• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mario or Sonic

Who's better, Mario or Sonic?

• Both

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Both

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
I'm going to have to say Sonic. Mario is ok... But I grew up on Sonic games... And whoever said the Mario franchise didn't die with Super Mario Galaxy has a problem... If you ask me, both series should have been finished after they released Shadow the Hedgehog and Luigi's Haunted Mansion.... Either way, people who want to talk about which character is more realistic, chose the wrong two characters to compare. Niether is remotely realistic in any way. Plus, you can't say Sonic is overpowered, because in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, they toned down the Sonic cast quite a bit so that the Mario Cast could keep up. Sonic wins, sorry Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic has always been a favorite of mine ever since I first played sonic adventures 2 for GameCube. But I agree with Flares opinion between Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. Also realistic? Sonics a talking hedgehog that can travel at the speed of light. While, Mario's a plumber that grows/gains special abilities by eating/finding mushrooms and flowers.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I seriously question why some people think the Mario series died after Galaxy. I mean, are you kidding me? Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were amazing in my opinion. They brought an exhilarating platforming experience that I hadn't felt since 64, and the environments and music were some of the best I've seen and heard out of a Mario title, or any Nintendo title at all.
Of course, this topic isn't about that, this is about Mario vs Sonic, and I'll say without hesitation that I pick Mario, and I will always pick Mario. I grew up on his games, and I didn't even know who Sonic was until I was around 10. By that point, I was too engrossed in the Mario games to have my mind changed, and the games Sonic was in at the time weren't all that impressive to me anyways.
And on the subject of personality, I actually like how Mario doesn't say much. That just appeals to me more than someone who speaks too much. Anyways, every time I hear Sonic's voice, I have to cover my ears. It's just way too annoying.

I used to think that Sonic was better than Mario, but now, I think Mario is better.
Mario is a simple character, he can shoot fire and break brick blocks with his hand.
Sonic, is just fast, has pretty weak moves, and has a rediculus fanbase. one of his only good attacks are turning into super sonic.

Both. Mario is slower but has more power-ups.
Sonic has the Chaos Emeralds and more companions (Not just ones in a single adventure, well-known ones).