• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 1: Day Four (June 25th-26th): Immolation for the Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
HORRIFIC ARSON CLAIMS LIVES

Firefighters are busy battling what appears to have been a superhuman arson attempt, as a whole apartment block is engulfed in flames. Police still don't know who committed the crime, but one thing is certain: One of the Mafia committee members, Mr. RMA, has been reported killed in the initial blast.

In other news, a new person has joined the Mafia committee, reportedly to replace Rain who had to drop out for personal reasons. We wish Shiny the best of luck, and hope she has written her will.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Day Four (June 25th-26th): Immolation for the Nation

Thanks Data, for letting me into the game. I know it was hard decision for you to make. :x Truly appreciate it~

Anyways, back into the game... I know I've just been added, but I've been following this game for a while, and I would like to place blame on Weeds. In the past two rounds, he's avoided (or at least, at first avoided) putting blame on people that would later be revealed to be true mafia members. Only when a hard piece of evidence was revealed did he finally decide to lynch Red. And even then, his wording was weird.

Anyways, onto a quote to support my claims:
Hmm... I really wasn't expecting this either. I would've thought the mafia would've wanted to go for some of the "louder" voices. Maybe this was a manouever to throw us off guard? Also, how will the detective announce his discoveries of the night? I thought Mr. Teapot would've told us that, as he obviously can't say it him/herself...

Why would he be so interested in the detective's findings? Perhaps he's scared that Sho's figured out who one of the mafia, possibly him (if he really is one), was.

Then:
I agree with Red about Sem, but he's suspicious too. He could be using his knowledge of Sem against us to throw us off the trail! Or he could know something about Sem that we don't... Personally I don't trust anyone.
Dwayna's first post. It seems odd that she'd be suspicious towards Red, seeing as how she was mafia. Then again, this was posted very early in the game, so it doesn't really prove anything.
Looks like he was trying to protect Red that time. :3

Yeah, that's all I have. Of course, I could be completely wrong and whatnot, but this is just what I've found during the time I haven't been... part of the game. XD

EDIT: Also, Weeds has been picking on RMA for a while now. And now RMA is dead. Coincidence? I think not.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

I'm still suspicious of Tan, but it's mostly baseless (apart from the mindfuck of a happy rainbow unicorn boy singing cheerfully as he murders someone in their sleep).

Shiny makes a good point about Weeds, though it may just be Weeds wanting more convincing arguments before lynching people.

I'ma see how this day plays out for now before voting.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I'm more certain of my suspicions for Tan, considering how both Red and Dwayna jumped to his defense when El put up Tan for half-consideration for lynching.

Red said:
That is very true. Tan has that unimposing personality that you wouldn't suspect killing you. :x But would we be willing to lynch somebody who is so unimposing?
Dwayna said:
Well we all seem to be going towards El's suggestion, but what if that's his plan? He may just want to off another innocent before he kills in the night.

When I pursued a move against Tan, Red defended him all the more and Dway did the same, using the strange indirect wording that implies that they are open to the idea that Tan is mafia in order to not draw too much suspicion their way.

Red said:
Ha. Tan is indeed suspicious, as previously stated. Then again, you already have pre-existing motives against Tan, Sem. Do you not? Emo vs Rainbows, Dark vs Light, Sem vs Tan?!
Dwayna said:
I thought it was particularly suspicious that people started ganging up on Tangrow just because he would be the person we least suspect. However, I do not disagree with the notion that Tangrow could be involved.

Pyroblade instantly went with the idea of lynching Tan, whether his suspicions were founded or not. What happened to Pyroblade? Oh right, he was killed. Dway was quick to draw suspicion to him after his comment.

Red only agrees to nominate Tan for lynching after it seemed rather obvious that it was going to happen.

Red said:
But for the time being, I will stand united with my fellow towns folk and cast my current suspicion on Tan. (I fear his fate may be sealed before he gets the chance to defend himself, but I guess that's just how things go sometimes. :T)

We can remember that he did the same with Dway after it was obvious she was going to get lynched. At this point Dwayna also continues in Tan's defense, directing suspicion at El for starting the "kill Tan bandwagon". She ignored Red, who flat out stated that he was willing to lynch Tan when El himself had made no such claims.

Then Tan himself finally posted, and all things considered his post was pretty reserved, not even defending himself to throwing suspicion on other people

And as soon as the notion of abstaining from killing someone, Red was the first to back the idea and pushed it in every single one of his posts thereafter, and Dway did the same. Knowing now that they were mafia, I doubt they would've done the same if it was a townsperson under suspicion. They couldn't direct suspicion onto someone who they knew was an innocent at that point, so the best course of action for the mafia to take was to push the abstain option in order to avoid a death of one of their own. Tan himself also wanted for us to abstain, which I'm sure was some relief to him, as he was saved from our knives and blunt instruments.

The following day points more fingers at Tan, seeing as how one of his accusers was killed. I also find this quote from Red rather interesting:

Red said:
As for Pyro being killed...did not expect that one. El's comment about this possibly being retaliation for the Tan accusations is definitely a possibility, but this could just be to throw us off obviously.

Clearly we cannot trust anything Red has said, and him trying to convince us that Pyro's death is actually unrelated to Tan and simply something the mafia conceived to throw us off is suspicious. Again he defends Tan, even when no one was thus far wanting to throw him on the chopping block again.

Tan also only chose to lynch Red on the third day after it was rather obvious that Red was mafia and going to die anyway.

Considering that we now know that both Red and Dway were mafia, I would suspect anyone who they've repeatedly defended. Tan is the person that they've defended to most, while shooting blame towards others, a couple of which have ended up dead.

To wrap this up I think a quote from Tan's first post says it best.

Tan said:
I may as well say that if you were teapot, who would you put, and where?

Tan's nauseously fuzzy personality is pretty much the direct opposite of what one would expect from a mafia member. Petey could have very well chosen Tan for mafia because of this and I believe he did. Why? Because I know I would've also been sorely tempted to make Tan mafia if it were me, and I'm sure some you would as well.

Anyway, my choice is obvious. Kill Tan. Let's drown him in the river ♥

Last edited by a moderator:

Kay. By all means, vote for me! You'll lose a villager, so why not!

I'm sick of you all typecasting me.

Although Sem should also be aware, that if this vote turns out on me and I am not a mafia member, which I am not, he will likely be lynched shortly.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Perhaps this is just another getup for Tan to try to avoid lynching. :3 sorry ilu Tan but this game is trying to ruin friendships...

Plus, you can't say that for sure. Just because we've been able to take down two mafia members after a day of abstaining doesn't mean we'll be able to get another one down today, and people do understand that. In mafia, innocent people do die by wrong accusations, and yes it's sad and all, but people are usually forgiving enough to let it slide. Dunno about Pokecharms, though. XD

I still stand by my accusation of Weeds until more people jump onto the Tan idea, but if Tan's still alive next round... sorry Tan, I'mma gonna vote to lynch ya. :x

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Hee~ You see, Tan, at this point even if you turn out to be a villager if we lynch you, not many will be that suspicious of me. It should be painfully obvious by this point that I'm not mafia, seeing as how I was backing both Dway and Red's lynchings early on. Throwing my own under the bus, while appealing, is imprudent and ultimately something I would not do.

Any remaining ideas that I am mafia are based solely on "Sem has to be mafia because he's Sem" logic, which really isn't enough at this point. So, if you are a villager and we kill you it'll be more like a "Oops, Sem screwed up" kinda thing ;P However, there is no doubt in my mind that you are mafia.

I look forward to watching you drown~

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

You people are cruel. Just sayin'.

Teapot said:
You people are cruel. Just sayin'.
I think you should have figured it out by now

suspected that either RMA or Weeds were mafia for a while, although I had pegged RMA as being more likely, so I'm half-surprised that he's the one that's dead. This really starts to float my boat towards Weeds, although I do have (dis)honorable mention for Tan, who's pretty much in the way of a landslide right now. Because I prefer to stick by my previous thoughts, I'll cast votes in for Weeds (Nevermind, I choose Tan now, see below) today, and tomorrow too if he's still alive, which probably will happen.

However, I looked through the previous posts and there's one thing that's throwing me off.

Dwayna said:
If you want to kill me off, then go right ahead. I could be mafia just like any one of you. *shrugs* I was just trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I'm going to be out all day tomorrow anyway. I vote to ABSTAIN again, not that it matters.
Sir Red said:
* Sir Red shrugs.

The original timestamp states that Sho informed you when he was still living so I have nothing to complain about. Well played, gentlemen, well played.

* Sir Red shoots himself before he can be beaten to death by you sick, sadistic townsfolk. :v

They put up a terrible defense, they practically gave up the fight before the lynching was even underway, and with other posts, as seen in Sem's quotes, it was fairly clear that they were Mafia, that was probably what caused Sho to investigate them in the final days of his life in the first place, instead of Tan when we all suspected him in the first day. I just don't understand why they would do something so stupid, were they trying to get caught? Even now, Tan's doing the same thing by telling people he hates us all and doesn't care. Surely not the entire mafia would flaunt their identity like that? There's something wrong here, I'm sure of it.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

STOP HAVING FUN GUYS -cough- ahem

This is really all my fault isn't it? I threw out a random thing about Tan on day one and everyone jumped on it as though their eager fingers just could not type the accusations fast enough.

Since it's the general consensus, though, I'll also vote to lynch Tan. I am suspicious of him, of course, but I didn't want to vote for him just yet. I wanted more details about everything else.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Not sure what Brendan means. Red was defending himself rather fiercely until El pulled out Sho's quote, which proved that he was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

By the time Dway posted it would have been futile for her to defend herself, and she was being noncontroversial from the start always so if fit with her character not to argue.

As for Tan, to me it just seems like he's not very good at defending himself anyway. And it also sounds like he's pretty fed up with the game anyway.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Alright alrighty, I'm changing my mind; the vote goes to Tangrow now. Sorry, pal, but I did say that I would vote to lynch ya if some others besides Sem thought you were guilty. :x

I can see why this game would make people uncomfortable. Even though it's just a game, people might be afraid to put judgment on a friend because they don't want to hurt their feelings. And some people might take these lynchings or mafia killings personally...

Perhaps, for the next game, we should warn people not to join if they don't like putting blame on people and stuff? ^^;

Woww. That was really unexpected. (The fact that Mr.RMA was killed, not the fact that I was wrong >>; ) That... Really blows. I have a feeling that the mafia is trying to use me as a pawn, by killing my main suspect off. I'm going to join in on the Lynch Tan bandwagon, seeing as the evidence presented by you guys speaks against him.

Also, for Shiny, at the first quote was simply me being unfamiliar with the rules of the game, and in the second one I did state that it wasn't really evidence at all, because of how early in the game it was.

Wow... everyone has voted for Tan. Another bandwagon with many people jumping on. The last two bandwagons have lead to the right place, but will this one? There's no guarantee, but the majority is too high now; even if I vote anything else Tan will be lynched. I am sorry, Tan, if I have made the wrong decision and helped out the mafia by lynching you. If I didn't just make myself clear I voted for Tan to be lynched, simply because if Tan is mafia I don't want to look like I'm avoiding killing him. I wonder what the outcome of this will be...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

TANGROW SLAIN

In a surprising but not unforeseen move, the committee have turned upon Tangrow as the next Mafia suspect. Raiding his place of residence, they publicly drowned him in the local swimming pool, closing it for business for at least a month.

However, in-depth analysis of his residence revealed no connection to the Mafia at all. This breaks the committee's flawless record of lynchings, and some throw doubt upon their ability to effectively lunch again. This, however, will not stop them.​
Okay, three notes:
  • Sorry for being late. You can blame Ocarina of Time.
  • The bandwagon effect doesn't have to be! If you disagree with a motion, vote against it - it won't be wasted even if your viewpoint doesn't reach majority, and it might motivate people to vote differently if you make a coherent point.
  • This is only a game, guys. The fun is in ruthlessly attacking each other in a closed, distanced environment. Make sure you're not taking it too seriously :p

Status
Not open for further replies.