• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 3: Mafia Day Trois (27-29 Sept) Exhaustive Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Mafia Strike Again

Once again, we are witness to a double homocide. Once again, it's just as tragic but fairly more graphic and repugnant.

The corpse of Chadwyck was found in his own home, his body heavily burned and covered in candle wax, experts claiming he was assaulted by candle-wielding maniacs. An examination of his body revealed that he was the Bus Driver, and a Townsperson.

At the same time, the body of RMA was found after neighbours noticed a large amount of black smoke coming from his garage. When the door opened, a cascade of exhaust fumes came out with a low rumbling of the engine of the car finally gave in. He had been dead for mere minutes when the car finally cut out. Later, experts discovered that RMA was a townsperson.​

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Re: Mafia Day Trois (27-29 Sept) Exhaustive Wax

Oh no, Chad's dead! Sem must have killed him out of petty, irl-friend spite!

Well, this game isn't turning out so well >->;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Chad's killing almost seems like the Karu situation all over again. Maybe Sem did it just to be funny (and it would be the perfect cover after what happened to Karu), or maybe someone's trying to frame him too. Sem's an easy target, and Chad certainly isn't the first person I'd suspect as being a worry to the mafia.

Alex was the first to call Karu out last day. He said that it seemed like an obvious move, but I didn't buy it then and after the Karu mix up I really don't buy it now. As amusing as it would be to lynch your best friend, unless someone had a death wish they wouldn't test the fates like that.

I'll be the first to say lynch Alex. Not going to wait to vote because we're dropping like flies here and I can't help but feel like we're being played.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Pretty bold of you, Katie, taking on the big man. I do agree with Katie when she talks about Alex's initial reasoning for Karu to be pretty weak.

"But wait, Sem! You jumped onboard that bandwagon without question right after Alex!"

It's true, I did. Though, I had my own twisted reasons. Throwing Karu under the bus got us all talking, more to each other than about Karu. I thought that the ability to be able to judge and examine each others posts would prove more useful in the end than Karu's continued participation in the game - plus there was the chance that he was mafia.

Twisted logic? I suppose, but you've come to expect it from me ;P And yes, I do realize that it shines a bit of suspicion on me, but I figure it's worth the risk to explain myself than to keep quiet, especially when I too think that Alex is actually mafia.

Karu was an easy target and I think Alex realized that and used it to his advantage. The points used against Karu were fairly weak overall imo, but it was enough to get a ball rolling. Plus, Alex knows that he carries a lot of influence, and anything he says is going to be looked at more closely by everyone, simply because he's Alex.

Also, c'mon, El would make someone like Alex mafia. I say Lynch Alex.

I also wanna shine a little light on Jerty. Chad randomly accused him last round and now he's dead. That puts Jerty at least at the same level of suspicion as me.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator

This is Alex posting on Rach's account 'cos it's just easier with the current situation here:

I still stand by my reasoning for being suspicious of Karu. Like I said, if I were in that position, killing off my best friend would be my first move, just for the lulz - and maybe to make it easier to hide it from them.

Considering that's my main reasononing for suspecting Karu (and it's not like I was alone, and pretty much everyone agreed with me by the time he'd let it linger unchallenged for so long that it just seemed like he was avoiding it deliberately), if I were Mafia, you can be pretty certain that Katie wouldn't be in the game right now. :p

I think a few people threw up suspicion last round - mostly as a result of my direct challenge to Karu - and I've got some theories. But I think I'll hold off for a while before making any decisions this time.

I also think that Sem's being deliberately suspicious and drawing attention to himself more than is probably safe to do so (though it's amazing no-one considered this suspicious before now). I don't necessarily think he's Mafia, 'cos I think he's playing it too overtly for it to be the case - but I do suspect him of being in one of the special roles as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if he were the Mad Bomber and was actively trying to get someone to fall for it.

So, yeah, I'm not mafia. I think pinning it on me just because I was forthright and outspoken is not really taking into account who I am. I felt Karu had the most motive and suspicion of anyone from the very, very small amount of info we had to go on after the first round and felt that openly calling him out on it would be enough to rattle some cages and hopefully bring out some new info at least. It was his own absence (for whatever reason it may have been) that really sealed his fate - something I know Katie agrees with me on.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Prof. Cinders said:
It was his own absence (for whatever reason it may have been) that really sealed his fate - something I know Katie agrees with me on.

I do, and it really didn't do him any favors waiting. But I still feel that you've been awfully suspicious, and I guess there's no going back on my vote now since El made the new rule. :x

That said, who would you suspect? Just Sem, or anyone else? You're certainly not the only person I'm suspecting right now. Belle and Sem are on my list, and the fact that neither Red or Shocari - two players who are considered threatening - have been targeted by mafia yet makes me VERY suspicious. It's like all of the big players are being avoided and I can't help but wonder why.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator

All four of the members you've listed definitely raised suspicion in some way last round - but I do feel that Sem is playing his hand too forcefully for it to really make sense for him to be Mafia. Unless he's trying a double bluff - but with two Mafia families anyway, it just winds up making him a much larger target.

In general, I suspect that all four, Sem, Belle, Sho and Red all have special roles, and this is what's pushing them to the forefront and playing their own personal agendas. The ever-dwindling numbers with no roles brought up yet at all kinda plays into the law of averages pushing for this to be the case, too.

So, yeah, my suspicions for now definitely lie in the 'roles' camp rather than specifically 'mafia' camp, but again, with so many townspeople picked off and no mafia caught in the cross fire at all so far, I'd say it's very likely one of those four is Mafia at least, so I'd definitely lean towards one of them for my vote.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

This whole thing interests me, I think Sem probably isn't mafia, someone is probably just making us think he is to waste a days lynch.

I do suspect Alex yeah, and at the minute he's the guy I suspect the most on the same grounds as what the others have pretty much said. In saying that I won't vote yet as I wanna see what a few of the other players think first.

But I will say going to kill Sem would probably end up a waste

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

You guys need to stop jumping straight into lynching people when you can't change your votes. Gosh.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

It's more fun this way.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator

It is kind of funny to accuse me of being suspicious for kicking off with a vote to lynch Karu by kicking off with a vote to lynch me. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Prof. Cinders said:
It is kind of funny to accuse me of being suspicious for kicking off with a vote to lynch Karu by kicking off with a vote to lynch me. :p

I am well aware of this fact. XD

omg ;;
oh Chad
hhgngnngnbghfhgf </3

well

I honestly don't think that Sem's being set up the same way Karu was - I feel like that would be too obvious. Unless the Mafia is using that as a ploy because they think we won't suspect him for that same reasoning and have therefore done just that?

Whatever, point is, I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't suspect Karu yesterday until the turning point at the end, in which the few of us that had hesitated to vote for his lynching finally decided that his silence was reason enough to hop on board.

In fact, I would never have thought of the link between them at all until Alex mentioned it in the first post of the board. As we're all aware, it didn't take long until the majority of people had jumped on board.
It was suggested that this in itself makes it highly possible that Alex is indeed mafia, as it'd complete the set-up of framing Karu for Toru's murder.

I mean, as Alex has pointed out a few times now, it did make sense.

In general, I suspect that all four, Sem, Belle, Sho and Red all have special roles, and this is what's pushing them to the forefront and playing their own personal agendas. The ever-dwindling numbers with no roles brought up yet at all kinda plays into the law of averages pushing for this to be the case, too.

All four of us? That's a little too strange. Why would El give four very passionate players special roles? Why not let some fresh blood have a shot? In any case, I haven't been at the forefront at all this game. I'm quite content to sit back and just jump on bandwagons as long as time will allow, and then I'll start actually doing something once it's clear I'm actually needed. I was too active in the past, so now I'm trying the other end of the spectrum.

I do agree that Sem has some sort of special role, though. Out of everyone, he's most likely to, and his posts are saying the same thing. What he is is up to speculation, but without a doubt in my mind, I know he has some power beyond ours.

I'm not voting just yet. You guys are only voting to lynch Alex because it "would make sense". If Alex in fact framed Karu, why would he bother telling us his plan? He just happened to notice something that we didn't, and probably wouldn't have until much later in the day; possibly even too late for it to matter anymore. By no means am I defending Alex, I just don't find your logic for voting against him logical enough for my liking.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Guys, I already told you that I'm a member of the Illuminati Mafia, along with Belle. *does secret handshake with Sem and Sho* >>

But seriously, after looking through everything thus far I have two prime suspects at the moment: Alex and Jerty. Both dead men think that Jerty had a hand in their deaths, so there's that, plus just a lot of what he did was suspicious. We obviously can't rule out the possibility of him being used as a pawn, though. I mean, I tried that in the first game and most of you fine folks are smart. ;P

As for Alex, I really wouldn't be that surprised if he ends up pulling a Sem in where he is a townsfolk but ends up doing more damage than the mafia themselves do by blinding leading everyone down the wrong trail. If this is true, then he really should be killed just to protect everyone. :x

However, I just want to comment on Katie. I have my eye on you, Young Lady! You were primed to murder every last person last game if it wasn't for a lucky turn of events in Day 1, so we know that you are a master manipulator and more than willing to kill us all. And putting mafia two games in a row would lull us a bit more and make her murdering all the easier. I'm not saying that Katie is, I'm simply saying that she seems to hop aboard everything pretty quickly (including leading this "bandwagon" against Alex). Just food for thought, folks.

Also, you're damn right I'm a threat! D:< I'm the Mother F**king Batman!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shocari said:

All four of us? That's a little too strange. Why would El give four very passionate players special roles? Why not let some fresh blood have a shot?

He's playing the odds. Out of everyone who's died so far, all were towns people and one was the bus driver. We have both families of mafia left intact, and we have all the other roles. Obviously the majority of us left are either mafia, the doctor, the detective, or the priest. The Mad Bomber can be either, but if it is a towns person add that to the pile as well.

So, yeah, I can't say I'd disagree with that assertion from Alex. I actually find it odd that you would. Who exactly would this "fresh blood" be when basically everyone playing this 'round is a Pokecharms regular? :x

Sir Red said:
However, I just want to comment on Katie. I have my eye on you, Young Lady! You were primed to murder every last person last game if it wasn't for a lucky turn of events in Day 1, so we know that you are a master manipulator and more than willing to kill us all. And putting mafia two games in a row would lull us a bit more and make her murdering all the easier. I'm not saying that Katie is, I'm simply saying that she seems to hop aboard everything pretty quickly (including leading this "bandwagon" against Alex). Just food for thought, folks.

This game I've got nothing to hide. The towns people are dying off at an alarming rate, and I have a hunch the 3-day no activity rule is going to hurt us even harder too. Considering that I died first 'round last game (*fistshakes at Data D=<*), it's nice to be able to actually play this time but we're going to lose at this rate. And I don't want us to die before we actually do anything. xp

I voted for Alex right off because I both wanted to see how others would react and I feel that I'm probably right. Even before Karu waited to reply and the evidence against him was incredibly shaky, Alex seemed dead certain that Karu was the culprit. I did and still find that odd. Maybe it IS just Alex being Alex, or maybe my assumptions are correct. It's 50-50. If there's strong doubt in my vote against him, use your votes to keep Alex alive.

Bottom line however? Barely anyone has actually been discussing stuff this game, and everyone's shy about posting after the previous night. XD I wanted to get the ball rolling, so I put my lynch vote out there.

Oh... one more thing to throw out there. If the next night 'round ends up being two townies dead again, I'd say it's very likely that the double agent is part of both mafia families. It's just a bit too coincidental imo.

Sir Red said:
As for Alex, I really wouldn't be that surprised if he ends up pulling a Sem in where he is a townsfolk but ends up doing more damage than the mafia themselves do by blinding leading everyone down the wrong trail. If this is true, then he really should be killed just to protect everyone. :x

I agree 100% with this, however we still don't have many leads to go on and I'm still clueless about who anyone is...Everyone is playing a lot smarter this time around. That said, like Sem mentioned in the first post, I do think we need to start somewhere. So far Alex and Jerty have both been accused, but my gut is telling me not to accuse either because something is telling me that one is the mad bomber and I -don't- want to get someone killed by accusing them.

Someone mentioned Sho being quiet, but I think that's because he's just toning it down from the last game <<

That said, Alex and Jerty still have the most evidence against them...Alex was the one who brought up that Karu likely killed Toru because it was something he would do to a best friend playing mafia. Now, I don't believe Alex could actually be that obvious if he were mafia. I do however, think he would try to be clever by using a smokescreen in killing Toru and then framing Karu which he did successfully.

Jerty on the other hand was accused by Chad and then Chad ends up dead the next round. That could be a frame-up as well by someone else, so I'm less inclined to accuse Jerty as I am Alex.

tl;dr, but I'm not actually voting until Alex defends himself.

Linkachu said:
Oh... one more thing to throw out there. If the next night 'round ends up being two townies dead again, I'd say it's very likely that the double agent is part of both mafia families. It's just a bit too coincidental imo.

I always forget about that role fhgshfdf

But Katie, you have to be mindful of what you say </3
I mean, the mafia and even the Double Agent read this too, yeah?
If anything they may choose townspeople again just to spite us, or might have been aligned with both the Townspeople and one of the Mafia families, and have chosen to side with the mafia.

Although if they're a townsperson/mafia does that mean that they know who all the Townspeople are and their roles?
Or do they just know the special roles and not who the rest of the townspeople are or the other mafia family?
Because that could also explain it I guess.
Maybe.
idek dsfgsdsga

And with regard to this
Shocari said:
I'm not voting just yet. You guys are only voting to lynch Alex because it "would make sense". If Alex in fact framed Karu, why would he bother telling us his plan? He just happened to notice something that we didn't, and probably wouldn't have until much later in the day; possibly even too late for it to matter anymore. By no means am I defending Alex, I just don't find your logic for voting against him logical enough for my liking.

Sho you of all people know that defending a popular target will do nothing but make you look even more suspicious.
And frankly I'm going to have to disagree.
I don't recall Alex ever 'telling us his plan' but if you're referring to the accusation he made in the first post of the second day, well.
You've said it yourself.

Shocari said:
He just happened to notice something that we didn't, and probably wouldn't have until much later in the day; possibly even too late for it to matter anymore.

None of us would have noticed it otherwise.
If the intention was to frame Karu, which would have behooved the mafia and evidently did, this was likely the only way to go about it.
So I don't really see where you're coming from with this counter-argument, but it's worth saying that while I am really very suspicious of Alex, I've also got my eye on Jerty.
And you too, Katie, even though ilu.

and also Red I GUESS -secretilluminatibrohandshakedsfgdfghdf-

Another two townspersons dead? God, it's not looking good for our town, is it?

Looking at what has been said so far, I'm starting to have suspicions for Jerty. I'm not sure what to think of Alex, in all honesty, and somehow I don't find him very suspicious. I can't really tell why.

So, yeah, I'm going to be a hipster and vote to lynch Jerty.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Belle said:
Linkachu said:

I always forget about that role fhgshfdf

But Katie, you have to be mindful of what you say </3
I mean, the mafia and even the Double Agent read this too, yeah?
If anything they may choose townspeople again just to spite us, or might have been aligned with both the Townspeople and one of the Mafia families, and have chosen to side with the mafia.

Although if they're a townsperson/mafia does that mean that they know who all the Townspeople are and their roles?
Or do they just know the special roles and not who the rest of the townspeople are or the other mafia family?
Because that could also explain it I guess.
Maybe.

I don't think the double agent would know anything we didn't if they were part towns person. They'd know their mafia family only because that's openly shared. If they were part of both mafia families however, they'd obviously know all of the mafia membrs and, in turn, who the towns people are.

As far as being careful... I'd rather say the stuff on my mind now instead of waiting and being killed off. Mind you, the graveyard gives us an extra chance to voice those suspicions, which is cool, but it doesn't let us vote.

The one plus of the double agent being part of both mafia families is that we'd kill two birds with one stone if we managed to off 'em. That would take some really good luck however, unless the detective managed to identify 'em correctly and somehow got the info to us.

~Considering that I find you equally suspicious, ilu2 Belle ;)

Edit: Mrghy. Thought more about what Belle said, and the probability of mafia hitting the opposing mafia members really isn't that high (yet) when 16 players are still left. Still, it's something to consider...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

My physical situation right now (I'm having to type this on my phone) means I can't really go into it much, but I do agree with the suspicion falling on jerty and while I can't be sure to of the mafia status of the four other members i've discussed so far, jerty's actions seem far more overtly mafioso.

I will vote for lynching jerty.

Woah, woah, woah woah.

Before all voting to lynch me, stop and think about this. I'm not letting this go the same as last round. What real evidence do you have against me? Ok, so Chad accused me lightly and I defended myself. The fact that he's dead now does make me look suspicious, I'll give you that. All that's happened is people saying "Oh, Jerty's actions seem very mafia-like to me" and that may also be influenced by the voices we hear in the graveyard, but there is more to it than that. Doctor Oak seems to be quite suspicious, jumping on a "bandwagon" which Dark Soul "created". Speaking of Dark:
Dark Soul said:
I'm not sure what to think of Alex, in all honesty, and somehow I don't find him very suspicious. I can't really tell why.
Maybe because both of you are mafia? Well, if I get lynched then we're not making any progress, just be sure to lynch Doctor Oak next for this suspicious behaviour, or any others accusing me for "acting like he's mafia, but I'm not sure why" (Dark I'm don't know about, I'll keep a close eye on you).
I've pretty much made my mind up now, so I'm going to vote to lynch Doctor Oak. I'll also have an eye on Sem, even if it's as a spirit, leaving whispers in the graveyard.

I really think I've said all I need to regarding what I think of Alex's role in all of this :c

And at this point I really don't think I'm going to change my mind about his standing, so I'm just gonna have to go with my gut and vote to lynch Alex.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Doesn't look like there's much I can say at this point to really turn things around, but you're making a poor choice in lynching me, so be wary of those pushing for it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Although to start with I agreed with lynching Alex after more thoughts the wiser move is to lynch jerty. I don't trust that guy from the way he's been speaking, on the other hand nor can I trust Alex and I highly suspect him but Jerty has just caught my attention more for the moment and pushed me towards my final vote.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

This is actually a very interesting round, never before have we had quite such a divided group this late in the game. I actually like it, it makes the game all the more fun. Plus this way I get to really channel my detectiveness. ;D

Anyways, I'm still not entirely sure as to who to vote for. :x I'm feeling that Jerty may just be a pawn, really. I'm really thinking that taking Alex out might be a good idea. Also, I'm watching those of you (that aren't Alex) that are going after Jerty. Dem's reasoning for going after Jerty as opposed to Alex just seems to be really lacking. Clearly the case against Alex has been stacked up (and Jerty and Alex throwing each other under the bus is a natural response) and yet Dem chooses to disregard it all simply because Jerty speaks in an "untrustworthy" manner. DS did the same thing. That many people defending Alex, admittedly better than people have in the previous games, just reeks of suspicion to me.

So yeah, after writing this post out I have to go with Lynching Alex. Plus, Alex wouldn't admit he was wrong even when he was proven wrong about Karu. :p

Linkachu wrote:
Who exactly would this "fresh blood" be when basically everyone playing this 'round is a Pokecharms regular? :x

Well Katie, by "fresh blood" I mean the people to whom this is their first game. Yeah, they may or may not have been watching the others(or at least read up on them), but it's completely different in application. You can say all you want from the sidelines, but inside the cage it's a different story. You have to be careful, or it could cost you.

Carmen wrote:
Someone mentioned Sho being quiet, but I think that's because he's just toning it down from the last game <<
Also, Carmen, my play is happening this weekend, so I'm also a little pressed for time to be on here and say a lot, but I'm still able to do stuff like I am now. But it's working out for me, I'd say. Or at least, it's helping me be less personal :D

Belle wrote:

Shocari wrote:

Sho you of all people know that defending a popular target will do nothing but make you look even more suspicious.[/quote]

As I said at the end of that, I wasn't defending Alex. I just didn't find the current logic at the time enough to be convincing. Now, however, with the day having progressed much, much further, I'm suspicious of both Alex and Jerty. That being said, I'm at odds as to who to vote for, so I just happened to have a coin around...

and Jerty should be lynched. Yay coin-flips >>

Also posting from my phone at midnight so I won't go into to much detail. I still think Alex is more suspicious than Jerty so I vote to lynch Alex although I'm paranoid about him being the mad bomber. Well, both of them actually lol

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shocari said:
Linkachu wrote:
Who exactly would this "fresh blood" be when basically everyone playing this 'round is a Pokecharms regular? :x

You have to be careful, or it could cost you.

Interesting wording there. Was that just reference to your point, or was that a threat? =o

(P.S. - the majority of this current mafia game's players are also past mafia players, minus Alex, Dem, and maybe a few others. Even if El did try to be nice to newbies, he'd still have to give veterans some special roles - the numbers alone prove that.

I'm still not sure what you've been hoping to achieve with a defense like this. It's simply making you look more and more like you have something to hide. ;x)

Lynch Alex

I still think you guys overthink this game xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Agreed. It'd be horribly boring otherwise~ ;D

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Oh hey I actually play this game.

Ahem.

Well, well, we haven't got a major bandwagon, which is a first. Upon thinking about it for a while, I think I'm going to vote to Lynch Alex, for the reasons everyone else stated. Jerty strikes me as suspicious, but less so right now.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Sir Red said:
Dem's reasoning for going after Jerty as opposed to Alex just seems to be really lacking. Clearly the case against Alex has been stacked up (and Jerty and Alex throwing each other under the bus is a natural response) and yet Dem chooses to disregard it all simply because Jerty speaks in an "untrustworthy" manner.

I'm just not over thinking and going with gut feeling here. I don't trust Alex nor Jerty like I said but I trust Alex slightly more then Jerty hence my voting.

Au contraire to Dem, I am purely working with a gut feeling here. Jerty and Alex are, at this point, the two main suspects- And I decided to go with Jery just because I had a feeling it was right. If it turns out I'm wrong, that'd really, really suck and I'll do the exact opposite of what my subconsious says in the future.

Well, I should have expected this truckload of posts to read, I might have to drop out of school to keep up with this...

This is new though, we hardly ever get torn between two suspects. Alex and Jerty are the main suspects, and I didn't count the votes against them yet. I suspected both of them for reasons already stated, such as Alex's bandwagon on Karu, and Chad's death for suspicions against Jerty. I decided to vote for Alex because mafia or not, it would be safer if we had less opportunity to follow him blindly into accusations like that, such is the power of the Chief. Although, it is likely that when we lynch one, we'll lynch the other the following day. So I'm pretty sure that everybody will get what they want eventually.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Another Mob Assault

The town were split today, torn between the suspicious actions of two people. It was close, but the town finally decided to lynch Doctor Oak.

In an ironic display, they forced him into a room with a large neon timer. Before him was a boiler, that was shaking violently and releasing a great quantity of black smoke. They handed him a toolbox, and locked the door. With less than a minute, Alex failed to disarm the boiler and met a gruesome, disfiguring and ultimately lethal death.

An investigation into his body revealed that he was a Townsperson, and also the Mad Bomber.

However, Brendan lingered too close to the door when Alex's Mad Bombs went off, and he was caught in the explosion too. He was later revealed to be a member of Joyeuse.​

Status
Not open for further replies.