• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Merry WHITE Christmas!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
^^ It's SNOWING!

Americans/Canadians etc may not find that anything unusual, but here in Northern Ireland - it's rather rare. ^^

Nem reported last night that it didn't look like a White Xmas for him, but maybe it'll be different this morning. ^^

Hope y'all got what you wanted and i'll see you lot laterz.

Merry Xmas All.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No snow this year... But we got frost! ^.^

I just woke up and we haven't opened all the gifts yet, but things seem to be working out for the best ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Booya, it's been snowing all day today. Pressies were good too. Got nearly everything I wanted, starting with The Minish Cap :D:D:D

Other such pressies include:
Sonic Heroes
Pokemon Fire Red
A KITTEN!
Magic stuffs.

I GOT A KITTEN!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I just got Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos. No new computer, no pets, no Photoshop or DS. And no snow, either. :cry: What a rip-off.

Yeah, don't you just hate it when you get two of the year's hottest games? (Actually, I know I'd be disappointed if I got those, too. They do nothing for me.)

-Sing a Mighty Song (CD of my friend's choir from last year)
-Uncle John's Slightly Irregular Bathroom Reader
-Mario Party 6
-socks
-Devotions by Dead People (book)
-food (two jars of jalepeños, a jar each of black and green olives, two jars of hot sauce, chocolate-covered raisins, Skittles, Icy squares, two Caramilks, strawberry wafer cookies, Pot of Gold, Lindt and Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and 20 each of Original and Pepperoni Hot Rods...urp)
-$200 total in cash, and a $50 gift card for ebGames

Stay tuned, my birthday presents come tomorrow and on New Year's!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
QuagsireQing said:
Yeah, don't you just hate it when you get two of the year's hottest games? (Actually, I know I'd be disappointed if I got those, too. They do nothing for me.)

-Sing a Mighty Song (CD of my friend's choir from last year)
-Uncle John's Slightly Irregular Bathroom Reader
-Mario Party 6
-socks
-Devotions by Dead People (book)
-food (two jars of jalepeños, a jar each of black and green olives, two jars of hot sauce, chocolate-covered raisins, Skittles, Icy squares, two Caramilks, strawberry wafer cookies, Pot of Gold, Lindt and Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and 20 each of Original and Pepperoni Hot Rods...urp)
-$200 total in cash, and a $50 gift card for ebGames

Stay tuned, my birthday presents come tomorrow and on New Year's!

Her list beats yours though. :p Mario Party? How could one degrade themselves with such drivel... ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, there's nothing wrong with Mario Party if you have people to play with :p

Not counting presents I got before Christmas day or bought with Christmas money...
The spoils:

- Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
- Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
- The Starwars Trilogy DVD boxset
- Trigun - manga #1
- Random kids movies: 102 Dalmatians, Inspector Gadget, The Rugrats Movie
- A Spongebob muscial waterball (aka. a snow globe)
- A little 61meg MP3 player
- $100, socks, a pair of PJ pants, underwear (From me Grandparents)
- A Dragon megablocks set
- Various Chocolates and treats (stocking stuffers)
- A Treecko keychain

Still waiting for a few late prezzies, too, one of which is sure to be awesome. My friend Keri's family always gives me new anime or video games ^^

... Why does writing stuff like this always make me feel greedy? ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I still havn't gotten my bloody DVD Writer. Damn shops.

Today, however I went out and bought some prezzies.

Donkey Konga
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
128mb Memory Card ^^
and A gamecube game shelf stack... thingy...

Oh, and A school of rock DVD on the cheap.

DVD writer has to wait until the weekend now... damnit...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"QuagsireQing said:
Wow"]

Blame my family members, and the fact that mom always goes overboard with presents. Can't say I can complain, but it does make me feel greedy/spoiled ^^;

This year I spent more on Christmas presents than ever before so it all balances out. I'm glad that my siblings liked their gifts :D

Oh, and lookie here. While we didn't get snow on Christmas we got hit with a mass blizzard yesterday. The world has transformed into a blanket of white! I'm too old with this :p

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I got Donkey Konga and The Minish Cap (no surprises there) and... MOJIB RIBBON! It's the sequel to Vib Ribbon, and it's VERY WEIRD. It also requires that you can read Japanese, as nothing at all is in English. Even the scoring is in kanji numbers(!).

Anyway, I can't read Japanese (keep trying to learn but don't actually have time for lessons), so I had to work out what to do with the aid of a translation FAQ... but it turns out to be another rhythm action game of the very-simple-yet-challenging school (hooray!). You use the right analogue stick to write text on the screen as the character "raps" it.

Very simple. Very addictive. So pretty.

I gave some super-cool presents as well. Richard got 3 t-shirts which said on them: "Losing faith in humanity - one person at a time", "Classically trained" with a picture of a SNES on it, and Happiness is a warm ewok. Tim & Peter got a Hello Kitty haiku book, cuddly moose and baaaaaaby animals calendar. And most of our relatives got excessively nice chocolate plus a donation to charity made on their behalf (I bought a few acres of rainforest, some trees to be planted in London, and chickens for African villages).