• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Houndoom

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
229Houndoom_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Houndoom

[type=dark][/type]/[type=fire][/type]

20477_info.png

Japanese Name:
MegaHerugaa
Classification: Dark Pokemon
Height: 1.9m / 6'03''
Weight: 49.5kg / 109.1 lbs.

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Solar Power

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Mega Houndoom was officially revealed by Pokemon.com following the release of X & Y.
Additional Info: The Houndour line is exclusive to Pokemon X, but its Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokemon Y.

20483_stats.png

Mega Houndoom's most notable boosts are to its Special Attack and Defence but it also has increases in its Speed and Special Defence stats.

HP: 75
Attack: 90
Defence: 90
Sp. Attack: 140
Sp. Defence: 90
Speed: 115

20479_locations.png

58298_Dream_Houndoominite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Houndoominite.
X/Y: Route 16, post-game. Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
OR/AS: Lavaridge Town (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Houndoom.

20472_artwork.png

MegaHoundoom.png
20482_screenshots.png

nov_p02_02.jpg
nov_p02_01.jpg

nov_p02_03.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yes! This my second favorite Mega Pokemon! The bone armor, forked tail, larger horns....give it to me now! :love:

Sadly, though, this one and Mega Manectric suffer the same problem as Mega Tyranitar and Mega Aggron. So, now I'll have to track down someone who can trade me a Houndour :@

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I recently bred/raised a Houndour specifically for Mega Houndoom. Kinda fell in love with its picture. This thing is one seriously adorable Pokemon and easily within my top 5, if not top 3, of the Mega Pokemon designs. The fact that it's apparently 6 feet tall is a beautiful mental image too. Giant fire demon puppy! I love it so. ♥

Overall Mega Houndoom likely isn't the most useful of the mega evolutions, and I actually find Solar Power somewhat wasted on it, but that boosted Defense stat is very welcome. :)

Overall Mega Houndoom likely isn't the most useful of the mega evolutions, and I actually find Solar Power somewhat wasted on it, but that boosted Defense stat is very welcome. :)
I would have preferred a different ability to Solar Power, but that being said Mega Houndoom can use it very well. I have it on a Sunshine team, and, after a Nasty Plot and a Sunny Day it's pretty much unstoppable.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I would have preferred a different ability to Solar Power, but that being said Mega Houndoom can use it very well. I have it on a Sunshine team, and, after a Nasty Plot and a Sunny Day it's pretty much unstoppable.

Good to know for the future! My current team isn't a weather team, so as of now Solar Power isn't overly useful for my Mega Houndoom. That said, I'm glad to hear that it does come in handy with the appropriate set-up. :D

If I'm honest, I didn't have any specific team in mind when I raised a Houndour so I'm likely squandering its potential. I just wanted a Mega Houndoom because it's a giant demonic doggie. :3

Mega Houndoom, having traits of Cerberus, is one of my favorite fire types. Capturing the stygian wolf's signature demonic tail, having bones and horns like the devil would, and the evil grin makes it have an ideal design for what it's based of.

Speaking competitively, Solar Power is close to being useless to the weather nerf. A nasty plot set is more viable in my opinion.

Good to know for the future! My current team isn't a weather team, so as of now Solar Power isn't overly useful for my Mega Houndoom. That said, I'm glad to hear that it does come in handy with the appropriate set-up. :D
Agreed.:D

Of course, just by looking at it, the speed is good. I don't have the game, but I DO have Black 2, and I would agree that my Samurott has more speed than that. Which is better? :?

To be honest, I don't really know. My experience on Black 2 isn't enough.@.@

Agreed.:D

Of course, just by looking at it, the speed is good. I don't have the game, but I DO have Black 2, and I would agree that my Samurott has more speed than that. Which is better? :?

To be honest, I don't really know. My experience on Black 2 isn't enough.@.@

The 115 speed is not the actual ingame stat, but rather the base for which the speed stat is calculated. Mega Houndoom has a far higher base speed stat than Samurott, who sits at a base speed of 70.

Normal Houndoom is already one of my favorite pokemon, but mega Houndoom... He's just perfect! Not only he has a good base stat total... He looks so cool! And now he really looks like a devil dog!!

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! >_< SIX-FOOT DEMON >:D DOG!!! >_<SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!! >_< AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
/eaten
Mega Houndoom: Yum... :nom:

I know right! this definitely gives him the ultimate grim reaper look which is exactly what i like to see. i know a BIG Houndoom fan and i know that she would go nuts if she saw this. Its demonic, its dramatic, its presence can not be ignored, and its got MAJOR intimidation skills, and if I was a little kid living in the Pokemon world this would be the last thing that I would want to see at night, and if i did it would probably give me nightmares. Fortunately I'm not a little kid living in the Pokemon world (even though it would be AWESOME to live there) but still its nothing that a GRANBULL can't handle.

Oh, yes! This my second favorite Mega Pokemon! The bone armor, forked tail, larger horns....give it to me now! :love:

Sadly, though, this one and Mega Manectric suffer the same problem as Mega Tyranitar and Mega Aggron. So, now I'll have to track down someone who can trade me a Houndour :@
I have a few spare Hounders, if you want one.

I love this mega! I have a shiny mega houndoom and I use it for competitive battle. I usually switch it with Absol every other competition.

LINKACHU YOU KNOW MY LOVE FOR THW HOUNDOUR LINE!!! I LOVE FIRE DEMON PUPPIES EEEEEEEEEE

My Houndoom on pokemon Y is unbeatable, nobody can beat it. He is my best friend!

Last edited by a moderator: