• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day One (June 14th-16th): Enter the Lion's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current village members: [14]
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Rain
  • Shocari
  • Dwayna
  • Mr. RMA
  • Sir Red
  • Sem
  • Pyroblade55
  • Tangrow
  • Weeds
  • Komachi Onozuka
  • Toru
  • Brendan
  • Jertyuiop
The blood on the pavement shimmered in the morning sun. It seemed like the entire town was standing on that sidewalk, looking at the dead body of one of their former neighbours and friends.

The Mafia had struck again.

“We need to do something about this,” whispered one person. There was a mumble of assent. There had been six deaths in the last two weeks, and they were occurring more frequently. It was time to do something about it.

The crowd began to discuss who the Mafia members might be.

Okay, go nuts. You all should know who you are now, so feel free to cast blame and throw doubts upon the validity of each member.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Re: Day One (June 14th-16th): Enter the Lion's Den

Six deaths? Who even of?! Who has the mafia been offing without anyone noticing?!

Also some really should wash up that blood, it's unsightly.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I think the fact that El didn't cast blame is pretty suspicious |D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Figures that Sem would be the first to cast suspicion on others. Then again, just look at Sem...he lies to you even when admitting he's lying. He's some kind of super lying machine.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

You're so smart, Red =)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I agree with Red about Sem, but he's suspicious too. He could be using his knowledge of Sem against us to throw us off the trail! Or he could know something about Sem that we don't... Personally I don't trust anyone.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Tangrow's the most suspicious if you ask me, that diabetes-inducing personality is clearly hiding something (though it may just be his inner emo/homocidal maniac)

Totally agree with what El said. Tan is the opposite of the Mafia characteristics, so we'd expect someone else; the perfect disguise.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I concur

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

That is very true. Tan has that unimposing personality that you wouldn't suspect killing you. :x But would we be willing to lynch somebody who is so unimposing?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Well we all seem to be going towards El's suggestion, but what if that's his plan? He may just want to off another innocent before he kills in the night.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Dwayna's a bit quick to cast the blame on anyone who isn't herself. Is she naturally suspicious of everyone, or does she have something to hide?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Well that's why there is more than one mafia member. ;) Plus, just look at his first post. He was pretty quick to want the blood (evidence) taken away. Plus, he decided to dictate chat.

And Sho's looking pretty suspicious in protecting El.

Edit: Very true, El. She has been very suspicious of you for attacking Tan.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Well of course nobody's going to want to cast the blame on themselves, now are they? As far as we know, we can only trust ourselves. Anyone could be the culprit. Including Tan.

Aye Red - Sho's quick defence for El does arouse suspicion. He may be covering for El for other reasons, however...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Or, you know, Sho was just commenting on El's fabulousity and you're all reading too much into things |D If we allow any little thing to grab our attention then we will destroy ourselves and the mafia will win. We need to be smart about this people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

But this early in the game we pretty much have to grab at anything. Or just all decide who we should kill for the fun of it. XD Unless we can be nice people and spare folks. Which I'm not sure if we could. :x

So yeah, if we have to kill somebody without anything to show people's motives then we have to grasp at something. I mean, I know I don't want the mafia killing me or the town's folk. Do you, Sem? >:T (Disregard the fact that you feed on our sorrow and deaths for a moment. :x)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I'd say we focus on someone who hasn't yet said anything, which is equally as suspicious as anything anyone has said here.

Tan would enjoy the idea of anyone of us dying, and we all know his unimposing demeanor is simply a facade. Even if he isn't mafia, he would quickly save his own hide and watch one of us die instead. He's a danger either way. I say we off him.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Ha. Tan is indeed suspicious, as previously stated. Then again, you already have pre-existing motives against Tan, Sem. Do you not? Emo vs Rainbows, Dark vs Light, Sem vs Tan?!

But yes, I agree that there is probably a better chance that somebody who hasn't spoken up yet is a member of the mafia than one that has. (What with simple math and all. :p) Now we also have to ask, would a person who is not a regular around here be a member of the mafia or detective or doctor? That is certainly something interesting to wonder about.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I thought it was particularly suspicious that people started ganging up on Tangrow just because he would be the person we least suspect. However, I do not disagree with the notion that Tangrow could be involved.

The little things could end up being important... Which leads me to suspect that Sem is trying to throw us off the trail. However, throwing around accusations doesn't seem to be helping anyone. Sem does present a compelling case... We do need to think smart, lest we destroy ourselves.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I'm no more suspicious than you, miss Dway, trying to defend anyone who has blame cast on them ;-D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

She's very protective. Possibly the Doctor? :o

But obviously that is not who we are looking for. :p I say that we give Tan the chance to defend himself before tying the noose. Then after he has spoken, we can go ahead with it. XP

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

That is true, dear Sem, but I would rather not put all of our stones into one basket. Unfortunately, we need to decide one way or the other who to kill... even if it's me. I'm just trying to put some speculation on the matter because we don't know all the facts. Anyone could be part of the mafia... but the same can go for townsfolk, the Doctor and the Detective.

I agree with Red that we should let Tan speak for himself, but I wont cast my gaze away from anyone. Previous loyalties are as good as dead in this situation.

Also, pyro is now under suspect as well as El. They could be working together.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I agreed with El as well, in fact El was the first to cast suspicion on Tan. Am I also in league with El? ;o

truly, anyone could be it and i have suspicions about dwayna seeing as she has accused people for stating their opinions also who is this El

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

El = Yoshimitsu

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Well, you could be. You were one of the three to agree to the idea right away. Also Sho seems to have an affinity with El... you could all be working together.

I also find it somewhat suspicious that Red was the first to mention that there could be multiple mafia members. Also, why is he trying to pinpoint the Doctor, who is an essential asset to us?

I accuse anyone who is eager to accuse others, pyro. But we are all eager to accuse, including you.

thanks sem and im just looking at facts to save our boots from killin the wrong one

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Now I do believe casting the blames left and right like this is exactly what the Mafia would want, and seeing as it's very difficult to get a proper suspicion the first day of the first round, there's very little evidence over who is the culprit that was, in fact, chosen by the host, and has nothing to do with personality, (at least, from what we know) I'm still thinking over who to vote for.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

'Facts' are fickle when anyone could be making an elaborate deception, pyro. We need to keep in mind that the mafia could be any of the suspicious townsfolk.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Dwayna DragonFire said:
I also find it somewhat suspicious that Red was the first to mention that there could be multiple mafia members. Also, why is he trying to pinpoint the Doctor, who is an essential asset to us?

In response to this, the rules state that there are multiple members. We just don't know how many exactly. For all we know half the people playing could be mafia. ;)

Personally I say that, rather than needlessly casting suspicion we all agree on who to eliminate. Or possibly even nominate people...to be lynched. >> I have to agree with RMA when he said that us all arguing and jumping down eachother's throats just helps the mafia. We have to be sensible about things.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Right... remind me to read things thoroughly in the future. @-@

You do have a good point though, Red. Since Tangrow seems to be the person most people are agreeing on then he might not have much of a chance. If he turns out to be innocent, however, I do think we should turn our eyes to those so willing to accuse him in the first place.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

But he has as good a chance as being a mafia member as anybody. ;) You included, there Dway.

But for the time being, I will stand united with my fellow towns folk and cast my current suspicion on Tan. (I fear his fate may be sealed before he gets the chance to defend himself, but I guess that's just how things go sometimes. :T)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Sem seems quick to admonish our views on people, clearly asking us to look not-deep-enough. Whether he's being genuine about this or is trying to cover for himself is, as of yet, unclear. More evidence must be gained.

I wouldn't be wary of those who haven't posted yet - there's every chance they're too held up at the moment. Charms traffic can be a bitch, after all.

I am curious about pyroblade55, though. He seems to be able to back up his statements with 'facts', or rather with obvious truths. How key a player is he, or is he acting on instinct?

It'd be hasty to jump to conclusions right now, since we know barely anything about anyone.

</drunken posting>

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

El makes some good points... and frankly I agree that pyro does seem suspect for jumping on me so readily. I also agree with him that others who haven't posted yet could be of suspect.

However, that doesn't misplace my suspicion of El, either. He was the first to start our at present Tangrow bandwagon. Anyone is innocent until proven guilty, in my opinion, and we won't really know until after someone dies.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Oh no, dear Dwayna. We're all guilty until proven innocent. And right now to be proven innocent you also have to die =)

Status
Not open for further replies.