• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art Thread of Doom

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

'Tis me again, with moar arts

Firstly, requests are closed. I'm a busy Magpie at the best of times. However, those of you who know me know that chat is a good place to check on that status ;)

Anyway, why a new art thread? Because I felt the old one was pretty cluttered with random styles and old work. I'll still do Team Shots if people request them, because I liked doing those. Both mostly this'll be for random doodles, so lets not expect them to be masterpieces, mmkay?

Pory-Z fanartz!

dataZ-1.png

For RX, because he's awesome.

And the picture below is of course for meh good friend Virgil​

Forgive me for the infringement of Belle's classic critique but..

jdhsakjahdskjnbsd
sdkjdkjssakjddsD
JSADKJSADSAKJN
kjdankanakjnkjsand :D :D :D :D

I am absolutely loving this, Magpie. Not just the awesome Delan-Data piccu, but also the sheer adorableness of the Virgil Gift Art. The shading is just beyond excellent. And the backdrops...oh goodness me THE BACKDROPS are so prettily painted.

Delan, Data and Jepetto are also just so fricking adorable. Delan looks so sweet and innocent and Data looks as zany as ever. I take off my hat to you, good lady. Thou hath very much impressed me

This is sooo schweet. x3 Your pics are so cool, Magpie. I have so much luffness for Porygon-Z, hua hua. xD I don't actually know you, but I looked at this forum for hopefully shiny artz. And you fulfilled my dreeaams.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggpppppiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee.

Magpie.

This is beautiful and I love it and I don't even know how to put it into words :O

First of all, I love the background. It's so pretty and I love the way you drew the grass

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D
NEW MAGPIE ART!!!!!!

This is so freaking awesome!

I looked at the thread and I was like "Woah new Magpie art

We should seriously build a temple in your honour Magpie. THESE'S ARE SO AWESOME!!!

I love the Pory-Z soo much. It's (to me) trying to comunicate some vital message to the Eevee who doens't get a thing. I really love the background on it as well. WIN!

Vigil's is so awesome! I really can't decide which one of them I love the most. So I'll settle for all of them.

Can't wait for more!

I love the Pory-Z soo much. It's (to me) trying to comunicate some vital message to the Eevee who doens't get a thing. I really love the background on it as well. WIN!
Said vital messages are found here: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=6298.0

And Magpie, I think you pictured the situation exactly how we aught to. The wildly flailing arms/wings/appendages... THINGS. Its perfect! :D

The Virgil's favourite pile is cool too, Drifloon looks so shiny :o *Pokes it*

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thank you for the wonderful comments everyone. I love you all​

Magpie these all look amazing ^^

Poor little Eevee xD It's all o.o And the Pory-Z...XD Oh I love it xD It's how I pictured it too when I read RX's fic :3

Spinda's, 'Floon, and Politoad are adorable :) You draw amazing backgrounds too :'D I think the eyes look fine :)

Zacky's Infernape

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
:D Smexy Infernape! SQEEE! *random sounds of an excited and happy monkey*

Uber awesome! I love the pose and the katana. Tis pure win!*random sounds of an excited and happy monkey*

Now that my brain-gasm is over, I can coherently say your pics of Data and Virgil are great too.

Yay Magpie Art!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I love you :'D As Carmen said, that is truly adorable. Thanks for this ^_^

ohmygosh!
That's adorable!

I think the pose and expression on Misdreavus is just win xD

Also, the Magpie Egg is awesome ^^

Zacky's picture is really neat! The shading, and the sunset and just everything about it is awesomely drawn.
I like how the Infernape has a sword :}

As everybody said, Sem's picture is adorable :v
Mime Jr. is my favorite of all, he's so cute and I love his shading so much it's not even funny. The music notes are a nice little addition to the picture, good idea. Misdreavus also looks awesome.

M'lady, thou hath achieved pure, unrefined win. The Sableye, the music player..the flaming monkey with a katana oh good golly gosh wow and the shading and background effeccctttssss! I am in awe, completely and utterly in love, and if I wasn't already married to Sami, Sem and Belle in chat I would marry you too so we can all be a happy family of artists and make uber talented art babies.

C

Celadon

Lucario looks so cute in that!

The shading is very nice on that drawing.
I also really like that dragon kite. ^^ It looks fantastic!

Keep up the great job!

Yay new Magpie arts : D

Your style just reeks of adorableness, and I loves it ^^

I especially love the little crown you threw in there, it's fairly awesome xD And the dragon's all like "rawr i'ma eat you" but it can't, 'cause it's a balloon.

I'm silly. xD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Wow, that's really nice Magpie - I'm guessing the dragon, being pure white, is the Stardust Dragon in my avatar.

Much appreciated, a nice present for my 21st. :p

Aww...KoL is so awesome! I love the expression on that Lucario's face and the little crown.

However, it still looks like it could easily kick rear. Cute+deadly=amazing!

Dude, I would do anything for a balloon like that. It looks so cool!

Ffffffffffff that lucario is so cool :D

He looks like he's heading to KoL's party of PINGAS and MAI BOI! I would so totally go with that Lucario

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was waiting for this! Katie was wondering where the Magpie artwork had gone off to XD

How I didn't notice this thread sooner I don't know, but the collection you have going so far is wonderful, Magpie. ^^

I love how happy and relaxed the Spinda/Drifloon/Politoed and Sableye/Misdreavus/Mime Jr. group shots. The expressions you captured really put a smile on my face. They're so adorable! XD
The birthday pic for KoL is really cute, too (the detail with the balloon amuses me because it's so small but looks really good), and I love your crazed Porygon Z. As for the Infernape... Total smex. That thing just looks right with a katana x3

The soft coloring and shading you have going on with most of these pics is great for building the mood of the images, and the sharper colors for the Infernape do it the same justice in a different way. For doodles, I can feel the attention you put into these pics and really love the finished results.

Can't wait to see more, Magpie ;D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Wow, that's really nice Magpie - I'm guessing the dragon, being pure white, is the Stardust Dragon in my avatar.

Not a clue. I just tried to remember what certain Dragons looked like from back when I watched the show and it turned out like it did. But it shall be Stardust. Just because XD

Thanks for all the awesome comments everyone. I love you all >

Oh well, enough of me ranting in my art thread ;P

'Tis my grandma's birthday tomorrow, so I've made her my yearly card. Me, mum and Grandma went to see the Lion king in London and it was awesome. Hence the musical goodness. Scanner raped it, the usual. In my traditional messy style.

lionking.png

Have a couple of other works in the making, but that's all for now. Also, note to self: clean scanner XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Also: Other works? Does this mean more Magpie art? O:

Why yes. Yes it does *points down* ;P

cody-1.png

You know, Aipom looks rather scary when drawn with weapons. I think it's the large eyes and manic grin. Also, large ears are large >>;

Codypom = Winsauce.

Agreed, he does look like a bit of a maniac... buuuuut then thats realistic, right? :D

Magpie, I love the way you draw. So very much. I love the shading on the Lion King picture, the jumping creatures (not sure what they're called :p) look so pretty and I love them

whyyyyyyy haven't I spammed you with love earlier, Fernus? D:
These are so cute, I really love your style, and I really adore the first two pictures~
Delan is such a sweetheart, the poor dear, and your depiction of Peetus is absolutely lulzy, I love it :V
The birthday gifts you make for people are always so thoughtful, and I really love the dragon-on-a-leash in the gift you made for KoL

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Aipom's tail wrapping around the tree is pretty much perfect. Most of the time I wonder how Aipom can actually hold stuff with its hand, since it always looks like it doesn't really have fingers, but on yours I can see fingers and that makes me happy

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Epic win on the Codypom! The best/worst part is how natural that looks! That big happy go lucky smile combined with a golden axe is definitely the best/worst thing around. Oh the lulz!

Then we have Middy's Sneasel looking like its about to attack the peacefully sleeping Houndoom. Houndoom is probably dreaming about murder and Sneasel is jealous ^^.

Oh my god...This is the most beautiful thing I've EVER seen! Who knew Dark types could end up so cute?

I beg for more of your fantabulous work...I will die if I don't!