1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XY/ORAS Singles Mega-Beedrill Team

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Ruko, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Ruko

Ruko Bearded Trout Warrior

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Scald

(Shaymin) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Seed Flare
    - Air Slash
    - Leech Seed
    - Aromatherapy

(Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
    Ability: Sniper
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - Poison Jab
    - Drill Run
    - Protect

(Probopass) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Speed
    - Volt Switch
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hidden Power Fire

(Flygon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Defog
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Speed
    - U-turn
    - Flamethrower
    - Rock Slide
    - ? HP Ice, Perhaps

This team has one goal - Support Beedrill so it can stab things. Eelektross and Probopass allow Beedrill to come in unhindered with very low speed Voltturning, and then Beedrill can U-turn right back out before it gets hit [avoiding priority users, of course]. Flygon is one of the better hazard removal options in my opinion - being resistant to Stealth rock and immune to ground hazards. Finally, Alomomola and Shaymin make up a clerical center of the team and help keep everyone else alive, while also keeping Beedrill from being permanently paralyzed/burned by contact abilities.

2. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

I would say the team could do with something to get rid of Ghost-types since they currently would be the biggest issue for Beedrill to get past coverage-wise, and considering how most Ghost-types are quite vulnerable to anything trapping them via Pursuit I would consider a Pursuit user of some kind for Ghostbusting duty. Since most of your scouting and clerical roles are doubled up it wouldn't be hard to drop out a 'Mon whose performance ends up flagging a bit for a Ghostbuster to wipe out the only likely thing to resist Beedrill's rampage.

I'd also try giving Probopass an ability to cut through Skarmory better with since it can already trap Skarmory and leave it open for abuse, since he'd otherwise wall off Beedrill quite well.

3. Ruko

Ruko Bearded Trout Warrior

Friend Code:
    0473-7895-5364
    I'm not sure how much more Discharge will do for me vs Skarmory than paralyzing and HP Firing it, since a lot will be carrying whirlwind and capable of negating my magnet pull anyway. and I'd rather like to keep Stealth Rock specifically for Talonflame if nothing else.
    As it is Discharge will do (37.1 - 43.7%)
    If I fully special attack train it will do (49.1 - 58%), which still won't be enough to Stop a Skarm with roost.

All that said, Skarm could definitely give the team some hell one way or another - if it doesn't have whirlwind I can stall out a pretty big chunk of it's Roost PP with hidden power, but not all of it. That's probably the way I'd go as it were.

After seeing Beedrill tear right through Gengar's quad resistance and Mismagius single resistance to both of my STABs, I'm not really concerned about ghosts anymore. Dusknoir/Dusclops will certainly take the hit better, but neither of them like the Toxic from Alomomola.
    If someone were to go it'd be between Probopass and Eelektross