• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art Thread of Doom

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
O_0 I just totally deleted my own post instead of modifying... another case of forgetting how to use the forums in its absence XD

Bleh, anyway - spelling corrected. Original post starts here.

Here's something a little different, just because. This delightful fellow is a character from the book I shall someday write *cough*

He's called Burgan'Rark and he's a warrior fox demon thingy that one of the main characters can Summon. I think I called the race Tersians, but I'd have to search through my notes to confirm that. Anyways, Tersians are a warrior race, that move around and vanish like smoke. They do have legs, but often mask their appearance with the said smoke. As to their allegiance, well - they don't go out of their way to harm humans, but have no issues with chopping them up either. Chaotic/neutral with a hint of wickedness will surfice for now, methinks.

Burgan.png

He's one of my favourite charcters that I've ever come up with. Fox with eyepatch for the win

I'm allowed to second that right? RIGHT?!

Aww... he looks soo cute... in that I'll-cut-off-your-head-if-you-come-any-closer-way.

Chaotic Neutral for the win.

O:

Magpie art ^^

Fox with eyepatch IS win : D

I love how detailed your drawings are, especially with the fur and the designs on the axe ^^

And the eyepatch just screams badass. I can't wait to read the story once it gets written *coughwinknudge*

Awwww, poor Nimbus. I sure hope he gets better soon. This reminds me of the time Nero got organ failure, puffed up, and died. :(

Oooh, the tail and smoke of the warrior fox are nice and mystic. Even Fi wouldn't want to mess with that mammal/ghost, no way.

OMG, sharp and shiny weapons. I love that axe, Magpie!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well hello there :D

Back from my two weeks in Egypt and boy am I glad to be back on home soil. Had a fantastic time and all that, but it wasn't a restful Holiday - not in the least. I took well over five hundred photos, but I figured I'd just post a select few here in my art thread. I'd love to do a journal type thingy, but I think a whole topic about me is just a bit over board XD

Anyways, first up we have...
CIMG5678.jpg

That's right. It's Munchlax by the Nile!

Me and Munchlax
CIMG5681.jpg

I saw some truly beautiful temples, which made the whole trip. The temple of Edfu was the sole reason I originally wanted to go. It's dedicated to a number of Gods, but the main God that was worshipped there was the Falcon-headed Horus, who is my favourite. Seriously, I've never seen something so magnificent.
CIMG5330.jpg

These are the two remaining Obelisks at Karnak.
CIMG5548.jpg

I made a little friend. The animals and birds were trusting. Where I stayed was on a little Island on the Nile itself, which was like a little oasis.
CIMG5470.jpg

Hoopoe. Best bird. Ever.
CIMG5390.jpg

The Sun setting on the Nile.
CIMG5658.jpg

Like I said, I have hundreds of photos of all the temples I visited. Edfu was like a dangerous adventure - my resort didn't run organised trips to see it, so I caught a taxi. It was a good hour and a half ride away from where I was and lets just say I think the whole thing could have gone rather sour. At one point some men from a Bazaar separated me from my group, but I fended them off and even rescued someone else XD

I discovered that I have a commercial value of six camels (Yes, people tried to buy me). It's a good thing I have a fair sense of humour XD

That's it for now, else this post would be huge. 'Tis nice to be back ^^

Aww. I missed yoooou :3

I laughed at the first picture. It's all peaceful and BAM; Wide-eyed Munchlax. Also, you look pretty c:

The birds look funny. The first one reminded me of my dream pet (a fat but cool looking bird named Pudgy), and the second one is like an exotic woodpecker. :O

WOOOOH!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!! : D : D : D : D

Glad to hear your trip was rather awesome, and I can't wait to find out more : D

Munchlax on the Nile made me giggle. It's rather awesome.

Hoopoes look, just, awesome. I kind of want a pet one, now.

The photographer in me loves the obelisks, with the sun behind one of them; it not only looks like it was an incredible place to go, but your pretty good at that photography thing : D

Also, only six camels? I'm worth at least eight. Heeeheee. Just kidding ilu.

AND NOW A HAPPYFISH

: D : D : D ^^ : D : D : D : D

Hee, hee, Munchlax by the Nile. Beware napping, little Pokemon. You could be eaten by a crocodile! XD

The hoopoe is quite a nice bird. What sort is it? Predator? Scavenger?

Yay! *tackle-glomps* I missed you, Magpie! It's awesome that you visited Egypt, one of the most historically significant places EVAR. :D

*scoffs* *restrains laughter* Come on, Cody, Mags. I'm worth even more than that. I'm worth at least twenty gerbils. XD

Oh, I thought that bird looked a bit like a Kingfisher. Thanks for clearing that up, Mags!

I agree. Gerbils 'recycle' bits of paper and cardboard into bedding, and act adorable. Not to mention that they are mucho adorable. XD

Oh, I'm curious. What else did people offer for you?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hoopoes are Israel's national bird. XD And yes, they are thucking awesome.

They're only -vaguely- related to bee-eaters and kingfishers, forming a loose clade with them, according to some systematic classifications they aren't even that. XD

They're actually omnivorous, though most of their diet consists of insects.

Also, I'm trying to identify your little mystery bird. XD It's definitely a passerine of some sort, possibly a desert lark...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'd only ever seen one once before, and I'd always wanted to see them properly. They were everywhere and awesome. You're so lucky to have them all the time D:<

They're only -vaguely- related to bee-eaters and kingfishers, forming a loose clade with them, according to some systematic classifications they aren't even that. XD

They're actually omnivorous, though most of their diet consists of insects.
Thanks for the information, I'm going to have to read up on them methinks. Anything that pretty deserves to be learnt about :3

The little bird is a female House Sparrow, not sure if they have other names. I get loads of them on my feeder at home.

And Secad - Only camels were offered. I'm glad they didn't offer chickens because then I'd have been tempted. Or the kitties. Egyptian kitties were uber awesome

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... (headdesks) Good GRIEF. We have house sparrows fucking EVERYWHERE here and I didn't recognize it? O_o

Yeaaaaaah. Well at least I was right about the part about it being a passerine. Dear lord, I'm a disgrace to biology. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... Now I can only imagine what a break-dancing Porygon-Z would look like... XD

Another fun one, Magpie ^^

PS Magpie ilu ^^

You're dancing Murkrow is adorable...I squeeled. And I almost never squeel : D

These dancing pictures are funn :D

Tee, hee, a PorygonZ doing the robot. That is sweet. I like the light sketchiness as well, as it adds a light feel to it.

What's next, doing the Chicken Dance with a Pidgeotto? XD I've always thought that line looked chickeny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Not had much time for arts in a little while. Those of you whom are waiting for a request to be completed, I'll get to them as soon as I can

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay! More Magpie artwork! ^___^

Life happens, so don't stress yourself over requests. Just do what you can I say. Anything you can share is always fun.

Also... this picture is adorable, and I'm not even a Marill fan XD The background/coloring style really suits the feel of the pic, too. Nice and cheery. Works so well ^^

Woah, why have i not been on this thread before..... Magpie you have some serious skills. Loving the last pic, its like "Whats cooler then Infernape.....? Infernape with a kitana!" :D

I have no idea which pokemon I would be associated with lol but when I figure it out would love to have a drawing done if you wouldnt mind :)

Oh look... moar awesome arts XD

This looks great. The flame section of his head looks so cool. Its pose is incredible too. Looks like he's hiding, waiting for the perfect moment to attack...

Thanks for Totodile and Marilll again. I simply adore it.

Serrated katana? That looks positively deadlier than usual, if a little less useful at stabbing. I'm Zacky will love it though :)

P.S. It needs more fire :p

That Totodile is adorable. They're annoying little buggers to actually draw right, too, so kudos there. XD

I love the fire on Infernape, too. Matches the feel of the fire in-game, I think. And the background brings up the feel of the DPP battle backgrounds too.

Okay soooooo

I have been considering Totodile as my starter for HG/SS lately, but I wasn't quite sure. And now that I have seen how adorable that thing is up there with Marill I have decided to do that. Like TBA said, they are annoying little buggers to draw, so I also kudos you :}

Zacky's thing is neat. I like the feel the background gives to it, and the sword is nice too