• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Salamence

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mega_Salamence-x550.png

Mega Salamence
[type=dragon][/type]/[type=flying][/type]
View attachment 25031
Japanese Name: MegaBohmander
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 248.2 lbs.
Classification: Dragon Pokémon

View attachment 25028
Ability: Aerilate

View attachment 25029
Revealed: Mega Salamence was revealed by the Coro Coro leaks on the 8th of August 2014. It was later revealed internationally on August 10th via the Pokémon Company's Youtube channel and Pokémon.com.

Additional Info: It's said that "the energy from Salamence's Mega Evolution is focused on its wings. Its two wings fuse together, becoming a single huge wing in a crescent shape. When flying at high speeds, this wing becomes a great blade, slicing through anything loitering in Mega Salamence's way."

View attachment 25033
Mega Salamence receives a soaring boost to its Defense stat, and lesser boosts to all other stats with the exception of HP.

HP: 95
Attack: 145
Defense: 130
Sp. Attack: 120
Sp. Defense: 90
Speed: 120

View attachment 57203
144381_Dream_Salamencite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Salamencite
OR/AS: Meteor Falls, given by Zinnia's grandmother following the Delta Episode.

View attachment 25030
Mega-Evolves from Salamence.

View attachment 57204
29443_20482_screenshots.png

aug_p20_01_jtn.jpg
aug_p20_02_kgg.jpg
aug_p20_03_bzs.jpg
aug_p20_04_fdh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I want one so I can call it Discus, that streamline design is so nifty! Although, since Salamence and Altaria now have Mega Evolutions I really hope they don't miss out Flygon :/

My favorite thing about this tjing is tbat Bagon wanted to fly so badly, it evolves into an actual airplane. The way it tucks its arms into its armored lederhosen also makes it look like a jetpack.

Dang, Salamence was already ridiculous, but those Aerilate Returns are gonna hurt, especially when coupled with a couple of Dragon Dances.

i hope his power makes up for his bad design. he looks ridiculous in my opinion and looks like hes more of an interstellar surfboard (or skateboard) than a salamence

talk about a dramatic entrance i mean imagine this. one day you are walking in a meadow and all of a sudden a big shadow casts over long enough for you to see the shadow but fast enough so that you can't see the beast. you hear a roar. then the giant shadow casts over you again. you take a look and it is a Mega-Salamence! it roars again and then takes off disappearing in the clouds

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I've said it before in another thread but, seriously, if people out there still think Druddigon looks silly they haven't seen enough of this guy.

As the first OR/AS Mega I've properly tried out though and given close analysis to, I think this guy is a shoe-in for strongest non-legendary Mega in the game so far. The thing can tank Ice Beams and Ice Punches to a shocking degree if trained the right way and it's still wrecking face with Aerilate Return/Frustration in the process, losing no damage output for training bulk. Add 120 Speed to that for those wanting to run the glass cannon route and it's pretty safe to say that besides the appearance, Salamence got everything it could have possibly hoped for in a Mega Evolution. Game Freak couldn't have given him better if they tried.

heh i just noticed that mega salamences front legs (yes it has them) seem to be holding on to the white thing like its a strap and that "strap" is connected to its wings so it must be a hang gliding Dragon!

My favorite thing about this tjing is tbat Bagon wanted to fly so badly, it evolves into an actual airplane. The way it tucks its arms into its armored lederhosen also makes it look like a jetpack.

Dang, Salamence was already ridiculous, but those Aerilate Returns are gonna hurt, especially when coupled with a couple of Dragon Dances.
No Bagon took too many flyinh lessons and ate a airplane