• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Day Two: Bang Bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
STUNNING TURN OF EVENTS CLAIMS FOUR

The Mafia, it seems, know how to party. Although it is not clear who attacked who, Sem has been found dead at his home. Linkachu has also been found dead, in a seemingly unrelated incident, but her wounds were suspiciously similar to Sem's. Currently, police are treating the incident as suspicious. Also, Brendan Savem and Luckii have also been found dead, in a blast that levelled an entire, thankfully unoccupied, warehouse late last night. Witnesses claim that they fled from a fierce knife fight, although they do not know who was attacking who.

With four dead at this juncture and proper autopsies not expected until tomorrow morning at the earliest, it is impossible to predict what the townsfolk will do next, after five people have been killed in the course of 24 hours.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Day Two (July 25th-26th): Bang Bang

YAY FIRST. XD

Ah, so I was right when I guessed in chat that Sem and Brendan were going to die. I'm guessing that Katie was Sem's partner then?

so yeah, what's to happen now? :3

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

... Dead? What does that mean? I don't think it can apply to me. Maybe other people. Anyway. THANKS GUYS.

Last edited by a moderator:

And here I was afraid of losing four people...we lost five lol. Well this interesting...I need to bide some time before I point a finger.

Shiny, now you have gotten me suspicious....

OK, so, do we just start nominating again?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Yup. Gotta root out the Mafia somehow.

Oh god, we're down to 24 already? Jeez D:

Well at least I'm still alive! Totally thought I'd be dead by now |D
Hmm ... there have been a couple people who haven't posted a lot. I would nominate someone to be suspicious of but I'll sit here and stare from afar at the moment ~

Tunolipede said:

You thought you'd be dead? Why's that? You were worried that you'd leak your Mafia affiliation?

Anyway, I'm voting to lynch Blazi. His post in Day 1 was the most ridiculous use of reasoning I've ever seen, and using like, 5 quotes of "lynch Savichez" doesn't help an argument at all.

So yes, kill Blazi for posting something so ludicrous |D

Shocari said:
Tunolipede said:

You thought you'd be dead? Why's that? You were worried that you'd leak your Mafia affiliation?

Nope; mainly because I have never even been in contact with this game before so I thought I'd do something wrong and people would slaughter me for being silly and whatever. You're just thinking it through too much, I believe c:

anyway, Blazi was pretty suspicious. I'm not voting until he backs up himself or posts something else, but ... I'll keep that in mind, I guess?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Anyone who is suspicious of me, I immediately put under my radar. However, I've found nothing suspicious about Myth Busted atm, so I can't immediately come out and say "AHAHAHAHA LYNCH HIM!"

However, my suspicions about Blazi have more ground, as I've mentioned last round, and as Sho has pointed out. XD I'll see what others say first before posting, though.

I don't think if lynching a person purely because you didn't like their post is the right thing to do, in all honesty. Looking back at the first thread, Blazi's post was a bit odd- And I can't help but feeling that it was written in a burst of energy. I think Blazi was so eager to join the bandwagon, he wanted to strengthen it (By collecting a series of vote for Savichez's lynching.) An excess of energy, a too quickly puzzled together post? Yes. Any signs of connections to the Mafia? No, unless you count Saviches proven innocence as a sign- In which case all the people who voted for the lynching are now more suspicious- Including you and I.

(Don't worry, Blazi, I still love you. Except not really. ;D )

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

People most suspicious though, Dark, are those who put together faulty reasoning to get Savichez lynched. Most people, like you, me, and others, didn't use any sort of quoting or reasoning, we just jumped on the bandwagon. Not so with Blazi, though. :3

Putting together a list of quotes and calling it evidence isn't needed: we can tell that a lot of people wanted to lynch Savichez, so repeating it is rather odd. Joining the bandwagon for the sake of joining the bandwagon is suspicious; we should vote for someone only because we legitimately find them suspicious, not because everyone else is doing it.

That's a typical Mafia move: feigning as a townsperson and jumping on bandwagons to avoid suspicion. I stand by my Blazi vote until someone posts something during this, Day 2, that I deem to be more suspicious.

I didn't say I agreed with Blazi about calling it evidence- On the contrary, I think it's unnesscary and a bit dumb, like the rest of you. I believe, as I said before, the post was written in a burst of excitement and energy, and thus has an... Odd literal structure, to put it lightly. In normal format; It's weird.

Sho, what you are saying about the typical Mafia move- I couldn't agree more with you. I simply believe this is nowhere near what Blazi was going for, seeing as I have little to none suspicions of him. In other words; He made a mistake, but he's not suspicious to me. And Shiny, of course keeping a close eye on the most suspicious one is a good way to play this game- It's simple, deductive and effective. The problem is searching out the most suspicious person, which you guys seem to think is Blazi so far. I'll have to disagree, but I'm keeping an open mind. Let's see how this day fares by.

Hrm, well. Sho, you do raise a good point...though I don't think it's enough to convince me, not yet.

That being said, you do seem rather eager to point a finger...though really, maybe I'm just being too cautious |D

For now, I'm not voting on anything. There's not enough evidence for me to make any accusations yet.

Well, seeing how the events of the night got five people killed, rather than just the four that we were fearing to begin with, I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I think that Sho is being pretty hasty to point a finger at Blazi, but I'm not going to rule out that Blazi's post was a bit suspicious.

I think we should think a bit more before we go lynching more innocent people though, since with Savichez we ended up killing someone who was entirely innocent; it'd really suck to repeat the same mistake. I'm going to hold off on my vote until some more people post, and I think through the suspicious people: I'm not entirely convinced that Blazi should be that high on the list.

Ack! >0< I'm glad I got to the thread before it got to four pages.
There seems to be some things that were posted that need to be discussed.​
Akira Rose said:
And here I was afraid of losing four people...we lost five lol.
How is this something to laugh about?! These people lost their lives and could have been totally innocent! I know you probably werent being serious and I don't really want to point fingers at such a comment but really- its somewhat suspicious sounding if taken the wrong way​
Shocari said:
Anyway, I'm voting to lynch Blazi. His post in Day 1 was the most ridiculous use of reasoning I've ever seen, and using like, 5 quotes of "lynch Savichez" doesn't help an argument at all.
I agree somewhat. However, it kinda seems like Blazi was almost rubbing it in Savi's face, ya know? Perhaps Blazi was just overexcited to join the bandwagon or perhaps he had another reason for this energy?
Honestly its hard to tell from just that post. I don't really think it's too suspicous--it's not like his post screamed mafia.
Either way, I'm waiting till Blazi defends himself to reach a decision. Savi got a chance to defend herself so I'll wait for Blazi's defense.​

Think me suspicious all you want Chad(and or other people), but I'll gladly pull out the screenshot that shows me to be a townsperson :)

I'm quite surprised that hardly anyone's posted since when I left, I mean, it's been eight and a half hours, and there's only been four posts? What could you people be plotting... :p

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Shocari said:
Think me suspicious all you want Chad(and or other people), but I'll gladly pull out the screenshot that shows me to be a townsperson :)

I'm quite surprised that hardly anyone's posted since when I left, I mean, it's been eight and a half hours, and there's only been four posts? What could you people be plotting... :p

Huh? Oh, that was my fault. I was out all day and thus not around to post in response to nearly every post like I did in the first game. :p

Also, I'm pretty sure that it kind of defeats the purpose of the game if you go ahead and post a screenshot of your PM in here. Or did you know this and are using that as an excuse to not have to post it yet still retaining your "innocence". Nah, that's giving you too much credit after your outing of your identity last game. :p (ilu Sho XP)

But anyways, I still chuckle at the ridiculousness of all of you. Every other time that somebody defends somebody else it's greeted with constant "you guys are mafia together!". Even when it's something as little as "well that's not sound logic..." and yet DS has been defended Blazi through multiple posts and nobody finds that suspicious as hell? DS even said that he doesn't find Blazi suspicious. Why is that? Is it to throw us off that they are both mafia? Are one of the two of them the Detective and the other knows? Truth is, I just find it suspicious. And then of course Dia defended Blazi too making things even more confusing. XP

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with Sho, because I find him to be suspicious too so I'm taking what he says with a grain of salt at the moment. I'm gonna sit back and see how things unfold for the time being.

Also, freaking hilarious at Katie and Sem being the couple-thingy. XDDD iluData

Wow... Just, wow...

Five down in the first day... That's just... Wow...

I'm eager to see if any of them are mafia, either Beudelair or Crimson Order would be brilliant.

Anyway, back to saving my sorry hide.

I'd like to say that Sho has no ground to base his accusations on, other than a spur-of-the-moment, energy-fuelled hop onto the bandwagon.

I just felt like justifying myself, and I went overboard. I had no idea she was a towns person, I thought she was mafia, like almost everyone else.

Until another bandwagon (or the like) starts up, I think I'll be abstaining for this round.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Shocari said:
It should go without saying, but no screenshots. :p

Red; No. I don't find him suspicious because I don't find him suspicious, and I'm defending him because I don't find him suspicious. I'm happy to see I was right about the sudden burst of energy.

It's good to see the Mad Bomber is gone now, seeing as he might've cost us another townsperson, or the Doc/Detective- But on the other hand, he could've killed a Mafia as well- Which, possibly, he did! That would be great.

Very interesting stuff, Sir Red, but is it just possible that you too are throwing out accusations to throw others off YOUR trail?
Either way, what you're saying about Dark is interesting, but I too also find Blazi's post to be a little suspicious. However these suspicions can't yet be confirmed, I have to think further.
I still haven't yet decided what I'm going to do, expect my decision in time.

Hmm, since I haven't been around, I'm going to abstain this time, just to see how things develops.

Well, looks like the bomber was found, anyways...

In any case, I'm not thinking we've got evidence here, but I see no need to abstain. Yet.
However I'd be inclined to agree with Dark Soul here. Blazi's post didn't carry any suspicion in my eyes.

Also, when will the alignments of those dead be revealed? Bang bang indeed.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Cycloneblaze said:
Also, when will the alignments of those dead be revealed? Bang bang indeed.
At the end of the day.

You guys are ridiculous...also posting from my phone is hard.

And Dia I lol'd because well, it isn't serious whatsoever. Anyway, the mafia plays a really good game so far and they can remain hidden because so many people in this thread are so suspicious it isn't funny. I don't want to bandwagon on Blazi just yet though.

And on another note, some people seem to think we shouldn't incriminate people because of the stuff they say in their posts. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? You're supposed to not say stuff that brings attention to yourself so DS I'm watching you now lol.

Be that as it may, Blazi, such hasty decisions could make or break us in this game. My vote does not change. :V

And that's completely true, Carmen. Peoples' posts are the only way we can even form suspicions in the first place, so they are completely legitimate pieces of evidence we can use to incriminate.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I know we're not getting anywhere at this point...

But suppose that one of the couples were innocent. Bomb would most likely be innocent too, and we know that Savichez was innocent too. That brings up the mafia to townsperson ratio, and I don't like that.

People who are abstaining would be wise to rethink their choice~ :3

D

Darkspyro97

For the time being I shall abstain, lets first get some more information about who the mafia might me.

Especially since we now have a much greater chance of hitting Mafia.

I'm changing my vote to DarkSoul. Last game, the people that defended the "main" target were typically Mafia, and you said yourself you didn't even check the last game. I find that suspicious on the grounds that pretty much everyone here read through Game 1 to see a basic visual representation of how the game would be played on forums. You're online a lot, particularly before this game started, so you had plenty of time to read through the old game, even during this one.

I know that there are several other people highly suspicious of you, too, so I'm not alone in this.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I have to agree with Sho on this one. You're "defense" of Blazi was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Just for the simple fact that you overly feel the need to protect alone is suspicious, and then compounded that by the fact that you try to dismiss the one form of information we have as not being legitimate just makes you seem all the more untrustworthy in my eyes. And I also love how you say that you know exactly what Blazi was thinking. How would you know that? Unless you guys have been in contact about the whole thing and plotting whom to kill. Perhaps?

Also, Blazi saying "it was a sudden burst of energy" doesn't prove a damn thing. XD I know I would lie and use that as cover after "somebody" just "happened" to post saying that earlier in the thread. Personally I find you to have painted yourself into a corner DS. I vote to lynch DarkSoul.

You guys have really developed a lot of points here, I don't think there's anything else to highlight from what I see :)

I'm thinking a lot of people are gonna be deciding to lynch DS, as the evidence does seem pretty clear - although I won't be voting for anything just yet.

Well, I have to agree with the above posters.
Why would DarkSoul want to defend Blazi, seemingly for no apparent reason?
You don't find him suspicious, so why would anyone else? If he isn't acting suspicious, why defend him?

I could say anything I want and I can blame it on a "sudden burst of energy", but I'd still seem suspicious, if not, more suspicious.
I contribute: lynch DarkSoul.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Once again, read over what you guys were saying, and I'm gonna have to agree with the lynching DS crowd. From what happened last game, the suspicions are pretty high, more so to me than the suspicion towards Blazi at the moment.

So, my vote is to lynch DarkSoul

Some very interesting developments this round, and only three pages so far!
Personally, I'm torn. On one hand, Dark jumped right out to defend Blazi, very obviously at that. That said, it could that it's so obvious, it's original intent was to throw us off a trail.

However, I'm going to abstain today, due to conflicting ideas.

I have three suspects, but I'm aiming for one this time: I vote to lynch Dark Soul.

You jumped right put and not only defended Blazi, but defended him badly and really incriminated yourself. Personally I'd hate to be 0-2 with our voting but this is getting slightly ridiculous. Besides if we abstained, three people would be killed for sure. I would also think that the primary goal of this game is staying alive, so if we have people who are deliberately trying to throw us off the mafia by pretending to be suspicious...well, I'll happily lynch :D

Well...it's one thing to defend someone, but Dark's second post makes him seem just too suspicious to me. And even though it's been pointed out, well, what good does throwing us off the trail do?

So my vote stands at lynching Dark Soul.

Can someone please explain to me why you guys are abstaining? That's hurting more than it's helping. To me and a few others, it's like you're saying "Wow. Lots of posts. Abstaining." You're not even TRYING to get down to the root of everything. You're not going to stop the Mafia by abstaining. We have to hit them before they hit us.

Personally, I feel that if you're not helping, you're dead weight. And we don't need dead weight. Yeah, abstaining might make you feel better morally or whatever, but it won't stop the Mafia from abusing you. I would gladly weed out people who are merely slowing us down from removing the Mafia and their evils, even if they are townspeople like me.

That being said, I don't want to seem like some sort of evil prick. It just feels as if you guys can't make up your mind on what to do. This is a game of risks. There's no guarantee you'll always make the right decision. Still, that doesn't mean that you should do nothing instead. If you abstain, the Mafia won't feel threatened by you, and won't aim to kill you, but that's not a good thing. It's cowardly. With people like them, you just have to take charge and show 'em who the boss is!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

It may seem a bit cruel, but really I have to agree with Sho. I felt this same way last game too. I said on several occasions that if we didn't have anybody to vote for as suspected mafia I would want to simply lynch folk who don't post at all/post nothing worthwhile. I'm not saying that you all have vote to lynch somebody, but if you are constantly going to abstain and not even read the arguments presented than what's the point of playing? Like Sho said, you're just being dead weight.

Even if we are wrong with DS being mafia at least we're weeding out possible suspects (plus getting rid of people who are being counterproductive by being insanely suspicious). I look at it like this at the moment, if you're not helping us to try and find the mafia, then you are essentially yet another enemy/obstacle for us to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.