• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 4: Day One (Dec 1st-3rd): Good Day To Be Bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Bull in a China Shop

The Mafia are back. Only one Family has been sighted this time; probably due to the scarce numbers of inhabitants still alive, but they have announced their presence early by detonating Teapot's chinaware collection. He is unharmed, but all of his prized pottery has been destroyed. Interviews showed that he was pretty pissed, and also unerringly fond of alliteration.

He promptly stormed into the Town Hall demanding bitter revenge, and an angry mob has been duly formed. Time to start rooting out Mafioso in the name of expensive tableware.​

Re: Day One (Dec 1st-3rd): It Is A Good Day To Be Bulletproo

Here we go, round 4 of the Charming Mafia. Now we just need to make the choice of whether to abstain or start lynching a random person.

Very much so. Will we do abstain like the last time, or randomly pick someone with the hope of getting a Mafia? Abstaining might spare us a townsperson.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do, so I'm more then open for suggestions.

Dark Soul said:
Very much so. Will we do abstain like the last time, or randomly pick someone with the hope of getting a Mafia? Abstaining might spare us a townsperson.

Not much we can do at the moment. We just sit back and wait for anything shady.

Luckii said:
Dark Soul said:

Not much we can do at the moment. We just sit back and wait for anything shady.

Seems like the best idea at the moment, in my opinion - your thoughts, people?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

My thoughts are still to lynch Petey ;3

There aren't many thoughts to be had here! We either abstain from voting to avoid stepping on anyone's toes and, as such, allow someone to die. Or someone has the balls to vote for someone right off the bat, which may or may not be helpful.

I'll pick later, but abstaining seems to be the hip new thing to do.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Abstaining the first round isn't new and hip at all but whatever ;o

ummm who's Petey?!?! i'm at a loss here since this is my first round of mafia here on the fourms...

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

JadaStark2015 said:
ummm who's Petey?!?! i'm at a loss here since this is my first round of mafia here on the fourms...

Petey's the host, also known as Teapot. It's an ongoing joke to lynch him, since it's impossible.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Lynching someone for the sake of it isn't wise and we could kill village, which would start us off in a bad way. xD

Abstaining

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Where's your sense of adventure? |D

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Just like before, even if I don't entirely agree with abstaining on the first round almost every time, (seems to me that we're just waiting for someone to die without any real progress) it's unfortunately one of the more practical decisions we can make with a lack of evidence to support any specific person.

As such, I'm gonna have to say abstain.

Considering how well Abstaining has worked in the past, I'm not going that route this time. I'll wait till everyone posts to make my decision because I haven't found anything suspicious yet.

No Lynch simply due to what everyone else is saying. The chance of voting off a villager isn't a good thing this early on as we will be 2 down when the mafia kill another villager.

Abstaining. Just throwing my vote out here already, since I feel like it's the proper thing to do at this point in the game, where no suspicions are to be had. Except those against Petey, of course.

Well, looks like I'm going to be Abstaining for now, too.

I feel like we make this decision every time, and I'm not too sure that it works the way we all like to pretend it does. If we don't throw out accusations, we just waste a round where we don't make any progress. We'll be starting at the same place tomorrow if we all abstain today.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Chadwyck said:
I feel like we make this decision every time, and I'm not too sure that it works the way we all like to pretend it does. If we don't throw out accusations, we just waste a round where we don't make any progress. We'll be starting at the same place tomorrow if we all abstain today.

Well, I think we all just end up thinking "We don't wanna lose a villager today and another over night", and when we have nothing to go on it's hard. Maybe tomorrow we'll be more ruthless in picking someone, but first day we often aren't.

Thing is,neither abstaining nor going after one person will make a huge difference in the long run. If we lynch the wrong person, we lose two people instead of one. If we abstain, one person will definitely die. If we lynch the right person, we lose one person AND we nuke a mafia at the same time...

So difficult, but based on past games, I'm still not abstaining...Ugh, waiting for everyone to post is so hard D: ./impatient

Akira Rose said:
Thing is,neither abstaining nor going after one person will make a huge difference in the long run. If we lynch the wrong person, we lose two people instead of one. If we abstain, one person will definitely die. If we lynch the right person, we lose one person AND we nuke a mafia at the same time...

So difficult, but based on past games, I'm still not abstaining...Ugh, waiting for everyone to post is so hard D: ./impatient
The problem is, as soon as somebody starts to throw accusations around, they instantly become suspicious. I mean, look what happened to Karu last game. Sorry, but I'm abstaining for now.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Guess I'll abstain too, better to be safe than sorry.

i dont really have any reason to accuse anyone.. so i guess i'll abstain for now...
I just hope i can make it to the last day... the first time i played this game i died after three days...

As much as I agree with Akira and the others saying we should lynch someone, nobody will end up getting lynched and most people have come to the conclusion that abstaining is the better option. Let's just see where things take us.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

That's more than the majority now. I was going to try to throw out a random accusation before that happened. You people are no fun. Oh well

Oh man you guys I thought we had been over this before.
We're never any better off when we abstain on the first day because all we do is lose a townsperson >:T
I'm with Semmy on this everyone is laaaaaaaaame

You could have at least starting throwing around suspicions to get a rise out of people D:
But that's always been my stance on Day One lolololole

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

I think Belle is suspicious because of reasons.

(Yeah, take THAT)

why must you all want to kill someone?!?! if we're wrong with out suspicions then we lose two townspeople instead of just one!!!

Just a minor issue, can votes be changed this game, or are they locked once a decision is made?

You're going down, Mafia >:3

I'm too late to make any sort of difference, so I'm just going to wait for this day to be over. I will not settle for abstaining this round D:<

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Once you vote, which means you bolded something in your post, it cannot be changed.

Thanks to new things being given new names, I agree with Belle so much that tomorrow I'm going to lynch her. ^-^

Now you guys are just being hurtful.
And besides, I was most decidedly not the first person to say that more action should be taken thist first round, and it would have been poor strategy to give me a role this round after having just been the Double Agent :V

Jussayiiiinnnnnnn

JadaStark2015 said:
why must you all want to kill someone?!?! if we're wrong with out suspicions then we lose two townspeople instead of just one!!!

Belle, Sem, Chad, and me don't make 'all' xD And we don't want to kill anyone, but I would like a chance at hitting mafia so we could get a leg up.

Sem said:
That's more than the majority now. I was going to try to throw out a random accusation before that happened. You people are no fun. Oh well

^ This

I'm forced to abstain this round. C'est la vie. At least things will get interesting next round~

What Carmen said, I don't want to kill anyone, but if we all just abstain then we have /no/ chance of hitting mafia as opposed to actually having a chance at all. Something is better than nothing and all that jazz. I suppose that it can't be helped, but I feel that this was a waste of a round. Though, I'll abstain for now as well.

well I'm sorry for not helping us find the mafia this round okay. i'm still getting use to playing this game... i dont want to mess up and whined up killing an innocent. just 'cause they seemed suspicious. its a good way to get myself killed if i started something the first round throwing out random accusations at people.

I don't think that Carmen or myself were calling you out in particular, but I'm sorry if you thought that. I think we were both just mentioning how in abstaining we aren't really getting any information to go off of. You aren't the only person to abstain, y'know :p and I'm sure Carmen just used your quote as a way to prove a point to everyone, not to point out a flaw in your thinking alone.

Don't be so defensive over the little things, it's more suspicious than anything you've said up to now ;P

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Nothing Happens

Indecision
Disorder in the Town Hall
No death. Instead, haiku.​

Status
Not open for further replies.