• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mafia (Like the card game) RP

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Bathed in the orange and yellow tones of sunset, a newcomer strolled through the town. She had her head down and her hands clasped in front of her, looking like your typical shy-girl trope.
Her name was Violet. And this would be a new start for her.
She stretched out, taking in the enchanting lights on the horizon. A gentle breeze flowed through the small and quaint town, blowing her brown hair in the wind. She adjusted her glasses slightly, a serene expression on her face.

Ron walked down the street of Amberyear. He took a puff of his cigarette as he stopped at a corner. The sunset looked calm and the nice breeze made him feel good. He yawned loudly, the trip to this new town has been exhausting for him, but the nice weather and cigarette began to make him feel good.
He leaned against a street lamp and watched people walk by. He would nod and smile at anyone who noticed him. He finished his cigarette and continued his stroll down the streets.

Damien Driskel re-adjusted his coat in anticipation of the evening chill. Despite the fact that the sun hadn’t yet slipped below the horizon, the temperature had already cooled to that of a beautiful spring day. With a bit of luck, it would stay this way for the rest of the night, but it was better to be safe than sorry, he supposed.

He was new to the town of Amberyear, yet the quaint town had a certain charm to it. The electric lamps glowing like stars amidst the darkening sky, the gentle breeze that tussled his wavy, black hair, the towering pines surrounding the town’s perimeter, the peaceful quiet that filled the streets… Granted, at least some of that was due in part to the town’s remote location. That was a bit of a downfall for him—being farther away from civilization meant a longer trip travelling out—but certainly not a dealbreaker.
Of course, charming as it was, he realized he should probably head home first. Then he could get to know everyone here.

He continued his stroll in relative silence, stopping to give a friendly wave to a man leaning against a lamppost (ignoring the overpowering scent of cigarette smoke) before continuing onwards.

Venessa enjoyed the nice sunset as she finished bringing boxes from her transfer here. Her job required her to move to Amberyear due to lack of people in her career field. She smiled at all the passerbys as she tucked her black hair behind her ear. She would put an effort to get to know them later. Now, she had to unpack her boxes. Fortunately for her, her mattress was already ready to be placed on the floor. She struggled to lay it on the ground due to her small stature and climbed on a box that she thought had books in it. She sighed with relief when she was correct with her assumption. She tipped the mattress on the floor. "There, someplace to sleep tonight. If I want to sleep that is." She flicked her brown eyes around the room and made mental notes to herself. There was a lot of work that needed to be done.

Rory Sanders pulled up to the hotel in town. He was here on buisness, and he wasn’t sure how long he was staying. However, his company was paying for his stay at the hotel, so he wasn’t concerned on that point. It hadn’t been hard to persuade his boss to pay for the stay, he was doing the man a big favor by being here anyway. He stepped out of the car after parking it, and checked into the hotel.

His room was not luxurious by any means, but at least there was a TV. He had set his suitcase near the bed, and his smaller travel bag on the bed. He stretched, yawned and decided it was about time to hit the hay. He had eaten earlier, and as much as he wanted to go out and explore the town of Amberyear he knew he needed to get some rest after his long drive. He picked up his small bag, lowered it to the floor and clambered onto the bed.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After many years Michael spent on college, he finally bought a house in a small quiet town called Amberyear.
He was really happy that he succeeded to move all of his stuff in one day, cause now he even had enough time to go to bar or just simply relax at home. He decided to go to the bar, there he drank one beer and went back home.

Kitty Blackwell was in her home. Working from home allowed her to live in anyplace she wanted. That is why she chose this town over others. It was quite and everything she need was close by. There was even a starbucks close to her townhouse. On her comeputer screen shown her to be coding a game. Holding her head to shoulder, she sandwhiched her phone there and talked to the person on the other end. "Yes I know you want the code down by tomorrow, but I am telling you that it just can not be done. You sent over a lot to handle and all of it is pretty much a jumbled mess. If you want this game run properly it is going to take more then a couple of hours. Well if you want a hack job then you can certainly go to someone else, but doing so will cause a lot of problems. Do you even know what someone else will charge this type of work. A heck lot more then what you are paying now." Kitty worked as she talked. The guy on the other end just did not get the message, that if he wants it done right, then he needed to be patient.

Venessa decided that that was enough for the day. She would continue unpacking the bathroom tomorrow. Besides, it was not as if she was going anywhere. She dodged boxes, entered her bedroom. dodge more boxes, and laid on the uncovered mattress. She shivered in the chill of the night and made a mental note to find blankets in the morning. It was too late to be searching for them now. Besides, she already knew she was going to have a rough night.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Now in her quaint house, Violet looked around.
"Not much, but it's home," she said to no one.
She looked around for a while. She'd set this up a couple of weeks before: a single bed with a small night-table, a lamp, and a desk. She fell onto the bed, smiling. This really could be a fresh start for her. She pulled out her laptop and set to work.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Rory had gone to bed, planning on touring the town the next day, not knowing what would transpire that night, later that night, after everyone fell asleep, a dark figure entered his room, silently tracking the room towards the bed raising the knife, hesitating a second, in that time Rory woke up, and got a good look at the mafia before the mafia drilled the knife through his heart, killing him, the mafia looked around before leaving the room, Rory laing on the bed, simply staring at the spot his killer was

Morning is here! (FYI, you guys do have to find the body to know hes dead)

Venessa got up. "More unpacking today. Though, I should meet my neighbors." She released a loud yawn. "Oh my, I really didn't sleep well. Guess it's the new house feel." She got up, found some clothes that were not stuffed into a box, entered the kitchen, found some Pop-Tarts that she bought the day before, ate them, then went out. She found the sun pleasant on her pale skin. She did not know who to go to first, so she just stood there, waiting for another person to wake up.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Violet got out of bed, yawning. She'd gotten a great rest the previous night, for having a rock-solid bed anyway.
Putting on a clean set of clothing, she brushed her hair and teeth, and stepped outside. She closed her eyes, feeling the warm morning sun touch her skin.
She saw another girl outside, seemingly waiting for someone else to wake up. She walked over shyly, a bit nervous to talk to people. She did have a bit of social anxiety, but she decided to try anyway.
"H-Hello. My name is Violet. What's yours?" she asked.

Kitty was in her room, she had been up a bit earlier then normal. Wanting some time to unwind and relax after a long night of working on that stupid code for the rudest customer she had. Walking out of her house with a cup of coffee she spotted two girls, she waved hello by lifting her mug up in a friendly fashion. "Good morning. Nice to see you guys up today." Turning towards Violet she asked. "So you are the one moving next door? My name is Kitty Blackwell it is nice to meet you." Kitty tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and held her hand out to shake the girls hand.

Disregarding the fact that at some point during the night he’d fallen off the low mattress and onto the floor, Damien’s rest had been relatively peaceful. He’d awoken to the soft dawn sunlight filtering in between the slats of his blinds… which meant that his alarm set to go off hours prior hadn’t chimed. Unfortunately, a quick scroll through his phone revealed that he’d forgotten to set it in the first place.
He sighed. He’d intended to get an early start on unpacking his final box (he was hopeless when it came to assembly), but it seemed that was off the table.
Then again, he already had a pretty solid set up; due to the lack of space in his previous studio apartment, most of what he owned could fit in a couple of bags. He had a viable place to sleep set up, even if it was just a mattress and a couple of blankets on the floor. Putting a desk together could wait a few hours, at very least. Going to explore what he hadn’t gotten a chance to see last night couldn’t, however; not in his book, at least.

Quickly, Damien pulled on a clean set of clothes, brushed his teeth, and threw on his navy-blue coat. He fished around in his bag for a small sketch pad and a pencil—if nothing else, the morning scenery provided great inspiration for art—placing it and a few mints into his pockets.

Combing through his hair with his fingers one last time, he stepped outside, only to find that a few people were already gathered outside.

“Morning!” He called, the rasp in his voice betraying the fact that he had awoken no less than fifteen minutes ago. He quietly cleared his throat. “Are you guys new here too?”

Venessa smiled at the two that gathered near her. This plan is going better than I thought, she thought. "Yes, I'm new here. I'll be working at the schools when it starts back up. I waited last minute to move as well. So, um. Not the best role model, huh?" She scratched the back of her head. Venessa would have shaken Kitty's hand, but it was for Violet, not her. Though, she did have to disagree on Kitty's form of early beverage. Everyone knew that a good batch of green tea was perfect for waking up.

Ron drank a big glass of water as he watched television. "The Cubs lost again? Why am I not surprised." He placed the empty glass down. He adjusted his Cubs baseball jersey and stepped outside. It looked like a nice day to go to the batting cages. He saw a group of people gathering around.
"Good morning!" He called out. Waving at his neighbors. Having neighbors was a good thing, made him feel safer. He took out a cigarette and began smoking, remaining by his door. He knew his smoking was annoying and decided it was best not to approach the neighbors and make them uncomfortable.

Venessa nodded in greeting to Ron but then frowned in disapproval when he started smoking. Sure, it seemed petty, but she knew how dangerous it was to smoke. Not that she ever did it herself. She looked at everyone around her. "So, most of us are new here?" she asked. It seemed like a silly question to her, but she felt like she needed to know. Though, it could be that everyone here, except for her and Damian, were here a while. She was not sure though.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
At the dark night, a small figure wandered on the streets of Amberyear. His name was Sparky Pix, a magician in training.
Sparky quietly whistled to himself on his way home, as that's the only thing he could hear besides his thoughts and the small, gentle breeze. After all, the town always seemed quiet at those hours of the night.

It didn't take him long before he made it to his home, the magician entered the room and sighed immediately.
"Well, like they say, home sweet home..." He told himself, "after a long day like that, sleeping is all I need"
After getting his bed ready, Sparky changed clothes and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light of the morning sun reflected through Sparky's window to his face, waking him up slowly.
"H-huh? Is it morning already?" He asked himself as he rubs his eyes, "man, I feel like I haven't slept here for quite a long time" he said and got up.
He changed his clothes and put a top hat on his head, he took his stuff too and went outside for a little walk.

During the walk he noticed a group of people talking, he decided to introduce himself.
Sparky started walked toward them, and once he was close enough he called out for them.
"Hello there!" He called out as he is getting closer and closer, "I don't think I have seen most of you around, are you new here?" He kindly asked them.

Venessa nodded. "I am, at least." She was still unsure of everyone else being new though. But everyone did seem to ignore her question. She sighed. "I would offer a cup of tea, but I'm still living out of boxes right now. Literally." She made another mental note to unpack everything after she was done meeting her neighbors. Besides, things were getting a bit to hectic. She was about ready to head back inside and start unpacking again.

Kitty listened to everyone. Standing back she observed what she could of the others. It was nice to see the others out and about, but she had a dealine for the next section of coding for the upcoming game of the year. Well that is what they said to her, but she did not believe that miserable old man who she has to work with. Turning to Vanessa she answered her earlier question. "I have been here for about a year now. It is a nice place. It is a great place to work from home. Which I am glad I am able to do since I hate going into the office every morning. If anyone would like a cup of coffee or some tea I have some in my kitchen. Though I can not be hospitable for very long, I have a deadline for work."

Magic Sparkle

Hearing the faint scream, Sparky began wondering to himself. "Weird... The town is very peaceful, what could make such a scream on a time like that?" The magician murmured to himself.
He turned to the others, right before seeing Venessa running in front of his eyes, probably toward the source of the weak scream.
"Hi! Wait for me!" He called out and without a moment of thinking, Sparky ran after her the fastest he can.

Eventually, the magician stopped as he lost track of the girl, he started huffing from exhaustion.
Sparky was always a slow runner, and always got tired after a little amount of time.
He looked around and scratched his chin, knowing that the scream have to came from somewhere close.

Damien nodded in earnest, taking in the conversation told around at the small crowd that had gathered around the cul-de-sac. “It’s nice to meet you all, but I’d better get back to—“
He was cut off by the echo of a distant, agonized scream.

Without missing a beat, he shoved his way through the crowd, dashing off in the general direction of the faraway wail. He’d walked the town the night before, he’d moved in, but he was far from knowing it like the back of his hand. Not checking to see if anyone had followed, he took a sharp turn left, unsure of where to go from there. Stopping to catch his breath, he re-adjusted his jacket and glanced around, unsure of where to begin searching for the source.

Venessa saw the staff leave the building and tried to stop her but to no avail. She gave an angry sigh as she entered the building the woman ran out of. She followed the trail of open doors and found, a dead body. Venessa was too shocked to move. What happened? She stood there, unable to move, scream, she was even unable to think. She was like a stone statue.

Magic Sparkle

As Sparky looked around, he could hear another scream, but this time it got louder and louder.
Before the magician knew it, a staff member of the hotel ran in his sight while crying out loudly.
"Is there something wrong?" He called out in an attempt to stop her, but without any success. The staff member just kept running away.

Did something happen in the hotel perhaps? It was probably her scream earlier, but what happened? Sparky thought to himself and started running toward the hotel.

He made it to the entrance in no time, only to see that the doors are wide open.
"Umm, it looks like she left all the doors open. Just a little peek to see what happened" he told himself and started going through the open doors nervously.

In the end, the Magician entered the open room, and he immediately froze in place from shock.
In front of his eyes, he could see a dead body near the bed.
Furthermore, Sparky could see the same girl he met that day. standing still like a stone, while looking at the dead body in shock.

"W...what happened?!" He quickly asked the girl nervously, then talking to himself quietly "it doesn't look like an incident, but more like a murder. Why it happens in a peaceful town like this?".

Venessa turned to Sparky anger written on her face. "Does it look like I know!" She shook her head at the sight. She sighed, recomposing herself. "We need to let the others know. I don't think they even lifted an eyebrow to the screaming from earlier." She tentatively took a step back, she felt wrong to leave the body there, but the others had to know what was happening. Something like this was too big for only three people to know. No, murder was too big for only a small amount of people to know. Everyone needed to know this information. Abmeryear was not safe.

Venessa strode towards the others, controlling her breathing so that she could walk at this pace longer. She was borderline jogging at this point. Venessa knew that she had to grab everyone's attention, and she knew how. When she was near the group, she cleared her throat. "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!"