• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Meltan's Evolved Form Officially Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Melmetal_Battle.jpg
A brand new trailer has been released today and revealed Meltan's evolved form, as well as how to evolve it. You can check out the trailer below:

The new trailer shows off Meltan's evolved form, Melmetal who is a steel type Pokémon. The press release also revealed that Meltan can only be evolved in Pokémon GO and requires you to have 400 Meltan candy. So trainers wishing to train a Meltan in Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! or Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! won't be able to evolve it in game, they'd have to first evolve it into Melmetal in Pokémon GO and then trade that across.

PR-art_Melmetal_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Details of the Pokémon are as follows:

Name: Melmetal
Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
Height: 2.5m / 8’02”
Weight: 1,763.7 lbs.
Type: [type=steel][/type]

Melmetal was worshiped in ancient times as a Pokémon with the power to create metal. Because of its Evolution from Meltan, its body has hardened and is now incredibly sturdy.

Melmetal is made of liquid metal, and its flexible arms can be whipped forward to deliver a devastating punch. It can also execute a powerful, unique Steel-type physical move known as Double Iron Bash. By using the hex nut in its chest like an axle to spin its arms around, Melmetal can deal a double strike to its opponent. The weight of the heavy hex nuts on its arms combined with the spinning motion gives the Double Iron Bash move extraordinary power.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I just saw the trailer...

And OMG I love how they did it! It’s so funny and they have personality too!

Didn’t think Professor Willow could get any hotter. Then he said words... :love: XD

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Nooo cute lil' Meltan's all weird - looking now! Well, it looks pretty cool, but no longer adorable... UGH I'm so torn - up over it all! Also, it's pretty weird to see an evolved Mythical Pokemon.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
I'm gonna start getting back into PoGo, just gotta dig through the endless expanse of games I never use...
Now I want a Switch, I wish I was a kid again so my parents would buy me one...
Although I like the idea of cool Pokemon, this just looks like a Regi that got scrapped, and replaced by Ditto, Regirock, and Registeel. Poke-Fusion in a nutshell, great going, Pokemon Company! Great going, more abominations...