1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

Mega Blastoise

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Demelza, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

009Blastoise_Mega_Dream.png
    Mega Blastoise
    Water

20477_info.png
    Japanese Name: MegaKamex
    Height: 1.6m / 5' 03"
    Weight: 101.1kg / 222.9 lbs.
    Classification: Shellfish Pokémon

20471_abilities.png
    Ability: Mega Launcher

20473_cryptidata.png
    Revealed: Mega Blastoise was revealed alongside Mega Charizard and Mega Venusaur in a Pokémon Direct aired on the 4th of September.
    Additional Info: The two rocket launchers on Blastoise's shoulders turn into a single huge cannon when it Mega Evolves into Mega Blastoise. This cannon boasts a blast range so great that it can strike targets more than six miles away!

20483_stats.png
    Mega Blastoise's most notable stat boost is to its Sp. Attack, but it also receives boosts to its Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense.

HP: 79
    Attack: 103
    Defence: 120
    Sp. Attack: 135
    Sp. Defence: 115
    Speed: 78

20479_locations.png
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone:
    Blastoisinite
    X/Y:
    Given by Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City (if Squirtle chosen as Starter) or purchased from Vernal Avenue's Stone Emporium (if Squirtle not chosen as Starter).
    OR/AS: SS Tidal (During and following Delta Episode).

20476_evolution.png
    Mega-Evolves from Blastoise

20472_artwork.png
    Mega Blastoise.png
    20482_screenshots.png
    Mega_Blastoise_Screenshot_1.png Mega_Blastoise_Screenshot_3.png Mega_Blastoise_Screenshot_2.png

#1 Demelza, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

While Blasoise is my favorite Kanto Starter, I don't like his Mega Form as much as the other two. Not saying I dislike it, on the contrary I love it, I think it's really cool and I will seriously train one in my Pokemon Y. I like how Blastoise has gained some weight in this new form formally being ~189lbs.

3. Holy crap, this looks awesome. It now has three cannons, two on its wrists! I will probably train this one. I mean, Squirtle is my favorite Gen I starter anyway, but the Mega design probably confirmed it for me.

epicz likes this.
  4. Sir Red

Sir Red Charms' Caped Crusader

*walks in and nods in approval* That'll do, turtle, that'll do.

I quite like this Mega Evolution, but I feel they could have given Blastiose a chest cannon or something and just gone full-on insanity with it. Though all three of these Mega Evolutions (the Gen 1 starter trio) seem so less...internet-ish than the previous ones we've seen. They seem more logical, really. I like it, though.

charliebear and ShinyZekrom009 like this.
  5. Oh yes, I wish that had happened. Chest cannons would make it complete!

The only other changes to Mega Blastoise's appearance that I can see, besides the aforementioned cannons, are a couple changes in the head area. The jaw and the top of the head are different then the original Blastoise. I don't really mind it, and I like the new design better then Mega Charizard and Mega Venasaur, definitely.

purpledragon13 likes this.
  6. I really wanted to like this but it looks to robotic. Also now chest cannons have been brought up I can only imagine it with cannon nipples :|

charliebear likes this.
  7. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Only Miltank is allowed those... fear the possibility of Mega Miltank! :D

Blastoise was my least favourite of the original trio, although that my no means meant I disliked him. He still holds that title as a Mega Evolution, but he does look pretty badass. His ability is nice and I like his cannon design.

charliebear likes this.
  8. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

I get the feeling from these that they didn't want to change the Kanto starters too much for the mega forms. They're changed enough to be noticeable, but don't really ruin or change the original design too much.

Blastoise is likely my least favourite of the three, but I still like what they've done with the design, it's pretty sweet. ^^

charliebear likes this.
  9. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Mega Blastoise, I admit, I find rather amusing. It's my least favorite of the Kanto Starters by a long shot, and while I appreciate the arm cannons on its Mega Form, the singular uber cannon is kind of derp and that Death Chin cracks me up but isn't exactly what I'd call the most attractive thing in the universe. So yeah, I'm Neutral-amused, but I'd still rather Mega Charizard or even Mega Venusaur any day of the week. XD

charliebear likes this.
  10. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

After allowing time for its design to sink in I actually quite like what they've done with Mega Blastoise. Its massive back cannon is still a bit much but I enjoy how they designed its smaller hand cannons. They fit an advanced form of Blastoise very well and look nice, especially in the game screenshots. I'm curious now to discover how Blastoise's stats will change when it mega evolves. :)

11. I'm...with Stel on this one. Mega Blastoise amuses me somewhat. The other two are pretty boss, but Mega Blastoise makes me laugh and I can't take it all that seriously. It's listed height isn't helping either because I'm taller than it is.

12. I gotta agree with you all(cause it's all true)

13. i bet in the Pokemon world firefighters use this pokemon instead of a fire hose and i bet that it's even more effective. Take that people who tried to pull down the state farm banking sign. Ha Ha Ha 'snicker'

14. lol I just made a team of water starters lol