had sent Rei here with Kitty, Rei's persian she named when she was ten when her mother had caught it. "That lab is going to have to wait... What do you think Kitty? Want to go to the Pokemon Center?" Rei glanced at persian who was barely walking in a straight line. "I'll take that as a yes. why don't you rest till we get there. Return." Rei took out Kitty's pokeball and when Kitty had returned she replaced it on her belt.

ooc:I'll delete if you want me too

OOC: Oh xD I didn't know and try not to auto me without permission...it's kinda rude. I edited my post though.

Randy was surprised by the quick conversation and how the boy, seemingly named Jack, had left. He turned to Nurse Joy.

"Well I guess it's ok now, Hahaha that boy told me where they were. Thanks anyway." Randy had said.

"No problem, have a nice day." Nurse Joys most obvious reply.

Randy turned to leave the Pokemon Center and head west for the Lickitung that were said to be there. He reached the door but he saw someone familiar out the corner of his eye. Could it be he thought, no that'll be too much of a coincidence. Sure enough it was him, Brendan. Randy couldn't beleive it, wow it was him. Randy ran up to him and almost tackled him on the floor.

"Wow Brendan it really is you. Haha didn't think I'd see you here." Randy blurted out.

"So what brings you to Pewter City?" Randy asked.

(This will be a simple RP, anyone can participate here as long as the rules are followed. This applies whether you're a noob or not)
(In conclusion, your presence is very much welcome here victorygurl)

Brendan was caught off guard for a split second, then managed to regain his senses to take a step backwards before Randy did knock him over. This wasn't too surprising really, when Brendan met Randy not too long ago, it didn't take long to know that Randy sometimes acted a little younger than he really was (I hope you don't mind me describing your character like that).

"You still around here Randy? I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon." Brendan said. Machop then went up to Larvitar and greeted him with something that sparked a friendship between the two pokémon when they first met. That was picking Larvitar up then tossing him up and catching him again like a ball. However, Machop attempted to balance on one leg at the same time, and that needed a little practice.

"So what brings you to Pewter City?" Randy asked.

"Well I heard that I could get a little job from the museum about an excavation plan at Mt. Moon, the pokémon there have apparently been acting the same way as the bug pokémon at Viridian Forest. More or less, they are looking for trainers to protect them should some become a problem. That's what I know about it so far," Brendan explained, "But I could ask you the same question. What brings you to Pewter City?" Brendan paused for a second to look at the door, "and who was that kid that bolted earlier? I saw him training around Pallet Town several days ago but never got the chance to say hello. He's defiantly is one impatient chap."

OOC: I'm ok with that description xD. That is more or less how he acts.

Randy smiled as he saw the two old friends play together, Larvitar and Machop. Machop greeted him somewhat the same, throwing him than catching him but this time on one leg. Randy was a little worried he would drop him and Larvitar would get angry but Randy trusted Machop and their bond was strong.

"Hmmm what do you mean acting like bug pokemon?" Randy asked raising an eyebrow.

"I never heard of that. Shouldn't that be my job." Randy joked.

Randy looked at Brendan and smiled. He couldn't wait to catch up with Brendan. Not much time has passed since the last time they met but still he had alot to tell him.

"I could ask you the same question. What brings you to Pewter City, and who was the kid who bolted earlier?" Brendan asked.

Randy laughed and smiled at Larvitar.

"Well Larvitar and I were looking for a new team mate. I heard there were Lickitung in the area so I thought it was the perfect Pokemon for me." Randy explained.

"Hmmm, do you care to join me. I heard they were to the west." Randy had asked hopefully.

"I am never going to find the Pokemon Center at this rate."Rei grumbled to herself and took a pokeball from her waist. "Come on out Growlithe." Rei said as Growlith came out. "Will you help me find the Pokemon Center?" REi barely finished her question and Growlithe took of towards to Pokemon Center. "Growlithe! Slow down!" Rei cried running after it towards the Pokemon Center.

"I would love to come along, but I need to get interviewed for the 'job'. I would defiantly catch up later today though." Brendan answered. "And what I mean by the pokémon activity is that the ones at Mt. Moon are acting the same way as the ones in Viridian Forest, grouping up with pokémon they wouldn't normally team up with and…"

Brendan stopped talking. Because at that second, a Growlithe burst through the doors of the center and tried to stop, but skidded across the floor towards Machop and Larvitar. Machop threw Larvitar and caught him so that he was above Machops' head. Machop then leapt over Growlithe and landed perfectly on both feet before he then put Larvitar down. Brendan looked towards the door to see a girl run in, possibly after Growlithe.

T

Turtwigz001

((Ooc: Did I REALLY just bring back this thread?!?))

Red came running down the stairs that lead up to the rest area. "I REALLY overslept! I've gotta hurry if I'm going to be able to challenge Brock without waiting in a line!" he said. Red was running so fast, he almost tripped over the Growlithe. Red fell over trying to avoid Growlithe. "Ow! Hey, a Growlithe. Excuse me, but is this your Growlithe?" Red asked Brendan.

Pika then came speeding down the stairs, jumped over Growlithe, and landed on Red's shoulder. "Pi, Pika! Pikachu!" he said meaning: Hey, you forgot me!

"Oh. Sorry Pika. I guess I just forgot to wake you up and bring you downstairs. Heheh... heh." Red apologized.

(in a sense, you did, and I thank you. But the thread wasn't really that old)

Brendan was surprised in the same way he was when Randy came charging, except Brendan did not expect it. He tugged on the boys' shoulder to prevent him from falling over. Brendan took a second to look him over. His posture clearly told that this was a quirky person who has recently come here to challenge the Gym Leader, yet something told him he started out a while ago. He was dressed in one of the special clothing that people sometimes sell in Pallet Town so he must have been a local. Brendan was surprised that he did not know him; the town just keeps growing nowadays.

"You got to take it easy on this floor, you and this Growlithe defiantly have a lot in common" Brendan said, he was expecting this newcomer to start talking to Randy because he was a ranger, but Brendan might have been blocking him from view. "By the way, the Growlithe down there doesn't belong to me Machop does." Brendan explained as he pointed at the grey humanoid, Randys' Larvitar got a small bit jealous from not getting as much attention. "I think Growlithe belongs to the girl right there," Brendan continued as he turned his finger towards the girl that continued to approach them, Growlithe responded by running back to its' owner.

"I'm Brendan by the way, what's your name?" he asked, as a Pikachu hopped on this person's shoulder.

Rei had ran in and slid on the floor bumping into her Growlithe. Shesat there surprised for a second then let out a small laugh standing and turning to the boys. "I am so sorry about Growlithe... She was excited to come to a Pokemon Center."Rei gave a small embarrassed smile. Rei looked over the egg quickly.

(who will be sliding across the center next?)

Brendan looked around and saw a couple of people were staring; here he was with two clumsy trainers and a clumsy pokémon to match.

"Anybody else want to make a grand entrance?" Brendan asked everyone who was staring; they instantly looked away and got back to whatever they were doing. Brendan then looked over the girl that sat on the ground in front of them. She was a young one defiantly, and the egg she held told him that she had connections with breeders. The egg itself was common colored, white with green spots all over. Brendan wondered what pokémon could be living inside, just waiting to hatch.

"It's clear that we should make some acquaintances here, eh Randy?" Brendan suggested

OOC: Victorygurl I understand your new but please at least try to put effort into your post,it's only like 3 sentences. Try to add some detail, and this is just some advice to become a good RPer. Also, Beepin this thread wasn't really dead...or old so no I don't think you brung it back.

Randy took a second to absorb what just happened. A Growlithe came charging in the Pokemon Center, and a little girl came charging after it. A boy in a huge rush sped down the stairs and almost tripped over the Growlithe, but Brendan helped him out.

"Wow, this Pokemon Center is busy today." Randy said to himself.

Randy looked around and his attention caught the girl who appeared to own the overly-excited Growlithe.

"I am so sorry about Growlithe... She was excited to come to a Pokemon Center." The girl had said.

The girl with the Growlithe than check over an egg that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. It's like she pulled it out of thin air. Randy looked at her with an akward face.

"You don't talk much do you?" He had asked her.

"Where did you pull that egg from, it's must've been dangerous running that fast with an egg in your hand. Surely you had some place to put it, right?" Randy asked in a somewhat mad tone.

Randy didn't take too kindly to people who put Pokemon in danger, let alone a Pokemon who hasn't been born yet. Maybe it was a Ranger instinct but it just ticked him off. He looked over the girl but didn't notice her from anywhere. Than he turned his attention to Brendan.

"Ok well catch up with me later, I'll be near the Plateau, in the west, looking for Lickitung." Randy announced.

Randy turned around and continued to walk to the Pokemon Center doors. He couldn't wait to train there and catch a Lickitung. He hoped Larvitar would evolve during it's training there. He would fight wild pokemon for a better chance of Larvitar evolving instead of his targets. Than he heard Brendan speak.

"It's clear that we should make some acquaintances here, eh Randy" Brendan had said.

"Sure, I can introduce myself before I go out to train and search for pokemon." Randy said.

Randy turned to look at the girl and boy who had just made a surprising entrance. He focused his attention to both of them.

"Well my name is Randy, and I'm a Pokemon Ranger. Your names are?" He asked directing the question to both of them.

OOC: Brendan my name is Randy not Rayn...xD.

(You are very correct there Randy, I was trying to post and do homework at the same time so I got your name mixed up with Rayn a couple of times :-[. I think I fixed them all, but tell me if you see one. And if the maps are orienterred correctly, Mt. Moon is to the east and the plateau is to the west)

Brendan looked at Randy, he never seen him act like that before. Nevertheless, Randy was right; a pokémon egg is delicate and required great care. In addition, he knew how to make it possible for anyone.

"Nurse Joy, could you possibly let this girl use an egg case. I'm sure she would return it to you or one of your sisters when she's done" Brendan asked,

"No problem, an egg case is the best thing for a trainer to use when he or she travels a lot," Nurse Joy answered cheerfully; she went to a counter behind her and took out a large tube made of glass and reinforced with metal. The inside of it had cushioning on the bottom and an indention for the egg to sit in. She then gave it to Brendan.

"Have a nice day," Nurse Joy said; her typical finishing line, she then went to attend to a trainer at the other side of the counter. Brendan helped the girl up then gave her the case.

"It's a useful device, and you don't need to pay for it. Just remember to return it to a center when the egg hatches." Brendan instructed, unlatching one of the metal bands to show a hinged door. Then Randy headed back, remembering that he forgot to introduce himself.

"Well my name is Randy, and I'm a Pokémon ranger." Randy introduced.

"And I'm Brendan; one might call me an expert battler, but not in the long run." Brendan introduced,

"Your names are?" Randy asked, directing his question at both of them

(I took a look over what we have so far and Randy is also right about your post length victorygurl. A description added to your first post would be a great way to start)

OOC: No wait to the West of Viridian City is the Plateau...theres nothing to the east of Pewter. Well lets just say there is I guess xD.

Randy looked at Brendan and smiled. He sure knew alot about Pokemon, he should become a breeder.

"Haha, Brendan you should become a breeder instead of working for the museum. You sure know alot about caring for eggs, I'll fill an appication for you now." Randy joked.

Randy glanced at the clock. It was already 2 P.M and he awoke at 6 A.M to train. It was already late and he still didn't go to look for Lickitung.

"Woah, sorry guys. I know I didn't get your names but I really need to go. I guess I'll see you around." Randy blurted out.

He sped to the door at about the same pace the girl had ran in and the Growlithe, with Larvitar following closely behind.

"Remember Brendan, the Plateau if your going to look for me." Randy screamed before he turned right and started to run to the open feild, beyond that was the Plateau.

Lickitung were supposidly spotted in swarms around that part on warm days, so he had high hopes of finding one. It was, after all, a nice day in Pewter City for Lickitung to roam.

"My name is Rei Shadows. I had meant to bring one with me but my mother insisted that I hurried and found the lab. I am usually alot more careful with pokemon eggs, but there is something different about this egg I was taking it to lab, but I can't seem to find the lab." Rei said after Brendan had gotten the egg carrier and she gingerly put the egg in it. Rei took Growlithe's pokeball out. "Growlithe return." Growlithe yawned then returned to her ball.

ooc: I meant to write a longer one, but I have a distracting cousin over here who I just got to lay down for a nap. Rei is actually 15

Jack went outside of Pewter City. He was going to do more training. He let out Tyrogue and he started telling them to use attacks. "Use Flamethrower and Mega Kick on that tree!" he shouted to the pokemon. They did that many times before they stopped to rest.

Suddenly, he saw the pokemon ranger from the pokemon center. He had a thought. He jumped up and asked him "Do you want to battle?".

(thanks for the tip victorygurl ;), if, to you that is, simply calling you a girl implies that you are younger than you really are, then I'll change it)

As Rei returned Growlithe to its' pokéball, Brendan was able to get a better look at her now that she was on her two feet. She was probably the same age as Brendan, probably not greatly skilled, but still had enough she could depend on in battle. Brendan looked at the egg again, it looked normal in everyway. Maybe it was something that occurred earlier that might give someone to call it unusual.

"The lab?" Brendan repeated, was it a new feature of the town? Then Brendan remembered a lab being mentioned when Brendan toured the museum a year and a half ago. "Ah, I think I know what you mean, there is a lab connected to the museum at the northern end of town. I'm heading there right now, why don't I show you the way?" Brendan suggested. Then he remembered the boy that was second to slide in. "I still didn't get your name though," Brendan said, turning to the boy with the Pikachu.

(i hope you don't mind me joining in)

Lloyd stared at the distant buildings of pewter city as zangoose looked around for something else to do, he got eaily distracted. Lloyd looked down at the red and white mongoose, back up and started walking, looking back at the forest they had just travelled through maybe once or twice, just to give himself a sense of pride.

'We made it' Lloyd whispered to himself, looking up this time at the towering buildings.

They slowly strided towards the pokemon centre to rest up themselves. well, attempt to anyway, both Lloyd and Zangoose were insomniacs, the slightest sound would keep them awake. after much fidgeting and messing around they did drift off eventually.

Randy heard the girl explain herself and felt slightly releived. He was still a little angry at her being so clumsy(Sp?) but still it warmed him that she was meaning to take a case with her. As Randy turned to leave for the Plateau he saw the trainer who informed him of Lickitung and than stormed. Randy spotted him training. Soon the trainer took a rest near a tree and spotted Randy. The trainer jumped up and ran to him. Larvitar got worried so he hopped down from Randys shoulder and snarled.

"Do you want to battle?" the trainer said almost impatiently.

Randy examined him, top to bottom. He looked like a skilled trainer and thought this was a perfect opportunity for Larvitar. Randy smiled and replied with his casual answer.

"Sure, is 3 on 3 ok?" Randy said with a smirk.

Randy looked at Larvitar who seemed amped. Randy motioned for Larvitar to stand back with his head as he reached down to his belt and grabbed a ball decorated with lightning bolt stickers. Randy pressed the middle button and the ball expanded to about the size of a baseball.

"Ok, you got first attack." Randy announced in the same mysterious tone he used in the forest.

He was still not used to that voice and didn't recognized where it came from. He never sounded like that before. There was such determination, such pride in that voice. With that voice came the overwhelming urge to win.

"Ok, but I need to get my pokemon healed up....Even my energetic Growlithe is almost exhausted."Rei sighed exasperated. Rei went over to Nurse Joy while Brendan spoke to the other boy. "Nurse Joy I was wondering if you could heal my pokemon please"

"OK may I see your pokemon for a mineut?" Nurse Joy asked.

Rei set the egg case on the counter and got out her five pokeballs from her waist and handed them to Nurse Joy. "Here you go."

"Just wait a a few minuets please." Nurse Joy took the pokeballs and went into another room for a minuet or so and came back out. "Here you go." Nurse Joy said kindly with her normal smile handing Rei her pokeballs. "Have a nice day."

"Thank you Nurse Joy." Rei said as she put the pokeballs back on her waist and picked the egg case back up.

Lloyd woke up to the sound of zangoose snoring once again, Lloyd attempted to gag the pokemon before deciding it wasn't worth the effort and they came out into the open pokemon centre where there was what he thought, two trainers, having a conversation, and one talking to nurse Joy for a minute or two.

before he had a chance to realise, zangoose was fiddling with a floorboard he had found. Lloyd laughed but soon he knew zangoose was going to get told off, quickly, he called the pokemon over and along trudged zangoose.

(sorry for autoing your character Beepin, but I can be rather impatient when it comes to forums, I'm hope you won't mind)

"My name is Red" the boy replied, Pikachu then sat on his head and made a bit of a spectacle. Brendan chuckled a bit then saw a boy (or man) with a Zangoose return from the rest area, the Zangoose then started fiddling with a floorboard. Outside, Brendan could make out Randy with the impatient boy from earlier. Brendan guessed that they were catching up with a few things that they missed from earlier, a battle seemed likely. Brendan made a note to watch when he was on his way out. Rei was now healing up her pokémon; Brendan managed to count four or five pokeballs. He then returned to Red.

"I presume you're a local of Pallet Town, am I right?" Brendan asked, "and are you a skilled trainer, or are you just starting out?"

(boy, sorry, i suppose i didn't make it clear, thanks though :) )

Lloyd checked around and his eye caught the two trainers talking outside, he walked over to the window as zangoose wandered off, in the hope of something to happen. the boy had started talking to someone else

'Ohh, i just remembered!' Lloyd called zangoose to his pokeball as he crossed the room to nurse Joy and handed over 4 pokeballs, there was the usual speech she gave to healing as Lloyd took the pokeballs back on his waist. Lloyd turned to the girl who had a big tube in her hand and to nurse joy;

'Is that an egg case?' he asked

'yes, would you like one? its very handy' came the reply from the smiling nurse

'yeah, thanks' Lloyd smiled back, Nurse Joy dissapeared for the moment as Lloyd let out zangoose again, she came back with the case like what the girl had.

'would this be okay?' nurse Joy said

'Perfect' Lloyd said taking the egg case and placing it carefully in his bag.

(I hope you all don't mind me coming)

Shuichi walks by the Pokêmon Center entrance. He lets out his Raichu. Raichu looks around. He saw a boy and girl and Nurse Joy. "Nurse Joy, I need to find the Pewter City Gym what direction I need to go to get to the gym," he asked. Nurse Joy pointed towards the right and said follow the walkway to the other side of the city. "Thanks," he said. He looks at Raichu. "Do you want to rest here buddy?" he asked. "Rai...Rai" Raichu said. Okay, he said and smiled. He grabs the rest of his pokêballs. "Nurse Joy, can you heal my other pokêmon, I had just got out of a huge pokêmon battle,"he said. Nurse Joy took the pokêballs and walked in the pokêmon center and a few seconds later came out again and gives Shuichi back his pokêballs. "Thanks," he said and he turns to the other trainers. "Sorry if I interrupted you," he said.

Lloyd looked at the other trainer: 'Oh no, we had just finished' Lloyd smiled at the other trainer, 'So, you headed to try out the Gym?' he asked glancing down at zangoose who was now playing with raichu. 'haha, they look like they are having fun' Lloyd chuckled.

(hope you didnt mind me autoning raichu for a bit, the post would have been a bit too short otherwise)

(I don't mind :))

"Yeah I was looking for the Gym," he said. He looked at Raichu and Zangoose playing. "They do get along very well," he said and he look at one particular pokéball. "Oh, I forgot my manners," he said, "My name is Shuichi." he said, "I'm a trainer from Cinnabar Island," he said, "I'm going to challenge the gym leader to earn my 3th badge." He looks back at the pokéball. "I'm a mixed pokémon type trainer but I more like a fire type trainer." he told the boy.

(welcome aboard Shuichi! and once again Beepin, I just am a little too speedy with this)

"I don't really have any badges yet, but I have a good collection of pokémon." Red replied

"Cool, maybe I could try battling you at some point" Brendan commented, he then saw the trainer with the Zangoose go and collect an egg case and began talking to another new guy with a Raichu

"That would be interesting," Red answered, Brendan then realized that he was supposed to try to get the job that hour

"Well I'd love to learn a bit more, but I have somewhere I should be at soon." Brendan said then turned to Rei, "Rei, I should probably show you where the lab is since I'm heading over there now"

(There will be a key event coming up and it might interrupt some things such as the battle that is about to occur, PM me for details)

'ah, i see, i'm Lloyd, pleased to meet you!' Lloyd held out his hand in the hope of it being shaken, 'i'm mostly a normal or psychic trainer but i have other pokemon too' Lloyd said 'good luck with the gym too, i heard the leader is really tough'

Zangoose and Raichu seemed to be playing tag, Lloyd chuckled, he enjoyed seeing Zangoose having friends, he doesn't make them much because of him being quite stand off-ish, but not this time.

Randy looked at his PokeGear watch. He noticed it was going to get dark soon and he still didn't go to search for a Lickitung.

"Oh man, Ummm maybe a battle some other time." Randy said.

Randy turned to run to the Plateau to start to search for the wild Lickitung who sometimes appear. Larvitar was running behind him now, trying to keep up with his fast pace. Randy was running full speed now trying his hardest to make it there before dark.

"Sorry, how about a rain check for that battle!" Randy screamed as he ran, without looking back.

He made it to the Plateau before dark and started his search. He heard a rock crumble from a boulder and thought a pokemon was behind it. Him and Larvitar creeped behind the rock to see what it was. Randy spotted a baby Growlithe. The Growlithe seemed scarred as if it were running from something.

"Are you ok?" Randy asked as though it knew what he was saying.

Randy scanned the horizon only to see what the young Growlithe was running from. He saw a stampede of Lickitung running straight for the three of them and they all seemed angry.

"Nice to meet you Lloyd and thanks," he said and he starts to shake Lloyd's hand. He looks at Raichu and smiled because he also enjoys seeing Raichu having friends.

"I'm going to challenge the gym leader tomorrow because it's getting late," he said and he looks back at the same pokéball he was looking at before and sighs.

"Ok." Rei said as she smiled politely "I hope that I don't have to bother you too much." Rei said obviously embarrassed due to the facts she had gotten lost and had been confussed, then put the egg in serious danger. "Oh are you helping out the lab?" Rei had asked though she had the itch to get to the lab so that the egg could be checked more throughly then it could at the lab that was near her home. She couldn't help the fact that she always had to be moving, she had a case of ADHD since she was very young, and many times it had helped her out some in battles.