1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

Mega Houndoom

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Magpie, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

229Houndoom_Mega_Dream.png
    Mega Houndoom

Dark / Fire

20477_info.png
    Japanese Name:
    MegaHerugaa
    Classification: Dark Pokemon
    Height: 1.9m / 6'03''
    Weight: 49.5kg / 109.1 lbs.

20471_abilities.png
    Ability: Solar Power

20473_cryptidata.png
    Revealed: Mega Houndoom was officially revealed by Pokemon.com following the release of X & Y.
    Additional Info: The Houndour line is exclusive to Pokemon X, but its Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokemon Y.

20483_stats.png
    Mega Houndoom's most notable boosts are to its Special Attack and Defence but it also has increases in its Speed and Special Defence stats.

HP: 75
    Attack: 90
    Defence: 90
    Sp. Attack: 140
    Sp. Defence: 90
    Speed: 115

20479_locations.png
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone:
    Houndoominite.
    X/Y: Route 16, post-game. Mega Stone is exclusive to Pokémon Y.
    OR/AS: Lavaridge Town (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

20476_evolution.png
    Mega-Evolves from Houndoom.

20472_artwork.png
    MegaHoundoom.png
    20482_screenshots.png
    nov_p02_02.jpg nov_p02_01.jpg
    nov_p02_03.png

#1 Magpie, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    WolfyPop, WumboTurtle, Elyse and 7 others like this.
  2. Oh, yes! This my second favorite Mega Pokemon! The bone armor, forked tail, larger horns....give it to me now! :love:

Sadly, though, this one and Mega Manectric suffer the same problem as Mega Tyranitar and Mega Aggron. So, now I'll have to track down someone who can trade me a Houndour :@

3. id be happy to trade a houndour for a swirix with whipped dream

4. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

I recently bred/raised a Houndour specifically for Mega Houndoom. Kinda fell in love with its picture. This thing is one seriously adorable Pokemon and easily within my top 5, if not top 3, of the Mega Pokemon designs. The fact that it's apparently 6 feet tall is a beautiful mental image too. Giant fire demon puppy! I love it so. ♥

Overall Mega Houndoom likely isn't the most useful of the mega evolutions, and I actually find Solar Power somewhat wasted on it, but that boosted Defense stat is very welcome. :)

5. I would have preferred a different ability to Solar Power, but that being said Mega Houndoom can use it very well. I have it on a Sunshine team, and, after a Nasty Plot and a Sunny Day it's pretty much unstoppable.

6. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Good to know for the future! My current team isn't a weather team, so as of now Solar Power isn't overly useful for my Mega Houndoom. That said, I'm glad to hear that it does come in handy with the appropriate set-up. :D

If I'm honest, I didn't have any specific team in mind when I raised a Houndour so I'm likely squandering its potential. I just wanted a Mega Houndoom because it's a giant demonic doggie. :3

MalikTH and ShinyZekrom009 like this.
  7. Mega Houndoom, having traits of Cerberus, is one of my favorite fire types. Capturing the stygian wolf's signature demonic tail, having bones and horns like the devil would, and the evil grin makes it have an ideal design for what it's based of.

Speaking competitively, Solar Power is close to being useless to the weather nerf. A nasty plot set is more viable in my opinion.

8. So...awesome :love:

Need bigger party so badly! ;_;

9. Agreed.:D

Of course, just by looking at it, the speed is good. I don't have the game, but I DO have Black 2, and I would agree that my Samurott has more speed than that. Which is better? :?

To be honest, I don't really know. My experience on Black 2 isn't enough.@.@

10. The 115 speed is not the actual ingame stat, but rather the base for which the speed stat is calculated. Mega Houndoom has a far higher base speed stat than Samurott, who sits at a base speed of 70.

11. Mmmm that tail and them horns on that head are rockin' it!

12. Normal Houndoom is already one of my favorite pokemon, but mega Houndoom... He's just perfect! Not only he has a good base stat total... He looks so cool! And now he really looks like a devil dog!!

13. Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! >_< SIX-FOOT DEMON >:D DOG!!! >_<SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!! >_< AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
    /eaten
    Mega Houndoom: Yum... :nom:

14. I know right! this definitely gives him the ultimate grim reaper look which is exactly what i like to see. i know a BIG Houndoom fan and i know that she would go nuts if she saw this. Its demonic, its dramatic, its presence can not be ignored, and its got MAJOR intimidation skills, and if I was a little kid living in the Pokemon world this would be the last thing that I would want to see at night, and if i did it would probably give me nightmares. Fortunately I'm not a little kid living in the Pokemon world (even though it would be AWESOME to live there) but still its nothing that a GRANBULL can't handle.

Neopolitan likes this.
  15. I have a few spare Hounders, if you want one.

16. i will make note of that

17. I love this mega! I have a shiny mega houndoom and I use it for competitive battle. I usually switch it with Absol every other competition.

18. rip me i love his design so much

19. LINKACHU YOU KNOW MY LOVE FOR THW HOUNDOUR LINE!!! I LOVE FIRE DEMON PUPPIES EEEEEEEEEE

My Houndoom on pokemon Y is unbeatable, nobody can beat it. He is my best friend!

#20 WolfyPop, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016