• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Sableye

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
mega-sableye-ken-sugimori.png

Mega Sableye
[type=ghost][/type]/[type=dark][/type]
29467_20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaYamirami
Height: 1'08"
Weight: 354.9lbs
Classification: Darkness Pokemon

29464_20471_abilities.png

Ability: Magic Bounce

29465_20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Sableye was revealed at the Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 on the 11th of June in Los Angeles.

Additional Info: It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel it can really exploit the opponent's weaknesses.

29469_20483_stats.png

HP: 50
Attack: 85
Defense: 125
Sp. Attack: 85
Sp. Defense: 115
Speed: 20

62277_20479_locations.png

144380_Dream_Sablenite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone: Sablenite
OR/AS: Sootopolis City.

29466_20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Sableye.

62276_20472_artwork.png

29468_20482_screenshots.png

EN_V4_P01_01.jpg
EN_V4_P01_02.jpg
EN_V4_P01_03.jpg
EN_V4_P01_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Awesome Sableye itself doesn't look changed but I love how a giant gem grows and he holds it, and his ruby eyes! :love: im going to shiny hunt for a sableye now XP!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I adore the giant jewel. I think it's pretty clever, although I'm already having mental images of Sableye sat in a corner chewing on it with a massive grin (due to the 'Dex entry for Sableye stating it eats jewels). Can't wait to find out what its ability will be :D

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Oh my gosh I can't describe how excited I am for Mega Sableye. I've been wanting a Mega form for him since Mega Mawile was revealed. ^-^ It's definitely better than I expected.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If MegaSableye doesn't keep Prankster it'll be pretty disappointing.

Unless of course it gets Wonder Guard so that only Fairy-types can hurt it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sableye's ability got revealed today along with a couple of stats, it has Magic Bounce. Pretty nifty, although Prankster was such a good ability. Could maybe work well though if the player took advantage of Prankster on the first turn, then Mega Evolved to prevent certain incoming moves, such as Taunt.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh lovely. It gets even slower for a physical defense and special attack boost. And it loses prankster for Magic Bounce.

I suppose that depends on just how much they raise its stats it could be some kind of a physical wall, maybe? Shame it would get its ass handed to it thoroughly by fairies, most of which are special with the exception of Azufuckface and Mawile. Not to mention the rather underwhelming design which is little more than a colorswap and giving it a giant ass jewel to hide behind.

Oh well.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Massive Defense and Sp.Atk + Magic Bounce + Calm Mind & Recover = You die to Rupees.

I take back what I said about it possibly losing Prankster, because this is absolutely amazing. Between this guy, Mega Sceptile and the two Primal legendaries I can't wait for OR/AS.

I find it very fitting how it has a giant gem it uses, and I like how it didn't change too much. I mean it has them as eyes and has them on it's body.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Especially "Ferret".

Yeah, with what KoL says, I can definitely see potential. But it'll probably still die sideways to special Fairies, alas. XD

i loved sableye and i still love it and it could probaly use the gem to attack also have a attack with the gem:love::angel::D:up:

love u pokemon for having so epic looking creatures!

wait...did anyone see the yellow teeth? i think it needs to go to the dentist but i still love it

I adore the giant jewel. I think it's pretty clever, although I'm already having mental images of Sableye sat in a corner chewing on it with a massive grin (due to the 'Dex entry for Sableye stating it eats jewels). Can't wait to find out what its ability will be :D

I bet this jewel hoarder is pretty happy now. I wonder how much that gem would cost at the poke-mart.