• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Slowbro

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mega_Slowbro.png

Mega Slowbro
[type=water][/type]/[type=psychic][/type]
View attachment 25031
Japanese Name: MegaYadoran
Height: 2.0m / 6'07"
Weight: 120.0kg / 264.6 lbs.
Classification: Hermit Crab Pokémon

View attachment 25028
Ability: Shell Armor

View attachment 25029
Revealed: Mega Slowbro was accidentally revealed alongside Mega Audino by the official Korean website on the 12th of August 2014. It was later confirmed at the Pokémon World Championships on August 16th by Junichi Masuda.

Additional Info: Energy was focused in the Shellder biting Slowbro's tail, resulting in the shell becoming an immensely hard suit of armour that cannot be damaged. When a battle begins Mega Slowbro uses its tail to stand up straight and it propels itself like a spring.

View attachment 25033
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 180
Sp. Attack: 130
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 30

View attachment 57203
144384_Dream_Slowbronite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Slowbronite
OR/AS:
Shoal Cave in exchange for 4 Shoal Salts and 4 Shoal Shells.

View attachment 25030
Mega-Evolves from Slowbro.

View attachment 57204
View attachment 110781
slowbro_01.jpg
slowbro_02.jpg
slowbro_03.jpg
slowbro_04_en.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a lot of complaints about its lazy design, but I think it suits one of the slowest Pokemon. I wonder though if it's gonna get some weird speed boost or go even slower. If it's the latter, coupling Trick Room with its possible offense boosts is gonna be killer~

That look of regret it has is also priceless.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I rather like this fellow. I can imagine it and Hitmontop having spinning competitions :D

I'm still not sure what to think of Mega Slowbro in general, but one thing I do like about it design-wise is that Game Freak managed to give the same charm of simplicity they did with most of the G1 pokémon (plus, it's kind of funny to see Slowbro's face like that rather than it's usual huge smile) :p

Last edited:
They honestly could have done way better with this mega evolution. GameFreak has already done a lot of awesome ones so they do have the potential to make epic Mega Evoultions!

I agree, they could have made slow bros tail like a giant hammer or made the tail a cloyster instead of a shellder. that would have been boss I'll try and get a picture posted of my idea.

obey_jaidon

Formerly MLEevee
Dang....I thought Megas were supposed to look awesome....When I heard this guy was getting a Mega, because it's not really strong, I was excited to see what they had in store for us....Unfortunately, I was wrong @.@

View attachment 113008
Mega Slowbro
[type=water][/type]/[type=psychic][/type]
View attachment 25031
Japanese Name: MegaYadoran
Height: 2.0m / 6'07"
Weight: 120.0kg / 264.6 lbs.
Classification: Hermit Crab Pokémon

View attachment 25028
Ability: Shell Armor

View attachment 25029
Revealed: Mega Slowbro was accidentally revealed alongside Mega Audino by the official Korean website on the 12th of August 2014. It was later confirmed at the Pokémon World Championships on August 16th by Junichi Masuda.

Additional Info: Energy was focused in the Shellder biting Slowbro's tail, resulting in the shell becoming an immensely hard suit of armour that cannot be damaged. When a battle begins Mega Slowbro uses its tail to stand up straight and it propels itself like a spring.

View attachment 25033
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 180
Sp. Attack: 130
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 30

View attachment 57203
144384_Dream_Slowbronite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Slowbronite
OR/AS:
Shoal Cave in exchange for 4 Shoal Salts and 4 Shoal Shells.

View attachment 25030
Mega-Evolves from Slowbro.

View attachment 57204
View attachment 110781
Mega Slobro looks wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at this thing, and the first sentence that flashes through my mind is "Who wants to play Spin the Brottle?!"

How was my mind corrupted so? What sort of depraved mind comes up with such absolute abominations?

...Oh yes, that's right. I momentarily forgot about the Internet. My bad. :p