• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mario Kart Wii Thread

I haven't seen a thread with Mario Kart Wii. Personally, I search Google every few days to look for new Mario Kart Wii content. I liked MKDS, and I'm excited about Mario Kart Wii, too, which is scheduled to be released in Spring 2008.

Best features of the game:

Using the Wii Wheel: The Wii Wheel accessory comes with the Mario Kart Wii game. It basically is a wheel that the Wiimote fits into the middle. Search google to see the thing.

WiFi: Race against anyone in the world, through Nintendo WFC. It is not confirmed how many players there will be in WiFi races.

12 Player action: E3 2007 released footage of the game, and there are 12 racers in each race. Characters are like the characters in MKDS - With unlockable Characters too.

Post any more content you'd like to here.

Best features of the game:

Using the Wii Wheel: The Wii Wheel accessory comes with the Mario Kart Wii game. It basically is a wheel that the Wiimote fits into the middle. Search google to see the thing.

I have to disagree with you. I played some race games with such a wheel thing (not the wii wheel, but otherwheels) and it was very annoying it just didn't work to good. Ok, I'm sure Nintendo maybe will improve it, but I'm not saying it's a good feature untill I have played it with the wheel, and have experienced that it works better then a controller. [/rant]

Hmm, where did you play with the wheel before? I don't remember it ever being released before, but that was before the WII :) I think it should work fine, however I'm not too sure about it either since it's just a wheel, and maybe too lightweight to be any use. If that makes sense.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since I haven't been following Mario Kart Wii too much myself, a question: have they stated that the wheel will be the only way to control the game, or just one of two ways? Or is still complete speculation that it'll be used at all?

To date, I haven't enjoyed a single Wii racing-style game that uses the Wiimote tilting for steering. They've all felt awkward and broken in ways, and generally just using standard joystick controls worked MUCH better. If Mario Kart Wii is going to be another one of these sorts of games... I'm very weary on its lasting appeal for me. As much as I love the Wiimote and all the funky things it does, sometimes it just hinders the gameplay =/

Since I haven't been following Mario Kart Wii too much myself, a question: have they stated that the wheel will be the only way to control the game, or just one of two ways? Or is still complete speculation that it'll be used at all?

You can play the game without the wheel, however it might seem a bit strange. Also, you have to rotate, not tilt the remote (I hate to tilt, like in Sonic and the Secret rings.) Also, with the wheel coming free with the game, who wouldn't use it? :)

*EDIT* Looked on web, found pictures of the Wheel. Here, 'ave 'em.

Wiiwheel2.jpg
WiiWheel1.jpg

Also, do you think I should make a "Wii Zapper topic" too? I'd like that.

Lastly, I'm thinking that they should make a Nintendogs Wii, and the wheel could be used as a frisbee. And on that matter, I'm going to change the topic to "Mario Kart Wii and Wii Wheel". Wait, how do I do it! Aargh! Never mind. kthxbai