• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Manaphy IS breedable

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Yep, if you breed Manaphy with a Ditto, you get Fione. However, it does not evolve in to Manaphy, one is born in the waters of Shino, the other in the waters of Fiore.

I would say that the programmers didn't make Fione able to evovle was so that a player couldn't have more than 1 Manaphy in a single game (That's why all the other ledgedary were unbreedable to begin with). But, the fact there Pokedex data says they're born in opposite environments throw a wrench into my theory. So, that must mean that Manaphy can only produce Fione in a warm-water ecosystem and Manaphy can produce more Manaphy in a cold-water ecosystem.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone figure out what the POINT of Fione is yet, though? Lower base stats, no real signature attacks like Manaphy, and it's only obtained by breeding...

There better be some hidden secret surrounding it, or it's getting the 'Most Pointless' stamp for this generation >>

Anyone figure out what the POINT of Fione is yet, though? Lower base stats, no real signature attacks like Manaphy, and it's only obtained by breeding...

There better be some hidden secret surrounding it, or it's getting the 'Most Pointless' stamp for this generation >>

Dosen't look as cute as Manaphy either.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I would say that the programmers didn't make Fione able to evovle was so that a player couldn't have more than 1 Manaphy in a single game (That's why all the other ledgedary were unbreedable to begin with). But, the fact there Pokedex data says they're born in opposite environments throw a wrench into my theory. So, that must mean that Manaphy can only produce Fione in a warm-water ecosystem and Manaphy can produce more Manaphy in a cold-water ecosystem.

No, your theory is right- It is so you can't distribute Manaphy to everyone over Wi Fi, the climate thing is to cover that up. Why they didn't just make Manaphy unbreedable is beyond me though. It may be because it came from an egg in the first place, or just so other players can obtain something similar to Manaphy.

Anyone know if Fione is breedable yet?

Still, Making manaphy able to breed means that people that haven't played ranger can still get a legendary and you can't complete your pokédex and have all pokémon owned unless you buy that game, boosts sales and whatnot....

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Fione is breedable with Ditto, but it can only produce more Fione. >> Typical, for a Bootleg Manaphy to mass-spawn more bootlegs... xD