1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

Mega Ampharos

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Demelza, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

181Ampharos_Mega_Dream.png
    Mega Ampharos
    Electric / Dragon
    20477_info.png
    Japanese Name:
    MegaDenryu
    Height: 1.4m / 4' 07''
    Weight: 61.5kg / 135.6 lbs.
    Classification: Light Pokemon

20471_abilities.png
    Ability: Mold Breaker

20473_cryptidata.png
    Revealed: Mega Ampharos was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Absol, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario and Mega Mawile.
    Additional Info: Ampharos gains the Dragon Type upon Mega Evolving. The red orbs on its body and fur emit a strong light when Mega Ampharos increases the amount of electrical energy within itself.

20483_stats.png
    Mega Ampharos's most notable stat boost is to its Sp. Attack but it also receives boosts to its Attack, Defense, and Sp. Defense stats. Its Speed stat has a slight decrease.

HP: 90
    Attack: 95
    Defense: 105
    Sp. Attack: 165
    Sp. Defense: 110
    Speed: 45

20479_locations.png
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone:
    Ampharosite.
    X/Y: Azure Bay (Given by an NPC).
    OR/AS: New Mauville (Following Primal Kyogre/Groudon narrative).

20476_evolution.png
    Mega-Evolves from Ampharos.

20472_artwork.png
    mega_ampharos_-_pokemon_x_a.png

20482_screenshots.png
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Mega Ampharos seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as fan-reaction goes but I honestly rather like the design. All that floofy goodness! :D

3. Why would Amphy be received so badly? The way I see it, Amphy + Mane = DAT AMPH. Besides, it isn't like their gonna' go through a super-drastic change in design with Mega-Evolutions.

4. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

No idea, I like Mega Ampharos :p And I wouldn't say it has been received badly, Mega Ampharos has just been the butt of many a hair product-related joke xD

5. I always thought of Amphy as kind of an "un-official starter". Dunno why, I just like its design, but I felt it was missing something... but now that it has hair, that hole has been filled! This fabulous mane is totally worth any L'oreal joke.

6. Yes, yes, yes! Ampharos has always been a favorite of mine, and with the Dual Dragon-Type(My dream type combo, and one of the reasons why Zekrom is my favorite Pokemon) has guranteed that Mareep will once again find a slot in my party!

7. One of the best I have for a live Ampharos.

Attached Files:

8. Wow! She's not gonna be winning any beauty contests!

9. OMG it looks so awesome!!! (⊙﹏⊙)

10. In my opinion, Mega Ampharos is really stylish. But Mega Ampharos is the 2nd slowest mega evolution and Mega Abomasnow is the slowest of them all.

11. For me the Mega Ampharos is the best, and could have a very well Mega Meganium.

12. it looks like fabio

#12 kiryu, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  13. Ampharos now looks like Zeus to me with it's white silky locks that flow in the wind, and I don't know if I like it or not.

14. Ampharos- AKA The only Mega evolution that I actually like.

Something about that flowing white mane makes me feel that this is Ampharos' TRUE form, that this is how Ampharos really looks when he/she reaches his/her maximum potential, and that's what I believe a mega evolution should do. Unfortunately, the others don't do it for me (Banette's is good though). Most of them just look like overly detailed copies of the original Pokémon with spikes sticking out everywhere (Just take a look at Garchomp's. Gives me another reason to hate him). Despite Ampharos' Mega evo, it's just not worth all the mega evos that I don't like.

15. Ampharos is like the new mega at the moment i use it all da time :3 so does my friends and pretty much everyone....BTW DAT HAIR THOUGH...AWESOME

16. REALLY? i actually like the hair..IT GIVES IT PIZAZZE also i kinda get how u dont like it :3

17. I cannot see what part of it looks like a dragon. at all. It's a really good Pokemon with really good design but what part of it is a dragon? Seriously-_- game freak stop giving unnesscesary typing to Pokemon.

18. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Ampharos' Japanese name is Denryuu, which can mean either 'electric current' or 'electric dragon'. It's always had the dragon edge to it, and now it FINALLY has the actual type as well.

'Dragons' are rather ambiguous anyway. There are a lot of creatures out there referred to as dragons that don't fit the stereotypical mold. It's nice to see the typing on a non-legendary, and it does wonders for the creature. "Unnecessary" typing, my arse.

19. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

Amphy has always been one of my favorite final evolution electric types, and this design is definitely my favorite as well out of the Megas. Also, its slow speed has been AMAZING since it can take a hit from the opponent and volt switch to an ally, who comes in fresh and unharmed. Also, that special attack... just, yeah. <333

I'm really loving Mega Amphy~

20. FalChromiforme

FalChromiforme Formerly Aurora Beam

FAAABULOUS!!!!!!!

That hair, you must admit . . .

21. I just realized that mega amphy here is unusually slow. Yes I just realized that. I'm dumb. With a lupus hair comes a cost I guess.

22. LOREAL
    Because you're worth it​

IsaiahJN likes this.
  23. This is my absolute favorite mega pokemon so far!

#23 IsaiahJN, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  24. Me love ampharos and i love dragon types so now that it mega evolves into a dragon type i like it even more! To me favorite pokemon + dragon type = FABULOUS. Me like this. Me like this a lot! plus it got a dynamic mane and tail which makes thing dramatic and Me Like Dramatic. i also agree with stellar wind that a lot of pokemon should be dragon types but aren't.