• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Manyula, Manene, and Usohachii Revealed (Spoilers)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/DS/dp/cryptimon.php

So... What do ya think?

As I've said at Pokeschool, I'm not overly impressed by any of the three, but they're not so bad. Manene is probably the worst of the trio (damn Skitty legs), but Usohachii is kinda cute... As for Manyula, I think it's pretty fair. For being Sneasel's evolution it looks way too similar - not to mention that Sneasel looks better. At least Manyula will give Sneasel the stat-boost its needed for so long (or so I'd hope).

[I don't know I think there alright. I never expected usohachi to look like that it kinda looks like some alien plant but it is cute. I think manyula looks cool I love that fan thing on its head. for manene I don't like it either not for its legs but because it just doesn't look right to me for some reason. I think diamond/pearl is going to be like gold/silver with many pokemon that are related to older generations not saying its a bad thing.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Nintendo must die. X_X

Okay. Usohachi is nifty. Pretty much what I expected of a Sudowoodo pre-evo. ^_^; Manene... I did NOT expect what may be a Mr. Mime pre-evolution, but, eh, It seems to be another pink freak, and I don't like those.

As for Manyula... Well... I don't like it one bit.

I LOVE Nyura, and I think that this... bastardization of an evolution (looks more like an armor digivolution, or, well, like Nyura trying to dress up as a Hitmonchan and failing miserably. X_X)
Kinda looks bratty, too. Although I like the fact they gave it two feather-ears.

What I like more is the fact that Lucario has been confirmed to be a Steel/Fighting type. ^_^ We needed that combination.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
StellarWind said:

I LOVE Nyura, and I think that this... bastardization of an evolution (looks more like an armor digivolution, or, well, like Nyura trying to dress up as a Hitmonchan and failing miserably. X_X)

We didn't think you'd like it ;)

I think I'm starting to understand why Manyula looks the way it does, though. As someone suggested to me (sorry, but I forget who), it'll probably be a King's Rock trade evolution. That would explain the "crown" it has. It may be a step down from Sneasel, but Manyula is growing on me. I don't love it, but I'd train it in the games.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Linkachu said:
StellarWind said:

We didn't think you'd like it ;)

I think I'm starting to understand why Manyula looks the way it does, though. As someone suggested to me (sorry, but I forget who), it'll probably be a King's Rock trade evolution. That would explain the "crown" it has. That doesn't really make up for it looking worse than Sneasel, though... Still. Manyula is growing on me. I don't love it, but I'd train it in the games.

I sincerely hope it's not an item trade evo... even with D/P being online that'd just annoy the hell out of me.

I quite like Manyula. Sneasel didn't really need an evo for looks though, because it's hell-a-cool on it's own. I doubt anyone would find fault with Manyula if it were a stand-alone Pokemon, but then again, it does look just like Sneasel with added bits so meh. At least it should boost Sneasel's stats, it ought to make it a bit more usable.

I still don't really like Manene, i've never really like Mr Mime either though. It's a pre-evo however, so i'll probably never need to use it.

Same with Usohachi, although I imagine it could be worse, it's still not exactly fantastical looking. Then again, Sudowoodo isn't either. I can't really see what use giving Sudowoodo or Mr Mime Charm or Encore will do though so the point of the pre-evos is pretty much null.

And yes, the Steel/Fighting type combo rocks... Just keep it away from open fires. I wonder WHY it's steel though? Those spikes in it's body? Maybe it's like Wolverine. ^^

It's at this point i'm a bit disappointed that Lucario will most likely be a legendary Pokemon. 'Cause really, it's shaping up to be quite awesome and not using it just because it's a legendary could be sucky.

I wonder what version Lucario will be in at first I thought it would be pearls legendary because I thought lucario was part water and pearl reminds me of water but who knows maybe it'll be in both versions. Thats a pot usohachi's in I always thought it was just part of its body.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Manyulondo.jpg

I think I found their source of inspiration. X_X