• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mario Kart 7 Discussion

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, Mario Kart 7. Who bought it? Let's discuss it, etc. etc.

And be sure to join our online communities. :)

Pokecharms Community Code: 06-7817-5355-7221
Rules: 150cc Grand Prix, All Items

Charms Battle Community Code: 58-1280-8767-0954
Rules: Balloon Battle, All Items

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I figure now that we can use the first post of this thread to spam our various different communities (whenever people get around to making them).

Anyways, I've had about an hour's worth of gameplay with Mario Kart 7 and my two immediate thoughts are:
A. It's everything I'm familiar with, the good and the bad, and the glider is an enjoyable addition.
B. I wish I could hook my 3DS up to a larger screen.

I've always had a bit of resistance towards the handheld Mario Kart games because I don't really enjoy playing 'em on a smaller screen. They're typically pretty fun games - especially Mario Kart DS and this new one - but it's just not the same experience for me. While Mario Kart Wii has received a lot of bad feelings, I enjoyed it more than Mario Kart DS for the usage of the Wii wheel and the simple fact that I could play it on my TV. ;x

Moving on... I'm really enjoying some of the new stages they've made for Mario Kart 7. My current favourite is easily Rock Rock Mountain because it's just incredibly fun to play. I still haven't played the final two new Grand Prix cups but hopefully they contain some fun stages too. ^^

P.S. - Even if you can unlock more, starting off with only 8 racers to choose between makes me sad. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have joined :'D

I love Dino Dino Jungle, if only for the fact it has dinosaurs. Overall, I'm really enjoying the tracks and the neat little features they've included. For example, people's Miis are sometimes sat in the obstacle cars, so when you hit them you have a friend's face smiling down at you. Stuff like that is a nice touch.

I can't wait to race some of you online >:D

I caved in and got it today.
And goddamn the 3DS is breaking my fingers. Even worse than the DS Lite.It hurts me to play. I really need some grip expansion or that circle pad expansion or something.
Otherwise my hands might mutate into claws beyond repair.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I can has it. I've actually been able to play it a lot too. I do like it, and my favorite features would have to be the new cart customization features as well as some of the new tracks. I'm also really glad to see some of the Double Dash tracks come back.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I added a second community into my first post. It's Balloon Battle time, bitches! >=D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
I added a second community into my first post. It's Balloon Battle time, bitches! >=D

Awesomes :D

I shall try to join in a race or two later if peoples are around. I tried to yesterday, but my game was either lying to me, or you'd just left (By you, I mean Katie and Alex) XD

I'm mostly avaiable in the #pokecharmswfc channel.
It IS WFC after all!

Currently unlocking characters which is harder than expected.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't promise to be available at a specific time, but do you guys want to try planning a Mario Kart 7 gaming session?

I also agree with Fuman that dropping into the #pokecharmswfc chat channel is probably the best option. That chat could certainly use some new discussion...

I'm available at most times. Checking the IRC every now and then.
Unlocked all characters now. Not really sure what to do now. Maybe finish 50 and 100CC. Not sure what for though.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I may drop by #pokecharmswfc later then to see if anyone is around :D

I have to say though, after racing Havak and one of his mates, I think I fail at Mario Kart. I blame being distracted by Super Pokemon Rumble... need more practice! XD

Game is pretty good, got it myself as well. I really like the comeback of coins, and having parts unlocked + having parts randomly unlocked really gives the game variety, so no two adventures are the same (if you reset your data that is).

I myself am still trying to get the B-Dasher. I just got three stars and have about 2600 coins but still haven't gotten it, lol. Though I do have the Bruiser, Soda Jet, Pipe Frame, and Blue Seven.

I'll add the communities to my favorites list.

If anyone wants to add on 3DS, feel free to ask me on IRC or something. (: