• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Marvel vs DC: Dawn of the Incursion Discussion

Incursions, a paradoxical event that drags two universes throughout the Multiverse to collide, with each universe's respective Earth as the point of impact. The incursion is the name given to the period of time in which the two Earths collide, and lasts exactly eight hours. During that time, there is a short period of harmonic alignment which allows both Earths to exist next to each other without any detrimental effects.

But once the eight hours pass, and the Earths collide, both the planets and their respective universes are obliterated. The only way to avert the destruction of the two universes involved in an incursion is to destroy one of the Earths before they can collide. Doing so will save both universes, and one of the Earths.

And now, Earth-1213 of the Marvel universe is on a collison course with Earth One of the DC Universe.

Due to the fact that 8 hours is a short amount of time, the time of the Incursion will be expanded to 2-3 weeks.

Rules
1. Follow Pokecharm's rules
2. No-one is allowed to be Squirrel Girl, Thanos, Doctor Doom, Braniac, or Dark-Seid due to all of them be too overpowered.
3. Every Super Powered being has some sort of weakness, obey it. Example: Green Arrow could beat Superman, due to Oliver Queen having Kryptonite Arrows.
4. Romance, moderate violence, and swearing are allowed.
5. Please use good grammar.

Character Bio
Name:
Aliases:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Powers:
Other Skills:
Weakness:
Past:
Family:
Love Relationships?:

Last edited:
Yes. With limits of course. Also, I'm taking control of The Flash, Green Arrow, Red Hood, and Doctor Strange, but I'm to busy to make the bios right now.

Ok, i'll take Batman, Alfred, Joker, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Penguin and Mr Freeze (Tell me if it's a bit too many)
Are the bios only for OCs (can we have OCS?), or for everyone

If possible, I'd like to take Robin (Damian Wayne), Iron Man (Tony Stark), Ant-Man (Hank Pym)The Mandarin, Unicorn, Blizzard, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, MODOK, Whiplash, Whirlwind, Egghead, Porcupine, and Ultron. Damian's my favorite Robin (also Batman needs a Robin), Iron Man and Ant-Man are tied for my favorite MCU hero, it's likely that other RPers won't remember as much as I do about Hank and Tony's old villain's galleries, and you already took Mr. Queen. Perhaps we could not use Earth-616, because of how much reading you'd need to do to get the full history? Earth One works because of the recent comics reboot.

I'm banging my head on my bed because this is more than my knowledge on both Marvel and DC.
I don't think I can even join this due to my lack of knowledge on either series, sorry Astral.

No, THIS is Egghead.
upload_2017-8-1_8-34-51.jpeg

Well, @Eeveechu151, I chose Earth-616 because It's the main earth of the Marvel Universe. Is there a better candidate?

Also I'll take Deathstroke, Reverse-Flash, and the Riddler. I forgot to say which Green Arrow and Flash I'm using! Oliver Queen and Barry Allen.

And @Mr Fishykarp, you do know Red Hood's secret Identity? Right? And you can have OCs and the Bio is only for OCs.

Well, what if we use my Earth-1213? It has a lot of similarities to the main Marvel Universe (with a few altercations) without the thousands of lore to wade through. It would also allow me to use The Guardsman (Kevin O'Brien), Yellowjacket (Scott Lang) and a few custom heroes and villains. Think of it as a fusion between the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes TV show, the MCU and the early (1960 and 1970) comics. Also, can I take the Purple Man as well?

@Eeveechu151, the RP will start when we gwt one more person. If needs be, we could all take control of more characters. I'll do a little research on Earth-1213 and see if It's the right candidate. For the sake of people who aren't as deep into lore as us and want to join, I'd want them to do as little reading as possible.

Wait, Scott Lang is Yellowjacket on that Earth?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that it was your creation. I think we'll probably use it.

Rex

Resident Furry
Meh, why not? Put me down for Star-Lord (Peter Quill), Rocket Raccoon, and Venom (Flash Thompson). I'll also grab J'son of Spartax as a rogue. If need be, I can grab more.

Awesome! In that case, I'll take Yellowjacket (Scott Lang), Iron Fist (Danny Rand), and the Guardsman (Kevin O'Brian). I'm also taking Iron Fist because a) I like the character and b) Scott becomes a member of the Heroes for Hire after the battle with Black Ant (who I'll also be adding to the Rogue's Gallery).

I'd also like to take control of the Black Knight (Dane Whitman) if possible. He's a key member of the Defenders, and his Ebony Blade was one of the reasons why the group was formed in the first place.

Rex

Resident Furry
Be careful not to bite off more than you can chew, a few well played characters is preferable to a dozen poorly played ones.

Hey...
I'm not seeing any Spidey, or some others.
Could I join?
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Wolverine (James Howlett)
These are the only characters I feel I could play well. Maybe Miles Morales too? But he's Ultimate Universe, and this is Earth-616...

Well, you'll have to ask @AstralDarkrai37. But in the context of 1213, Miles wouldn't work. Peter and Wolvey would, but Spider-Man would be a Second Class Avenger as well as an independent super hero and Logan would be working with the X-Men.

That's how I was planning it. Of course, Logan could always be on one of his 'self discovery' missions. Alone.
So sed. I cri everytim.
Wait... has no one selected the Hulk? Or Captain America?

Rex

Resident Furry
Actually, as of the end of Battleworld, Miles Morales and his family made the transition to the mainline Marvel universe. Miles' Spider-Man patrols New York City, while Peter's Spider-Man acts globally. Of course, that's mainline Marvel and not this particular fanon, so Eeveechu's word is law in this instance.

Which is pretty crazy since it should be Astral's word is law xD
But yeah, I guess on the Marvel side it's what I say goes. Oh, and if you guys want I can compile a list of the Avengers and Defenders of Earth-1213.

So... I'll take Pete, Wolvy, and Cap.
Hulk is a bit too op for my likeness, so I'll avoid him.
(Wolverine is pretty op too...so is Spidey... huh...)
Can I use my Spider-Man like he's portrayed in the MCU?

I'll post soon, I'm just trying to figure out how to insert Batman into this without interrupting the current Jason Todd, Batgirl, Damien and Riddler arc that's happening

Well, pretty much, yeah. Except Tony doesn't take Peter under his wing until he recruits Peter as part of the Second Class Initiative. Also you can put down Peter's classic villains like Goblin, Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro and Rhino.

Rex

Resident Furry
In my post, I'm mostly referencing stuff from mainline Marvel, specifically Flash joining the team and the planet of the Symbiotes, the Guardian's participation in Civil War II, and the events of the Grounded story arc. At this point in time, the Team in the mainline continuity would have included Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Venom, Kitty Pryde, and Ben Grimm, with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) occasionally traveling along with them. I've gone off the rails by putting Peter/Rocket/Flash together, leaving the other guardians for others to play should they so desire. I've tried to mostly keep things vague so I don't accidentally step on anyone's toes, but do let me know if I'm going off the rails for your canon, Eeveechu.

Well, it works I guess. The Guardians do exist in Earth-1213, and Agent Venom does join them at the end of A3. Before the Guardians, though, Flash was a member of Doctor Strange's Defenders. Neither of the Civil Wars ever happened, but there was an Avengers vs Defenders war insinuated by Dormammu and Loki. It's close to a Civil War, I guess. The Grounded story arc... I have no idea what that is. But the Guardians could have been fractured by the Skrulls in A4, so separating and stuff is entirely possible.

Okay. So I'll have
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Wolverine (James Howlett)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Green Goblin (Harry Osborne)
Dock Ock (Otto Octavius)
Sandman (Flint Marco)
Hobgoblin (Ned Leeds)

Using Harry instead of Norman is cool, right?

But in this universe Kitty never met Quill, and Danvers is part of the Second Class Avengers Initiative I was talking about just a while back. So they wouldn't be out with the Guardians.

Green Goblin (Harry Osborn)
Using Harry instead of Norman is cool, right?
Um... Harry's not a villain in 1213. He may have tried putting on the Goblin suit once, seeking revenge on Spidey, but stayed away from it. He's actually become a super hero of sorts, operating in Queens. I don't have a new name for him yet, though, so feel free to make one up. One thing's for sure, though - Harry distanced himself from the Goblin as MUCH as he could, even if he does use some of his father's tech. After your father tries to kill you for giving his worst enemy a hand, you tend to not care that much about family ties...

But in this universe Kitty never met Quill, and Danvers is part of the Second Class Avengers Initiative I was talking about just a while back. So they wouldn't be out with the Guardians.
Well since it's your own entire backstory we all need to keep by, couldn't we just make it some nondescript random earth? So we can all make up the backstory

Rex

Resident Furry
That's fine, I'll change the Secret Avengers reference with Venom to Defenders, and I never really liked Kitty or Ben as part of the team anyway. You'll have to forgive me, the Guardians are my little corner of the Marvel universe, so I've been keeping up with them as best as possible. I never specifically stated WHAT shot down CITT, so Skrulls work. Changing the references to Carol is a bit harder. Is it possible she could have known and been friends with the Guardians even if she didn't adventure with them? If not, I'll rewrite that part of the post to explicitly mention the Guardians fighting Skrull instead.