1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Memories of Johto

Discussion in 'Pokémon Role Play Discussion' started by SharpShotInteleon, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:02 AM.

1. A place for characters for the Memories of Johto roleplay to be discussed.
    My character:

Name: Oceania
    Hair Colour: Ocean Blue
    Eye Colour: Icy Blue
    Pokémon: Golduck, Feraligatr, Blastoise, Octillery, Gyarados (From Lake of Rage), Kingdra
    Home: New Bark Town
    Backstory: Growing up near the water, Oceania grew to love it. Knowing just how strong the water could be, he strived to show the rest of the world the sheer power of water Pokémon.
    Battle Style: He is a dedicated trainer, never ready to throw in the towel, yet knows when to be offensive or defensive, often switching between devastating blows and recovery/defence to make sure his Pokémon can take hits as well as deal them out.

#1 SharpShotInteleon, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:02 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM
  2. Name: Pyroshu "Pyros" Rastrixen Darastrix
    Title(s): The Fiery Dragon Expert
    Height: 5'02" (157.4 cm)
    Hair Color: Flaming red hair that waves upwards with royal blue roots.
    Build: Pretty muscular.
    Eye color: Royal blue with red specks
    Birthplace: Cocona Village, Oblivia; currently lives at the Darastrix Ranch north of Mt. Moon.
    First Pokémon: Charmander (Now a Charizard)
    Affiliations: N/A
    Likes: He likes his Pokemon, working out, being friendly and being with outgoing people, and winning.
    Dislikes: He dislikes big words and unjust actions.
    Fears: She fears losing his Pokemon and his family, as well as being a failure.
    Clothing/Accessories/Appearance: His usual‌ ‌attire‌ ‌consists of a royal blue tank top, a flaming red jacket, black jeans, black combat boots, and a dragon motif backpack.‌ ‌He has a red trainer belt and has a PokeGear clipped to his belt. He ‌also‌ ‌has‌ ‌a‌ ‌twine‌ ‌made‌ ‌into‌ ‌a‌ ‌necklace that reaches to his collarbone dip with‌ ‌the‌ ‌charms‌ Charcoal and Dragon Claw.
    Badges: All badges from Kanto.
    Achievements: N/A

Personality: He has a quick-temper, especially when he sees something unjust happening in front of him. He does have a slightly enlarged ego due to insecurities of not being strong enough, which can be his downfall. When he loses a battle, it weakens his spirit. When he loses an important battle, he gets put in a depressive haze and he doesn't want to fight. Nothing will make him feel better except for giving him time to find himself and his battle spirit again. He is brotherly to those he cares about, and very playful at times. He can make friends quickly with his outgoing nature and is quite the goofball. He is also loyal, until it conflicts with his just morals. When battling, he can be quite reckless, but after the trial with his father, he has tried to find some strategies that work with him and his Pokémon, but he struggles. He can also be extremely stubborn, territorial, protective, and impulsive. He's also quite simple and finds violence and power the easiest answers to some questions.

Battle Style: He's not cunning in battle, but will try his best. He's mostly about raw power and prowess than getting around a Pokémon's defenses. His motto is "They can't defend if I break their defenses."

Background:
    He‌ ‌was‌ ‌born‌ ‌in‌ ‌Cocona‌ ‌Village,‌ ‌Oblivia,‌ ‌along‌ ‌with‌ ‌his two ‌brothers‌ ‌and his sister after him.‌ ‌He ‌is‌ ‌the‌ ‌oldest in his family ‌in‌ ‌her‌ ‌family‌. During‌ ‌this‌ ‌time,‌ ‌Pyros’s‌ ‌father’s‌ ‌Charizard ‌also‌ ‌gave‌ ‌birth‌ ‌to‌ Zarda, ‌and‌ ‌she‌ ‌was‌ ‌born‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌same‌ ‌time‌ ‌as‌ ‌Pyros's‌ ‌birth.‌ ‌Pyros and Zarda became‌ ‌quick‌ ‌friends,‌ ‌as‌ ‌they‌ ‌were‌ ‌destined‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌together.‌

His ‌parent’s‌ ‌traveling‌ ‌ways‌ ‌stopped‌ ‌once‌ ‌they‌ ‌had‌ ‌their‌ ‌seventh‌ ‌child‌ ‌and‌ ‌they‌ ‌headed‌ ‌back‌ ‌to‌ ‌their‌ ‌ranch‌ ‌north‌ ‌of‌ ‌Mt.‌ ‌Moon,‌ ‌dubbed‌ ‌the‌ ‌Darastrix‌ ‌Ranch.‌ ‌Living‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌borders‌ ‌of‌ ‌Kanto,‌ ‌they‌ ‌made‌ ‌their‌ ‌living‌ ‌selling‌ ‌Moomoo‌ ‌Milk,‌ ‌raising‌ ‌Pokémon‌ ‌for‌ ‌others,‌ ‌healing‌ ‌them‌ ‌when‌ ‌it’s‌ ‌needed,‌ ‌selling‌ ‌herbs‌ ‌and‌ ‌herbal‌ ‌remedies‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌populace,‌ ‌as‌ ‌well‌ ‌as‌ ‌sharing‌ ‌ideas‌ ‌with‌ ‌big-name‌ ‌companies,‌ ‌as‌ ‌his ‌father‌ ‌was‌ ‌an‌ ‌inventor‌ ‌and‌ ‌helped‌ ‌to‌ ‌create‌ ‌the‌ ‌modern‌ ‌PokeBall.‌ ‌Since‌ ‌his ‌mother,‌ ‌Lyria,‌ ‌was‌ ‌a‌ ‌retired‌ ‌teacher,‌ ‌she‌ ‌was‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌qualified‌ ‌to‌ ‌teach‌ ‌her‌ ‌seven‌ ‌children‌ ‌about‌ ‌Pokémon‌ ‌at‌ ‌a‌ ‌young‌ ‌age.‌ ‌Starting‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌age‌ ‌of‌ ‌5,‌ ‌they‌ ‌began‌ ‌to‌ ‌have‌ ‌homework,‌ ‌responsibilities‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌ranch,‌ ‌and‌ ‌learned‌ ‌all‌ ‌they‌ ‌could‌ ‌about‌ ‌the‌ ‌world‌ ‌around‌ ‌them‌ ‌and‌ ‌what‌ ‌creatures‌ ‌lived‌ ‌in‌ ‌it.‌

When‌ ‌Pyros,‌ ‌Miel,‌ ‌Stror,‌ ‌and‌ ‌Shade‌ ‌hit‌ ‌11,‌ ‌they‌ ‌were‌ ‌sent‌ ‌off‌ ‌to‌ ‌make‌ ‌friends‌ ‌and‌ ‌possibly‌ ‌learn‌ ‌anymore‌ ‌that‌ ‌Lyria‌ ‌might‌ ‌have‌ ‌missed.‌ ‌They‌ ‌were‌ ‌sent‌ ‌to‌ ‌a‌ ‌public‌ ‌school‌ ‌in‌ ‌Kanto,‌ ‌which‌ ‌they‌ ‌excelled‌ ‌at‌ ‌academically.‌ ‌They‌ ‌graduated‌ ‌early‌ ‌and‌ ‌had‌ ‌ample‌ ‌time‌ ‌to‌ ‌explore‌ ‌the‌ ‌Region‌ ‌they‌ ‌were‌ ‌in‌ ‌before‌ ‌they‌ ‌returned‌ ‌home…‌ ‌Only‌ ‌to‌ ‌go‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌next‌ ‌school.‌ ‌They‌ ‌went‌ ‌to‌ ‌a‌ ‌public‌ ‌school‌ ‌in‌ ‌Johto‌ ‌when‌ ‌they‌ ‌were‌ ‌12,‌ ‌and they excelled at that, as well. Now, Pyros is traveling around the Johto region and to quickly get through the Gym Challenge, so he can get to the next school when he hits 13.

Name: Zarda
    Species: Charizard
    Personality: She is quite motherly to all creatures she sees that are smaller than her, and loves to take care of them, Pokemon and humans alike. She is very protective of her companion and the Pokemon on his team, as well as his family, so she'll make sure nothing bad happens to them.
    Ability: Blaze - When this Pokemon is tired or severely injured, its Fire-Type moves get powered up.
    Held Item: Saddle w/ Charcoal - Allows easier rides on Zarda. Charcoal also adds more power to her Fire-Type attacks.
    Brief History: Zarda was born at the same time as Pyros, making her his birth Pokemon. She has been with him through the Kanto region, and had evolved sometime during his adventure in Kanto after he completed his grade early.

Other Pokemon:
    At Home: Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Exeggcute (traded from Alola), Cubone (traded from Alola), Seadra, Flareon, Dragonite
    Checklist to Catch: Cyndaquil, Mareep, Slugma, Houndour, Magby

#2 Merciless Medic, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:08 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    VoltTheUmbreon and EmoKitty21 like this.
  3. Much more fleshed out than my character lol

EmoKitty21 and Merciless Medic like this.
  4. Hey, thought this looks cool and that I should bring my number of currently involved RPs up to an even ten eight, I meant eight... XD. I don’t have time to post a bio now but I will within the next 48 hours.

#4 Night's Shadow, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:21 AM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 5:39 AM
  5. I added in the personality (for some reason it didn't save). I'll also add in all the other personalities of the other Pokemon he has later.

EmoKitty21 and SharpShotInteleon like this.
  6. Name: Emburn (yes, that’s it)
    Reigon: Galar
    Badges: All from Hoenn
    Elite Four: Sidney
    Likes: Bonding with pokemon, jumping for no reason, battling.
    Dislikes: Evil teams, people and pokemon getting hurt
    First pokemon: Torchic, now Blaziken
    Appearance: White shirt with red line on it, Pokemon Emerald headband, green and black shorts on top of black pants. Sort of skinny, making him a little weak. Brown hair.
    Personality: Out-going, talkative, silly, a little shy at first, especially around adults.
    Backstory: Born and raised in Galar, his father got a job in Hoenn. He moved there with his parents, and also got his starter Torchic, nicknamed Tor at the time. His Father gave him a Rookidee, and Embern head out on his pokemon adventure. He caught a Budew early on, fished up a Magikarp, caught a few more later on. He struggled to beat Sidney and progressed, but lost to Pheobe. He went home and back to Galar when his father changed jobs.

Team: Blaziken, Corviknight, Roserade, Magnezone, Gyarados, Umbreon
    In box: Graveler, Nidorino.

#6 VoltTheUmbreon, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:46 AM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 7:39 PM
  7. Name: Jessie Thornheart
    Physical Appearance: Jessie is a very small girl for her age. Though that does mean she is weak, as she has a toned build. Her skin tans very well. Her hair comes to her shoulder in soft waves. She will sometimes pull her up into half updo. The color of her hair is a very light blond color, with slightly darker roots. Her eyes are very bright green that go well with her skin tone.
    Clothing: For clothing she wears very comfortable clothing. Her main outfit consists of a black tank top, dark olive green skinny jeans, and a pair of black hiking boots. She tends to wear a dark green flannel around her waist when it is hot, and when it is cold he wears it with a leather jacket.
    Other:

Pokémon-
    Species: Growlithe
    Nickname:
    Appearance: He wears a dark green bandana around his neck.

Species: Drakloak
    Nickname: Spirit
    Appearance: She is taking care of a small Dreepy that is with her.

Species: Flaireon
    Nickname: Blaze
    Appearance: She wears a bow on her right ear. The bow is a dark red color.

8. Name: X (short for Axel)
    Sexuality: Straight
    Height: 4’11 1/2 (that half makes a big difference XD)
    Region: Alola
    Badges: All from Alola (stamps)
    Build: Lean, but has hidden strength.
    Hair: Shaved on one side, shoulder length the other, black with a bloodred streak
    Eyes: One deep blue, the other silver, large scar runs through left one and is joined by another when it reaches her hairline (shaved side)
    Birthplace: Poni Island
    Dislikes: Idiots, chocolate, and Pokémon meat.
    First Pokémon: Misdreavus, now Mismagius, nicknamed Paradox
    Personality: Dark and withdrawn, X is no stranger to the evils of the world. But she tries her best to see the best in people. Overall, very practical, logical, and tactical; hopes for the best, plans for the worst, and expects the idealistic.
    Attire: Black leather jacket over a black shirt with black jeans. A black belt with silver accents. Black, black, and more black. Somewhat of a Goth.
    Background: Abandoned by her parents, X was raised in an orphanage. She ran away when she was seven with Paradox, then a Misdreavus. She found her passion for battling at age eight, and started her journey then, training for a year then procuring all the Alolan badges in a few short months.

Team: Paradox (Mismagius, female), Harpy (Mandibuzz, female), Hades (Crobat, male), Cerberus (Houndoom, male)

(Apparently she also has a hidden love of Greek mythology, I just realized that three of the four nicknames are from Greek mythology Xd)

#8 Night's Shadow, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:41 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 11:57 PM
    Merciless Medic and EmoKitty21 like this.
  9. I would like to mention that Alola doesn't have badges, but stamps.

EmoKitty21 and Night's Shadow like this.
  10. Thanks Medic, I’ll add that piece of info

11. Night's Shadow and EmoKitty21 like this.
  12. @SharpShotInteleon

I think you have mistaken when EmoKitty21 said. He said his character had a Growlithe out of their PokeBall and was running around and having fun. The Growlithe then ran back behind EmoKitty21's character before EmoKitty21's character decided to battle yours. Then your character smashed a tree to impede them from progressing through Rouge 29 or to stop the fight or whatever. EmoKitty21's Pokemon had left their PokeBall to fight. I don't know how there is a continuity error when EmoKitty's Pokemon were stated to leave their confines.

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  13. You appear to have misunderstood. Emokitty21 wrote that her pokemon attacked mine, and when they attacked, my pokemon were inside their pokeballs, hence why I wrote that

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  14. Plus, you didn't tell him that you had edited your post. I only noticed because I tend to back read things.

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  15. Whilst edited, the part of the comment that stated that they returned to the ball had stayed since the original writing.

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  16. I don't ever remember your post saying that they had returned to their PokeBalls. I have RPed with EmoKitty thousands of times. He wouldn't make such a simple mistake like that. You let people know so that they can make the appropriate changes. Now you got two characters on your character's ass because of his rude behavior. You completely disregarded what EmoKitty's quirk of "not usually wanting to fight over something like that" to "now he's seen as the aggressor"

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  17. Um... are we supposed to make Professor Elm appear or will you be doing that?

Actually, I lost interest. This whole thing is confusing. I'll write my character out.

EmoKitty21 likes this.
  18. Fair enough, probably gonna close the whole thing down anyway. Adios!

Merciless Medic likes this.
  19. Notice:
    Due to story confusion, I am considering closing down the RP. however, I will leave it up to democracy.
    Please reply: 'Close' or 'Open'