• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Mega Metagross

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mega_Metagross-x600.png

[type=steel][/type]/[type=psychic][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaMetagross
Height: 8'02"
Weight: 2,078.7 lbs.
Classification: Iron Leg Pokémon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Tough Claws

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Metagross was first revealed via a CoroCoro leak on July 10th, 2014. It was later revealed internationally via the Pokemon Company's Youtube channel in an OR & AS gameplay trailer on July 14th.

Additional Info: Our Hoenn Champion, Steven, is said to have a Mega Metagross companion who's Key Stone is stored in his Mega Stickpin.

20483_stats.png

Upon mega evolving, Mega Metagross has a greatly increased Speed stat along with increases to its Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense.

HP: 80
Attack: 145
Defense: 150
Sp. Attack: 105
Sp. Defense: 110
Speed: 110

20479_locations.png

144378_Dream_Metagrossite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Metagrossite
OR/AS: Given by Steven after rematch following Delta Episode. A special shiny Beldum holding a Metagrossite was also distributed between November 21st, 2014 and January 14th, 2015.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Metagross.

20472_artwork.png

steven_megametagross_small.png
Shiny_Mega_Metagross_withEffect.png

20482_screenshots.png

july_p21_01_kmk.jpg
july_p21_02_orz.jpg
july_p21_03_lil.jpg
july_p21_04_jmm.jpg
july_p21_05_rcq.jpg
aug_p24_03_qqq.jpg
aug_p24_01_ewm.jpg
aug_p24_02_ysq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I've heard many theorize that it'll get Tough Claws for its new ability, but Levitate on top of its increased stats would be a fantastic ability for it to have.

The big question is whether this Mega Evolution will go the same way as the other pseudo-legendary Mega Evolutions, merely serving as a niche alternative to the original or whether it'll completely revolutionize how effective Metagross is.

I'm not as hyped about this one as I was about Sceptile and Sableye, but there's definitely a lot of intrigue about this one.

Well, at least it means Steven isn't getting a random Charizard after all, or it only exists for demonstrations. I'm not sure what to think of its design, I like it and all, but I can't be the only one that thinks it is suffering major constipation while trying to poop out a Metang.

Hmm better have levitate otherwise im not sure how this thing will walk around.

I am not sure whether or not it will have the Ability Levitate, but the regular Metagross, while generally being shown walking on the ground with its arms, can also be seen floating sometimes in either the anime or the movies. As this one is already floating, I don't think that movement will be a problem. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's not easy to make out, but you can identify the same shapes of the first characters and after that there's only one translation that makes sense:

kx6Eb5D.png

Megagross has Tough Claws. "Powers up moves that make direct contact by 33%".

I am not sure whether or not it will have the Ability Levitate, but the regular Metagross, while generally being shown walking on the ground with its arms, can also be seen floating sometimes in either the anime or the movies. As this one is already floating, I don't think that movement will be a problem. :)
What I meant is that if his claws are on the ground he would be facing downward the way he is posed.

Looking at it more closely though it looks like its arms are on ball hinges so I suppose he could rotate the body which could work.

Hmm, not a huge fan of the design, but I'm happy it got a Mega evolution :)
To add, I like how it has golden stripes like it's shiny form.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I added some images of shiny Mega Metagross to its above page. It looks pretty damn sweet in its shiny version, too.

Meta Metagross was one mega that I've wanted from the start, particularly because my held-item of choice for standard Metagross was simply a Life Orb. Mega evolving the beast replaces the need for such perfectly. Can't wait to try one in battle. ♥

Well... everybody loves metagross

Not me because it is like bronzong which are really annoying since their levitate ability makes them immune to ground type attacks leaving it with ONE WEAKNESS. but still i would not want to get in the way of this Mega, talk about a bulldozer, but i think it's kind of funny because it looks like a pod racer from STAR WARS! ' snicker '