1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucario Revealed! ^__^ ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Linkachu, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

If you haven't already seen its picture, check the main site. I'm so glad that its finally been revealed! :D

So, what do you guys think? Disappointed? Relieved? Still unsure what to think? I personally like it quite a bit, but any idea what's up with the black ear-thingies? o.o

More Pokemon! I can't wait for more new Pokemon to be revealed now! ^^

Merciless Medic likes this.
  2. baratron

baratron Moderator of Elder Scrolls
    Staff Member Moderator

w00!

First impressions: maybe dual type Water & Electric? (Water based on the blue and the "Wave-Guiding" business, Electric based on the spiky yellow outfit). Fox? Or perhaps Coyote? - there's something of the Trickster in his face. Which could fit in with the "not evil but misguided" theme some people were talking about...

3. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

If people still believe the egyptian connection I'd say a fox/jackle type Pokemon. As for elemental type, I'm gonna lean towards Psychic because of the energy build up (although it could be water).

I want to see the trailer it came from. Probably had some other neat pictures :D

4. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

My money is on Fighting/Psychic, as it is supposed to have the fighting skills of Bashamo and is pretty well built - just right for a fighting type.

5. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Whatever it is, it is bloody cool looking. o_o

Yay for Anubis-looking thingies! ^^

6. Nemesis

Former Administrator

Don't we now know that "The Wave Guiding Hero" is not a Pokemon, but instead a person who settled the red/green war (nice choice of colours too, a little nod at the origins of the franchise), meaning that there is no real basis for a water type speculation?

7. I thought the 'person' that settled the way WAS Rukario?

8. Nemesis

Former Administrator

Canturies ago there was a huge battle between the Reds and the Greens. It was stopped by The Wave Guiding Hero Aaron who used the power of the "Tree of World Origin" to stop it
    Ash & Co. have arrived in the town of Rota where celebrations are going on about. Ash & Pikachu partake in a battle to select this year's hero and after a long battle. Ash & Pikachu become the year's hero's. However amongst the celebrations Mew appears and snatches Pikachu.

Thats the movie summary from Serebii. If it is accurate, Rukario is not the hero.

9. Aha! So I wonder where Rukario comes in then?? Oh my, I'm confused now.

10. I love the picture of Rukario. It looks super cool. Wonder what the English name will be?

11. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Considering that pretty much all of the Legendaries have either kept their Japanese names or been given variations to sound like their Japanese names, I think it's safe to say they'll stick with Lucario (or something like it). Now that I mention it, tho, is there even a single Legendary name that didn't follow that trend? They've been altered, yeah, but not completely changed.

12. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

The birdies didn't keep their names, but they're more or less alone there.

Fire: Moltres
    Freezer: Articuno
    Thunder: Zapdos
    Myuutsu: Mewtwo
    Myuu: Mew
    Raikou: Raikou
    Suikun: Suicune
    Entei: Entei
    Serebii: Celebi
    Regice: Regice
    Regirock: Regirock
    Registeel: Registeel
    Ratiosu: Latios
    Ratiasu: Latias
    Groudon: Groudon
    Kaiorca: Kyogre
    Jirachi: Jirachi
    Deoxys: Deoxys
    Lucario:...??

My guess would be Lucarilo at the most for changes. Other than that, they might just keep Lucario.

13. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Heheh... I totally forgot the birdies. A prime example of english names being better than their Japanese counterparts ;)

14. If you Romanize those names, Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Latias and Latios keep the same names. (Though Gary said Kyogre Japanese name was Kaiorca, it's actually Kaiorga.)

15. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

We know. But K and G are close enough, and we've seen cases of them levelling up letters in names (Fushigidane, anyone?), So yeah.