• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Lady Carmen said:
Yay! Magpie is back ♥

I second this! :D

This turned out great, Magpie. I've always loved this boxed-style you've developed, and this guy worked very well within it. I love how his spear-arm is sticking outside the frame of the pic, and the coloring is very nice. I'm equally loving the description you included with the Pokemon. It's really cute and gives me an idea of what sort of fellow he is. ^^

Looking forward to seeing images of your other Unova Pokemon, assuming you draw more. ;D

Aww. I have to start stalking this thread because the portraits are very cute. I hope I wouldn't go away next week so I could see more of this awesome art.

Hyacklaghle Magpie ♥

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeee he's so shiny <33 The shading is so great as usual and mrkejnrkdm I just love him so much :'D The concept is, like, the most adorable PokeMon backstory ever and hyaagghhh I love it, you, and your arttssssss ♥

... ♥

Sagramore is just epicute! The shading is really nice, and your style of art is perfect for drawing such a fancy creature :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

It's always nice to see you arting again, Magpie. :3

I've always been a big fan of your art style, as it's very unique and interesting, particularly your color and shading techniques. Much like Katie, I also enjoy how you have them breaking out of the boxes that you draw them in. :> Also, I like the inclusion of a fellow knight. :'D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

D'awwwww thankies everyone. I love you all :'D

Moar stuffs~

Eos.png

The second Unova Pokemon to join my team is Eos the Hydreigon. Eos (Bringer of the dawn), is obviously a bit of a jokey name, because she is actually the bringer of DOOM AND DESTRUCTION. Anyways, Eos is a rather calculating and cunning Pokemon who tends to get on rather well with good old Empire the Weavile. Together, they create all sorts of evil plans and mischiefs. Aside from the dark demeanour, she is actually a pleasant enough character, so long as you don't make her mad :D

And, these totally don't belong here, but I'm not going to make a sprite thread just for two things :V

Escavalier-1.png
Hydreigon.png

I really love the back sprites from Gen IV, and even though I love the full body sprites from Gen V, I miss the old versions. So I made one for Escavalier and Hydreigon. Please note that I'm not a spriter, so there will be all sorts of mistakes. Escavalier was easy enough because all I did was copy the pose from Gen V, but Hydreigon was evil. Those wings wouldn't fit, so I had to re-pose her. I really can't sprite, but I'm honestly proud of these, so be nice :p

Eos looks so mysterious and well shaded. I like how she has her wings covering most of her face, except for the evil, reddish eye. All of your portraits are really nice and well shaded Magpie. ^^ I just ahppen to like Eos the best.

The back sprites are also very awesome. ^^ Did you make them from scratch? If you did, great job! They are perfect, the shading is nice, and the poses are awesome~! Great job!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thankies, I think Eos is one of my favourites too ♥

Escavalier was mostly just traced (aka, I took his Gen V sprite and made it larger, then traced over with the pencil tool to make it look like he was always that size. Then I coloured him and what not. Hydreigon however, is mostly scratched and it took me foooooooooooorever XD

Wow Silver Magpie!
I love all your artwork <33! Your artwork is so detailed! :DD I am very fond of your picture of Eos it looks tremendous!! She looks so evil. :> I also love all the detail you put into that picture!
The backsprites look very good! Hydreigon's looks offical if I must say so myself.
I can't wait to see more TREMENDOUS artwork! :DD

Shaymin ~*

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Silver Magpie said:
I really can't sprite

That right there is bull. :V Those are awesome sprites :3

Also, I love, love, love the shading on Eos. She just looks so dark and mysterious and intense. >: D Also, her snout reminds me of that of Charizard. ;3 And the glowing eyes are an awesome touch.

Wow! I'm starting to like Hydreigons. I might even use one as part of my team on Black. And it's all thanks to this drawing. Also, those sprites look so good, they're almost like official. Eos's eye... <333333

Ok Magpie first things first you can too sprite D:< Those sprites are amaaazing and a lot better than I could do xD

You've made Escavalier and Hydreigon so awesome~ I love how your Escavalier has a favour tied on its jousting pole! (I also wanted to put 'sir' in my one's name but it would mean shortening the name to Percy which isn't very knight-like D:)

Hydreigon - you have made it look so amazingly awesome and not like a digimon like it usually does (joking.)

Eos...reminds me of Eoraptor, one of the first true dinosaurs. I must say, the pose is dramatic and the art nicely sketchy. It hardly looks computer made.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

D'awwww ♥ Tackleglomps for everyone~

This here is Icarus, my Gliscor~

Icarus.png

He's very true to his Impish nature, and sometimes downright mischievous, but he's also a big softy and rather protective of his fellow team-mates. Icarus is not the Gliscor I have on my team currently, he'll be bred for Gen V. My current Gliscor, whom I never got round to drawing, is called Clang. Annoyingly Nintendo decided to name a Pokemon Klang, and even though it's spelt slightly different it annoys me. Thus Icarus shall be named Icarus :V

What does one do when one should be EV training her Alphabet Soup Team? Why, doodle of course :D

Doodle.png

Wow Magpie! Every Pokemon you draw looks adorable, Gliscor looks really awesome! I love the sketch, it's just so cute! Also I like how you shade the drawings, they're perfect!
I can't wait to see more Magpie

A yellow pen? I have hardly seen any of those. Where did you find them, Magpie?

It looks like Escavalier is going to go fish hunting. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thank you :'D

Hmmmm. I'm not sure where I got that yellow pen from. I've basically collected various pens over the years, I have a whole draw just filled with pens XD

Oh Magpie you have new art and it makes me happy :D

I love the Gliscor and all your other framed Pokeportraits. Your doodle is awesome too.

Also Eos looks badass. And for someone who doesn't know how to sprite, you sure know how to sprite :o

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thanks Virgil ♥

Hmkay, these last two complete my Gen V team~

Thunderdog ♥

Thunderdog-1.png

That's right. No team of mine would ever be complete without this veteran. While many of my current team will be staying behind on HeartGold, Thunderdog shall be coming over to Gen V, to bask in all it's glory and become even stronger. I has plans, I does~

He's loyal, trustworthy and hardworking, even if he can be a little grumpy from time to time ♥

And here we have Zephyrus~

Zephyrus.png

There shall be a new Weavile on my Gen V team, and here he is. Zephyrus was originally bred for my double battle team in the 'Charms League, but he impressed me so much that he's going to be my new singles Weavile. Empire shall stay on HeartGold to look after things. Zephyrus is fast-thinking, calculated and a bit of a joker. He also appears very laid back, but don't be fooled, 'tis all an act.

Wow Magpie, these are so cute I'm almost blinded! :3
And perfect, as always.
How long did it take you to do these?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

D'awww~ I'm loving Thunderdog's new pose (even if he makes me cry every time I see him in battle T-T). I love his cocky little grin like he knows he's going to troll half my team, at least. Zephyrus looks mighty cool too (pun not intended), just chilling there with his arms crossed (okay...that one was on purpose >>). Loving the both and I can't wait to fight this team. >: D

Adorable portraits of your companions, I love Thunderdog's pose particularly.

One itty bitty comment, Zephyrus' bottom claw (the one on the frame) seems a bit large/blocky, it could use a shaving to curve it a little, make it look more natural.

That is really the only thing, the colors are great, the poses are adorable and Im hoping to see more of these portraits ^_^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Lessee... Escavalier, Hydreigon, Gliscor, Manectric, and Weavile... That's only five. Who am I missing? =o

I'm so glad you're keeping Thunderdog for this new team. I can't imagine a team of yours without him, and his artwork here is adorable. Zephyrus looks cool, too. ^^

I'm with Red on this one. I can't wait to battle this team! XD

Zephryus looks nicely sketchy, especially with the unsmooth shading around the contours of his feathers.

:D

Magpie I never get tired of seeing your work. It's always a wonderful addition to my day scrolling through the forums and seeing new Magpie artwork ^^

And I agree with Katie, a Magpie team without Thunderdog would be hard to imagine!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Epic revival is epic~

My Murkrow Avatar. 'Tis me :D

murkyme.png

A couple of requests I did over on Pokemon World. A Dragonite Siggy~

Dragonitesig.png

And Scizor :D
scizor2.png

If anyone wants one, you're welcome to ask, so long as I know you XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... Oh my gosh. Not only has Magpie revived her thread, she's openly accepting requests? Omgmustgetrequestinfirstthisistoogoodtolast! ;___;

But srsly, all three of those images are great. XD
I've always loved how you draw things bursting out of the boarders, and your lineart is sharper and cleaner than ever. Really happy to see more artwork from you on here. ^^

Anyways... If you don't mind, can I make a request...? :'D

Dewott avatar! Any pose will do, just as long as it's Dewott. You would make my year. ♥

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I think I've already said over on Pw, but I really love the Dragonite in the sig you did. ♥

Could I request a Jolteon on a sig that I could use here please? As you can probably see I'm lacking one. xD

Also lovely artwork Magpie you truly have a talent for it :'D

Magpie, you are just amazing. Amazing.

I especially love your avatar. It's just so pretty! Even since you've opened this thread it seems you've improved ... I dunno. It just looks so nice~ I wish I could do what you dooooo ♥

I kinda want to request something but you already have two requests. I dunno how many you'd want to take. Also I'm just some annoying little person who moans at people to comment in her sprite thread ... do you know me? ; 3 ;

... just in case, could I get a Scolipede sig? Just like ... any Scolipedey sig you like ♥ Preferably kinda sticking out the frame but I dunno, you are le master artist so, um, yeah |D

ilusmmagpieyousogreat ♥

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Wow your art is so gorgeous! Murkrow looks sinisterly adorable :)

I was wondering if you would make me a purrloin avatar like you did with your murkrow? If you are full its fine, I just wanted to ask :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Pfff, you're all too lovely :'D

Tun! :O Of course you know me. ILU2 ♥

I shall get to work on those four shortly~

Magpie, I must say that I don't nearly post in this thread enough because it is all so lovely :> I absolutely adore your style and the way that you make everything look so amazing.

I ♥ that Murkrow avvie you've made for yourself, it is so cute I just wanna hug it :'D and fffff that Sig is so awesome |D

Whenever you get the chance, because I see that everyone else has beaten me to it, would it be possible to get an Umbreon Sig? (I know you didn't see that coming ;D) Thank you so much in advance Magpie and take all the time you need! Ilu~ :3

Magpie makes art again? Yessssssssss <3333333333333333

I'm loving the hell out of Murkrow and Scizor, and Draggy's cute as can be. But for srs, the Scizor is so badass even Spartans are jealous. No lie. I don't think it's just the ankh necklace, but Murkrow has a very Egyptian feel to it. And I like that.

Along with Chad, could I also get a little avatar once you're done with everyone else's requests? Feraligatr would be very nice and awesome and I'd love you even more than I do now(if that's even possible <3333)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
dcjofiowj I'm late huh? XDDDD

But seriously, that Scisor avatar is just so badass (excuse me, I couldn't think of any other appropriate word to use~)! I love how the claws seem to come out and he's glaring at you and whatnot XD And Murkrow is amazing beautiful and almost... is ethereal the word I'm looking for? I dunno, but yeah. :3

Andandand I really want a request too? Pleeeaaase <33333 I mean, your art is just awesome and purdy to look at that I couldn't resist. I want something to do with a shiny Eevee (no durrr); prolly avvie would work. ^^ And like, leaping out of the frame?

Ilu Magpie and I'm so sorry you've been inundated with requests and prolly will be busy drawing everything and I just added on to that </3

Oh that Dragonite sig is so cute...
And Scizor is so awesome...
And Murkrow is so you...

I'll wait till you're not filled to the brim with requests to ask for something ^^;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Goodness me, requests ahoy :D

Hmkay, I think that's me full for now. Updated my first page with teh list. I shall get these done as soon as I can ♥

So yeah, requests are full for now~

Ferne, Ferne, Ferne.

You should rename your thread to "Magpie's Art thread of Happy ♥' because it makes me happy whenever I come to read it :D

I looooove the latest stuff you're doing, the avatars especially. I love how they're all so clean, and each one has its own unique quirks and little things that make it special :)

And I'm with Rayn on this one (and the fact that you're now full xD), I'm gonna respect your time and whatnot, and not lulzbandwagon like everyone else.

Though once you have a quiet spell, I'll probably ask then as its always a pleasure to have something made by you. I'm lucky enough to have something you made me already, so I know it'll be a pleasure :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh, thankies LoN. You know I'll be happy to do something for you once I'm done with these requests ♥

Dewott for Katie ♥
Dewott.png

And of course, la avatar-sized version~
DewottAvi.png

Jolteon for Demelza ♥
JolteonSiggy.png

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Magpie <3333 I love the sig, Jolteon looks just like Jolt the Jolteon that I use on my team sometimes. :'D

Again thank you and I'm really grateful, it's awesome. =]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Eehehe. Magpie drew a Dewott. Magpie drew a Dewott and it's awesomely adorable! ^__^

Thank you so much, Magpie. I really appreciate your generosity with this request, and I'm totally avatar-ing this right now. I love it. Thanks again. :D

(Edit: I ended up resizing it myself because I adorable how its hair sticks up out of the frame. ♥)

The siggy image you did for Dem is great, too. Can't wait to see what else you cook up! ^^