• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mario & Sonic Events list revealed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This was revealed a few days back but I only just read the article. Did all of the events people wanted to see get into it?

Quoted from http://wii.ign.com/articles/823/823395p1.html:
September 27, 2007 - SEGA has disclosed the full list of events Mario and Sonic will be competing in this holiday season in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. The tie-in for the Beijing 2008 Olympics will be the first time the Nintendo and SEGA mascots have appeared in a game together.

Mario and Sonic will settle their differences with:

* Fencing
* Archery
* Shooting - Skeet
* Gymnastics - Trampoline
* Gymnastics - Vault
* Field - High Jump
* Field - Pole Vault
* Field - Long Jump
* Field - Triple Jump
* Field - Javelin Throw
* Field - Hammer Throw
* Rowing - Single Sculls
* Table Tennis - Singles
* Aquatics - 100m Freestyle
* Aquatics - 4x100m Freestyle
* Track - 110m and 400m Hurdles
* Track - 4x100m Relay
* Track -100m and 400m

Players will be able to choose from 16 characters -- eight from Nintendo's camp and eight from SEGA's. Characters will be divided into four different abilities. For example, Sonic and Yoshi both have speed, Knuckles and Bowser have power, Peach and Tails have technical ability, and Mario and Amy are all-around athletes.

There will be a Circuit mode where players can either follow a pre-determined series of events or design their own circuit. A single-player Mission mode is available for lone training. Trivia, quizzes, and mini-games will provide insight into the history of the Olympics.

Some of the previous videos gave these details away. This game is getting DS and Wii releases, but me thinks I'll just go for the Wii version. Either way, it'll be a good multiplayer to have since Wii Sports has already been played to death around here (and everywhere else I've gone with a Wii handy).