• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day One (June 14th-16th): Enter the Lion's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Re: Day One (June 14th-16th): Enter the Lion's Den

Well that's a bit of a morbid way of thinking about it... but that's generally how Sem is anyway :p

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

May the lynchi- I mean, proving people innocent, begin~

Well, not really. We still need to decide who to lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

What Sem says is the truth. We are in no place to assume that anybody is innocent. Six people are dead, and more are bound to come. We need to find out who is behind it, but at this point in time we pretty much have to shoot in the dark and hope we hit something. Which is why everyone is jumping onto anything as reasons to have people killed, nobody knows what to think right now.

So yeah, it will take some time for us to get a grasp of where people lie in this spectrum. Hopefully not too long, though. Ideally we'd knock the Mafia out right off the bat and avoid as many deaths as possible.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I suppose that's true. I'd just prefer to try to look on the bright side, despite our situation.
It would be good to knock out the mafia as soon as possible though. Everyone is nervous and tensions are high.

Oh. It started.

I had actually been taking my finals all this week, so yes, I might not be posting so much for saving my hide or whatever it is. My head hurts.

Anyway, although I am somewhat displeased seeing my name vomited around all day, when we have three to discuss, I may as well say that if you were teapot, who would you put, and where? He might have chosen people to roles obvious, or not so obvious.

...I'd just rather not die off so quickly, I suppose. It's sort of depressing, right?

But if i did have to blame someone, I'd throw the blame on like, the most cunning person here!

...And no, Sem, it is not necessarily you. Stop thinking that.

Although, just by posting to show I am here, I am automatically cast doubt upon! These games are so silly.

EDIT: Also sniped like three times writing this XD

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

I maintain that a full judgement is pretty much impossible right now, since everyone's over-analyzing things. I was kidding when I said Tan was too happy to be mafia and hence had to be mafia. As much as you all jumped on the bandwagon, I think any argument that seems likely is gonna be the one people go for.

For now, I'm gonna abstain from lynching anyone. We just don't have enough information to make a proper judgement.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

That's something I was wondering. Would we be allowed to not lynch somebody seeing as we have no real leads? I mean, the whole point is to stop the mafia, not to kill ourselves and help them. :x We want to keep as many folks alive as possible and needlessly killing somebody Day 1 is not helping when there are 14 of us. >>

So if we can abstain, I say we go for that.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

You have to understand a little thing called collateral damage. If we kill off someone who wasn't the Mafia, at least the odds of picking one the next round will be higher. If we only allow the Mafia to kill off people this round, then we not only abstain from having any chance of winning the game, but the odds will be lower because there will still be an extra person to place the blame upon.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

We can't NOT kill someone. That changes the game completely. We have to kill someone, and they may very well be innocent, but their death will give us something, even if it's just a little bit of info.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

But if we kill a non-mafia person then the odds after they kill one of us again are worse for us. :x If a few rounds go that way they could even get a numbers advantage and kill us away on both turns. We have no idea how many of them there are. For all we know Data could be cruel and have made like half the members Mafia. D:

And if we have to kill somebody, kill somebody who doesn't play the game. No point in keeping them around to muddle things up by being a pointless body. That's my choice after abstaining. We have no idea as to who might be mafia, so what's the point in throwing people under the bus? You'll just burn bridges for later rounds if you get accused. :x

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

There can't be that many mafia. The moment they outnumber us villagers we lose. We can't possibly win once there's more mafia than townsfolk.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I think the rules are clear... if it's a tie, Petey will just flip a coin. It's unfortunate but I think we're going to have to choose one way or the other.

El could be back-pedaling. Tan could be covering his butt from fire. RMA seems to want less people regardless. It's... so hard to know who's genuine or not.

For all we know, Petey chose people at random to be mafia.

By that, Red, you, erm, mean someone who hasn't posted yet? Which, by my count is Komachi(Indie), Rain, Brendan, Toru, Jerty, and Weeds. That's almost half the number of players, and those like Rain or Brendan aren't the most superbly active of people.

Both ways, there's still like, 2 more days to lobby around OBJECTION!s, so I think I'm about done, i'm sorta tired now. Nighttime and whatnot, although i'll stick around a bit longer than that.

just going back to that suggestion on who hasn't posted and blah blah blah

I was thinking the same thing, Sem. If they're a townsperson, that'll be sad, but at least we'll know that much more about the Mafia. And if we're lucky, we'll hit a Mafia member, and the Detective will (hopefully)reveal another.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Yes, the Detective will be key (so let's hope they help us out XP). And very true, Sem. :x

@Tan: That's why I'm waiting till the end to cast my vote. ;3 (Unless something happens to change my mind by then :p)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I think we should wait and see as well. The next two days could change our perspectives, after all.

Mr.RMA

I'm just hoping that by the end of the round we have some form of consensus. It's obvious we won't all have an agreement in the end, and if we do, we most likely have the wrong choice, but hopefully there will be some majority vote. I'm done for tonight, so I'll get back to the discussion tomorrow.

Well since it seems that Red would kill everyone that doesn´t say anything quickly, I better drop off my presence in this here thread, before he gets any ideas.

Like everyone else (Edit: Okay, maybe just only everyone on this current page) already said countless times, we don´t have enough evidence to properly accuse someone,
Mr. Kincaid said:
Don´t cast suspicion without proof
Unfortunately, the hypocrite is right, although I would love to blame the guy running in my hallways, we don´t have the proof to make such accusations. I wish we had evidence of some sort to speed things up, since anyone of us could be dead by the next day. I just hope the mafia makes a mistake or something to make these decisions easier, I don´t look forward to lynching people in the town, even if they turn out to be mafia afterwards.

Four damn pages already? O.o;

As most people have stated already, there seems to be too little proof to tell as of now. I'm afraid we're going to have to lynch someone by instinct at this point. Still, I think Sem is a mafioso. He seemed very eager to start blaming Tan... Plus, Sem is, well, Sem. I could imagine him as a mafioso.

Ò3Ó

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
Unless we can be nice people and spare folks. Which I'm not sure if we could. :x
Sem said:
We can't NOT kill someone. That changes the game completely.
You are allowed to not kill anyone. But bear in mind the Mafia might not be so kind.

Last edited:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I realize that the Mafia may not be so nice, I mean they have already killed six of our people, but it may take till a night to have some sort of lead as to who is mafia. If the detective or doctor can shed light onto who mafia might be then our lynchings would actually mean something rather than blindly selecting somebody.

So for today, I select abstaining.

Ah, so many, many possibilities.

I certainly agree, that at this stage of suspection, lynching is mostly instinctive. While a number of signs point to Sem or Tan, they have little bearing on our suspection. For now anyway.

So like Red, I'll be abstaining today.

[Edit]: Bolded >=o

Mr.RMA

Like I said before, Collateral damage.

Sorry, but the abstaining thing is actually getting me suspicious now

My vote is currently on Red

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Somebody sure seems quick to kill those that want to limit the deaths. I've noticed that everytime somebody brings up trying to save as many lives as possible you say that we need "collateral damage", RMA. I find it interesting that you are so quick to just throw people under the bus on a whim. In all reality, it makes you more suspicious. Obviously the mafia want to eliminate us, and playing the day and night they can kill us off twice as fast. I've got my eye on the one so hung up on killing. ;3

However, I still stick with abstaining. Besides, El also thinks the same things yet I notice you not throwing him under the bus. Could you both possibly be Mafia and you suspect me of being the detective? Just something for people to think about. ;)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I agree with Red here... RMA does seem suspicious for wanting people to die so readily.
We don't know enough today to make the right sort of decision. I believe I will be abstaining as well.

Oh, if we can choose not to lynch anybody, that does sound like the best idea. RMA does seem really suspicious, now that you mention it. The detective will have a hard time trying to pick someone to spy on... And the Doctor has to save someone as well. This sure will be interesting :)

But yeah, if it wasn't clear enough, I'll be abstaining as well.

Bandwagon! Must be jumped upon!

So yeah, as I was saying in my last post, not enough evidence yet to make a proper accusation. Though it does seem that RMA is running in the hallways... Not yet though, not without the evidence that proves you guilty or saves your hide.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Did not realize that we could choose not to lynch someone. As unfun as that may be, it could be the most prudent action we could take right now.

So yeah, I'll go for not killing someone for today. Tomorrow is a new day~

I'm also joining the bandwagon and not voting - looks like we'll have to wait and see what happens until tommorow - a death will give us all a potential lead on who to vote for.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Important note: I have clarified the rules: Mafia night cycles now only last a day to speed things up, the option to abstain has officially been added to the rules, and most importantly, the method of voting has changed: Post in this thread your final choice in bold so I can easily see it.

ETA: Also making sure everyone got their PMs. I sent so many out yesterday I may have forgotten someone. If you didn't get it, let me know ASAP.

I'm not liking seeing my friends blaming each other. I don't like the idea of not being able to trust anyone that I used to, either. A lot of people are looking suspicious by pointing their fingers, but I don't want to lose anyone innocent. So I'm choosing to abstain as well. Hopefully it will give us the lead we need to keep the innocent alive.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Rain said:
I'm not liking seeing my friends blaming each other.

Don't let that affect your decisions. None of us are friends in this game.

Mr.RMA

ugh...we're just waiting to die, and not even taking a chance... not liking this plan.

Still, seems you guys like not taking gambles, and anything I say will just pin the blame on me further and further when we start to get slaughtered, so I'll just follow along

Abstain...

Status
Not open for further replies.