• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magikarp Jump Released Worldwide For Android, iOS

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Magikarp Jump Logo.png
Earlier this week a brand new mobile game, Magikarp Jump, was released in Italy for iOS and Android. Today the game has finally been released in the US and the UK, as well as elsewhere across the globe.

The aim of this new game is to raise up Magikarp to compete in jumping contests and eventually defeat all of the jumping Leagues. You can train the Magikarp by feeding it berries and partaking in special training regimes. You can find out more information in the trailer below:

The game is free to play but there are in-app purchases for diamonds which can then be spent on items (there is a hard limit of 5,000 diamonds being the total you can buy). The diamonds can also be obtained through playing the game though, so you don't have to buy any.

Right on time, I've been waiting for this post.
The (almost, unown is still weaker lol)weakest pokemon gets its own song and games by Pokemon company, my life is complete. :D
But to be honest, i feel like the game is quite small and it gets boring quickly even though the idea of making this town where people can get other pokemon but they all use Magikarp and make an own jumping league for it is quite creative but that's all the game about. I hope they update this soon so it becomes less repetitive and expand the gameplay instead of just making them leaping around all day.
Atleast we got a game where Magikarp is the star. Now all I need is a game about Rattata and Youngster Joey, that would be a dream comes true. XD

Right on time, I've been waiting for this post.
The (almost, unown is still weaker lol)weakest pokemon gets its own song and games by Pokemon company, my life is complete. :D
But to be honest, i feel like the game is quite small and it gets boring quickly even though the idea of making this town where people can get other pokemon but they all use Magikarp and make an own jumping league for it is quite creative but that's all the game about. I hope they update this soon so it becomes less repetitive and expand the gameplay instead of just making them leaping around all day.
Atleast we got a game where Magikarp is the star. Now all I need is a game about Rattata and Youngster Joey, that would be a dream comes true. XD

Yeah. We all need a top percentage Rattata in our lives.

It reminds me of an old game I used to play a lot of as a kid: Legend of the River King on the original gameboy

might check it out for that reason alone really.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been enjoying it thus far, too, but I shamefully admit to spending a bit of money on the game to buy some extra diamonds (got the cheapest special bundle thing). I've been saving up for Charizard and only need about 15 diamonds more to get it. :3

I'm hoping that having Charizard will make the game feel a tad less grindy (anything will help). I'm currently rank 14 and had to retire my previous Magikarp right before the final battle of the Heavy League. Hoping to finally surpass it this time 'round! ;_;

this game is boring as hell bc of how repetitive it is but i'm still playing it for some reason

i do enjoy naming them tho... bonch, squart, aquabeetroot, uggles (bc ugly is a banned word apparently), spleck...