• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Magician School Idea

Welcome to the world of Aodes, where magic is real. This world is inhabited by humans and monsters. The monsters are relentless and humans are at a constant war with them. Humans use magic to defeat these monsters and keep other safe. These humans in particular are called Mages. Mages also face a higher level enemy too. Demons, who cross over from their world to ours to cause havoc. Some demons are friendly and help humans. But those who don't and want destruction are hunted by Mages.

There are four primary elements along with a demonic one. The primary elements are Pyro, Aquos, Gust, and Terra. The demonic one is evil. Pyro uses fire, Aquos uses water and ice, Gust is for wind, and Terra is for rocks, and plants.

All Mages have one element that they are particularly good with, while using other elements can be frustrating and hard to use properly and effectively. Very few can master two elements, and it is nearly impossible for one to master three. Four is out of the question, and there is no history of it ever being done.

There is also three classes of magic; aura, emitter, and creation magic. Aura magic is where you use your element to boost yourself, and/or an item to deliver powerful blows and attacks. Usually you can tell that someone is using an Aura class of magic when they or an item in engulfed in visible energy. Emitter is using your magic to output blasts or wave of your element. So a Gust Mage could send giant gusts of your way, with enough force to knock you off of your feet. Creation class magic allows the user to create objects to help them complete tasks, that are made from their element. So an Aquos Mage could summon an Ice Sword or create an Ice Shield to help them. They could also grab items using their power. For example an Aquos Mage could use water that he/she could maneuver the water to grab them something and bring it over. Creation used in this way is much like an extension of the user.

Different Elements of Magic have a different ability with different classes of magic. Pryo is best with Aura Magic, moderate with Emitter Magic, and poor with Creation Magic. Aquos is best with Creation Magic, moderate with Emitter Magic, and poor with Aura Magic. Gust is best with Emitter Magic, moderate with Creation Magic, and poor with Aura Magic. Terra is best with Creation Magic, moderate with Aura Magic, and poor with Emitter Magic. Also as a note, a Mage can use all classes of Magic, but the strength and the difficulty depends on the type of element.

To help train those who want to be Mages, there are special classes to help train young teens. One of these classes takes place as a course in Lone Clover Academy, which is one of the most prestigious schools in the world. The campus is huge, with dorms for students, stores, places for sports and games, and buildings and classes that teach a large variety of classes. Students have morning classes for Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, and other such things, and afternoon classes for electives. While this is not a Mage school, they offer a Mage Elective class which is taught by powerful Mages, and Lone Clover Academy is known for producing great Mages. Despite the fact you will be taking the Mage Course, you will be classified as an Apprentice and not a Mage until you graduate.

Before we jump right in, there are a few more topics I need to cover.

Familiars - Familiars are demons, who make contracts with magic users. These are the more friendly and helpful demons, who are allowed to exist in this world, and are not hunted. They take the form of small creatures, normally things like dogs, cats, snakes, hares, mice, birds, etc. They very rarely have other forms. While they do not shape shift, they do have two forms. Their familiar form, which is their more earthly form, and their beast form which is bigger and more of a fighter. Mages can fight along side their familiars, when it is in its beast form. To have a familiar, a magic user must have a contract with one, and can only have one familiar. The contract is hard to break and is very complicated to break it when both parties are alive. However, if one party dies, then the contract is broken.
Weapons - While Mages use Magic to fight, some still use weapons. It all depends on individual preference of the Mage. Magic can be infused with the user, giving each person a weapon that can be only be wielded by them, unless they break the seal placed on it, to allow others to use it. Weapons can vary widely from swords, to guns, to numchuks.
Magic - Magic isn't used through a wand or by chanting spells, and creating potions, (except for more powerful spells, which may require certain chanting or brews.) Magic is an extension of the user, and requires concentration and control. Magic can be used with out control and concentration if fueled by emotion, but it can be dangerous and the user loses control in some cases.
Brief History of Lone Clover Academy - Lone Clover Academy was founded by a Mage, named Virgil Clover and is the only Mage ever known to be able to use three elements; Aquos, Terra, and Gust. He was raised in England, but after an argument with the European Mage Council, Virgil moved to America, where he began to train Mages. Soon, he made the Academy and as time when on, it grew. The headmaster has always been an ancestor of Virgil Clover.
Other Information about Lone Clover Academy - The Headmaster is named Maxwell Clover. While the school is much like a prep school, students who show promise can be given scholarships. And the same with the Mage Course. But another way to get in, is pay the pricey entry fees, which many parents pay, so their kid can go to one of the most prestigious schools in the world. Students live on campus all year except for holidays and summer break. However, some can choose to stay.

Now for the character sheets. As a quick note, this RP will be based in modern times. But with Magic. Magic's existence is known, but not much is known about it to non-Mages. I won't be accepting any teachers.

Name:
Appearance: (As a note, all students will be required to wear a uniform. For boys it is a black blazer, white shirt, red tie, beige slacks, and black shoes. For girls, it is tan vests, white shirt, red tie, black shoes and black skirts. However you can wear these items and any accessories any way you want)
Personality:
Familiar: (Optional)
Element:
Weapon: (Optional)
Backstory:

And ah, I almost forgot the rules.

Rule 1: Follow all Pokecharms Rules. Please guys. This should not have to be stated.
Rule 2: Posts must be at least a paragraph long. A paragraph in my book is at least 5 sentences. Try to make it more if possible though.
Rule 3: No tons of blood and gore. Small things are okay, like say you get stabbed and you say blood rushed out or something like that, it's fine. But don't go into tons of details,
Rule 4: The same with the blood, but with love and stuff keep it limited. However I encourage any ships, relationships between characters and love triangles, because that keeps academy stories fun. But please keep any of it PG-13. Remember, we start as Freshmen, high school Freshmen, not College Freshmen,
Rule 5: Have fun and enjoy!!!

MY OC
  • Name: Ryoga Wilson
  • Appearance: Ryoga has a slightly angular face, with a slight curve in his cheeks. His nose is a bit crooked, and his eyes are a deep green. His hair is a reddish-brown color and is messy, kinda like a mop. He wears his tie loose, and his blazer is open. His bag is a black one strapped backpack.
  • Personality: Ryoga is very rash and hot-headed. But the boy is very caring about others. He is reckless, and is quick to act. He is somewhat a slacker in the classroom, and can't sit still. He is a huge eater, and loves to eat. He makes jokes and has a fun and friendly attitude. However he can very very stubborn. While he doesn't mind being treated poorly himself, insulting his friends or family, could easily get him ready to fight. He is decent with a sword and very poor with guns. He primarily sticks to Aura Magic.
  • Familiar: A small black mouse with a white snout, named Nabu. Nabu was originally Ryoga's father's familiar, but when he died, Ryoga signed a contract with him.
  • Element: Pyro
  • Weapon: A Katana passed down from his father. It was given via mail, when Ryoga's father died. It is now sealed to Ryoga. The handle is black, and the blade is silver. He keeps the sword in it's sheath.
  • Backstory: Despite being fully American, Ryoga spent a great deal of time in Japan growing up. His name came from his father's obsession with Japanese culture. His mother and father got divorced when he was about a year old, and his father moved to Tokyo. So as a young child he spent time in America, with many visits to Japan. Apparently his father became a software engineer and was making tons of cash. However, as Ryoga was to learn later, his father was in reality a Mage, and had been helping with a massive demon smuggling ring for the past 14. When Ryoga was 14, his father sent him a gift. It was his pet mouse, Nabu, a katana, and a video tape. The tape explained his father was dead, and Ryoga began to talk to Nabu. The two decided that they would avenge the death of Ryoga's father and they formed a contract. Lone Clover Academy decided it would be in their best interest to allow Ryoga in considering the services his father had done, as he had completed his task, and had done some charms for the school, before Ryoga was even born. Before he left, his mother, who was also an ex-Mage, helped Ryoga develop his skills.

Name: Drake Ryans
Appearance: Drake has Cyan eyes and black, messy hair. He tends to create water wings using his Aquos element, which leaves his most of his clothes are darker color due to being soaked by water whenever he creates them.
Personality: Drake is out going and very social, but secretive at the same time. To go on he is a bit flirty but tends not to flirt with strangers, rather his female friends instead. Drake is actually very sensitive though, getting upset or mad quite easily.
Familiar: N/A
Element: Aquos
Weapon: N/A
Backstory: Drake is known for being a twin, his sister: Daisy Ryans, and he does many things together and not apart, this all changed when their parents were divorced when they were 12, he now lives with his father, who was the rich one, being quite famous. Drake does however hate his father though, it being his idea for the divorce, and the main reason why he has no sister, as soon as he would have the chance he would sneak out to his mother and sister, enjoying it with them much more, hearing his sister would be enrolled in Lone Clover academy, Drake quickly decided to enroll to be with his sister.

Name: Sabrina Clark
Appearance: Sabrina has dark green-ish hair, which is usually combed. She also has brown eyes. Her head is in more of an oval shape. She likes to summon platforms and many other things with her Terra element, and therefore her outfit gets dirty and she has to wash it a lot. She sometimes wears a cloak over her outfit.
Personality: Sabrina is more of an introvert. She's very calm and tries to get along with other people. She's more carefree, and loves to be involved in almost anything. She wants to master her current element, Terra, and Aquos, but she knew that would be tricky. She really loves to read books, and learn. She's decent with a bow. And she hates people flirting. She also doesn't like to explain her past to other people, because she will start crying.
Familiar: A moderately sized wolf, named Avaros. Originally, Avaros was owned by Sabrina's grandmother, so when she died, Sabrina had the option to sign a contract with him. And she took the oppurtunity.
Element: Terra
Weapon: A bow, particularly made of strong wood. It has always been sealed to Sabrina, and was passed down by her grandmother.
Backstory: Sabrina was born fully American, but as a child her parents would be going on trips with her back and forth to France, to see her grandmother, who was a Mage. Eventually, Sabrina came to like the place. At the age of 13, the day before her grandmother died, they practiced their magic skills, and talked about virtually anything possible at the time. The day after that, her grandmother passed away, and Sabrina was heartbroken. All her life, she had practiced her elemental skills with her grandmother, and it was hard for her to move on after that. One year later, after a ton of other stuff had happened, she enrolled for Lone Clover Academy.

RP Sample:
"Go on. Speak. I was being both sarcastic and saying something true." explained Raven, digging into one of the pockets of her cloak. Nathan was taller than most so-called "normal" people, and she was at least 6 feet tall. She didn't care about heights anyway, and she shrugged it off. But she waited for a response from Nathan, who was looking back and forth at both of them. Eventually, she thought 'I should get out of here.' But she stayed there, because she thought she could sense something odd about someone in the city... but she obviously couldn't tell who it was because there was a good enough amount of people, so much so she didn't know who was who. She blew a bubble with the strawberry chewing gum in her mouth, waiting. But due to subtly sharp teeth, it popped quickly.
"Oh, that's fine. I think I should be taking my leave now anyways. See you later…" said Raven, happily. She ran down the street that she'd been on for a while talking to Nathan and John, and halfway through running, she turned into the small-but-moderate dragon she had turned into before, and flew away. Raven saw rubble of something at the edge of the shields while flying, and it looked like the rubble of a bookstore. So, still transformed into a dragon, she ignored it, because it was none of her concerns at the moment, and flew back to the street she thought Nathan was on.

Is this good?
Edit: Whoops, two RP Samples!

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Name: Shadok
Apperance: He wears the ordinary uniform, but he wears black shoes. His hair has a black fringe, and it's moving to purple for the rest of his hair. Their eyes are blue, but one is lighter than the other, He wears a black bracelet. For some reason, he has a tattoo that is black and has the form of flames.
Personality: We can say that he is a sucker. He almost never gets angry because he just does not care what people talk about, he just gets mad when someone is a complete idiot, for example someone copies what he say. He is very calm, but does not like to communicate, in fact, it is much easier to make an enemy.He is also very intelligent, and can learn many things very easily.
Familiar: Is a familiar who has the appearance of a small fire, as if he had life. He even has a little body. It's actually very fluffy, has the coloration of red normally, blue when angry, and gets smaller when weak. In his beast way, well, he turns from a small fire to a gigantic beast made of fire, which looks like a gorilla. He acts like a gorilla who was attacked in his beast mode, so stay away. He will attack everything he sees, attacking with raging fire. And, the two speak the language of the demons together (if you allow). So no one understands what they say.
Element: Pyro.
Weapon: A curved Katana, which can be envolved by fire when Shadok wants / needs.
Backstory: He lived in a wealthy family in England, but it was killed by demons, who came from portals. He was the only survivor, along with his uncle, who was named Chuck, who was a wizard. He teached Shadok magic, hoping he would master Aqua.but he was better at Pyro. He trained every day, without rest, and after 3 years, when he was still 10 years old, his uncle went on a mission. Shadok was alone in his uncle's house, and weeks passed, and Shadok's uncle did not came back. Shadok ran from his house crying, it seemed that everyone had abandoned him. Then, after 1 month alone, Shadok discovered that his uncle had to stay in another country, but told the city guards to take Shadok to the Lone Clover academy, and also gave him his katana. After that, he started to get serious, and cold.After a few years of studying at the academy, he chosed to focus on magic.

Oh, and I understood the references of Hunter X Hunter! :)

Accepted, except for the speaking Demon. They way it's set up, you have to have demon blood in your veins to Demon Speak. So Familiars can talk in private to each other, but not their masters.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Oh, okay, Shadok will work as a '' Rival ''. Thank you! This RP has a future, if people like me are interested. And, are you making a book? I've read everything you've posted. Really, impressive.

Maybe, maybe not. I probably will once school starts back up and I get issued an IPad.

Also as a note, the main villain, or first major antagonist will speak Demon Speak. So that's a little of what is to come later on in the story.

Sorry I was ar work. Give me some time for a shower and a change of clothes and I'll post.

Also, I'll be gone for tomorrow too, for the majority of the day, for the same reasonm

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Parker Gilbert
Appearance: Parker has medium length black hair and brown eyes, he also wears black eyeglasses. He is an average height, around 5'10'' and has a slightly muscular build. He weighs about 170 lbs.
Personality: Parker is constantly anxious and a little bit shy, however close friends mean everything to him. He smart and diligent, but can find it hard to focus. He often finds himself jumping into dangerous situations without thinking, he's an amazing strategist but his plans always find miraculous ways to backfire.
Familiar: N/A
Element: Gust
Weapon: Black metal halberd, Parker has trained with polearms his whole life however he liked the halberd the most. He uses Aura magic with his halberd.
Backstory: Parker was raised in a small town and lived a mostly quiet and normal life. However, he had been trained by one of the elders in the village to efficiently use Aura Gust magic. "It may be considered weak, but don't let that get to you. The way you use it determines how powerful it is." this is what he was told. Since then he has never used any other magic type. Lone Clover had discovered him and how strong he had gotten using a magic considered weak and unusable, so they decided to extend him an invite to help study even more at the academy.

One quick note, but otherwise accepted. Gust actually isn't weaker than any other element. But it's primarily used as a Emitter Class of magic, making it somewhat less useful when not in battle.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
One quick note, but otherwise accepted. Gust actually isn't weaker than any other element. But it's primarily used as a Emitter Class of magic, making it somewhat less useful when not in battle.
I didn't refer to Gust as being weaker, but Gust Aura as being weaker

Okay, I figured that out after I put in my post explaining it. :p, I tried.

Also, soon I'm planning on having the bus reach its destination. Probably around tomorrow evening when I get off of work, b/c I have a interesting thing planned, involving our homeroom teacher. So I'd recommend, those who haven't mentioned being on the bus yet, get something up, and maybe meet some people. Hopefully.

Now... Would you be all right with a certain... Gust centered Demon, who can masquerade in a human form, joining this school?

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
@Ry_Burst, I just wanted to ask, sorry to bother,will you edit the first post with the players? I know, it's kind of stupid, but I feel like it gives me a confidence. But if you do not want to, I understand (I do not know why I'm asking for such a stupid thing).

Ah, I forgot to edit that. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, I'd say Ryoga and Shadok shouldn't bunk together, considering they'll burn the place down. Me saying this means it's time to pick roomates. Also as another note, all your personal stuff, clothes, game systems, books, etc, are all boxed and in the room you will be in.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Wait, I just realized we only have 4 people and one of them can't even bunk with the others. Since Ry said Ryoga and Shadok shouldn't bunk together that puts me with Ry.

It's coolio. Wanna bunk together though? I'd say Ryoga and Parker would get along fine, considering they both use Aura magic. Not to mention Parker has years of experience, while Ryoga only has about six months of it.

The problem is, that dorms are seperate by gender. There is a boys dorm and a girls dorm, which are seperate buildings. Maybe board up with an Oc, until someone who you could bunk with that wouldn't cause problems, and when they sign up the OC could drop out of the Mage Class having him get transfered dorms, becuase FYI they are keeping Mages bunked together.

Name: Axel Adams
Appearance: Axel has smokey grey, spiky hair that leans to the left, emerald green eyes, average height with a lean athletic build, and sun kissed skin. He sun kissed skin wears his uniform in perfect order.
Personality: Axel tries to act sophisticated as his family would expect, but by nature the boy is naturally very mischievous and often time gets into trouble for his acts. While he does have a habit of getting into trouble he’s actually a very friendly boy who doesnt have much of an issue talking to new people. He’s very competitive and strong willed as he aims for the top.
Familiar: A raven named Yami. Yami was given to Axel by his older brother who works with familiar contracts.
Element: Terra
Weapon: N/A
Backstory: Axel grew up in a very rich household that were known for its powerful Terra Mages. From a young age Axel showed great potential and was taught by his older brother, Xavier. His Mother and Father were always off on business so Axel was extremely close to his brother, but he felt a slight resentment as he was always seen as Xavier’s lesser half. Axel wanted shake the title of younger brother and become his own person, a powerful mage. Luckily the boys talent earned him a scholarship to Lone Clover Academy, Axel jumped on the opportunity hoping it would give him a chance to realize his dreams.

Also as another note, the way I set up the layout of my room goes for all rooms. You can move beds around, along with desks, dressers, and etc. You can even pull an idea straight from the movie, "Stepbrothers," and build a bunk bed. But I would advise against that one, because there is a high probability that Mr. Griswald will kick your ass, for pulling a stunt like that.