• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Mewtwo Y

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
150Mewtwo_Mega_Y_Dream.png

Mega Mewtwo Y
[type=psychic][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaMewtwo Y
Height: 1.5m / 4' 11''
Weight: 33.0kg / 72.8 lbs.
Classification: Genetic Pokémon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Insomnia

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon was revealed on the 7th of April, 2013 during a Pokémon Smash show in Japan, and shortly after on the official Pokémon website. The April 2013 CoroCoro leaks confirmed the Pokémon to be a new form of Mewtwo as the original announcement didn't give anything away.
Additional Info: Its streamlined body always appears to be floating in the air. Mewtwo's Mega Evolution is dependent on which version of the game you own: Mega Mewtwo X for Pokemon X and Mega Mewtwo Y for Pokemon Y.

20483_stats.png

Mega Mewtwo Y's most notable stat boosts are to its Attack and Sp. Attack, but it also receives increases to its Sp. Defense and Speed stats. However, Mewtwo's Defense stat actually decreases slightly upon Mega evolving to its Y form.

HP: 106
Attack: 150
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 194
Sp. Defense: 120
Speed: 140

20479_locations.png

58306_Dream_Mewtwonite_Y_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Mewtwonite Y
X/Y: Pokémon Village's Unknown Dungeon. Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
OR/AS: Pokémon League (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Mewtwo.

20472_artwork.png

new_pokemon_72dpi.png

20482_screenshots.png

standing_pose_-_torso.jpg
standing_pose_-_full_body.jpg
move_d.jpg
move_c.jpg
move_b.jpg
mega_mewtwo_screenshot_4_bm.png

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: #??? - [Unnamed Mewtwo Relation]

We've got some footage of this Pokémon in a Youtube video - it's in the trailers page in this Cryptidex and also linked here:

Last edited:

All I can say is, the moves in that video that this unnamed Mewtwo relation used appeared to be:

1st Move: Psyshock
2nd Move: Energy Ball
3rd Move: Shadow Ball
4th Move: Blizzard
5th Move: Psycho Cut
6th Move: Draco Meteor?

As you can tell, I had a hard time guessing what the last move was, so that is my best guess, the others I'm pretty sure of.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I feel indifferent to this so far. I don't mind it but I don't like it either. I think my decision to like it or dislike it will be made purely on the basis of exactly how it and Mewtwo are related. And once I get past the fact that it totally is Majin Buu come to invade the Pokemon universe.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Mythology-wise I'm not yet sure how I feel about this guy. I've always been glad that the creators hadn't done more with Mew & Mewtwo's history because doing so would take away from Mewtwo's importance & uniqueness, but now we have this. I guess it was only a matter of time. Even after this thing grows on me I'll likely always view it as the fan artist/fanfic Pokemon. So many people have created and written their own stories about "Mewthree", if not Mewfour, Mewfive, Mewsix, etc. that it's hard to take any of this seriously. XD All we can hope is that GameFreak creates a fun backstory for it.

Design-wise it's not bad, but it has a bit of a stereotypical "alien" feel to it. I'm also wondering which poor Mewtwo clone had its tail cut off and attached to this guy's head. Cannot unsee. ;p

In the end I just hope that the Pokemon Company isn't being silly with wording and calling this a "new Pokemon" when it's actually just a new form like Black/White Kyurem were. :p It wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Most likely that's exactly what they're doing. Seeing how the upcoming movie seems to be dropping a lot of hints that this thing IS Mewtwo as opposed to something... related. The name (Mewtwo's Awakening), the vague statement about how "You haven't seen the REAL Mewtwo yet..." in the trailer...

But even if it is a new creature as opposed to a forme, I think I'm still going to think of it as Mewtwo Suitcase Forme forever.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
The name (Mewtwo's Awakening), the vague statement about how "You haven't seen the REAL Mewtwo yet..." in the trailer...

Yeaah, Dem mentioned that too. Kinda makes me wonder if this is just some new mutation of Mewtwo's. Adding to that, apparently the person who originally leaked the first images described this as a "form" as opposed to a new Pokemon.

I suspect that the only reason why they haven't revealed this thing's name yet is due to its role in the movie.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Incidentally, apparently the leaked poster that tipped us off to the existence of Suitcase Mewtwo to begin with refers to the abomination in question as Eclair Forme - Presumably referring to the French word for 'lightning' (as if this region wasn't French enough without Mewtwo going OH HOH HOH on our asses).

The implications are still hilarious. Psychic pastry with a creamy filling. MEWTWO TWINKIE FORME. He is an excellent Hostess.

Incidentally, apparently the leaked poster that tipped us off to the existence of Suitcase Mewtwo to begin with refers to the abomination in question as Eclair Forme - Presumably referring to the French word for 'lightning'
This would probably mean that this Pokémon would be weaker and faster than Mewtwo itself, sort of like Toon Link to Link in SSBB.

Incidentally, if this Pokémon turned out to be a legendary Psychic-type (which seems pretty likely at this stage), then 14 of the known 50 legendaries would have that type, 5 of them pure, which seems a little unbalanced.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Picked up the press pack today. I've updated the main entry with the screenshots and art it contained. Unfortunately, there was precisely fuck all else included, so we've got no new information except that Nintendo are trolling us - here's a press release:

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y launches worldwide in October. Today, the mysteries of the newest Pokémon titles continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar to Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo!

This new Pokémon shares many traits with Mewtwo and its suspected that the newly discovered Pokémon has a connection with Mewtwo —a powerful Pokémon that debuted in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue.

What is this new Pokémon? How will you encounter it in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? When will you know more? So many questions!
So this press release says to me that this Pokémon is a separate entity as opposed to a forme, unless Nintendo are being misleading with their wording (which is possible). It also says that the "mystery" surrounding the games (and this Pokémon) is entirely deliberate. and is a hype-building mechanism. I presume it's working, although the complete lack of information is more aggravating than tantalising for me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Teapot said:
Picked up the press pack today. I've updated the main entry with the screenshots and art it contained.

Me likes! Thanks for the pics, Petey. ^^

But I'm giving up on the hope that we'll hear more about this fellow anytime soon. :p Some solid info in May would be cool but I wouldn't be surprised if they held off until June. Then again, I suspect that whenever they release a movie trailer involving it we'll finally discover what it truly is (a new form or a separate Pokemon).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Corocoro just confirmed that this is a Mewtwo Forme, not a new Pokémon, as if anyone had doubts to begin with.

No confirmation given its name was given, though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Corocoro just confirmed that this is a Mewtwo Forme, not a new Pokémon, as if anyone had doubts to begin with.

No confirmation given its name was given, though.

Welp, that was faster than expected. XD

And now I'm back to scratching my head and wondering why this thing exists. Shame. :?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Re: #150 - Mewtwo - "Awakened" Forme

The official Pokémon Facebook page shared a sliced and diced version of the recent movie 16 trailer to show us Mewtwo transforming into its new form. While it isn't anything new, it's the only thing outside of Japan so far to confirm its connection to Mewtwo like this, so worth noting. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

This new form makes no sense. Giovanni created mewtwo! How onearth did he think of evolving mewtwo ina currently non existent region in the ani.me

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Lucidia Goth said:
This new form makes no sense. Giovanni created mewtwo! How onearth did he think of evolving mewtwo ina currently non existent region in the ani.me

It isn't evolving though it's just changing form which it doesn't need Giovanni in order to do. Changing form could be triggered by Mewtwo's emotions, or the area or something nearby. Either way I don't think it needs the help of a human. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

Demelza said:
Lucidia Goth said:

It isn't evolving though it's just changing form which it doesn't need Giovanni in order to do. Changing form could be triggered by Mewtwo's emotions, or the area or something nearby. Either way I don't think it needs the help of a human. :)

What's more, the Anime is based around the games not the other way around. The games can do as they please regardless of what the Anime says or does. In the Anime Mewtwo was cloned from Mew's eyebrow by scientists working for Giovanni. In the games Dr. Fuji and (possibly) Blaine found a live Mew, genetically modified its offspring, and then Mew gave live birth to Mewtwo. Whether the project was independent or funded by Team Rocket is never elaborated on.

What I'm getting at is this forme has been in Mewtwo's genes all along. Like Dem said, it only took 17 years for the right stimulation to activate these genes, to "Awaken" them if you will. This forme is merely a side-effect of the "years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments" that created Mewtwo.

Nope, nope, nope. Hadn't Nintendo already tortured Mewtwo enough with bad designing the first time around? Now they make him into a glorified suitcase, attach a long appendage to his head, and make his fingers and toes look like purple sausages. Also, what's with the unusually curvy hips they've given him? Poor thing even has horns now.

Nintendo, why must you torture Mewtwo so? ;-;

At this picture:
mega_mewtwo_screenshot_4_bm.png
, all I said was "YOU ARE GOOOOOOOOD! (aka: Saying an extremely long version of God.)", so lol. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
When first seeing this, I thought they just gave Mewtwo a new form. But then Mega Evolution got leaked and revealed this as a Mega Pokemon. Mega Pokemon are great, (especially Mega Lucario amirite?) but this wasn't very much needed. A new form would've been ok with me.

Firstly the Mewtwo which introduces the Y mega form in the most recent film 'Genosect and the Legend of Awakening' is NOT the original Mewtwo whose creation was ordered by Giovanni. Apparently from what I have read officials have confirmed it to be a second Mewtwo though the film itself does not address/clarify it. There are however very subtle suggestions apart from it having a female voice. The lab it flashes back to is not the same lab and I could swear it's smaller in size. The eyes even seem to have something feminine about them to fit the voice.
The contrast is barely there so it's easy to be confused, even I was at first.
Now I was not a fan of Mewtwo getting a new form (mega or otherwise) in the first place from the moment I first saw an image of the Y form and the fact that in this film it's clearly a crutch as this Mewtwo in it's original form is quite weak only irritated me more. This is supposed to be a member of the world's strongest pokemon species!

Moving on to the second issue here, what is 'currently non-existent' in the game series is not necessarily so in the anime world. Some stand out examples are:
*The teaser of the Hoenn region in the Silver Conference in the form of the trainer from Littleroot, Harrison and his Blazikin.
*Professor Elm is characterized as having been a student of Professor Oak's and considers him a admirable rival. Oak existed before Elm.

WARNING: THIS NEXT EXAMPLE MAY BE A MAJOR SPOILER. Sorry I don't know how to do a spoiler tag, I'm still new here.

*In the opening of the film 'Celebi the Voice of the Forest' we see Oak in his childhood trying to rescue a Celebi, a Johto Pokemon which was being attacked by two other Johto Pokemon. Once again Oak's existence as a character pre-dated the existence of the anything in the Johto region.

There have been significant differences between the game world and the anime world from the beginning such as how in the anime legendaries have been shown with offspring and pokemon can dodge attacks in battle with fancy footwork.

Firstly the Mewtwo which introduces the Y mega form in the most recent film 'Genosect and the Legend of Awakening' is NOT the original Mewtwo whose creation was ordered by Giovanni. Apparently from what I have read officials have confirmed it to be a second Mewtwo though the film itself does not address/clarify it. There are however very subtle suggestions apart from it having a female voice. The lab it flashes back to is not the same lab and I could swear it's smaller in size. The eyes even seem to have something feminine about them to fit the voice.
The contrast is barely there so it's easy to be confused, even I was at first.
Now I was not a fan of Mewtwo getting a new form (mega or otherwise) in the first place from the moment I first saw an image of the Y form and the fact that in this film it's clearly a crutch as this Mewtwo in it's original form is quite weak only irritated me more. This is supposed to be a member of the world's strongest pokemon species!

Moving on to the second issue here, what is 'currently non-existent' in the game series is not necessarily so in the anime world. Some stand out examples are:
*The teaser of the Hoenn region in the Silver Conference in the form of the trainer from Littleroot, Harrison and his Blazikin.
*Professor Elm is characterized as having been a student of Professor Oak's and considers him a admirable rival. Oak existed before Elm.

WARNING: THIS NEXT EXAMPLE MAY BE A MAJOR SPOILER. Sorry I don't know how to do a spoiler tag, I'm still new here.

*In the opening of the film 'Celebi the Voice of the Forest' we see Oak in his childhood trying to rescue a Celebi, a Johto Pokemon which was being attacked by two other Johto Pokemon. Once again Oak's existence as a character pre-dated the existence of the anything in the Johto region.

There have been significant differences between the game world and the anime world from the beginning such as how in the anime legendaries have been shown with offspring and pokemon can dodge attacks in battle with fancy footwork.

i no right

I love this so damn much! I have always loved it! I mean look at it!!!! I remember when those scans were leaked and everyone thought it was a fake, but I had my fingers crossed that it was real. When it was officially revealed I was super excited, no ULTRA EXCITED!!! When it was revealed as a Mega Evolution, I was a tad disappointed because I was hoping it was a new form or perhaps Mewthree or something. But I still love it! It is my second fave Mega evolution, after Mega Aggron. I don't understand why people hate it so much, I mean look at Mega Mewtwo X, it has to be ugliest Mega out there (but not quite as ugly as Mega Pinsir), it is basically Mewtwo on steroids, and he looks lumpy and gross, at least Mega Mewtwo Y looks different and nice.
Love Mega Mewtwo Y!!

Team rocket has gone quiet for a while, all most to quiet. I mean the only known active team rocket members are Jessie, James, and Meowth and I'm pretty that Giovanni wouldn't tell them about any major plan about a come back. Since major plots usually take a lot of preparation and the longer it takes to more powerful and unstoppable it becomes. and since team magma and team aqua came back in ORAS maybe they'll come back to and when that happens it will be MAJOR.

My Theory why Mewtwo can Mega-Evolve is that Team Flare knew about Rockets Mewtwo. So they made a mewtwo then have Genetics able to mega mega evolve then broke free then went into the Unknown Dungeon. After battling Mewtwo it trust that you are a friend and able to mega evolve.