1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

OR/AS Mega Slowbro

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Magpie, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Mega_Slowbro.png
    Mega Slowbro
    Water / Psychic
    View attachment 25031
    Japanese Name: MegaYadoran
    Height: 2.0m / 6'07"
    Weight: 120.0kg / 264.6 lbs.
    Classification: Hermit Crab Pokémon

View attachment 25028
    Ability: Shell Armor

View attachment 25029
    Revealed: Mega Slowbro was accidentally revealed alongside Mega Audino by the official Korean website on the 12th of August 2014. It was later confirmed at the Pokémon World Championships on August 16th by Junichi Masuda.

Additional Info: Energy was focused in the Shellder biting Slowbro's tail, resulting in the shell becoming an immensely hard suit of armour that cannot be damaged. When a battle begins Mega Slowbro uses its tail to stand up straight and it propels itself like a spring.

View attachment 25033
    HP: 95
    Attack: 75
    Defense: 180
    Sp. Attack: 130
    Sp. Defense: 80
    Speed: 30

View attachment 57203
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone: Slowbronite
    OR/AS:
    Shoal Cave in exchange for 4 Shoal Salts and 4 Shoal Shells.

View attachment 25030
    Mega-Evolves from Slowbro.

View attachment 57204
    View attachment 110781
    slowbro_01.jpg slowbro_02.jpg slowbro_03.jpg slowbro_04_en.jpg

#1 Magpie, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    Excalibur Queen likes this.
  2. I've seen a lot of complaints about its lazy design, but I think it suits one of the slowest Pokemon. I wonder though if it's gonna get some weird speed boost or go even slower. If it's the latter, coupling Trick Room with its possible offense boosts is gonna be killer~

That look of regret it has is also priceless.

3. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

I rather like this fellow. I can imagine it and Hitmontop having spinning competitions :D

4. I'm still not sure what to think of Mega Slowbro in general, but one thing I do like about it design-wise is that Game Freak managed to give the same charm of simplicity they did with most of the G1 pokémon (plus, it's kind of funny to see Slowbro's face like that rather than it's usual huge smile) :p

#4 Mr.Munchlax, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  5. his design is ok and im still going to use it possibly but how is his height and weight known

6. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

They are on the official site :) We got them from the Korean leak originally, though.

7. This is quite possibly the derpiest yet cutest thing I have ever seen. <.>

8. I agree, they could have made slow bros tail like a giant hammer or made the tail a cloyster instead of a shellder. that would have been boss I'll try and get a picture posted of my idea.

9. And don't forget about Baltoy and Pupitar

10. mega slowbro looks crap!! it doesn't look like a mega evolution!! does it??

11. obey_jaidon

obey_jaidon Formerly MLEevee

Dang....I thought Megas were supposed to look awesome....When I heard this guy was getting a Mega, because it's not really strong, I was excited to see what they had in store for us....Unfortunately, I was wrong @.@

12. yah, i have to say it's my least favorite mega, although it is pretty good in pokemon shuffle.

13. It's The perfect Bayblade Pokemon

14. Mega Slobro looks wrong

#15 Wasteland Wanderer, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  15. "They See Me Spinning, They Hatin"
    Hitmontop and Mega Slowbro are "Bro's" for life
    Puns EVERYWHERE!

16. I look at this thing, and the first sentence that flashes through my mind is "Who wants to play Spin the Brottle?!"

How was my mind corrupted so? What sort of depraved mind comes up with such absolute abominations?

...Oh yes, that's right. I momentarily forgot about the Internet. My bad. :p

Excalibur Queen and Pika7771 like this.
  17. Slowpoke-Free.
    Slowbro-Help, its biting my tail!
    Mega Slowbro-Never mind. It ate me.

18. Heh,looks quite the smallest mega evolution