• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's art

P

Pokepok

Wow Silver!Those paintings are very good! I especially liked the way you made the Zangoose, the expression on its face is too much. :) You have coloured it very well, too.

I also like the  request you did for Jeydis. I have never seen any Toreterra looking that good before.

Keep up the good work!!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@DayU: *Hugs* Thanks a lot ^^

@ aReX: The Pokemon I do in Freehand are as close to Vector art as I can do. I tend to draw in Photoshop, but Pokemon look 'cleaner' in Freehand, which is Vector based. Zangoose isn't one whole shape, each element to him is a vector-drawn shape on a separate layer - that's as close to true vector art as I'm willing to go XD I had a friend in college who was awesome at Vector art... he made me realise that Vectors were not my forte ::)

Thanks for the complements, it means a lot from you with your incredible drawings of the Mods and Admins, not to mention your fakemon!

@Pokepok: Thanks a lot ^^ I must admit I've never been a fan of Torterra, or any of his line either. He just worked with Jeydis' Springmur.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I thought I'd have a go at a more 'sketchy' style, so I did rough outlines and and shading etc. I like it... but maybe he could have been a little neater XD

I

Love the detail of the stormhornet. It stands out like something that is from another world...or something Stel would use to decapitate n00bs with.

The Zangoose, it resembles Sugimoro art, but you've added your own flair and personal touch to it. It looks like it could be an original Sugimoro picture.

And the Floatzel...I'm not a fan of Floatzel by any means, but the pose and the way you drew it have an appeal to Floatzels that I didn't have before. And the shading and sketching, it looks fine.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks a lot Jet! I try to make the Pokemon look as 'official' as possible, so that is a really nice compliment.

Not a fan of Floatzel?! :p He was originally going to be using Ice Punch, but I liked him better without it. Again, thanks for the compliments!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Here's something for LoN_Colossus, for designing me my sigs. It's a Neoshadow.

Neoshadow.png

It was a bit of a challenge, mainly because I've never seen one, or played the games with them in. I made it look shadow-ish, but it might not be overly accurate, for the reason I mentioned. Hope you like it LoN!

:o :o :o

*Glomps Magpie to the nether world*

Love it! I like the detail on his arm, and his eyes glow so well :D

Edit: Just occurred to me, can I use in teh sigz? :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
*Is glomped*

I'm glad you like it! I wasn't sure if it would be accurate enough. The only information I could get was that it had some sort of wind attack or something? XD

Of course you can use the image, it belongs to you now :p

Actually Silver, that's a very accurate drawing of a Neoshadow. The shadowing on it is awesome.

I would ask you to make more of them, but you've never played the games. :p

The only information I could get was that it had some sort of wind attack or something? XD
....wouldn't have the slightest clue!

I just love running into them in The World That Never Was, so I thought "\:D/ Drawn Neoshadow! \:D/"

[quote author=Silver Magpie link=topic=4295.msg78597#msg78597 date=1225744166]
Of course you can use the image, it belongs to you now :p
[/quote]Yay, cheers :p *Runs off to GIMP*

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Random gift for Jeydis. I was bored and wanted some inspiration, so I had a look at some Fakemon. I decided to give Nekleon (Pre-evo of Kecleon) a go (Hope you don't mind Jeydis!)

baby.png

Jeydis's thread can be found here:
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4155.0

Awww hes sooo cute :p

Thats pretty impressive considering you only had a sketchy outline as source. Thanks a bunch Magpie ^_^ this is very kind of you.

...Why haven't I posted here yet? Your art is fantastic! I really love Neoshadow, and I'm surprised you did so well without ever playing the games. Floatzel looks cool, and your shading on it is really nice. I also like your pen drawing of that bug thing...All in all, nice work.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The only thing I wasn't clear on was whether his head had two ear/horns like Kecleon, or whether it was one mass, like a triceratops. I went with the latter. Other than that, your line art was pretty clear, other than colour of course. Anyway, I'm glad you like ^^

I really love Neoshadow, and I'm surprised you did so well without ever playing the games.

I was surprised too, lol. I wasn't sure whether I'd made him too shadow-like. Thanks for the nice comments ^^

The drawing looks awesome Silver Magpie. The pre-evolve and the Neoshadow both look nice. I really can't wait to see more of your drawings.

I can imagine it quite easily in the middle of a flock of Pidgey and Taillow, being a king or prophet or Shah or something :p

Nice!

You are awesome. You are very awesome. I absolutely love you now.

*Hugs Silver Magpie*

You are win. Epic win.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks for the nice comments everyone and I'm glad you liked it Fachion. I enjoyed drawing a shiny Pokemon ^^

trop.png

Not done for anyone in particular really, although Tropius is one of my boyfriend's favourite Pokemon (though he'd not sure why). The lighting is a little iffy, I seemed to forget where the source was coming from XD

The lighting looks like it's coming from behind the Tropius' back.

This Pokemon is really good. I've always liked Tropius, and for once it is in a pose other than 'let's just stand him on all fours on some invisible surface'.

It looks like it's being attacked by a Garchomp or something. Cool!

I always liked Tropius, reminded me of a dinosaur of some kind and I think you captured that well there with his pose. Good stuff :)

Swellow looks purty darn awesome, reminds me of a bird of prey. Tropius looks dino-riffic, if that adjective means something positive... which I hope it does...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@ Secad - It could be coming from anywhere, though from above/behind was where I started I think XD
That's why I drew him really, he always gets such boring poses...

@LoN - I was picturing the brachiosaurus from Jurassic park as I drew him, when it rears up to eat the leaves from the tall tree XD

@Rayn_Shyu - Thanks ^^ Dino-riffic sounds like a great word, lol.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Iffy lighting or not, that's an awesome Tropius. And thanks to your Torterra drawing Torterra has now moved into the "I kinda like it" category of my mind. Maybe I'll RP with one.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks Virgil!

Now a picture featuring one of my favourite Pokemon, and one that I think is too cute ^^

together.png

I got a TOMY Electrike figure a couple of days ago, and one of the pictures on the box looked so cool, like he was looking at something and wasn't impressed. So that inspired this picture.

Edit: The forum appears to be Electrike Green XD

Great job on all of the other artwork, but my favorite has to be the latest one. Just the look on his face is priceless, and Skitty looks like she's enjoying herself. And the Tropius one is really impressive, I wouldn't want to go against him! Keep up the good work.

@LoN - I was picturing the brachiosaurus from Jurassic park as I drew him, when it rears up to eat the leaves from the tall tree XD
Eh, reminded me of the Diplodocus from Walking with Dinosaurs, when they get harassed by some Velociraptors. They jump around one and scratch his legs, so he goes all angry like and rears up like that. Then, sure enough, squish. The rest run off :p

As for Electrike, great drawing. He looks so pissed off at Skitty :p

Skitty: *Hom nom nom*
Electrike: When's my turn with the ball?
...And weirdly enough, Pokecharms does seem to be Electrike colored...probably like a fluke or random happenstance.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@LoN - I can just imagine a Tropius doing that to a load of Gible or something. Poor Gible. I loved Velociraptors as a kid, I remember not liking Diplodcus for ages after that episode XD

@Rayn_Shyu - It must be a fluke, or maybe this shade of green is just a popular shade ^^

Last couple for a little while methinks. This ghastly English weather has to let up soon ><

Garchomp

garchomp.png

I've always loved his head off a Pokemon card I've seen, so this is inspired by that... I just guessed where and what his legs would be doing XD

Lucario

lucario.png

Must admit he's growing on me as a Pokemon.

Garchomp: Where iz mah cookies?! WHERE IZ THEY?!! Do YOU haz them?!! *drooleyetwitch* >:E

Had to do it. Anyway, I like the tropius, which is kinda amazing, since I don't like Tropius too much.

All the art is amazing.

I love how you drew Lucario and Garchomp. Both look awesome.

You're amazing Magpie. Did you know that?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks for all the comments everyone, they mean a lot to me ^^

A Chat request (I think) from DayU, a Lopunny maid. Inspired by a chat conversation.

LOPUNNY.png

What are disapproving socks I hear you ask? Well, they are socks...that disapprove... and kill innocent Magpies.

*Dies*

IT'S TERRIFIC, MAGPIE!

You make it sound like there's an actual business. XD And practically every part of her(or his? XD) body is perfect.

Although where did the sock thing come from? I'm a fan of socks, so why would I want disapproving socks? But either way, I think the only thing it could use is an actual fake number to call. XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you like it. A number would have been funny, although I didn't have room after the title XD
As for the disapproving socks:

[00:13] Daytime: Magpie, I want revenge you Cream hater!
[00:13] Magpie: I stopped!
[00:13] • Daytime pulls out a sharpie and some socks
[00:13] Daytime: But you spawned it!
[00:13] Magpie: :-[
[00:13] Daytime: Middy wouldn't have done it if you didn't give her the idea to!
[00:13] Chibi_Writing: XD
[00:14] • Daytime puts the socks on his hands and draws faces of disapproval on them and has them stare at Magpie
[00:14] Magpie: *Does not want to die*
[00:14] Chibi_Writing: XD
[00:15] Carmen: lol
[00:15] • Daytime rubs them on Magpie
[00:15] Daytime: Fear the faces of disapproval!
[00:15] • Chibi_Writing falls out of teh chair
[00:15] Daytime: Let they smite your heart!
[00:15] Magpie: *Dies of disapproval*
[00:16] • Daytime lightly steps on Magpie in victory

XD