• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Lucario Revealed! ^__^ ... Thoughts?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you haven't already seen its picture, check the main site. I'm so glad that its finally been revealed! :D

So, what do you guys think? Disappointed? Relieved? Still unsure what to think? I personally like it quite a bit, but any idea what's up with the black ear-thingies? o.o

More Pokemon! I can't wait for more new Pokemon to be revealed now! ^^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
w00!

First impressions: maybe dual type Water & Electric? (Water based on the blue and the "Wave-Guiding" business, Electric based on the spiky yellow outfit). Fox? Or perhaps Coyote? - there's something of the Trickster in his face. Which could fit in with the "not evil but misguided" theme some people were talking about...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If people still believe the egyptian connection I'd say a fox/jackle type Pokemon. As for elemental type, I'm gonna lean towards Psychic because of the energy build up (although it could be water).

I want to see the trailer it came from. Probably had some other neat pictures :D

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Don't we now know that "The Wave Guiding Hero" is not a Pokemon, but instead a person who settled the red/green war (nice choice of colours too, a little nod at the origins of the franchise), meaning that there is no real basis for a water type speculation?

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Canturies ago there was a huge battle between the Reds and the Greens. It was stopped by The Wave Guiding Hero Aaron who used the power of the "Tree of World Origin" to stop it
Ash & Co. have arrived in the town of Rota where celebrations are going on about. Ash & Pikachu partake in a battle to select this year's hero and after a long battle. Ash & Pikachu become the year's hero's. However amongst the celebrations Mew appears and snatches Pikachu.

Thats the movie summary from Serebii. If it is accurate, Rukario is not the hero.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Considering that pretty much all of the Legendaries have either kept their Japanese names or been given variations to sound like their Japanese names, I think it's safe to say they'll stick with Lucario (or something like it). Now that I mention it, tho, is there even a single Legendary name that didn't follow that trend? They've been altered, yeah, but not completely changed.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The birdies didn't keep their names, but they're more or less alone there.

Fire: Moltres
Freezer: Articuno
Thunder: Zapdos
Myuutsu: Mewtwo
Myuu: Mew
Raikou: Raikou
Suikun: Suicune
Entei: Entei
Serebii: Celebi
Regice: Regice
Regirock: Regirock
Registeel: Registeel
Ratiosu: Latios
Ratiasu: Latias
Groudon: Groudon
Kaiorca: Kyogre
Jirachi: Jirachi
Deoxys: Deoxys
Lucario:...??

My guess would be Lucarilo at the most for changes. Other than that, they might just keep Lucario.

If you Romanize those names, Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Latias and Latios keep the same names. (Though Gary said Kyogre Japanese name was Kaiorca, it's actually Kaiorga.)