• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 3: Mafia Day Cinque (5-7 Oct) Sweet Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Mafia Duel At Dawn

Hundreds today turned up at the break of dawn to watch the fight, though no one knew what was really going on. The combatants both had their rapiers, both duelling on the railings of the walkways, steel flashing with each strike. They battled over the vast vats of sugary substances, still molten and ready to be shaped and sold. In a daring move, Carmen lunged under Red's guard and knocked his sword away before aiming a powerful sweet at his shoulder. At the last moment, Red jumped forward and ended up bisecting himself. However, his momentum threw him into Carmen, who stumbled and fell off the side of the railing and into a vat of taffy.

Investigations afterwards revealed Carmen to be a member of Colichemarde and Red to be a member of Joyeuse.

Additionally, the body of dafg was found at his home. He has been dead for quite some time, but there were no signs of murder. Dafg was revealed to be a townsperson

Re: Mafia Day Cinque (5-7 Oct) Sweet Conflict

Oh snap.
That is just
extraordinary.
I don't even know what feelings to feel first.
I think 'elated' would be a good one to start with :'D

Glados.png

this was a triumph

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Lost one townspeople but other then that we've done well :'D

I thought that getting rid of two mafia yesterday was good, but today another two've got rid of themselves! Well done guys, we're making good progress! :))

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Belle said:
this was a triumph

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!

8D

This has been a good night~
But I had it backwards. I assumed Carmen was part of Sem's mafia family and Red was part of the other. Interesting turn of events. ♥

So... Uh. What now? =x

Belle said:
Oh snap.
That is just
extraordinary.
I don't even know what feelings to feel first.
I think 'elated' would be a good one to start with :'D

I like how unspecific you were in that post, Belle :o

Which two of the three are you pleased about, dear?

... the two that weren't townspeople? I didn't think any specifics were necessary in this case.

Dafg was actually a player that had been inactive for five days rather than the three that normally constitute being killed due to inactivity soooooooooo?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Belle said:
... the two that weren't townspeople? I didn't think any specifics were necessary in this case.

Dafg was actually a player that had been inactive for five days rather than the three that normally constitute being killed due to inactivity soooooooooo?

Yeah sorry, I was reluctant to kill anyone through inactivity because nearly everyone WAS active. That was my bad on the delayed death.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Okay... I guess nobody is going to throw out accusations, so I'll start. Obviously I'm not mafia, and sorry for accusing anyone who isn't either. ^^;

Belle, you've had me suspicious for the entire game. If you ended up being mafia, possibly even the double agent, I wouldn't be surprised. But then of course, you could be the doctor or the detective. I'm just quite sure by this point that my early assumptions were right, and you are hiding something.

LoN, I've found the way you've played this game a bit too aloof. It's one thing not to "over think" things, but it's another to disregard evidence completely and have zero reasoning to back up your choices. If you're not even going to do that... why are you playing? ;x
Considering that you opted to lynch me out of nowhere it's pretty sound that you're not the detective, but if you're a towns person you're not giving much proof to support that either.

I also have my eye on Ked, who avoided the game for several days and just suddenly popped up out of nowhere to vote last minute.

I'm not moving on anything right now, nor am I fully convinced that the person I finally will decide to lynch actually is mafia. Thoughts from the rest of you 'lot?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

At great risk of sticking my neck out again, I'm actually finding Belle the most suspicious so far. She's been completely whiter-than-white thus far, and I think she's playing a very clever game indeed. I'll hold off the lynch for now (because ilu Belle sorry ;_;), but it'd be interesting to see what she says.

I'm just going to preface all this by saying that I am playing this game just the same way that I did last round - in which case I was also the top suspect for many players even in innocence.
I'd honestly be more concerned if you didn't have your suspicions of me, because then I would be playing this game aaallllll wrong |D

So, right on, let's get crackin' ♥

Linkachu said:
Belle, you've had me suspicious for the entire game. If you ended up being mafia, possibly even the double agent, I wouldn't be surprised. But then of course, you could be the doctor or the detective. I'm just quite sure by this point that my early assumptions were right, and you are hiding something.
Katie I am quite aware of how much you suspect me, especially very early on in the game before any of the Mafia had been picked off |D
I can understand why you're suspicious, I think (maybe (not really actually could you elaborate on that because I never really figured it out)), but regarding that I've pretty much said all I needed to on that topic above :B
I know I asked you what you meant when you said you thought that I had been hiding something, and I guess I can see where you're coming from with that, too. Kind of.
To be honest though, I can't really see or pick up on anything I might have said, either here on the boards or even during one of our discussions in chat that might have been particularly suspicious - but I'm just looking at it objectively, maybe you picked up on something and interpreted it wrong? :c
Not saying that you're wrong in thinking things or anything D:
but um
where was I going with this again
So okay, well, I'm really not sure what to tell you to earn your trust - though I know you make it a point not to trust anyone, I get that |D
To be honest, I'm more inclined to agree with your accusations of Ked - not just to get you guys off my back, that's just an added bonus, but I got kind of suspicious as well when she appeared from nowhere a second time to cast a vote and vanish again - like she was just trying to avoid the Inactivity Gallows while still managing to work behind the scenes.
I dunno, I'm just guessing, but I'm always more suspicious of the quiet ones, even if that tactic didn't work in my favor last game :V

And obviously I find LoN rather suspicious as well, if not only for accusing me seemingly out of nowhere. I feel like the comment he made could really have been applied to any of the people who posted shortly after the announcement was made, but he decided to single me out :c (<///////////3)
This is really just my own thought processes, but if he was mafia it may have just been an easy way to pin the attention today on one of the louder voices in the game - Katie was obviously out of the question since her role has become known to the public, so perhaps I was the next best target?
I dunno just throwing stuff out there for consideration.

And, Peetus, you know ilu, but I'm mainly suspicious of you too mostly for the fact that you've been awful quiet all game (DEM QUIET ONES DSFGDGH), but also because Red - who turned out to himself be Mafia AND had managed to pick out two of the however-many-members-of-each-mafia-family-there-are (four? three? are we going by the ratios of previous games?), had his own suspicions of you that he voiced in the Graveyard yesterday I think.
I mean, he's probably got a better idea of who may or may not be mafia than we do, but at the same time the families took so long to start hitting other members that maybe he knows just as much as we do :'D

At any rate, I'd love to give you guys a more solid defense than simply voicing my own thoughts and suspicions, but other than Peetus' whiter-than-white comment (sob I am not that paaallleeeee sob), which by-the-by may just be because I've got nothing to be guilty of ;3, I really don't know what else to tell you guys. Hurrp.

ALSO I REMINDED MYSELF OF SOMETHING
I think a couple days ago or yesterday I don't remember, Sem mentioned something about thinking that the Double Agent would be townie-mafia instead of both mafia families because of the length of time they had gone without either family doing much more than just killing off townies - Even last night's rather impressive duel was evidently a result of both Carmen and Red suspecting one another and acting upon it. Other than that, I don't think any mafia members have been killed by the opposing family overnight ' 3'
Correct me if I'm wrong though, my memory is clouded by information on Eyewitness Reliability and significant case files and their impact on the judicial system because I'm procrastinating in writing a paper for class right now |D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Call it a gut feeling, Belle. Like Data, I think you're playing a clever game and you have something to lose. I just can't be sure which side would be losing.

But now, something else...

Mr and/or Mrs Detective, you're playing this game too quietly. You have 100% proof now that you can trust me, and if you don't want to share your intel here then don't. We're allowed to PM and query eachother - that's not rule breaking. But srsly now, you gotta give me more to work with before I'm killed. I'm sure the only reason I'm alive now was planned and not accidental, so don't waste this opportunity.

Katie - I've gotta say, I'm not that much interested in your attack on me any more, as you've already said you're the priest. Your suspicion is noted but also unnecessary as I'm interested in getting rid of the mafia here XD

I agree with your gut feeling over Belle, too.

Lynch Belle

... LoN I'm sure you can understand why it is that I'm even more suspicious of you right now.
And it's not just because you voted to lynch me mind, though that was mean :c

This is the second time this game that you have opted to lynch someone out of nowhere - the first being Katie.
I'm going to refer back the the post that I made this morning regarding my own suspicions about you:

Belle said:
And obviously I find LoN rather suspicious as well, if not only for accusing me seemingly out of nowhere. I feel like the comment he made could really have been applied to any of the people who posted shortly after the announcement was made, but he decided to single me out :c (<///////////3)
This is really just my own thought processes, but if he was mafia it may have just been an easy way to pin the attention today on one of the louder voices in the game - Katie was obviously out of the question since her role has become known to the public, so perhaps I was the next best target?
I dunno just throwing stuff out there for consideration.

Actually I'm pretty sure that's all I really wanted to say.
I feel like you're gunning for easy targets right now and jumping on what Katie's saying because she's the one that everyone trusts. This'd be a really good way for any lurking mafia to fly under the radar.
Plus voting before any real discussion got rolling - which is to say, anything more than what's already popped up, is pretty hasty.
Or at least that's just what I think P:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

LoN said:
Katie - I've gotta say, I'm not that much interested in your attack on me any more, as you've already said you're the priest. Your suspicion is noted but also unnecessary as I'm interested in getting rid of the mafia here XD

My point is that there's no real proof that you are out to get the mafia. ;x

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

ffff.

dammit Belle stop putting up a good defense >:o

Right now, I'm honestly not sure what to say. I still have my doubts about pretty much everyone in this game bar Katie, and I'm keenly interested to see how her announcement yesterday will affect her.

I'm going to hedge my bets for now. LoN, defend your honour, and I'll choose my vote from there. never mind, I'm not going to be able to rest until I've chanced my arm, no matter what that might bring me. Let's see if lightning can strike twice.

Lynch Belle.

(inb4 Belle being innocent >>)

Belle said:
This is the second time this game that you have opted to lynch someone out of nowhere - the first being Katie.

I disagree, I actually find you really suspicious for reasons previously stated. But my point is irrelevant as my vote is already cast, all I can do is wait and see what happens now :)

Linkachu said:
I also have my eye on Ked, who avoided the game for several days and just suddenly popped up out of nowhere to vote last minute.
I can certainly see why you would suspect me. I haven't been posting because I am slow, hesitant, and forgetful. I always decide to put posting off for later and then when I come back the topic is locked.

Right now I'm most suspicious of LoN. Like you guys said, he just comes out and accuses someone with no proof whatsoever. Also, I find it odd that he was so willing to lynch Katie before and now he's agreeing with her. He could just be trying to make himself look like a townsperson by agreeing with someone innocent.

Belle seems suspicious too, just less than LoN does. Lynch LoN

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Lon plays a fun game of randomly picking someone to lynch and not backing it up with any sorta proof, I don't suspect him too much other then the fact he's just playing an odd game in the way he picks people off. I'm not happy with the way he wanted to kill Katie off yet now he agrees with her, but hey this s mafia stuff happens xD and I trust him more then Belle for the minute.

Belle Ilu and I'm sorry but I have been suspicious of you for sometime, and you seem to be pretty quiet in this game. I know there isn't excuses for being quiet but I started college just as this sorta started and I was busy settling into that and didn't pay this as much attention as I should have and tended to jump on the bandwagon.

Anyway I think it's pointless killing Lon for the minute (we can always get him next round), so Lynch Belle sorry ilu ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sorry Belle. I want to trust you, but I've been given a strong tip that you're actually the double agent and part of both mafia families (not part towns person). My source seems pretty reliable, so I have no reason not to believe them. :(

Going to have to join the others here. Lynch Belle. Ked is very likely mafia too, but a double agent who's part of both families is much more dangerous.

I don't know what Katie's "reliable source" is, but I don't really think that Belle's mafia. LoN saying that she agreed with Katie's "gut feeling" doesn't help either... LoN's not the detective because Katie's the priest (and I don't think the priest can be mafia) so, even though I can't change my vote, I choose to lynch LoN. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I just find you more suspicious than anyone else at the moment.

You're sweet to support me Jerty, but this was over when Petey jumped LoN's baby bandwagon - Katie's vote made it the majority. Thanks though ; v;

... well,
That and I'd hate for your trust to remain misplaced, though unfortunately so. Can't say I wanted it to end like this.
tumblr_lsoi5qIb151qerl1po1_500.gif

You're breakin' my heart, Katie :c
And I was going to spare you, too, in the end~
Though, I guess there's really only one question remaining:
Exactly how much do you think I lied to you? Or didn't lie to you?

How much do you really trust me? ♥​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I trust you enough to know you are mafia, at least partially so. The rest, I dunno. I guess we'll find out once the bell tolls. :x

jertyuiop said:
I choose to lynch LoN. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I just find you more suspicious than anyone else at the moment.

You're wrong sir, just saying that outright ^^ I have no plans to lynch you ever right now, but I'm just gonna say :) Townsperson all the way, sorry to you guys who expect super long drawn out silly essays and dissertations from me, like other people always give in this game ^^;

Demelza said:
Anyway I think it's pointless killing Lon for the minute (we can always get him next round)

</3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

No dissing mah super long drawn out dissertations! D:<

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Frozen Delight (and Death)

In a bold move, the majority of the townspeople moved to lynch Belle. In an almost kind display, they dropped her into a vat of ice cream and sealed the lid, leaving her to drown in mint-choc-chip.

An investigation into the deceased revealed that she was the Double Agent, and was a member of Both Colichemarde and Joyeuse.​

Status
Not open for further replies.