• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VIII - Day One [18th-20th June]: Viva Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karu has a point. One Townie is already down, and if we vote on someone who turns out to be innocent, and suffer a Villager casualty this night- Three Townies down in the first 24 hours! Abstaining would at least make it somewhat safer for us. I won't cast the vote yet, but I will unless something suspicious happens before sundown.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
My mind is kinda elsewhere at the moment and not in the game, so I can't really formulate any solid thinking on anything (soz). I'd joke about lynching Red but he's currently no more suspicious to me than Corey, who's really been pushing for Red's death (possibly because Brendan seems to be siding that way too, making Red the most likely bandwagon). I'm assuming Sho was joking but maybe not.

I won't cast my final vote yet, but I'm likely leaning more towards abstaining at this point too.
What Katie said is true, Corey was the first person to really throw out my name and a legitimate lynching. Everything before that was simply all of us talking, and all lynchings were just jokes. Corey then casually steered the conversation towards my actual lynching and planted that seed in everyone's mind.

Also, Corey's been constantly claiming that he's "bad at this game", because of a few previous missteps. A clever way to get everyone's guard down.

Not to mention that Corey was VERY curious about the initial role assignments in which he was a member of a hilariously large Mafia. I wouldn't mention this if he was not so utterly fixated on it, and the possibility of there being multiple families this time again. Everyone else just kind of chuckled about it, but Corey kept bringing it up and questioning Petey about it as if he was fishing for information. Just something to note.

I'm not wholly saying I suspect Corey of being Mafia at this juncture, I'm simply saying that he seems to be driving the town opinion towards my lynching when all I have done is admit things I have been saying for the past three games or so: I want to win, I will do whatever it takes to win, Kill Katie, and now Kill Sho. Nothing new, yet people are taking these statements as some act of malice against them. The only way you should view those as acts of aggression is if you are Mafia (or possibly Katie/Sho, but if they are on my side I do not want them die...as much :D). I can assure you that my own selfish play is beneficial to the Town this game. Hell, even when I am Mafia my actions during the days have been for the benefit of the Town in that I try to find the other family and lynch them.

tl;dr: Petey is the one true Mafia.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red said:
tl;dr: Petey is the one true Mafia.
Damn, you got me. Game over folks.

By which I mean we've got exactly four hours of this day left, so those of you who want to vote should probably do so fairly soon.

Atma

Formerly Karu
I'd love to stick around and witness more conjecture to influence my opinion but I'm afraid I have my friend asking me to accompany in the acquirement of a replacement bass string, so I'll be sticking to my earlier vote. As such...

I Abstain.

While Red does have a point about me throwing his name out first it was simply an attempt to get conversation started rather than just sitting idly by and having joking comments which do not aid us in any way. I usually want someone down on Day 1 so it allows for more conversation in Day 2.

I picked up on Red because he commented on Brendan and these "percentages" he talked about which seemed to suggest Brendan may be Mafia because he hasn't been Mafia in a while and he himself hasn't started as Mafia since the disaster that was Game 5 (Brendan was last Mafia Game 4 iirc so not that much difference).

As for the stuff with Petey and the original PM well I'll explain. In my original PM it said I was in Mafia 1 now I've not been Mafia in a game where there was only a single Mafia so I assumed if it was just a single Mafia the PM would read Mafia not Mafia 1 as to create the illusion of multiple Mafias. Suspicions were furthered by the fact the number of people in the Mafia was 8 which would have meant an instant win for the Mafia so given the fact it said 1 and this Mafia was obviously oversized I presumed that it was supposed to be 2 Mafia's containing 4 members each and then 6 townies.

And the fixation is just how I am you can read up on it if you want by looking at Aspergers Syndrome, I ask questions because I like closure and I like being correct and informing people so when I was told I was spreading wrong information it triggered it and I asked question incessantly to try and salvage some correctness so I could get a sense of achievement for my low self esteem. So that is entirely medical/mental problem.

But given the number of people in the game (so presumably one Mafia) I'm wondering how Red would aid the town if he was Mafia and in control other than rat him and his Mafia out? Which I doubt would happen because we know of Red's desire to win.

Sorry that went kinda deep and on a tangent at one point but other than that I only called for Red's lynch if it was general consensus. I'd much rather abstain and not lose 3 townies in 24 hours like I said in a previous post and like DS has said. So I'm abstaining

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I'm abstaining too.Nothing of note has really stood out to me since I last posted, and I think we're all agreed on not wanting to kill off another townie, so yeah.

shit missed the start sorry sorry sorry~

Uhhhh... Abstain. I've abstained in all my games barring my first on here on day 1 and I'm continuing that. I see little point in doing anything else at this moment in time.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Abstaining. Pretty much because of what everyone has already said at this point.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, day over. Nothing has happened. Back at 8PM GMT on the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.