• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Day Four (May 16th-18th): Death Will Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red and Demelza have been lynched today. Red is Mafia, and Demelza is a Townsperson.

If I didn't already mention it: Shiny and Dwayna were part of Dorian.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Woah. Red was Mafia? He was one of the only people by this point that I strongly assumed wasn't Mafia! Dammit Red, you had me completely fooled! @.@

But it looks like I don't have prophetic dreams either. I love you, Dem. R.I.P! ;_;

For now I'm returning to my original suspicion of Jada because she never did post anything in her defense during the previous day (and her posts two days ago were pretty dang suspicious), but obviously Blazi is now on my radar as well.

HMMMMMMM THIS IS RATHER INTERESTING

Well, at least we have one more Mafia down. But I feel sorry for Dem, she hardly said anything.

I agree with Katie. I raised my suspicions of Jada previously, and she has not answered. You better come in with a responce quick, dear JadaStark, or I shall not show any mercy in lynching you.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Oh look people died.

This game would be so much easier for me if I'd actually read the past few rounds worth of debating. Guess that's my essay procrastination right there.

Okay people. You want me to try and clear some things up about me? I haven't been active because of complications with my personal life. So here is a simplified version of my thoughts.
One. I had said I wasn't sure of whether to be grateful or to be worried that I was suddenly under the radar a few game days ago. I was worried that everything that I had been posting just went without notice.I wasn't trying to do anything more then be a little talkative.
Two. I was confused as to why Shiny had said she thought I had an important role. So I ask about it and everyone is suddenly attacking me for finally posting something and its related to her post. Is there something wrong with wanting to know someones logic for stating why they think something in this game?

So that should clear some of that up I think. Anyways. A mafia died? Well that's kinda a plus I guess... but we still lost a townie.

Mhm.

Mafia numbers are decreasing steadily, so that's brilliant! But we are losing a lot of our own along the way, and I think the balance is tipped slightly to the wrong side already- We need to have some action.

I guess I'm not too surprised Red is Mafia? The guy is too damn good at this game, and he knows it- No offense, Red!- So he's much better off in a Mafia role as opposed to a Townie one, as much as that sucks for us Townies. But that doesn't matter much anymore |D

Jada's post has actually made me less suspicious of her because her reasoning seems adequate, but unless a better suspect arises, she's still up there with Richard as my main suspects.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I get the feeling that now that Riley and Red are out, this game is going to become a lot quieter.

So I'm going to throw out a new accusation. I've been reading back through the previous day, and I think Riley may have been onto something regarding Tan. For the first two days Tan wasn't really playing the game so much as revenge lynching Sem. It certainly was no help to our cause. Then he suddenly changes his game when Red is accused, someone who's now been revealed as Mafia. Red did a good job defending Tan's opinion, but now that we know what we do... Maybe all Red was trying to do was get Riley off his scent, but he could've also been trying to defend Tan, a fellow Mafia bro.

(I guess nobody suspects that Blazi was being honest about being Mafia...? XD)

Kay before we go down that road I think we have been over this

I did not vote for Sem because Riley pretty much said VOTE ME and then I was lacking in Internet for a bit so I figured I should drop the vote there because I he said it. It honestly sounds to me like you would all just rather me be unhelpful as pants by continuously voting for the probable fellow townie Sem.

And um I honestly didn't think Riley voted for Red at all that round, I just thought I got lucky to have somebody defend my semi-active opinion >> of course, when it turns out that person is mafia then I look like a bad guy and all that. But it sounds like miss Katie would have rather I keep voting for an obvious townie so that I'd have no impact on the game and essentially be chad! Sorry about the wrong call on riley but his attitude in that post got to me </3

On the subject of blazi I would totally vote for him if we decide to godown that road.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
On the contrary Mr. Tan, that's rather missing my point. My point was that up until the previous day you were doing nothing but voting to lynch Sem because he's Sem. It's also curious that Red went out of his way to defend you to such lengths when Riley accused you two of being Mafia together.

I'm glad that you finally decided to change your tactics and be more productive, but that doesn't explain your previous actions. I'm well aware that you were likely just being silly re: Sem, but votes wasted are votes wasted. Even I know better than to target someone who's likely a townie simply because of who they are. I've had my eye on you for awhile now. ;x

tl;dr I'm not accusing you because you voted for Riley. Many of us did. It's everything else surrounding your activities within this game and Red's own actions that has me suspicious.

As for Blazi, people likely feel the same way about him as I do. He could be the Clown, Mad Bomber, or the Bus Driver - or maybe just crazy and proud of it (yes, I went there! <.>) - but he's probably not Mafia.

I'm pretty sure they weren't wasted votes the first couple of days because on the first we didn't have any evidence for anything anyway, and if you recall the next day, it did have backing! Thursday voting for Sem would be silly.

Please please please also understand that I am not in control of the actions of others, so I can't do anything about anything if red was defending me (And was he? I can't seem to remember him saying all that much and only using a phone leaves me with limited browsing time)

So I'd rather believe my actions are not suspicious and you're jumping the gun here! There are other people who are suspicious, like Nido, Jada, or even lucky. You yourself were not expecting red to be Maria or whatever, right? I feel this is rather unjust, because I ca not defend myself adequately with this cumbersome and slow iPhone.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Tangrow said:
I'm pretty sure they weren't wasted votes the first couple of days because on the first we didn't have any evidence for anything anyway, and if you recall the next day, it did have backing! Thursday voting for Sem would be silly.

Please please please also understand that I am not in control of the actions of others, so I can't do anything about anything if red was defending me (And was he? I can't seem to remember him saying all that much and only using a phone leaves me with limited browsing time)

So I'd rather believe my actions are not suspicious and you're jumping the gun here! There are other people who are suspicious, like Nido, Jada, or even lucky. You yourself were not expecting red to be Maria or whatever, right? I feel this is rather unjust, because I ca not defend myself adequately with this cumbersome and slow iPhone.

Actually, Shiny had pretty well already outted herself completely by the time you'd voted on the second day. Josh only voted for Sem to create a tie, but your choice didn't have much backing at all - aside from Sem being Sem. ;)

I agree that Red's comments were nothing you could control, but the mere fact he made them is what's interesting. They were indeed quite defensive in nature. It's just a matter of why he made them: to defend himself, or something more?

Jada is still suspicious, as is NidoRich I guess, but why Luckii? He's no more suspicious than Dark Soul, RMA, El, Sem, or anyone else. I'm also not too keen on how you'd agree to join a Blazi bandwagon so easily.

I'm in no rush to vote, so you don't need to worry about replying ASAP on your iPhone... unless you have no computer access at all right now? Assuming you do, take your time. I'm waiting for others to reply with more before making a vote.

No computer. At all. Just phone. Which is also why I was unaware of shiny outing herself cause I haven't been in chat forever, Katie! I'm on my free period for the next half hour and then I pretty much have class the rest of the day.

The reason I say Luckii is just because like you had not suspected red, it could be the same to him or anyone. We don't particularly have a detective this game and all that, so it was just a thought.

I'd also be pretty keen to join any bandwagon that does not involve me dying, as anyone would. So I wouldn't say not wanting to die is suspicious!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No computer. At all. Just phone. Which is also why I was unaware of shiny outing herself cause I haven't been in chat forever, Katie!

I didn't know you had zero access to a computer throughout the entirety of this game. That's why I asked. :p

Tangrow said:
I'd also be pretty keen to join any bandwagon that does not involve me dying, as anyone would. So I wouldn't say not wanting to die is suspicious!

It's not, but wanting someone else to die who may be innocent, as opposed to someone who isn't, is suspicious. It's exactly why I'm not prepared to outright lynch you yet. Just sayin'. ~:)~

I didn't suspect Red because he's too damn good at this game. He has wiggled his way out of many tight situations in the past. He's an influential player, who can go right under townie radar, because of how he can manipulate the game. THATS why i didn't suspect him.

Also Jada, while I am content with your reasoning, I still have my eyes on you, although not as firmly as previously.

I'm still confused over why the hell Blazi decided to post that. He might very well be the Clown or Mad Bomber- If he were to be Mafia and the Mad Bomber he might have been pressured into saying it by his family, although a suicide bombing isn't much of a strategy in a game like this- You lose one of your own family for the life of a Townie, or maybe a member of the other family, which would be beneficial for you but also for the Townies.

So, yeah. Just to be safe, I guess we shouldn't go for Blazi, because we can't really risk him being both the Clown and a Townie, or him being the Mad Bomber and us losing another Townie.

(I am now genuinely afraid of posting this because I can vividly remember the shit that went down last time I defended Blazi |D But on the other hand, that time we were both Mafia and this time I'm not.)

Also, as unhelpful as it may sound, I can't really find myself in the reasoning of Katie as to why Tan would be suspicious. Meaning that as for now, my vote is going to NidoRich because we're not far away from this day's end.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Hm, yes, NidoRich makes a lot of sense since we've been talking about him so much today. You randomly gunning for him at the end of your post is perfectly reasonable.

loljklynchDarkSoul

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just remembered this:

Sir Red said:
JadaStark2015 said:
I have a role? Shiny, what do you think that would be?
I still dont think I would be the best person to put in the mafia. I dont understand half of the rule or the roles so even if I was mafia I really wouldn't that much help for anything. I would just end up dying thus leaving the mafia down a member. How would that help anything?!
You have clearly stated that you are mafia and us townies have to try and win so I say Lynch Shiny
Hmm, interesting that you only discussed the mafia when replying to Shiny's comment about you supposedly having a role. Interesting choice not to address that you could be the Detective or Bus Driver or something.

I think it's time I went for one of my suspicions, and for everything I've said to Tan - Jada has long stood out more for reasons like this.

Lynch Jada

Sem said:
Hm, yes, NidoRich makes a lot of sense since we've been talking about him so much today. You randomly gunning for him at the end of your post is perfectly reasonable.

loljklynchDarkSoul

Wait people have been talking about me? What have I done this time then? I really would like to know how I've become your number 1 suspect Dark Soul?

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Alright, so, thanks to some school related issues of my own, I'm not very far away from elimination by technicality. Guess I aught'a post again then, right?

Problem here is that, due to the excuse mentioned above, I'm still not able to get any sort of hunch on my own that any specific person's significantly suspicious over the others, outside of (possibly) Blazi's apparent "confession" of being mafia, which of course can't be stated as fact just because he's saying it is, since it could, as Dark Soul said, just be the ploy of a mad bomber or clown.

Since I currently cannot make any truly outstanding argument for anyone's lynching, I'd most likely just end up going for the popular vote, but that's presently not possible due to there being three votes, each for different people. So in that case, I'm gonna go ahead and just pick one. I say lynch Jada. Katie may have proven in the past that she can be a very manipulative player, but I still find her suspicion the easiest to get behind.

For reasons mentioned in the previous day, which I feel you never succesfully debunked. To me, you are still more suspicious then JadaStark because she, at least, had a slightly more adequate defense in my opinion.

Also, Sem, having to talk about someone before lynching them on the same day isn't a set condition for lynching. :p

All that I can day is that I'm not mafia Dark Soul. I said that last time around and it dint work so why would that change this time round? If I do get lynched sometime soon then I will wish the rest of village the best of luck in winning because they will be one man lighter.

I just feel that you keep poking at an old target because really I did defend myself a few phases ago, Katie even defended me a bit too...now what does that tell you?
Lynch Dark Soul

You tried to defend yourself. It didn't work for me.

I'd just like to say that the two of you have made a mistake- And I don't mean that as a threat;I mean it as a factual statement. Unless two more people vote for either NidoRich or JadaStark, you'll have another Townie dead by the night- Me.

Look back at the previous days. Did I ever say something even slightly suspicious? Not as far as I can tell.

We'll see how this turns out~

My vote will come, but I need to ask DataPeteyPot

At what exact time will this day end? That way I'll have time to think instead of dropping a hasty decision or voting Sem.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Due to a voting tie, I have flipped a coin: Jada was heads, Dark Soul was tails.

The coin showed heads. Jada has been lynched; her role was Mafia. With that, Dorian are now extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.