• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VI: Day Four (Sept. 25-28) Dark Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
A new day begins. You gained somewhat of a victory last night when the Priest/Priestess decided to smite Linkachu, revealing her role as mafia. However, your senseless slaughter of Riley added a bit of bitter to that bit of sweet. What's more? Linkachu, who was revealed to also be the Underboss, had actually already sacrificed herself and assimilated one of you as a new mafioso.

To add more sorrow to your plate, this morning we find that someone had the gall to kill Carmen. The rosary beads in her bag reveal her identity to be the Priestess - the one responsible for Linkachu's demise and last night's fireworks.

Were the mafia lucky? Or was this vengeance? Who can say~

Remember this as you tread onward, loves: one of you is no longer on your side.

Poor Carmen, at least she did her duty before she died. Even with Linkachu countering it by using her own ability. Carmen still could have helped in the next few days.

I'm concerned about the identity of the newest mafia recruit, as it could be anyone, including El. It made it easier knowing one person that was definitely one of us could was encouraging, and now we're back to square one, somewhat.

El would be a very tempting target for the mafia with his confirmed innocence up until now, since he would easily be able to sway us to pick certain targets or avoid other ones. However, it would also be a very high-profile target, we all know that El would be a good target for turning, so he wouldn't last too long as mafia. For now though, I'd like to hear his opinion, and then decide from there.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The fact that you just honed in on me straight away proves anyway that I'm not likely to be mafia - too obvious a choice, too much risk of losing another mafia member straight away. That's gonna be the crux of any argument regarding my allegiance, which I can promise you is not to the mafia.

First of all, I just want to congratulate Riley on playing an excellent game. I was so focused on his guilt that the thought he may have been the Joker only fleetingly crossed my mind. Seems like Red was right to not go after him after all.

So we're two Townies down while the Mafia numbers stays the same. This is bad, very bad. I've been so focused on Riley that I've lost track of other possible suspects a bit, because everyone BUT Riley has been excellent at hiding their true identity. I want to hear what you guys have to say about it first.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
In interesting thing to note, Katie unintentionally told us how many Mafia members remain (2). There are 8 of us left and two people are Mafia. The odds are certainly better than we were previously thinking, because most people theorized there being 3 Mafia members left after Belle was killed.

As for who the last two Mafia members might be, I'm not entirely sure. In the past day we lost three of our usually more vocal players in Katie, Carmen and Riley. We're beginning to reach that point in the game where things usually get quieter and it becomes harder to read everyone. In this particular round it's even worse, because everyone has been tight-lipped from the start.

I agree that El could be Mafia, but we also have to remember who it was that recruited the new member. Katie is incredibly intelligent when it comes to this game, so you have to figure she made a smart play in her choice.

Yeah, that's the biggest issue; Katie's a veteran, and very tactical. She could have picked anyone, so even those whom you've trusted from the start or at least found not very suspicious can now be out to kill you. That paranoia is a valuable asset to the Mafia in its own right.

Now it's up to us to try and figure out what her decision could've been. Did she go for the one of the more experienced players, who would be of great value to her family, or is that just what she wants us to think so we would go after those players whilst they are innocent, saving the Mafia trouble? I honestly don't know, but I have a feeling the first option would be more pragmatic?

I fail at analyzing tactics.

Sir Red said:
I agree that El could be Mafia, but we also have to remember who it was that recruited the new member. Katie is incredibly intelligent when it comes to this game, so you have to figure she made a smart play in her choice.

In that case, wouldn't the likely idea simply be to recruit you of all people, Red? Why, I recall you and Katie having a rivalry of sorts when it comes to mafia. Indeed, I do!

More importantly, if you think about it, Red is currently the biggest threat to the mafia as a villager! Not to downplay anyone else's qualities, but he is very good at this game and very smart. Katie of all people would know that, and want him on her side.

So that is where my feelings currently fall. Ahahaha, let's play ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Honestly Tan, when I found out at the end of the last day I really wanted Katie to chose me. >>;; But alas, it was not to be.

Tan, dearest Tan...Did you not already claim that I was Mafia before Katie ever recruited somebody? You voted for me to be Lynched once already, now you're trying to retroactively use new events to connect me to the Mafia. Not very sound logic, Tan.

I'm beginning to reach Sem territory in Mafia now. People want me dead simply because I am me and for no other reason.

On a sidenote, I wish Katie had stayed in the game so I could have gotten her lynched. </3 It would have been fun to try and build a case against her.

I'm really sorry Red, but I don't feel like playing around today. It's about time I get going, and I'll leave it to everyone else.

Shocari wasn't the seer, but he was so spot-on in choosing Belle as mafia, wasn't he? I wonder who would have told him that!

Carmen was the Priest, but she seemed to know exactly who to smite when it came down to it. I wonder who told her Katie was mafia?

...Surprise! Pleased to meet you all. My name is Tangrow, but you can just call me the Seer. I'm looking to finish up before going on hiatus, so let's just make it simple.

Red is the newly deemed mafia by Katie, yet he is also part of the Couple. Too bad, Red's Wife! It appears you're chained to a murderer.

I'll stake it on my life that I am the Seer, and I am prepared to call in people as well. Red shall die today. And following, I will die in the night, most likely. Haha!

And if not, and you all decide to believe him and kill someone else, or even me, then you'll be really embarrassed!

So let's go. Cast your vote. I'll not be waiting around this time.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Sir Red said:
Honestly Tan, when I found out at the end of the last day I really wanted Katie to chose me. >>;; But alas, it was not to be.

I dunno, I think you could have been mafia before this, but that's true for nearly everyone.

More importantly, if you think about it, Red is currently the biggest threat to the mafia as a villager! Not to downplay anyone else's qualities, but he is very good at this game and very smart. Katie of all people would know that, and want him on her side.

But this is a fairly valid point. If we assume you weren't mafia before, which is also possible, Katie knows the people who play the game quite well so she knows who would be ideal to recruit. As Brendan showed in his first post here, I wouldn't be the best choice because I'd be the first target purely because I was the target of the first mafia strike (lol convoluted sentence) (In that same vein, that's why she didn't pick me, I think. It'd be too obvious since my innocence had been established already). If I were Katie, I would've picked someone who has been a consistently good player, like yourself, Red.

I'll throw out my vote against Red

(gdi tan don't inb4 me)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
You out-played me, Tan. Nobody else has even been half as good at the Detective/Seer than you have been.

I really should have killed you last night when I had the opportunity, because I could have thrown out arguments against anyone else and at least somewhat talked my way out of things. I just wanted to kill that damned Lady of the Night and I thought Carmen might be her.

Hell, if it wasn't for the fact that you added the bit about me being a part of the Couple I would have tried to argue you, but now I'm forced to believe that you investigated me last night after suspecting that Katie would pick me.

In conclusion, this was all Katie's plan to get me killed. </3

Also, I'm fairly certain I've killed Carmen three different times now. >>;;

Edit: My apologies, Wife. I was so worried that you'd be seduced that I went and got myself killed when I could have avoided it.

I'll put my vote against: Red.

The reasons listed above really are enough for the vote against him. Tangrow nice shooting, I'm sure with the odds in our favour we can take out the final member.

That is if he is indeed mafia anyway xD because who knows, with Carmen and Sho unable to comment on the game you could just be bluffing that....highly doubt it but with mafia you have to look at every possibility.

[Damn it Red >_< Shows me not to start posting and then talk to someone ;_; ]

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Well...with that little revelation, guess there's really not that much to add, huh? My vote goes to Red as well.

Sir Red said:
My apologies, Wife. I was so worried that you'd be seduced that I went and got myself killed when I could have avoided it.

It's alright, Husband. Normally I would've tried harder to defend you, but, deep down, I had my own suspicions you were Mafia. So I guess I don't get to live to the end of this game of Mafia. But hey, it's been fun for as long as it lasted, and all of you have have played brilliantly!

One Mafia and one Townie down at the end of this round. Make me proud, fellow citizens- Weed out the rest of the family so that victory will be ours in the end ~

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You people are ruthless.

I don't see the point of letting this go on until tomorrow so I'll just wrap it up.

DS watched on helplessly as the mob moved in on his lover. He felt each stab wound, and a pain in his heart that could not be described in mere words. He threw himself onto Red as the townspeople left for the day. Red was covered in, well, red. They both simultaneous drew their last breath as night fell.

Status
Not open for further replies.