• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 3: Day 2 (23-25 Sept.) Poisonous Stampede

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Vicious Double Homocide

Experts were baffled this morning after a herd of cows broke free from their field. An examination of the gate keeping them in revealed that the lock had been tampered with and severely damaged. There was no controlling the cows in their mad bid for freedom. In an unfortunate display of wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time, Toru was caught in the middle of the flock and was crushed. An investigation revealed no clues, suggesting Toru was simply a normal man, and apparently returning from the shops.

Using the stampede as a cover, there was a second murder. Someone broke into a house, armed to the teeth with pesticides. Pesticides are known to be fatal when ingested, but this victim might not have realised the irony as he suffered his painful death. Weeds may have lived for up to half an hour after ingesting the harmful chemicals, but there was no saving him. An investigation into his body revealed nothing suspicious about him.

It seems these Mafia families are taking no chances this time around.​

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Re: Day 2 (23-25 Sept.) Poisonous Stampede

Karu was being pretty suspect in the previous topic, and I have to say that if I were in the position to lolkill one of my real life friends on an internet game, they'd be the first I'd pop, so I'm saying Karu is Mafia and should be burned at the stake or something.

R.I.P. Toru and Weeds, it's a shame two townspeople were killed.

There were no accusations made by them, apart from Weeds saying that El was the most suspicious. So unless El is mafia, there is no correlation that is visible. I admit that the previous day I was a bit too suspicious - I sort of knew that Karu was being serious, I was just waiting for him to abstain, but by the time I checked back I couldn't vote.
Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I'm going to see what people say and then I'm going to see who to lynch C: I'll keep my eyes on Karu as much as anyone else, even though Doctor Oak sees him as very suspicious.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

We still really don't have much to go on, and you people always insist on abstaining the first day. At least if we threw accusations around we'd be able to judge based on people's reactions ;P

Right now we're really no better off than we were yesterday, so anywhere would be a good place to start. I'll jump on the Oak bandwagon and vote Karu, because Alex and I are actually both mafia on the same team.

woah woooaaaahhhhhhhhhh
wait guys wait D:
I mean

I just think that we should wait to see how he defends himself before we actually start voting to lynch x:

I mean that said, accuse away
accuse ALL THE PLAYERS asdfgdfhdasd

I think Karu is the only standout player as of yet, based on his actions the previous day.

I won't lynch anyone yet though.

I'm not sure what to think about Karu, although his post in the previous thread did stand out from the rest a little. I'm not going to lynch anyone yet either, not with so little to work with.

Belle said:
Are you accusing yourself there Belle? Offering yourself to the gallows? Ready to be executed on your own whim?

Just Kidding Bellus.

I will say that Karu does stand out as a possible mafioso amongst others. Especially due to his IRL relationship to the deceased Toru. An epiphany I received on a visit to the local graveyard told me that Toru believed that Karu killed him to troll him, as an IRL friend. Whether there is truth in this, I don't know. Though Toru does seem like someone Karu would kill early, to rip off the band-aid early, so to say.

Then again, someone could have easily killed Toru to put it all on Karu. I'm not sure though, I too want to see Karu defend himself. Especially since he's new, and I have no idea how he would normally act in these given situations.

Just remember Karu, you're already walking across a fine line, watch your step.

I don't want to actually vote to lynch anyone just yet, in my opinion it was a bad move last round. By the time we actually saw someone defend themselves there were already like 249849283928 votes to kill them.

I will say that I want to see how Karu defends himself in light of this accusation, but I'm also thinking that Jerty... Jerty. Yes. Is a bit suspicious too, just a vibe I got from the R.I.P. statement and the "shame two townspeople were killed" statement that followed. It could be nothing, but that's what defense is for.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem said:
We still really don't have much to go on, and you people always insist on abstaining the first day. At least if we threw accusations around we'd be able to judge based on people's reactions ;P

You abstained first day too, y'know. ;p

Anyways, I was pretty much thinking along the same lines as Alex. Karu has a direct link to Toru, so it would make sense. There IS a chance that the mafia assumed we'd go that route however and Karu actually is innocent. It's so hard to tell at this point.

Since we have time, I'm waiting for Karu's reply and the replies from others who've yet to post. Might shed more light.

I find Toru's death rather odd. He made it quite clear that he wanted to actually partake in this game, yet was killed instantly, adding to his record of not being here. Rather odd. In my opinion, it's as if someone views Toru as being a threat, especially since his posting style is rather nonexistent and therefore hard to get a read off of.

As for Weeds, he's been a "pawn" of Mafia for two games in a row, if I remember correctly, so it would appear as if his death will force the Mafia team(s) to find someone else to abuse.

I'm going to wait for Karu to respond before I make a verdict.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Linkachu said:
You abstained first day too, y'know. ;p

I actually didn't do anything last round ;-D There was no point in voting since we would end up abstaining anyway.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Really it's strange and I think a lot of us are gonna jump to 'Karu is mafia' and that might not be it.

Surely Mafia is smart enough to make us think that? :p

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Are you suggesting I'm mafia? >=o Oh, wait, I said I was in an above post...

Belle said:
woah woooaaaahhhhhhhhhh
wait guys wait D:
I mean

I just think that we should wait to see how he defends himself before we actually start voting to lynch x:

I mean that said, accuse away

I'm sorry, Belle. I love you, but that post is suspicious. You tell us to wait and see what Karu will say to defend himself, and then immediately after, you want us to forego that and just accuse anyway? Which is it that you want us to do? As it stands, you've contradicted yourself.

Sir Red said:
ow, to call somebody out at random...number 15 on the list, I am calling you out! D:< (Yay for Witch Trial-esque accusations~ :'D)

Red made a smart move, and randomly called out someone in an attempt to see who would make a suspicious post, to which no-one reacted. Looking at the list El gave us on Day One, number 15 is Carmen. However, should we condense 15 into a single digit, adding 1 and 5 gives us 6. So who's number 6 on that list? Why, none other than TORU. WHO IS NOW DEAD.

Coincidence? Maybe. Could Red actually be Mafia, and was giving us a subtle hint as to one of the victims? Who knows. Undeniably, Red is a strong player, and is a valuable asset to whatever team he's on. Should he be Mafia, I'm going to be scared senseless.

However, I'm not saying I'm accusing Belle or Red. These are just little things that I personally found to be slightly suspicious from their posts(although, the Red thing is most likely just a major overanalyzation).

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

jertyuiop said:
There were no accusations made by them, apart from Weeds saying that El was the most suspicious. So unless El is mafia, there is no correlation that is visible.

>;o

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Shocari said:
Sir Red said:
ow, to call somebody out at random...number 15 on the list, I am calling you out! D:< (Yay for Witch Trial-esque accusations~ :'D)

Red made a smart move, and randomly called out someone in an attempt to see who would make a suspicious post, to which no-one reacted. Looking at the list El gave us on Day One, number 15 is Carmen. However, should we condense 15 into a single digit, adding 1 and 5 gives us 6. So who's number 6 on that list? Why, none other than TORU. WHO IS NOW DEAD.

Sho...

*Pats Sho*

That is all. ;)

Moving on... I rather agree with Sho's other observation. I find Belle suspicious, both from what she's written this day and last day. But that said, I found Belle suspicious last game and she turned out to be innocent. ;D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I thought her suggestion to accuse everyone was more of a sarcastic joke really...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Karu's suggestion to lynch me on the previous day was a sarcastic joke too. ;)
I honestly don't think Karu's the reason for Toru's death at all now. Just seems far too obvious.

Regarding Belle, it's more than that one comment for me. It's the way she writes in general.~

But I am waiting. Someone has to slip up eventually. Hurry up and post everyone else so we can analyse you too. >=O

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Oh. I'm not lynching Karu because of what he said. It's just that we gotta start somewhere ;-D

guys I can't help being suspicious it's just I LOVE EVERYONE
and I do think people deserve to defend themselves.
And yes I was being sarcastic.
Accusing all the players would be counter-productive I think o:

Karu may very well be mafia, and he may very well be the priest as Toru suspected, but that's not the point.
The point is that all I said was that we should wait for him to explain himself, which we can then pick apart and make a decision about.
Because this is how we dooooooo

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem said:
Oh. I'm not lynching Karu because of what he said. It's just that we gotta start somewhere ;-D

And why shouldn't we start with you then? ;)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Oh Sho, my brother is absolutely ridiculous overthinking~ ♥ Also, I kind of hope Carmen really is mafia. :x I mean, it's Carmen! She's super nice so she'd make an awesome choice for mafia leader because she could be dismissed by simply saying "Dude, it's freaking Carmi! She can't be evil. You must be mafia for accusing her! D:<" My God...she's an evil mastermind! I'm a little scared now. I know too much! She's coming for me next! For the love of God, Doctor, save me!!! D: [/random nonsense]

Whoever made post number 11 in this thread, I accuse you now! (I will continue to do this until I have any actual leads to who is mafia. Till then I'm going to simply stir the pot and play a more fun game then I have the past two games.)

Darn it, why is this two pages long already...I hate not having a laptop because I don't like posting from my phone :-(

Anyway, this game is already interesting. I'll admit that my first instinct is to accuse Karu because while it may seem to be too obvious, people in the last game made some ' obvious' moves and it turned out they were mafia. Also, I agree with Sem: we really have to start somewhere before we really give mafia a huge leg up. Right now Karu just seems the most suspicious.

Edit because Red ninja'd: honestly by that logic, YOU could be mafia too. After, all we really trust you generally speaking.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Akira Rose said:
Anyway, this game is already interesting. I'll admit that my first instinct is to accuse Karu because while it may seem to be too obvious, people in the last game made some ' obvious' moves and it turned out they were mafia. Also, I agree with Sem: we really have to start somewhere before we really give mafia a huge leg up. Right now Karu just seems the most suspicious.

Edit because Red ninja'd: honestly by that logic, YOU could be mafia too. After, all we really trust you generally speaking.

I totally agree with you about not dismissing things because they seem too "obvious". We've seen that through two games people have slipped up and gotten lynched only to be revealed as mafia. So yeah, Karu is definitely a major suspect at this point in the game. However, I don't want to cast my vote just yet. I'll do what I did last game and wait until I'm sure we have a mafia member before going full-on Salem Witch Trial accusal of somebody. :p

Carmen! Don't tell people of our super secret third mafia family! D: I mean...What Illuminati Mafia? >>;;

Lol, Illuminati mafia. Anyway yeah, I'm not officially casting my vote until Karu speaks up or someone else slips up

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Karu's lack of a response speaks volumes to me. I definitely think that by this point in the topic - especially since he's been accused from the very beginning - that it needs to be considered that he's simply avoiding slipping up while putting out a poor defense by not posting any at all and that we're just wasting time by not moving for a vote it seems most people agree with.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Going off of what Alex said, the whole "don't post and see if you can get away with it" thing worked for Toru in the first game so Karu could be trying the same more or less. Obviously things are a bit different, as Toru was just not active at all and nobody was really accusing him of anything. Karu has been accused and he's suddenly gone quiet. Plus Toru's post in the graveyard is very interesting and should be read by you kind folks. ;)

For the time being I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote Lynch Karu

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Linkachu said:
And why shouldn't we start with you then? ;)

Because I'm more fun than Karu is |D

Doctor Oak said:
Karu's lack of a response speaks volumes to me. I definitely think that by this point in the topic - especially since he's been accused from the very beginning - that it needs to be considered that he's simply avoiding slipping up while putting out a poor defense by not posting any at all and that we're just wasting time by not moving for a vote it seems most people agree with.

I'm with Red in that, at this point, there's reason enough to suspect Karu based on this alone. It's early enough in the game where we don't have much basis to be suspicious of many other people, and since we know that Karu is at least aware of what's been said here (he came into chat earlier and was promptly warned of what had happened), his silence is becoming increasingly suspicious.
More so when compounded with what Toru suggested in the Graveyard, yes, I agree with that.
It's certainly roused my suspicions enough, but I'm still going to wait before actually casting a vote. There's still a day left before the crunch time, and I'd like to see how this plays out.

Atma

Formerly Karu

My my. I find it quite ironic. I wanted blood and now you're all after me. ¬_¬ Don't you think if I was Mafia I'd not so easily flaunt my power? Plus I promised Toru that if I kill him I'd make sure he looked into my eyes and why would I betray one of my closest friends, with his brithday next week too?

Case in point, he thinks I killed him. Personally this leaves me at a point of wondering who exactly is taking advantage of me, since certainly they'd not be so selfless as to vote for somebody else out of pity unless their plan was to keep the death-bait in the running and buy themselves plenty of time. This also (sorry) puts Red in the firing line as he was pretty much the person to step up and defend me and as mentioned, the killers needs faces to take the flak.

Not to mention you've all played video games before. This is another game and I like pulling the trigger =,3

This all said I still have my vote. Sem is the first to catch my eye but Sem is always up to cause sorrow as our Patron Saint of Misery. El is the GM and more oft' than not they enjoy their ability to know all the moves they need to, plus he doesn't seem power hungry enough to hand himself a knife and go out with tights on his head in the middle of the night. These are my only friggin' opinions as currently everyone and their mother wants my hide.

tl;dr : I did not murder him!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Karu said:
El is the GM and more oft' than not they enjoy their ability to know all the moves they need to, plus he doesn't seem power hungry enough to hand himself a knife and go out with tights on his head in the middle of the night.

What does El have to do with this? He's running the show, not playing. o.O

Also, I gotta say, it took you quite a long time to reply to this, even after you'd been alerted to people wanting to kill you. It IS mighty suspicious. You might not have killed Toru, but that doesn't mean you're not mafia.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I think some people forgot the whole LYNCH EL thing was a joke. Since we can't lynch him. Since he's not playing.

El seems very suspicious to me. I am very tempted to lynch him for such suspicious behaviour.

Karu taking a long time to respond could either be seen as suspicious, or just because he needed to take time to think of a good defence. Both of these could be pointing towards mafia if you look at it like that. The lynching of an IRL friend a week before his birthday could provide Karu with a "why would I do that?" statement, or provide mafia with a "this seems suspicious on Karu's behalf". The reason I'm sympathising with Karu (which some of you may view as mafia-like) is because in round 1 I was in his position, being lynched because of bad wording in posts and being a townsperson. Although, if Karu gets lynched and is a townsperson then it's his own fault for being silly and drawing attention to himself. Plus, as others have said, it's better to throw out random accusations than to say "everyone's equally suspicious" and let the mafia eliminate us one by one.
There's one day left, so I'm going to cast my vote tomorrow (hopefully before the topic is locked this time).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Taking so long to post is odd whichever way you look at it. Originally I felt he was being wrongly accused, but now I'm not convinced he is. I'm also voting to lynch Karu.

Atma

Formerly Karu

If you all must know I took so long to respond because of my mother buying wine instead of paying for the internet. Thank you. >>;

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

A new rule's been added, guys.

Once you have cast your vote, you are locked into it and not allowed to change.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Karu said:
If you all must know I took so long to respond because of my mother buying wine instead of paying for the internet. Thank you. >>;

Actually, myself and Belle are referring to how we alerted you to the thread and you still didn't reply for several hours.

(Sorry about your mum... >>;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Linkachu said:
Karu said:

Actually, myself and Belle are referring to how we alerted you to the thread and you still didn't reply for several hours.

(Sorry about your mum... >>;)

I also gave you the benefit of the doubt, until you were on chat earlier, and had been warned about the turn of events in this topic, and still hadn't posted anything. By that point, I think the suspicion was really piling on.

Atma

Formerly Karu

If you recall as I left I explained in a brief sentence that she was making more problems today while I was on chat =x Let's not make this more awkward and just get the lynching done ()

And no sympathies needed but I appreciate it.

EDIT: That is, when I left earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.