• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Meditite moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheesheesh

I need help with my Meditite's moveset. I'll give you some info about it:

Nature: timid
Level: 27
Item: Mind Plate
and it knows these moves:

Psychic
Mind Reader
Focus Blast
Calm Mind

Yeah, that's all.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Is this for ingame or competitive? Depending, I'll give EVs or not xD But I'll say this much here and now.

Timid is a pretty bad nature for a Meditite, since it's ability doubles its attack power but Timid lowers it. I'd consider re-catching/breeding to get a better nature. Jolly or Adamant is good. I personally prefer Jolly, just because it gives Medicham some much-needed speed.

S

sheesheesh

Is this for ingame or competitive?

It's for ingame. As for [quote author=Yoshimitsu link=topic=6632.msg115748#msg115748 date=1249039840]Timid is a pretty bad nature for a Meditite, since it's ability doubles its attack power but Timid lowers it. I'd consider re-catching/breeding to get a better nature. Jolly or Adamant is good. I personally prefer Jolly, just because it gives Medicham some much-needed speed.
[/quote]thanks for the advise, even though I was seeking advise on it's moves. Also, you just lost the game. Sorry.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
For in-game, almost anything will do with the exception of blatantly retarded movesets made from liquid fecal matter - I don't think I need to explain what those movesets consist of. However, I will say regardless of Nature, focus on Physical attacks and ditch the Special attacks. Added up, you're losing 10% of your Attack from your Timid Nature, and gaining 100% of it from your Ability. This, essentially means:

100% - 10% from Nature = 90%

90% x 2 due to Ability = 180% Attack

The numbers are definitely in favour of physical attacks.

In any case, since it's in-game, I won't go into much detail since I don't need to. One thing of note though is that upon evolving into Medicham, the Elemental Punches are available to you if you get some Heart Scales and take them to the move relearner in Pastoria.

That should be all there is to it.

S

sheesheesh

Darn! I lost the game! Anyways, I guess Jirachan isn't very good at giving advise on movesets. Well, at least my Meditite knows moves affected by STAB. 'K, I'll evolve my Meditite and then get some Heart Scales. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.