• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Re: Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Come on, Turtwig! Go om nom nom nom nom to the Cubone's head!

I love the shading for this picture. What program did you use?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ! >:0
Lovely battle scene her. Its like one of those stills from an anime of some kind.
Go cubone !

Eep why haven't I replied yet.

Magpie this is adorable .... in a "dewd I'm gonna bash yer face in with my club >: O" kind of way :'D

Cubone's skull/head looks incredible to me, shape, design, shading....it's just...perfect :D

And the expressions you gave both of them is fantastic! Somuchcute.

That Turtwig is about to take someone's head off. XD

That said, that looks fantastic. XD The background really makes it feel like it was ripped straight out of a cartoon or a game. I love how even the skull looks ready for action on Cubone.

Took me long enough to reply. x/

In any case, Magpie, your art is always a joy to behold. I love the way you draw Pokemon here, and the team shots you did for yourself, Carmi and Pheo are adorable. Pheo's party in particular oozes the personalities I've been reading about in the profiles he gave me of them, and it's really neat. Your shading is always amazing and well done, and well, the artwork in general is just so cute and quirky that its really heart-warming. Defintely one of my fave art threads here, please do keep it up. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thanks so much everyone ♥

ILU ALL ♥

Secad said:
I love the shading for this picture. What program did you use?

I use Coral Painter 11. I'm supposed to use it to make stuff look like traditional media and such, but meh - I like using it for this XD

A wild Bal appeared!~

Bal.png

AND OMG HE'S FOUND THE EXPLODE BUTTON!

Yeah, this is Bal as his signature Pokemon - Hippowdon. Hippowdon looks nothing like our lovely Bal, but it has his love for shiny explosions. KoL suggested the perturbed Bronzong XD

So um yeah. Hope you like it Bal ♥

Lol Explosion button. I think I make a similar face to Bronzong whenever I'm training something and a Pokemon uses Explosion on me... with full health.

But yeah, that's funny. I love the way it all looks. I have to say, eyes with colored whites (I think they have another name but meh) look really cool when you color them.

heheh, boom. I always like seeinfgthings explode. Great job. Hippowon looks mischevious and Bronzong looks panicked. Great Job!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

That is both hilarious and quite the epic picture right there, Magpie. I think we all can agree that Pokemon going and exploding on us is quite in aggravating (although Bal never did it when I battled him, mainly because he didn't need to :p).

The shading on the Hippowdon is absolutely stunning, and the colors and textures are terrific too. The facial expression on the Bronzong is epic lolz.

Now~ *slips into shadows and stalks thread for replies* :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Two updates in one day? I'm on a role. ILU all as always~

For Red, because both he, and Ignis the Charizard are awesome ♥

Ignis.png

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I already told this a number of times in chat, but I love you, Magpie~! :3

The way you drew Ignis is just so incredibly awesome, you captured his ferocity so beautifully well that it's outstanding. He looks like he's about ready to go on one of his insane lucky streaks and tear through multiple Pokemon. :'D

The shading and colors are so exquisite, they just seem to shine and glow magically. I love the claw on the edge of the panel too~ :3

[me=Sir Red]runs off to put it as his siggy[/me]

To my dearest Magpie,

You're incredible ^^

I really, really like the way you drew Ignis. It's awesome ^^
I'm also a fan of how the claw and wing are breaking out of the border. That's a really cool touch :D
Also your shading just rocks (my socks |D )

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

In case you missed this in the chat... The 'splosion button Hippowdon for Bal is EPIC WIN. Gods, I cracked up so much when I saw it. The Bronzong in the background is the cherry on top and equally hilarious. That's our Bal for ya. Awesome artwork and really dig your coloring style. ^^

Ignis is <333. As a fellow Charizard user I highly approve of all Ignis artwork, and he is a lovable git. Loving how you made certain limbs emerge from the image. Really makes him come alive! And again, nice touch with the held item. ^^

Ignis is coming to eat me I swear D:

(Which from an artist point of view does make you epic, indeed. But we knew that already, right? :D)

I actually quite like, asides all of it, the way you did the little goggles there. Its always the little details that gets me about your work ^^;

Hey Magpie, I dont know why but I only just found your art thread. I literrally love every single one of your pictures, especially the team mugshots. please keep doing more.

Wow All your art is amazing, I love all the pokemon you've drawn my favourites have to be Vaporeon, Arcanine, Meganium, Salamance and Gardevoir, I love Vaporeon because Vaporeon is seen as a cute pokemon, and the ear ring you've drawn on it makes it look more serious like, and it's really good. I like Arcanine because it looks so magestic with its big hair, but also cute with it's smile. I love Meganium and Gardevoir because they both look so cute with the accessories on them, so preety ;D And Salamence is really funny because thats the first time I've ever seen a Salamance smile :)

One thing I absolutely love about your artwork is that some of the features come out the square frame which almost makes it look 3D, it also makes it look like your looking through an open window and it can come and get you any time xD

Really great work keep it up :]

Love your Work :D
I seriously joined just for the wonderful pokemon artists here *sits and camps out for open requests*​

* MASSIVE GRIN* AHAAHAH I love that pick Magpie!! ♥ it is exactly what I am like, I am getting quite mischievous with that explode button now hehe

*floats in with Yui~*

Ferneypernyhoo~

ILU
All of your art is squeeeebjbs4gjk <33
Ignis is so well drawn and, like Adam, I am so in loooove with the little details on everything and they make me want to do things that I don't know what they arrrrre :'D

So right in shorrrrt all of your loverly portraits and they're all fancypants wheeehoo I ♥ it allll c:

* Tun floats away again with her Froslass~

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

KoL-2.png

KoL as a Lucario ♥

Oh look, now you're as old as me :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

I have to say, the Gears necklace is an awesome touch. :p

Thanks very much Magpie, and Happy Birthday to me!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

There it is! :D

This turned out so well. The cruel smirk on the Lucario fits KoL perfectly. Love the crown, too. Nice to see him as the King of Lucario again, even if it's just for nostalgia's sake. ;)

Still only the 27th here, but happy birthday, KoL. ^^

Eeeee, now that's cool Ferne ^^

Great as usual; I love the pose and the lighting, and oh goodness the eye! And of course, happy birthday KoL ♥

I blame the anaesthetic for keeping me up till now ;_;

Yay Magpie art :'D

I think the shading on this is just perfect. I love it. Happy birthday to KoL ^^

KoL looks so cooooool

His crown and necklace fit nicely. Very fitting of a king :D

I love your art so much, Magpie n_n

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

The picture of KoL is as epic as when you showed it to me in chat a few days ago. ^^

The shading on Lucario is awesome, and really gives it a sinister feel and look. The stance and eye just add to the terrific theme and feel of the pic. The crown and gear necklace are wickedly awesome touches. Brilliant work as always Magpie. -^^-

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

*Tacklehugs everyone*

Sableye.png

Sem's Sableye. Watch your fingers~

Omen.png

And here be Omen, my lovely Murkrow ♥

Eeeeeeeeee Magpie ilu and your arrrrrtsss <33

Sableye are in my top five Pogeymans and the one you drew for Sem is just ... kyaaaaa I want to eat hug itttt ♥ My favourite part has to be the eyes; the shading on them is just squueeeejdwlsmdnjewsd ♥ Luv~ > u<

FUDGE that Murkrow is so damn cute~! That haassss to be my favourite peice of Murkrow art. No shizzzzz ♥ The shading on the wing is especially ♥ and agghhhhh let me hug it ; u;

what no i'm not stalking your threeaaad~

Magpie ^^

I luff yer art ^^

Sem's Sableye makes me smile :) I also like that Omen is winking...dunno why xD

I love how you're not afraid to break the borders ^^

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I love you for always ♥ Watch your fingers indeed >:3

Last edited by a moderator:

♥ I love that Murkrow with it's wink and the shading is so lovely~

You've given Sem's Sableye such character in that picture. It's expression is "Hahaha you can't find me. No seriously, you can't find me."

Adorable as always. Sableye is perfectly mischievous and Omen is very confidant looking I find. Which suits the mafia birds perfectly.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

:V That Sableye is frighteningly badass. :3 The teeth and claws look ferocious, and the pose really captures Sableye's creepy nature. I love it. The shading on the eyes and face look amazing and really seem to give it a sense of light source. The background looks cool too and helps with the apparent light source. Very nicely done, Magpie. ^^

D'awwww~ Omen looks so bloody cute with that little wink and waving its wing about in a friendly fashion. :3 So purty~

As always, I can't wait to see what you draw next~ :'D

Wow, I've really missed a lot, my gerbil-loving friend.

I think KoLly's present it cool. I love the crown, making a normal Lucario so special.

The winking Omen is cute, but something looks funky with her eye.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Lolz late reply, but that Sableye... Sadistic, demonic little thing. It's perfect. Simply perfect. I adore how the claws grip the sides of the picture frame, and that jolly grin is frelling adorable. Great piece of fanart, Mags. XD

I've already seen Omen, but its still really cute, too. You've got style, kid. Lots of style. Always looking forward to more arts by you. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Epic topic revival is epic! Goodness me, it's been ages :V

With real life stuffs and the Wiki taking up loads of my time, I haven't had much time to draw and such. But anyway, here's the newest (aka soon to be) member of my Team, Sagramore the Escavalier.

Escavalier.png

He's a very sturdy and patient bug, with all the qualities of a handsome and noble knight. The little ribbon on his arm/jousting thingy belonged to his love, a little Shelmet. Due to being owned by different owners they cannot be together, and so he carries around her ribbon so that he can fight in her honour, like real knights used to do :'D

The fact that to evolve he stole her shell thingy shall remain ignored *cough* ~

So yeah. He totally would be called Sir. Sagramore, but the game only allows me ten letters <<;

Knight's tale anyone?

^_^ Adorable drawing once again. Its weird how I didn't like that species at all at first but from all the fanart they have grown on me.

Yay! Magpie is back ♥

I really love the picture of Sagramore because he looks so mysterious and gallant, but the ribbon gives him a romantic side. If I haven't said it, Magpie is one of my favorite artists here because I love your art style ♥ I think I'm a little more fond of Escavalier than I was.