• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mass Effect Alternate Universe RP

First things first. A quick heads up to those who helped me decide on the RP, @Mimikyu Trainer Noctis and @Jagson . Thanks, guys! Now, make sure to watch this thread, as there will be polls for the major decisions in the RP! Also, heads up, this thing is seriously long, but I recommend reading it all, so you know what's up.

This RP will be taking place in the same galaxy we all know and (some) love, for the most part, just without the characters we've known throughout the story. The main threat will still be the Reapers, of course. However, both some of the protagonists and antagonists will be different. For example, the "Commander Shepard" of this series is not named Shepard, and is not even a human. Now, some places have been swapped, and history changed. They will be listed now.

The Geth and Quarians: Instead of the Geth being looked down upon by the Galactic society as a whole, (some still do, of course) they are welcome in Citadel Space, and are welcome on the Citadel itself, same as any other sentient species. The Morning War still occurred, but after the first two centuries of the Geth occupation of Rannoch, they returned it to the Quarians, and now usually live on secluded space stations. Many Quarians still hold a grudge for the initial uprising, but they aren't prone to attack each other. The Quarians and Geth both have Embassies on the Citadel, though, for the Geth, they are rarely seen outside of their Embassy. Due to still being away from their homeworld for two centuries, many Quarians still struggle to adapt, and still wear their suits and helmets.

The Turians and Humans: When the idea for the Alternate Universe was initially proposed, I said that the places of the humans and the species of the "Commander Shepard" in this story would be switched. That's still the case. Two others and I conversed on a previous thread over this, and they both agreed that they didn't want to be the "Shepard," so I would. Since my character will be a Turian, the turians and humans switch places. Basically, Palaven and any turian colonies are less advanced than they were in the games, compared to the humans, asari, and salarians. As such, there is no Turian councilor, but a Human one instead. Turian ship designs and culture are still the same, just less advanced. The Turians activated their relay, which caused a war with the humans, and they ended up having a war with the Batarians, instead of the humans having a war with batarians. Also, Humans joined the intergalactic community in, roughly, the year 2028. The Normandy was still designed by both Turian and Alliance engineers, but it's under the Heirarchy's flag, instead of the Alliance's. The incident between the Batarians and Turians was due to the Turians pushing for more colonies in the areas near the border between the Traverse and the Terminus Systems. The Turians do not isolate biotics into the Cabal units anymore, the Cabals are now an optional unit.

Volus: In the games, the Volus and Turian Heirarchy were closely-knit. Here, instead of it being with the Turians, the Volus are closely-knit with the Humans, instead.

Krogan: The Genophage still exists. However, instead of Turians and Salarians being the focus of the Krogan's hatred, it is now Asari and Salarians, because neither the Humans nor Turians were even capable of space travel during that time.

Asari: Nothing new, except that they took the Turian's place in using the Genophage.

Batarians: The Batarians are mostly the same, except they went to war with the Turians instead of the Humans, so there is a bit of bad blood between the two.

Cans and Can Not's:
1. No characters used in the games, or any other official piece of Mass Effect media.
2. You can have up to three OC's. I will control any story-essential characters that are not controlled by someone else. (Story essential OC's like Anderson and Nihlus's replacements don't count against your OC limit, so long as they're not used.) If one of your OC's die, you CAN replace them with a different one. They can also be stationed on the ship beforehand as a member of the crew.
3. Your characters can be any race, and so long as they don't break the lore that is still there, we're good.
4. Romances ARE allowed, just don't get descriptive.
5. Of course, there will be a decent amount of gore, just try not to get too descriptive.
6. Swearing is allowed.
7. Follow Pokecharm's rules.
8. You CAN be introduced in areas to replace squadmates from the previous games, so long as you take it up with me, first. You can either do that through a conversation, or by messaging me on my profile.
9. You can't be a class-style like there's supposed to be in Andromeda, where you're a little bit of everything. We're sticking to ME3 style classes.
10. You can have up to eight different abilities, tech, combat, or biotic.
If I think of anything else that may need to be put here, I will edit this.

Story: Right now, it's the beginning of Mass Effect One. The Normandy is en route to a Mass Relay to do a pickup on Eden Prime. There is also a human Spectre on board. The galactic society as a whole has ME3 Style weapons, so no limitations on your weapon choices.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Nicknames/Callsigns/Aliases (Optional):
Species:
Class:
Weaponry:
Skill-set:
Combat Abilities (If any):
Biotic Abilities (If any):
Tech Abilities (If any):
Backstory (Optional):
Training (If any, Optional):
Appearance:
"Alignment" (Paragon, Renegade, or Paragade):

Mine:
Name: Cyreena Sevesis
Species: Turian
Class: Vanguard
Weaponry: Phaeston Rifle, Black Widow Sniper Rifle, M-11 Wraith Shotgun, M-6 Carnifex Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG. Weapons depend on deployment situations.
Skill-set: Cyreena knows her way around each of her weapons, which are heavily modified, and her biotics. She is also a skilled martial artist, and can use her biotics to increase her melee abilities.
Combat Abilities: Incendiary and Cryo ammo.
Biotic Abilities: Flare, Lash, Shockwave, Push, Slam, Biotic Focus
Backstory: Cyreena was born approximately 28 years ago, to a homeless couple on Palaven. At the age of seven, her parents were killed in some gang dispute, and the incident left her an orphan, with no know family. She was forced to live on the streets for the rest of her childhood, getting by by stealing and the like. Once she was of legal age, she joined the Turian military to escape her former life.
Training: One year Cabal training, three years basic Turian military boot camp.
Appearance: Cyreena stands at about 6'5, and has the average appearance of a turian woman. She has green eyes, and aqua-colored face paint found along the side of her mandibles and down her forehead, to her nose. Her armor is silver, with aqua stripes along the front and back.
"Alignment": Mostly Paragon.

Name: Alpha*G-U:17c*
Rank (If any):*Data not found*
Nicknames/Callsigns/Aliases (Optional):
Species: Geth
Class:*Depends, what do you call a Geth who was made to be a super weapon? AKA: i have Plenty of Other types if geth in me, to name a few, Geth Hopper, Prime, Shock Trooper*
Weaponry: N7 hurricane 101, Geth Assault Rifle, N7 Eagle 101, M-97 Viper
*keep in mind that Alpha gets the N7 weapons when he joins the N7*
Skill-set:Alpha uses his skilled pistol and Assault rifle skills to dispatch Quick moving Foe's, He also uses his Metal Fist or a fish he grabs out of no where to smack people when his Shotgun is out of ammo.
Combat Abilities (If any):Cyro & Shock Rounds
Biotic Abilities (If any):Throw, Warp, Stasis, Barrier
Tech Abilities (If any):N/A
Backstory (Optional): *Data found......Booting...* G-U:17c*geth Unit 17c* was made to be the Ultimate weapon made by unknown Geth, the Experiment went wrong when G-U:17c Started acting up, G-U:17c started Killing other geth, then they shut him down and threw him out, now he rides on a space scooter until he lands on Eden Prime.
Training (If any, Optional):Alpha is trained in Geth ways.
Appearance: bad at explaining, here's a pic*Changeable Eye lens & Body Type*
images

"Alignment" (Paragon, Renegade, or Paragade):*Data Not Found*

Last edited:
Name: Christopher O'neil
Nickname: N/A
Species: Human
Class: Solider
weaponry: M-19 Raptor V Sniper rifle, Kesler pistol, M96-Mattock Assault riffle, M-27 Scimitar
Skill set: He prefers to get up close and personal with his enemies
Combat: Adrenaline rush, Incendiary ammo.
Backstory: Born twenty five years ago. The bastard son of an Alliance Admiral , Chris always felt like he had to prove something to his farther. Though he never seemed to be able to be more than a mistake to the Admiral. He joined the Military without a second thought not to prove something to his old man but to be his own person.
Training: 6 months basic training, fallowed by infantry school.
Appearance: Tall, short blonde hair with green eyes, He has a scar over his left eye from an accident in basic.
Alignment: Paragon

yeah O'Neil will be on the Normandy already.
Since it's under Hierarchy control. Maybe as a way for the Hierarchy and Alliance to further their political and Military relationship the Hierarchy allowed a small group of alliance soldiers to be stationed on the Normandy.

Imma be a Geth
Name:Epsilon X389
Nickname: Epsilon
Species:Geth
Class: Biotic Military guy ( I forgot what it's called)
Weapons: Geth assault rifle, Machine Pistol (It's been a while since I've played the games so I can't remeber what it's called.)M-17 Raptor V Sniper rifle.
Skill set: ahtes being up close, mainly supports with his sniper.
Combat skills: Shock, incendiary and Cryogenic ammo
Biotic skills: Warp, throw stasis
Backstory: (sorry if its lame) He was manipulated by rhe reapers as a pawn. This lead to him killing alot of people he knew and cared about.
Apperance: Blue geth armor with Epsilon written in bold black letters. He wears his sniper on his back and his rifle and pistol at his side.

@HydreigonBorn37 I haven't checked the RP Thread to see if you've joined in yet, and I've been inactive, but you're accepted. And, yes, Geth are the best. Planned on making one later. Also, I love your name. Very punny.

Well, since they don't have access to complete Reaper tech like the Marauders did in Mass Effect 3, I think that would actually be rather accurate. I believe normal Turian civilians would resemble those, while Turian soldiers look more similar to the Marauders from 3.

(OOC: I hope this is makes sense and leaves me okay to join. If there's anything that needs to be clarified or changed please let me know, this rp sounds pretty fun and interesting. Thanks in advance! )

Name: Typhon
Species: Awakened Collector
Class: Ancient Adept
Weaponry: Collector Rifle
Skill-set: Skilled strategist, capable of understanding opponents just by observing them. Limited flying capabilities. Leads the collector army.
Biotic Abilities: Ascension Mode, Vengeful Strike, Dark Sphere, Seeker Swarm, Dark Channel
Backstory: Was a prothean commander with powerful biotic capabilities captured by the reapers during the fall of the prothean empire. He was transformed into a collector captain and helped the reapers destroy his own people and then left to hibernate. In the modern times during the war with the Geth and the return of the reapers imminent he was awoken but not the same. He retained his own mind but kept the powers and form the reapers gave him and as a result is now leading the collector ship which is currently hunting for stray humans ships in secrecy.