• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Magic School

You have been accepted into the Oldstar magic school. Be sure to get your
supplies and a special pet to keep you company
Get to the school by... next week.

Oldstar Headmistress Astrea
Finally! Accepted into Oldstar! I’ll have to get ready soon and pack... but it’ll be worth it.

I’ll set out some rules right now for clarification:
*Try not to curse or use bad language, please keep it kid friendly.
*No adult content at all, or anything that is like adult content.
*Please try to read the General Roleplay Rules, it’s very important and will help a lot.
*No out of character speaking in any posts, ill create a discussion where you can ask to join.
*Not a lot of blood, maybe a small cut with blood is fine, but not a ton of blood.
*Responses should be at least one paragraph.

Most of the things I mentioned in the rules are in the General Roleplay Rules. Link below...
https://pokecharms.com/threads/general-role-play-rules.123/

Character Registration

Name, first and last:
Personality:
Skill:
Items:

That is all, mostly, but if i have anything else I’ll post it on the discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/magic-school-discussion.18651/

Last edited:
Neken Arrived at the school very early, not wanting to be late, the time was 6am, but Neken seemed wide awake, he stood outside the school, and stared at it, it seemed, Magnificent. he said
"Finally, I've been accepted into this school, maybe here I can learn to control my powers without the belt restraints..."

Ruu arrived at the school. She stepped down from her car and waved at the driver.

"Tell mom not too buy too much plushie." The driver nods then pulled the car out of the school. Ruu inhaled the surrounding air slowly. New environment, new teachers, new friends! She wonder what kind of experience she would get here.

She walked to the front of the school, admiring its architecture of the school. Then she noticed a boy standing outside of the school, he looks like someone not familiar with this school. Well, no harm in trying. He greeted him.

"Hello! Hey, are you new here too? Come in!"

Piper had arrived at school on a pegasi (her magic came from generations of wizards and witches). She skipped to the door then stopped. Something was off. She guessed it was her imagination and screamed at the door.

"Hellllooooo? You gonna let us in yet, or do we have to wait any longer?"

This was bold of her to do, but she did it anyway.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel arrived to the school, not really having a method of transportation, he just walked there. Not that his house was too far away.
His pendant hung loosely from his neck. He sighed as he arrived to the school. It didn’t really seem like a ‘Magic School’, but he guessed he shouldn’t really judge a book by its cover. He walked around, seeing a few people, but he really wasn’t good at socializing, so he kept his distance.

Last edited:
Piper had just realized that the door was actually open before she yelled that. She blushed, embarrassed, and ran out to the garden out front to look at the prestigious plants of the school.

“Hmm? Not bad, but not good either. The shrubs are too close together, leaving hardly any breathing room. The trees look fine, but they’re blocking the sun for the other plants.”

Before she noticed, the bell rang for the introduction. The doors started to close. Piper ran as fast as she could, but she couldn’t make it in time. The door closed with a slam.

“Noooo...” she huffed.

She leaned against the shade in the tree, cooling off. She was late on the first day.

Neken Looked, and saw two things, a girl greeting him, and the closed doors, he sighed, and said to the girl
"Um, hi? I'm Neken." he quickly looked at the door, his eye gleamed, and the door opened slightly, just enough for people to get through.

Caiden was looking around the school. He had never been in a building as big as this. The whole thought of this school made him excited. A whole school of people with strange abilities and magic, anything could happen. Something caught his eye, and Caiden looked down to see his thumb enveloped in fire. Caiden quickly grabbed his thumb, extinguishing the flames. Ever since he was tiny, he had to be careful not to be too careless.

"Oh, bless the door. I'm Ruu, Ruu Morgan. Nice to meet you. Now let's get inside before the door get closed for real." Ruu entered the school.

"I must arrange my room first. Meet you later, Neken!" Ruu waved Neken goodbye then went to the dormitory section in the second floor. All of them looks same so she just choose one that is the nearest to the stairs. No one there yet so she just threw herself on her bed and relaxed herself.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel sped right through the now slightly open door, blue bolts of electricity crackling behind him, leaving an electrical trail that went through the door. He kept going until he reached the dorms.
So... Maybe I could choose to share a dorm with someone. Maybe it’ll help with my socializing skills...?
He sighed. He slowly opened the door belonging to the dorm nearest to the stairs, then peeked inside, seeing a girl relaxing on a bed.
Oh no. Well, there’s no turning back now... He thought, as he entered the room. He stood near the door, closing it behind him. “Uh... Hi.” He greeted awkwardly.

Neken walked up a different set of stairs, deciding to explore a bit more, getting to the Dorms, after seeing the Auditorium, he chose the one opposite the stairs, hoping he wouldn't have to share, he went in, sighed in relief when he saw no one else, sat on the bed, and looked at his belt, and muttered
"Since I'm Alone, maybe I could take it off." he started to go to take it off, but forced his hand back, and said "No, too risky, might destroy something or hurt someone."

Piper had walked around the outside of the school before she noticed an open window!

“Yes! Thanks person in there for the fresh air!”

She used her magic to create a small tree that she climbed easily. She grabbed omto the windowsill and tried to pull herself up.

“Quite the workout, eh?”

She jumped in midair to get into the building. She wiped the sweat of her face and looked straight into the terrifed eyes of the person in the dorm.

“Well, do i have a story to tell...”

Ruu turned her head when someone enter the room. He's a boy with glasses.

"Uh... Hi." He greeted awkwardly, seemed rather anxious, but hey, this is new environment afterall.

"Hi, hello!!" She greeted him back. "I'm Ruu, Ruu Morgan! Do you also choose this room? Then I'll be in your care!!" She offered a handshake. She hoped she didn't scare him with her slightly-loud volume, she just want to look happy and rubs it to other people, mother said mood could be contagious. But if her dialogue was typed she sure there will be lots of exclamation marks, she thought to herself.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel was surprised by the girl's... really happy attitude. "I'm Manuel Stone." He replied, seeming a bit less anxious than before. He looked at the girl's hand, who was offering a handshake. He thought for a moment, then accepted, giving her a handshake. Sort of.

He did give her a handshake, but he accidentally gave her a small shock as well. Manuel's eyes widened.
"Sorry, sorry! That happens when I'm anxious..." He said, his voice slowly getting quiet.
I just told her I was anxious. Oh God is this akward.

Ruu rubbed her hands that just got shocked.

"Never mind, never mind. I'm fine." She assure him. "So you have electric control or something? Then I have something from you."

She reached for her stuffs and pulled a big solid pieces of chocolate wrapped in aluminium foil. She opened it a bit then skilfully use her power to draw some of the chocolate then shapes it into a certain electric rodent, competed with the tail, the circles in the cheeks and the marking on its back. Her power wasn't a high-tier so she could control it easily.

"Tada! Electric rodent for you!" She handed the chocolate to him.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel payed close attention to Ruu's demonstration. "Chocolate Manipulation. Wow!" He said as she handed the chocolate to him, after skillfully truning it into an electric rodent, which seemed familiar. He took a big bite out of the chocolate, eating one of the rodent's ears.

"Thanks!" He said, his face lighting up with joy. "So, yeah. I've got... Electrokinesis." He said, as he did a small demonstration by shooting a small bolt from his index finger.

"Cool! I always want the flashy type like that. I'm also glad you found my power amusing, most people seems to think my power as a kind of jokes. Like that one power an author slapped into his universe because he thinks that would be funny. Well, it wouldn't be funny if these sweets clogged your nostril though." She said with a grin.

"I'm one of those type who one day gone 'poof!' and have power. None of my family was even a magician so me getting this power was kinda surprising. How about you?" She suddenly realized she had talked too much. Guess she also anxious of the new environment, but she expressed it in different way.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
“You could say the same about me. Just one day, BAM. Superpowers. But it’s still awesome.” He replied. “My own personal goal is to prove that it doesn’t matter if I’m small, I’m still strong, but my way. Anything you want to accomplish?” He asked, hoping the question wasn’t too personal.

Piper didnt know what to say. She had broken into the school, her plan, but she had scared this person half to death!

“Um... hi. Im Piper Cord! Nice to meet you! Sorry about the inconvenience, but i missed the bell. What is your name?”

She created some lavender with her powers and shoved it into the person’s hands.

“Here! A gift...”

She sat down and waited for a reply from the person.

Caiden was speechless. For once, he had no idea what to do. After wandering around a bit, Caiden had finally found a dorm room that just felt 'right'. He had got in it, with it's wonderful window view, and had looked through everything. The desk, the dresser. They had supplied uniforms. And his stuff was somehow magically in his room. But then, the unexpected had occurred. A random girl (a rather cute one, he might add) had grown a tree right outside his window and had CLIMBED IN THE DORM. Caiden blanked on what to say, but the girl handing him the lavender snapped him out of his daze.
"Uh, sorry! I was... I was just, ah," Finally, words came to his head. "Do you have a habit of climbing through windows?" He asked in a joking fashion.

"Welp, no. I come here because my parents thought it will do me good to have more interaction with powered people. I don't see the urgency of it though, it's not like I will blast the whole city with chocolate." Said Ruu while lifting her shoulders.

"Speaking of city, where are you from? I come from the neighboring city, Palasdor. I think Palasdor has too many cars and too little green space. That's why I like it here."

Neken got bored, and brought out his diary, he looked in it, pulled out his pen, and started writing
Dear Diary,
Today I arrived at the school, when I arrived I was greeted by a girl named Ruu Morgan, she was nice, but while I was talking, the Door closed! Luckily, I used my power to open it, but she didn't realise this. Aw, screw it, I admit I have a bit of a crush now. I hope nobody reads this.

Neken closed the diary, and put away the pen.

Aspen was lost.
It wasn’t the easiest thing to admit, especially as someone stubborn, but she recognized her loss. She was definitely lost.
She wandered the halls for a bit moment more, feeling defeated after walking around for nearly twenty minutes.
Wait, how had she even managed to get lost? The doors had opened and all she has to do was follow the stream of students getting to their dorms. Not only that, but there were directional signs in the entrance. So how had she gotten this?
Oh, you idiot, you’ve passed the dorm hall three times already!
She sighed as she finally made her way down the hall, mentally hitting herself. She knocked softly on a door, hoping whoever shared her dorm wouldn’t mind her quiet snoring..
Yikes.
(I don’t really know/care which dorm she’s actually knocking on, figured I’d leave that up for grabs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Neken was surprised when he heard a faint knocking at the door, he quickly walked up to the door, and opened the door, using his powers. he said
"Hello. I'm Neken, What's your name?"

Aspen took a small step back as someone opened the door. Honestly she’d expected the dorm to be empty; she was just knocking for safety.
“Oh, hi, sorry, I’m- I’m Aspen. Is this dorm.. entirely taken? ‘Cause I can go find a different one, that’s okay-“ she managed, her face going faintly pink.
Very smooth, Asp.

Neken shook his head, and said
"No, no, its fine. there's only me in this one so far. And I'm pretty sure, at most, 2 people can take up one dorm. So come on in!"

Aspen ducked her head, muttering a little ‘thanks’ and entering the room. She set down her duffel, which had her clothes and school stuff, and her ukulele sticking out of it on the bed, and beside it her small black one that she carried just about everywhere.
And then she hesitated, quickly glancing back at her new dormmate.
“I.. I think I should apologize in advance, I, um- I snore a little bit?” She wheedled, and then started frantically waving her hands as though to cut him off, even though he hadn’t spoken, “B-but it’s not- it’s not loud, but if it bothers you, or something, just- just tell me, and I can try and switch dorms, or something,” she offered quickly, giving a quick little smile, looking very flustered and very apologetic.

Neken shook his head, and said
"Nah, its fine. I grew up in an orphanage, You see, and I have had to deal with a lot of people snoring when I'm trying to sleep, so I've gotten used to people snoring." He started look out the window, the view was nice, but he was thinking
I Hope she doesn't ask why I ended up there.

Aspen nodded solemnly, looking a little relieved.
“Okay- that’s.. good to hear. Well- I mean- n-not the orphanage part, but.. the-
I’m gonna stop talking now. Sorry.” She said promptly, glancing at the ground, her cheeks going vaguely red. She cleared her throat, slinging her small black backpack over her shoulder. “I’m gonna go explore, but I’ll.. I’ll see you around,” she offered with a small smile and a light wave, disappearing behind the door.

Olivia glared at the outside doors of the school, apparently locked. "What? I swear I checked my watch twice when I was running here, I shouldn't be late!" She grunted to herself and sighed. Olivia looked around before suddenly vanishing, the only thing seen was a 'floating' gym bag. Damp footsteps were made on the path around the school. Olivia stopped walking when she saw a tree grown into one of the school's windows. Somewhat convenient I assume? She thought before climbing the tree, she slid down a branch and landed on her tush on the hard floor inside the school.

Olivia froze when she saw students chatting, a girl and a boy inside a.. dorm room? It didn't take long for Olivia to know where she was and quickly got up and tiptoed to the door. She slowly opened the door, only to hear the loudest creak a door has ever made. Olivia was crying inside but still attempted to open the creaky door.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle was sleeping in his little underground semi basement you could say. Then while getting up from a good he checked his phone. "Shoot I'm late!" Kyle said. He put on his hoodie and jeans. Jumping into his sneakers he went head first for the wall. Now this might seem crazy to anyone who isn't abnormal but he was. Jumping for the wall made him glide/fly through the ground. The wall quickly crumbled to dust and then reformed as soon as he passed. He tunneled as far as he could on to the school property where he begins to act like Sasuke.

Piper quickly sprinted out of the room before it got awkward. She sneakily went to the principals office. She wanted to ask them if she could know her dorm and if she could know her classes. She jumped when she saw a janitor, but quickly calmed herself. She speed walked to the office and barged in.

“WELL, HELLO THERE! I NEED TO KNOW MY CLASSES!”

She went straight to the waiting room chair and sat down. The receptionist gave her a funny look, but she just read a magic magazine.

JPSomeone

Kyle walked along the school property until he found the dorms to which he would just choose 1. He entered 1 and started making it feel like home. An organized home is a healthy home that's what the people say and that's what he did. When he organized his dorm his bed was made, pictures were put up, and clothes in the dresser. Life is now complete except.... Classes

(Dorms are boys & girls mixed or gender dorms?)

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Christian spent most of his time before school practicing his little water power skills near a tiny river near the school. When he heard the bell, he sped through the doors and went to the hallway with a lot of dorms. “Am I assigned to a door?....Meh, who cares. I’ll just go into one” he said to himself, opening a door to a dorm. When he opened the door and went in, there was already a person in the room, who had organized the entire room. “Sorry to intrude, but I guess I’ll be your roommate now? I don’t know. All I did was go to a random dorm.”

JPSomeone

"Why didn't you ask what dorm your in, that was kinda dumb..." Kyle said. He was actually glad someone walked in, it meant he wasn't alone. Now he just needs to befriend him. Then it won't be so hard at this school.