• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Evolution Predictions

This is purely for predicting who will get a Mega Evolutions in X and Y and saying what we think they might be like. Personally I am willing to bet Gyarados will get one and become Water/Dragon, I would use it if that was the case.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I suspect the rest of the starters will get Mega Evolutions (it'd be incredibly unbalanced to JUST give Blaziken one), as well as many fully-evolved or non-evolving Pokemon.

Although we might get it over the course of several patches.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It would be pretty nice of them to add these by updating the game, rather than them all just being there in the code for us to find but hidden away from availability in the game. It would make for good, engaging, fresh content for the games on a regular basis.

I expect we'll probably see at least one starter from each Generation getting a Mega evolution, though it does seem unlikely that they'd ruin the balance by not having one for each (as extensive as that would be for something that, like Blaziken's, will almost certainly not be available through normal play), as well as a smattering of legendaries - though I'd expect Mega Legends to be on a movie-by-movie basis, so this may slowly build up in future games/generations/updates.

As for the rest, I'd guess that there'd be a dozen or two dozen for each Generation at least. Probably a lot more on the lower numbers of the Pokedex than the higher end. I'd suspect there'll be one for the majority of fan favourites (though the idea of a Mega Gardevoir alongside its new Fairy type sounds positively apocalyptically strong) - which will probably be skewed heavily at Pokemon that have featured prominently in the anime.

I don't expect that Gen VI will feature too many. The title Legendaries (and at least one or two others) seem certain, and there'll definitely be at least one new Pokemon that will be used as a major poster-child for the feature somehow. But the feature seems specific to revisiting and reworking older Pokemon and has a limited benefit to the new ones outside of merely buffing them up.

I also suspect that, though what we've seen so far has been limited to Pokemon that cannot evolve any further naturally, the mechanic won't be strict about that (though it'll stick to it on the whole). I'd expect a few exceptions (again, also possibly as a deliberate part of some new Pokemon's design) like Pikachu and maybe some other Pokemon who already evolve by items/have split evolutions already - though probably not anything that evolves by level. To that end, I would also consider a 'Mega Eevee' a possibility (essentially the 'Normal' type Eeveelution people have been banging on about for pretty much as long as they've been banging on about Kangaskhan's baby as a pre-evolution/actual Pokemon).

Loooads of potential in the feature, and given that it's such a surprise as is, it's hard to say for sure what they'll really do with it. I expect the stuff laid out above is the most likely, but I couldn't have predicted this itself in a million guesses, so it really is a tough one to call.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
After chatting to KoL about Mega Evolutions, I would very much like Miltank to get a Mega Evolution. She was the tank of my team once, but Gen V introduced too many often-used Fighting Types and moves for her to be viable... maybe a Mega Evolution would fix that >:D

As people have said, fan favourites are likely to get a Mega Evolution. I've seen some suggestions floating around, such as Dunesparce, but I'd much rather it got a regular, permanent evolution than a Mega one. I do hope that all the Starter Pokemon get one, just because I think it'd be a bit odd for Blaziken to be the only Starter to get one.

And, going on the basis of Mega Kangaskhan, it might be interesting to see some weird stuff, like maybe Girafarig's 'second brain' becoming more prominent.

*Crosses fingers for Mega Manectric of Doom*

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Yes this is me here right now.

So I saw that Mawile got one... which means they may not have overlooked Sableye. And I don't know yet whether I'm glad about that or not. They'll be walking a fine line, let me tell you >=o

Other than that though I'm actually pretty excited about this. It's a nice breath of fresh air. And I too would support a Mega Gardevoir of doom.

Edit: Hai Sem. It appears that in your long self-imposed exile you forgot it's "may have" rather than "may of". Fixed now. XP Stop snorting the sparkles from your dress!

Really thinking about it, I have a feeling that the Starters of Gen 6 might get Mega Evolutions and that one gym leader gives you the megastone for each fully evolved starter, just meet her and she gives you the one you's needs.
It would make sense right seeing how she is somehow supposed to tell you about them and none of the pokemon shown so far, well, just aren't instant team members for everybody. A starter i USUALLY kept throughout the games.

I'm not too sure if all the starters will be getting mega forms... I don't know, it seems odd that they would just distribute a Torchic with the necessary item to go mega if all of them were able to. My theory is that if they were all able to go mega, then Mudkip and Treecko would have also been distributed or something... So my theory is that at ONE starter per generation will get a Mega form, such as Charizard, Meganium, Serperior, etc. Though I might be wrong, and they might just be distributing Torchic because it's a popular starter... though I would have preferred Cyndaquil or Charmander myself >_>

Also I agree with Spartan about the possibility of all the Gen 6 starters having a Mega form, and that gym leader is supposed to give you a stone corresponding to your starter, and it personally excites me to think of what the mega forms could look like~

Also since Lucario has been given a Mega form, I feel like a Pokemon like Arcanine and Luxray could totally have mega forms, and I would personally love to see Pidgeot and Heracross have mega forms. And, while it is highly unlikely, I might even say some ubers could have mega forms. I mean, Blaziken gets Speed Boost when he transforms, which, while I'm no expert on competitive battling, is supposed to be banned for being so OP, right? I would personally love to see a Pokemon like Dragonite get a badass mega form, and dear me if Garchomp got one~~~ it send shivers down my spine thinking of the possibilities~ ♥

Doubled said:
I'm not too sure if all the starters will be getting mega forms... I don't know, it seems odd that they would just distribute a Torchic with the necessary item to go mega if all of them were able to. My theory is that if they were all able to go mega, then Mudkip and Treecko would have also been distributed or something... So my theory is that at ONE starter per generation will get a Mega form, such as Charizard, Meganium, Serperior, etc. Though I might be wrong, and they might just be distributing Torchic because it's a popular starter... though I would have preferred Cyndaquil or Charmander myself >_>

Also I agree with Spartan about the possibility of all the Gen 6 starters having a Mega form, and that gym leader is supposed to give you a stone corresponding to your starter, and it personally excites me to think of what the mega forms could look like~

Also since Lucario has been given a Mega form, I feel like a Pokemon like Arcanine and Luxray could totally have mega forms, and I would personally love to see Pidgeot and Heracross have mega forms. And, while it is highly unlikely, I might even say some ubers could have mega forms. I mean, Blaziken gets Speed Boost when he transforms, which, while I'm no expert on competitive battling, is supposed to be banned for being so OP, right? I would personally love to see a Pokemon like Dragonite get a badass mega form, and dear me if Garchomp got one~~~ it send shivers down my spine thinking of the possibilities~ ♥
I still think that all the starters will get them and there will be other distributions as time goes on, but that is my theory. Also Mega Pseudos? That would be awesome.

I would say that mega-psuedos would be really overpowered...but then as Doubled said we have MegaBlaziken with Speed Boost so that point is very moot unless they find a way to balance it in the metagame.

Yes, I very much realize that Farfetch'd is Game Freak's whipping boy, err, Pokemon, but I would like to see it get a mega form. Blame it on the various cool fanmade evolutions I've seen over the years but I could see it gaining a fighting type and playing off the swordmaster thing (even though it's already been done to death!)

Carmen Lopez said:
I would say that mega-psuedos would be really overpowered...but then as Doubled said we have MegaBlaziken with Speed Boost so that point is very moot unless they find a way to balance it in the metagame.

Yes, I very much realize that Farfetch'd is Game Freak's whipping boy, err, Pokemon, but I would like to see it get a mega form. Blame it on the various cool fanmade evolutions I've seen over the years but I could see it gaining a fighting type and playing off the swordmaster thing (even though it's already been done to death!)
This may come as a shock, but I agree with What you said about Farfetch'd entirely. Though personally I see more of the Leek becoming a staff to it, it is still a great idea to make if a fighting type. Plus Fighting is the only think Flying has yet to be paired with.

I do think that all the previous starters will get evolutions, which I could defintitely see happening, especially with Charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur, and Blaziken currently having Mega evolutions. I'm just wondering if this will apply to the Gen VI starters or not.

I would defintiely like to see Miltank, Manectric, Gardevoir, and Farfetch'd get Mega evolutions as well, along with Gyrados and Sableye. I personally don't have any major preferences that haven't already been said or established, except for Sceptile, Typhlosion, and Serperior, which go under the all-starters-get-Mega-evolutions theory.

(Although I wouldn't object to Mega Zekrom. I know he's a Legendary already and it's probably just wishful thinking, but I don't care. Please happen.)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Even though it's only based on one image with questionable sources I'm really hoping Mega Druddigon is real. I adore Druddigon and its a beast in battle but being a stand-alone Pokemon I feel it got rather overlooked and shadowed by other Dragons in Gen V. A Mega Evolution would be a pretty nifty boost and hopefully it'd give him some nice edge of some sort, either with a new ability or even a second typing.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I do think that all the previous starters will get evolutions, which I could defintitely see happening, especially with Charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur, and Blaziken currently having Mega evolutions. I'm just wondering if this will apply to the Gen VI starters or not.

I think it will apply to the Gen VI starters too. You couldn't really introduce Mega Evolutions in this generation and give them to every single starter apart for those three.

So far we've had quite a few interesting choices for the Mega's, being either Pokémon that aren't used competitively all that often (and thus making them more likely to be used because of the new Evolution), and then we have the popular competitive Pokémon that have just been made better. 'Tis an interesting mix and I can't wait to see what they do next. ^^

There's a rumor floating around (when isn't there?) of possible Mega evolutions. One of them is Jynx. I would be all over a Mega Jynx, though I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority in the fandom for that.

Mega Ditto would be really amusing too, though I have no clue what the hell that would be.

I would peronally like a mega steelix or aggron
That would just be badass and maybe they could make aggron more specially defensive so it would be more of a beast
And give steelix some more attack

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So I just encountered this image while browsing Mega Pokemon. WHY IS THIS NOT A THING?

mega_manectric_by_dragonith-d6j5gxp.png

Turns out the artist behind this masterpiece has many ideas for Mega Pokemon, but oh my goodness why can't Mega Manctric just exist. Right now D:

So I just encountered this image while browsing Mega Pokemon. WHY IS THIS NOT A THING?

mega_manectric_by_dragonith-d6j5gxp.png

Turns out the artist behind this masterpiece has many ideas for Mega Pokemon, but oh my goodness why can't Mega Manctric just exist. Right now D:

I agree, Mega manectric would be beastly. I have used so many of them in my R/S/E playthroughs its not even funny :) .I also saw a similar pic to this but it was a mega Dunsparce (freaking epic).

Mercury%20Elec.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gonna go with (I know it's crazy but listen) Mega Keldeo, Mega genesect and Mega Meloetta. I know it's crazy, but if Mewtwo has two Megas, why can't the Mythical Trio of Unova receive some? Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie final forms should have megas as well.

This is purely for predicting who will get a Mega Evolutions in X and Y and saying what we think they might be like. Personally I am willing to bet Gyarados will get one and become Water/Dragon, I would use it if that was the case.
I think no, see Mega Charizard, it still no dragon fire, but flying fire

Spoilers here.

Dunno how old this is or if this is a slow reply or something xD But MegaGyarados, MegaChandelure, MegaTorkoal, MegaDruddigon, MegaScizor and MegaGardevoir have been confirmed. MegaGardevoir looks pretty. Much like a princess now, with a huge skirt.

I'm keeping my eyes out for the others though (Aside MegaGyarados since I've seen him).

All these were confirmed when the Elite 4 has been revealed with the Champion.

I understand if people say I might be lying, so I'll just wait. I have a few sources that are well trusted xD
I honestly believe that all of the starters will get mega forms. And why not a lot of really noted dragon types like Salamence or Rayquaza.

Aside MegaGarchomp being revealed, it was also confirmed that he is part of the, 'Big 3', meaning Salamence and Dragonite are assured to have Mega formes too.

Last edited:
Dunno how old this is or if this is a slow reply or something xD But MegaGyarados, MegaChandelure, MegaTorkoal, MegaDruddigon, MegaScizor and MegaGardevoir have been confirmed. MegaGardevoir looks pretty. Much like a princess now, with a huge skirt.

I'm keeping my eyes out for the others though (Aside MegaGyarados since I've seen him).

All these were confirmed when the Elite 4 has been revealed with the Champion.

I understand if people say I might be lying, so I'll just wait. I have a few sources that are well trusted xD

Aside MegaGarchomp being revealed, it was also confirmed that he is part of the, 'Big 3', meaning Salamence and Dragonite are assured to have Mega formes too.

Possible spoilers regarding the information above, about how much of it may or may not be real, and how authentic it is in my opinion, with the knowledge of a few leaks I've seen in my head, so I'm spoiler-tagging as a precaution. Consider that before reading this:

Ok, where has any of this been "confirmed"? I don't remember seeing any official reveals for these. Now, some of that may or may not have appeared in leaks, but it's not "confirmed." I don't remember seeing anything at all about a lot of this, either. In fact, a lot of this is information I've never heard of before, and I've recently unearthed a couple informative leaks, and didn't see most of what you described here. So don't be upset if I doubt the authenticity of this information. Yes, the couple you mentioned you've seen in images are real, but the others? I don't know about them.

Last edited:
Possible spoilers regarding the information above, about how much of it may or may not be real, and how authentic it is in my opinion, with the knowledge of a few leaks I've seen in my head, so I'm spoiler-tagging as a precaution. Consider that before reading this:

Ok, where has any of this been "confirmed"? I don't remember seeing any official reveals for these. Now, some of that may or may not have appeared in leaks, but it's not "confirmed." I don't remember seeing anything at all about a lot of this, either. In fact, a lot of this is information I've never heard of before, and I've recently unearthed a couple informative leaks, and didn't see most of what you described here. So don't be upset if I doubt the authenticity of this information. Yes, the couple you mentioned you've seen in images are real, but the others? I don't know about them.

Fair enough. As I said I know people are going to say different things to what I put down, but I'm going to stick with it since I trust my source a lot. I respect things like spoilers and other things, but that post is all I'm gonna say xDDD

> Just going to keep reading this thread.

I honestly believe that all of the starters will get mega forms. And why not a lot of really noted dragon types like Salamence or Rayquaza.
i dont really believe that any legendaries will get mega evolutions because they already are supposed to be the megas in pokemon universe. but pokemons like kingdra,salamence and dragonite might have a chance! (reason why i think they have a chance is : garchomp from 4th gen got it and charizard did)so maybe,maybe not. who knows? (people who are reading this when game has been published are only ones)

If there were to be another Mega Venasaur and Mega Blastoise, what would people expect and what abilities would they expect?

Already had this happen to Charizard, so I'm actually starting to believe the other starters will have the same treatment.

Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions and the Kanto Legendary Birds are rumored to have Mega Evolutions as well. So that's already one argument out the window. >>;
oh yeah lol,i forgot that mewtwo had 2..... and i didnt know that zapdos,moltres and articuno maybe will get their own own ones.

and what i meant that newer legendaries may not get one AND i said maybe they will get ones, maybe not :)

Well I personally think that a lot of the noted Pokemon like Lugia and Pikachu might get mega evolutions though it would have to be Raichu since its all final evolutions seeming to get them.

I want Mega Eeveelutions because I just really want to see a Mega Umbreon and the Eeveelutions hype might raised even more if there was Megas of the Eeveelutions.
Also I found this awesome fan art of them :love:
image.jpg

Now that the current mega-evos in game are known, does anyone have any predictions for new ones added by mystery gift?

I'm hoping we'll have an event treecko and mudkip (MUDKIPS!!!!) to go with our event torchic and mega blaziken, but judging by the megas so far they might be doling out the mega evolution to the most popular pokemon foremost.

I personally would like to see more megas for underused pokemon in the vein of mega mawile, and megas that sort of imply an alternate evolution path-- I'd like to see a giant shenlong dragonair mega-evo for dragonite. I'd like to see the toxic trio (garbodor, muk and koffing) get huge, nightmarish mega-evos and more "useless" pokemon begging for evolutions get cool mega-evos like dunsparce, qwilfish, spinda, etc.

Well since they can do updates like with the Lumiose and GTS patch, I think that they could add in some more mega evolutions through this method too, though Mystery Gifts are another way of going about it.

Personally, I want to see the Nidos get a mega evolution, just to make them bigger threats. Another Pokemon I could see getting one through this method is Rapidash, and definitely getting wings and turning into a pegasus through this method. The Johto starters definitely need a bit of a boost too, IMO, and I would love to see some for Pokemon like Cloyster, Noctowl, Steelix (because why not?), Flygon, Claydol, Luxray, Carnivine, Samurott, and MOTHEREFFING PIDGEOT HE REALLY NEEDS ONE.

Seeming though this is relevant again. Aside from Sableye and Metagross which we know of here are the Pokemon I think are going to get Mega Evos.

Camerupt - Mega for Maxie
Sharpedo - Mega for Archie
Milotic - Is Gyarados' counterpart I'd imagine Water/Fairy typing as well
Grumpig - Don't know why just a gut feeling
Solrock/Lunatone - I think it Mega evolution will somehow tie in with Meteor Falls and these happen to be the main Pokemon there

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I agree with Milotic, but I have a really strange feeling Skarmory will get a mega.
It doesn't have an evolution, its typings are exclusive to itself (steel/flying), and it looks like it's going to have one too.(The last parts probably just me.)