• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Magic high!

Olive was just watching wide eyed. " How can you just get stabbed and not be injured? That's pretty cool! I don't know how I got my powers. I never knew my parents, or where I came from. The first thing I remember is waking up to total darkness. " She explained.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Christian was given the same knife again, but he quickly moved the knife away from him. “Look Halt, I don’t like doing this, so I’m not gonna do it again. Besides, if I get in trouble for doing it again, like if a other student saw me do it and tell a teacher, I’ll get suspe-“ Christian was interrupted by the school bell when he was talking to Halt. “Oh, looks like the bell rung. We should head to class guys.” Christian said.

" Awwww......fine. See you guys later! " Olive dashed off to her first class. She walked into her English class and took a seat near the back. She was one of the first to arrive.

Halt lumbered up, and wandered to his English class. It was the same as Olive. "Didn't think to find you here." He said, taking a seat. He was one of the last few to get inside. Halt placed a pen on his desk, and used his magic to cause the pen to spin atop the tip of the pen.

DoggoKing22

Christian looked at what his first class was, Ok...my first class is English, aight, that’s cool. Christian thought in his head. He headed to class, and the first thing he sees is Olive and Halt, “Well, this is awkward, we all have English as our first class.” He said to them.

Olive looked up from her journal and saw Halt and Christian. " Woah, wait, we all have the same first period? Hey! That's pretty cool! " Olive started to sketch a triangle, with rays emanating from each angle.

Sarah had gotten distracted by the schools amazing decor, she hadn’t even made it to English yet! “Guys???” She said. Nothing. “GUYS!?” She yelled. Still nothing. “Pfft, I can find English by myself, easy peasy..” she said, puffing out her chest in pride. Slowly she began walking. Then she felt a sudden heat in her chest. “Ow! Not now Sarah!” She scolded herself angrily. Finally, she had found in English, and walked in, apologising for being ten minutes late. She sat down in a seat next to olive and glared at her. “Why didn’t you wait!?” She whisper-shouted.

Name: Rico Talveraz
Magic power: Ultimate Language ; Ability to communicate with all species of animals
Appearance: Sandy brown hair which reaches just about his neck, shaggy and straight with light highlights. Black eyes with large pupils and tanned skin. Slightly muscular build but shorter than average- wears cargo shorts and a white tank-top.
Personality: Outgoing and friendly, Rico doesn't know much about social boundaries and although he can be immature and annoying at times- he is a good friend and is extremely optimistic and caring.

Name: Gale Lyall
Magic power: Life manipulation; Can cause anything he touches to either grow or deteriorate, must touch the organism
Appearance: Hair is an odd coloring of black towards the roots but white as it expands outwards, it is a medium length and spike straight upwards lazily. Pale skin and frail build with large bright blue eyes. Wears a black hoodie with tight black jeans, keeps his hood up as much as possible.
Personality: Gale doesn't care much for talking, he is a silent boy with a liking for others to leave him alone. He absolutely hates his power and never speaks about the 'death' part of it, he is also quick to snap and extremely sensitive in certain subjects.

Gale's gaze was un-moving as he eyes the school before him, his brilliant gaze darted between people and he fixed the hood that covered his face so that it was secure around his head. With both hand shoved deep within his hoodie's pockets he dragged his feet across the pavement dreading what was going to come of the school-year. His last school... didn't go so well for him, and he was sure that so long as he kept his head down- it would be okay. Walking into his first period, English he noticed that some students had already gotten to know each other, blinking he simply sat down quietly in a seat in the back.

Rico smirked at the sight of hurrying bodies, that meant he wasn't late. Racing up into the school his run faded into a fast walk before he turned into his first period; English. A wide smile spread across Rico's lips as he eagerly eyed the classroom- "This will be fun." he thought to himself before flinching at a voice which told him to sit down. He must've been staring for a while and lost track of time, with a shrug he took the closest seat to him.

DoggoKing22

(It has been a long time. But why?)

Their first class has finally started, but Christian thought that people in the class would start talking about him. "Hey, guys. Do you think that the other kids in the class would start talking about me since I might be the youngest kid in the whole school? Or start bullying me because my age?" Christian said to his three friends.

Name: "Oh-! Hi. I, uh.. I'm Niomi. Niomi Rodriguez."
Gender: "...Are... Are you blind? I'm genuinely asking, because I'm confused- I-I'm a girl."
Magic Power: "Psh! Why would I tell you? Who even told you-?" (Telekinesis.)
Appearance: "I'm literally standing directly in front of you." (Niomi is of Cuban descent, so her skin is a light caramel tone. Her hair is black and very curly, usually pulled up in an excuse for a bun, with strands sticking out practically everywhere. Her skin is dappled with numerous dark freckles around her nose, and her eyes are a very pale green. She's violently short- 4'11- and weighs just at 102lbs. She wears simple clothes- a simple grey hoodie that was supposed to be a crop top and she didn't know, black, torn jeans, and black combat boots. The only jewelry she wore was an industrial bar (look it up) on her left ear.)
Personality: "Guess you'll have to find out." (Niomi isn't the best in social situations. She's snarky and not afraid to talk back- which she got from her mother, who was CUBAN. She's very defensive and doesn't like people knowing much about her, other than her name. She gets uncomfortable easily, especially with the topic of powers, and tends to scoot around that. She's also very strong-minded, and tends to stick to her beliefs. She doesn't stray too far from her comfort zone too much, which really means that she doesn't talk to people much. Isolation is her comfort zone.)

Niomi Rodriguez was officially uncomfortable.
Another new school. Again! For the fifth time in the past year! This was her fifth attempt at being the new girl, as a freshman in high school.
Sometimes she was sure her parents wanted her to get eaten alive.
The past four schools were exactly as she expected; seniors bullying freshmen, her especially, because what easier prey than a freshman but a new freshmen?
She pulled her bag over her shoulder, staggering under it's weight, and slowly made her way to the office, where the woman explained to her much too nicely and way too complicatedly than necessary where her class was. Niomi nodded, quietly thanked her, and left to English, which was apparently her first class.
A feeling of dread had sunken it's way into her stomach. Class had already started, and she got to be the new girl who was late.
Lovely.
She navigated the empty halls until she came to the room she was supposed to be at and knocked ruefully.
Now, Niomi had seen movies. She knew how it would go in the movies, too.
[Main Character] couldn't have been in a state of more boredom in this class, when a careful knock sounded at the door, and in walked the most beautiful girl [Main Character] had ever seen. Her hair was long and [Color], her skin even and fair. [Main Character[ did their best not to let their jaw unhinge, to no avail. This human being was too exquisite for words.
But this was not a movie, and Niomi was not exquisite.
The door opened for her, and the burning eyes of about twenty-five students branded her like hot iron. Her face immediately heated up at the attention.
She explained herself to the teacher, who nodded with a friendly smile, and directed her to a seat surrounded by very different people.
A kid with tan skin and hair the color of sand, who bore a white tank top.
A pale kid with a black hoodie and most, if not all, of his face hidden by a hood the same hue.
A kid with hair the color of stone and bright blue eyes.
A kid with crazy black hair and a green jacket.
And then two girls who were most definitely prettier than her, and a lot more unique. One had red hair and a black hoodie, with dull yet seemingly beautiful grey eyes, and the other wearing a similar hoodie but having short black hair and purple eyes.
Niomi looked down, suddenly aware of her myriad inefficiencies, and simply prayed they didn't talk to her.

DoggoKing22

Christian saw a glimpse of Niomi walking in, but what he really knew was that she was about his age, so he didn't have to think that he was the youngest kid in the school. When Niomi took a seat, it was right next to him, so Christian can ask if she was new too. "Pst... Hey, are you new? 'Cause I am." Christian whispered to Niomi.

Rico, who sat in back of the girl who was late cocked a brow at the conversation that had sparked between her and Christian. Leaning over his desk with a grin that was in some ways charming, but mostly just creepy he tipped his head to the side- "Skip that bull crap, I wanna know what powers you guys have.". Rico's magic not exactly powerful yet he still loved the thrill of competition and knowing who he can beat or who he has to work towards beating.

Gale leaned back in his seat and slouched slightly so his head was where the chair would usually support his shoulders, he crossed one ankle over the other and licked his lips in anticipation. Only one thought crossed his mind: the calculations as to when the class would be over.

DoggoKing22

Christian twitched when Rico asked that question, because it came out of no where. So he then replied to Rico's question. "Well, I can turn invisible, but I mostly use it when I'm nervous or scared. But when I use it, there is a chance that I will get a short nosebleed, but that happens rarely." Christian said to Rico, but he was curious about his power, "What's yours?"

Name: Jay
Magic Power: When he gets fast enough, he can manipulate electricity.
Appearance: Blond hair, black T-Shirt, jeans, green roller blades
Personality: Can accomplish anything when he sends his mind to it, gets nervous when girls talk to him, loves to roller blade

Jay looked at his school. Stay hidden, stay hidden... Jay thought as he catiously walked through the entrance. So far so good...maybe this won't be as hard as he thought.

Niomi bit back a groan of displeasure.
The one thing she wanted was for them to just.. not speak to her, and immediately people were jumping on her with questions.
"Mhm. New." she muttered, lips tightly pursed, making it extremely obvious that she:
A.) Didn't want to be here, and
B.), was feeling horrifically awkward and pretty embarrassed.
And then some kid- the tan one with the blonde-ish hair- was leaning over on his desk with the sloppiest smirk, asking around about powers. The girl's shoulders seemed to set back, obviously not willing to answer. Instead she put her gaze down at the desk, a bored look on her face.

DoggoKing22

Niomi's look on her face made it obvious to Christian that she didn't want to talk to him because Rico and him started popping questions to Niomi. So Christian started to talk to her again, "Miss, listen, it's alright if you don't want to talk, I'm not foisting you to answer what I said. And, if you want me to shut up, I'll do it. Oh and by the way, I'm Christian, just to let you know." Christian said to Niomi.

The girl chuckled sheepishly.
"Niomi," she said softly, referring to herself. "It's fine, I just.. I've never been to a high school that I didn't have to hide my powers. Just a little freaked out, I think." she muttered, which was true. She was a bit overwhelmed at the fact that everyone else here had powers, too.

Rico listened to Christians powers, pretty cool. "I can speak to all animals. Meaning any foreign language, insects, birds, fish, you name I can speak it." he shrugged though he couldn't hide the grin of pride that plastered his expression. At Niomi's gesture's of shyness, he leaned back slightly. "Rico." the boy introduced himself absently as he thought about what Niomi had said, he thought everyonen having powers was awesome- but he could understand why someone would be intimidated by it. "I guess it means we can be more comfortable though, nobody's gonna scream at you, or call you names for being different," he furrowed his eyebrows before shrugging, "Cause we're all different!" he grinned.

Gale, due to his lack of talking, was and exceptional hearer. Of all the conversations that sprung up around the room, the one that went on between 3 people. His brilliantly blue gaze focused on the group of kids before he scoffed and turned around. 'Idiots' he thought to himself, nervous or excited they were all wrong. It was terrifying, these 'powers' were curses, they could easily hurt someone- and then with 100 kids all together with such weapons. Gale shuddered, he hadn't had the best history with Magic, but he knew it wasn't a joke- especially his.

The girl seemed to perk up at Rico's statement.
"All foreign languages?" she murmured, looking a bit impressed. She deflated a bit. "Tutor me in Swedish?" she joked, chuckling in a way that was self-deprecating and a little bitter, but only if the listener were really paying attention. Niomi was bilingual- As mentioned, she was Cuban- so she learned a combination of English and Spanish, but she was one of those people who was never satisfied. She needed to do better, so she decided to take a Swedish course as a college elective. She wasn't doing too well, but she knew the basics- Kvinna; woman. Flicka; girl. Pojke; Boy. So on and so forth, but she was still struggling a bit. She was still learning English and Spanish alike, and balancing three languages on someone without a power to stabilize it was particularly difficult, especially with her constant studies of her own power. She was always trying to get stronger- not for power, but to satisfy herself. She'd lock herself in her room for hours practicing telekinesis, and it was getting to an impressive point. Still, it wasn't good enough.

Olive turned around in her seat to greet the new girl Niomi. “ Hi, I’m Olive! If any of you are wondering, I have two powers. The first is to sense others emotions, the second one is a rather touchy subject for me though...” Olive shuddered thinking about her last power. She’s predicted someone’s death before. She could sense their pain and sorrow. She never wanted to feel it again.

Niomi glanced at Olive with a curious look on her face. She was hiding one power?
She didn't really understand the idea of hiding one power but making the other known, but she didn't really mind. Still, a curious feeling silently nudged at her mind.
"Well, I-"
"Excuse me! You six, in the back! What could be more important than what I'm teaching you?" the teacher snapped. Niomi felt an odd fire welling up inside her. She wasn't easily pissed, but today had been rough.
"I'd say friendship and a sense of security among potential rivals is a bit more important than parenthetical citation," she shot back, her eyes blazing an icy green flame. The teacher opened her mouth to speak, but quickly shut it, as kids around the room snickered and giggled. Niomi wasn't looking to be the amusement of the class, but instead wanting to prove a point to the teacher.
As mentioned, Niomi was Cuban, which kind of already made her notorious for insults. Spanish people always were the roughest when it came to arguments. Some people thought the conclusion was racist- to Niomi it was just a fact.
She looked back at her new ground with an apologetic look, her face reddening a bit.
"Sorry about that," she muttered sheepishly.

Olive’s eyes shined with interest. “ That was amazing! I’ve never seen anyone talk back to a teacher before! “ Olive took out her journal and two different colored pens. One purple, and one green. With the green pen, she drew a circle with a wavy line going from top to bottom. With the purple pen, she drew a sharp arrow, going diagonally.

Olive's words seemed to surprise Niomi by quite a deal. Never seen a kid talk back to a teacher? That's all people did at her old schools. And then she whipped out a journal and two pens and started going.
Niomi, remembering what she said just a moment earlier, took interest in this.
"So- you said you can sense feelings, right? Is that what that is?" she asked curiously, pointing to the drawing.

Rico snickered at Niomi's outburst, in fact he laughed rather hard. What took some by surprise, annoyed others, he found absolutely hilarious. Catching his breath Rico wiped away a tear that had formed from his chuckling, he then nodded towards Olive. "Must be kinda weird, always knowing how everyone feels. I could imagine it puts you in some pretty awkward situations." he chuckled at the thought.

Gale scoffed at the girl's comeback to the teacher, he then layed his head down and groaned. It was going to be a long class.

Niomi felt a little surge of accomplishment at Rico's laughter particularly, perhaps comforted at the idea of a potential friend.
"Yeah.. I wouldn't be able to handle that." she agreed, a faint chuckle lacing her tone, and a small smile tugging at the corner of her lip. She could easily imagine how horrible it would be, and if that was the one she was comfortable with sharing?
She shuddered at the idea and sternly decided not to prompt for an answer.

“ Oh, this? Yeah, these are emotions. I don’t expect you to be able to read them though! “ Olive had finished her sketches and placed the pens back in her backpack.

DoggoKing22

Christian giggled a little bit from Niomi’s comeback against the mad teacher, but he just remembered that it was the first time he saw that happen in real life. “Niomi,” Christian said to Niomi, “if that wasn’t the most funniest thing I ever saw, then I wouldn’t know what would. That was hilarious.” Christian then took out his notepad and started to make a excellent drawing of him and his five new friends he made on the first day of school, in a 30’s cartoon style.

Last edited:
Niomi couldn't help the laugh bubbling up in her throat. "Really? You think?" she asked, glee evident in her tone. Although she wasn't looking for attention in the spur-of-the-moment bite, she was a little pleased about it. She made a good impression on some of the kids, which was more important to her than impressions on the teachers.
Curiously, she looked back at Olive. "So- do you draw your own emotions, or were those someone elses'?" She asked, pointing to the sketch the other girl was putting away.

Name: Rocky
Magic power: Shots rocks and magma, has rock skin with lava in the creases and can dig underground really fast
Appearance: rock skin with lava in the creases, baseball cap, and a metal fireproof backpack
Personality: Shy, Nervous, Nice, and a Leader when not Scared or shy out of his mind.

so can i join

a shy rock monster secretly strolls up behind the people and stalks from a distance hoping not to be noticed then does his work wondering how he could not be a shy and a little Scardie pants. Then he decides stalk from underground it perfect.

The girl nodded, even though she had no idea what she was talking about. She couldn't really ever fully understand, but she got the gist of it.
"That's.. really cool, actually." she said with a smile. Wavy green. Hm.
"So.. this school. I'm the new kid, so excuse me as I literally envelope you in questions, but; what usually happens here? Is this the kind of high school where everyone hates each other, everyone's friendly, everyone's trying to get a significant other, et cetera, or..?"

DoggoKing22

Niomi’s question, questioned Christian, but he didn’t know anything about this school either because it’s his first time here. So Christian then said to Niomi, “You know what, I actually don’t know. I’m new also, so I don’t really know a lot of this school, but this might be a school, where some people are friendly, some aren’t, there might be some bullies here and there. But for right now, no idea.”

Olive pondered this question. This seemed like a pretty average school, except, well, all the students had strange powers. Her old school was a violent place, there were at least three fights s day. So she transferred to this school. “ I honestly don’t know a ton about this school. It seems friendly enough though. “

Rocky get nothing out of his covert operation of stalking so he decides to say hi to a random person. He goes through his conversation starters from plan A to ZZ he had 52 plans so he was prepared his kind was kind of known for being dumb and scary so he was kind of the albino of his kind smart and not scary so he walks over and says "hello my name is Rocky I am a Magma Monster so what is your name." Rocky then get the Goose Bumps hoping for a good response.

Olive looked up from her journal and saw the person who introduced themselves as Rocky. “ Hello, I’m Olive! I’m a....well....I actually don’t know. We can’t be completely human if we have powers right? “

DoggoKing22

Christian turned to see a rock skinned boy named Rocky introducing himself to Olive, so Christian thought it would be okay to introduce himself to Rocky. "Hi, I guess that you met my friend Olive, new kid I just met. I'm Christian, and yes Olive, that is true about not being completely human if we have powers." Christian whispered to Rocky and Olive.

Niomi turned to glance as a "person" whose name described his physical appearance very accurately walked up to them and quietly introduced himself. The girl turned around, leaving the conversation, considering she felt the burning eyes of the teacher pricking into her flesh. She cringed lightly, doing her best to pay attention, but she couldn't manage. She slowly fiddled with her pencil, twirling it between her fingers, puffing out her cheek in a way of evidently showing her boredom.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Name: Rebecca
Magic power: Manipulation of Ice and Snow
Appearance: Icy blue eyes and a skinny perfect ice sculpture like build. Wears jean shorts and a pastel blue spaghetti strap with blue high heeled boots . Straight bluish/white hair. She always wears a necklace that seemed to have frosted over.
Personality: Rebecca almost never talks to strangers. It isn't stranger danger that stops her it's more of you're wasting my time mindset. She's smart and keeps her emotions in check. Most of the time you'll see her smiling an icy smile that has no warmness in it at all. Her skin is freezing but it remains the same colour as a normal human. She isn't one to reach out to people and any conversation you might start with her will end awkwardly. Though she is only 13 she acts much more mature than her age usually is. She has a sword (that she keeps hidden) that looks suspiciously like a very hard and sturdy (not to mention huge) icicle. When people talk to her they often find short answers so they don't usually think many things are going on inside her mind. But in reality, her mind is spinning every second calculating her surroundings and what if's.
Other: Hope it isn't too late to join

Last edited: