• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Lorien Legacies (Discussion Thread)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
This roleplay is roughly based on the book series Lorien Legacies, but it is reimagined with new Garde and a different storyline.

But essentially what you need to know is...

Ten small children came to Earth, they are from a planet, Lorien, and there is a war there. A brutal race of aliens, called the Mogadorians, have set their sights on the planet and are determined to conquer it. We find out that these nine kids (called the Garde), along with a guardian for each, are important for the survival of their species and so they were sent away with a charm put upon them. Each child is assigned a number, one through nine, and when the Mogadorians inevitably come, they can only be harmed in order.

The Garde are meant to be the warriors and protectors of their planet, so they develop powers, known as legacies.

All Garde have telekinesis, telepathy, enhancement (enhanced strength, speed and senses.)

Possible Legacies (upto four per character)
Animal Telepathy, Technopathy, Receptive Omnilingualism, Manipulations of Electricity / Fire / Ice / Light / Metal / Sound / Temperature / Elements and Weather, Energy Blasts, Force Fields, Healing, Lumen, Animation, Antigravity, Duplication, Externa, Impenetrable Skin, Invisibility, Night Vision, Rapid Regeneration, Shapeshifting, Super Hearing, Super Speed, Super Strength and Teleportation.

These are the descriptions for certain less obvious powers:
The ability to mentally control electronic/technical devices.
The ability to simultaneously understand and speak any known language, sometimes the user doesn't realise this is in effect.
The ability to produce beams of light from the hands. It later manifests into a resistance of heat and fire.
Animation: The ability to bring inanimate objects to life.
Antigravity: The ability to manipulate gravity so as to be able to walk up walls and across ceilings.
Externa: The ability to take on the properties of materials a Garde touches (i.e. metal, wood, glass, stone, etc.).

Aeternus (does not count to the four and only one person has it): The ability to go between ages, as long as they have been that age naturally, this is something some loric are born with it is very rare.

The story will begin much like the series, 1 and 2 are dead, it's been many years since they came to earth and all of the Garde are 15 or just turning 15. Each Garde is somewhere in the world, the Guardian (Cépan) may be either alive or dead. Everyone will begin with them being attacked and discovering their legacies.

The story will hopefully progress to fighting Strekus Ra and defeating the Mogodorians. Most battles, including the final one will take place in America.

Loralite: Loralite is said to be the most powerful gem found on Lorien and can be found only at the planet's core. Its natural form is a solid crystal blue gemstone.

On Earth, large Loralite rocks were placed in several locations of Loric importance. Teleportation has a limited range, but when stood near the Loralite rock the user can teleport to any far off place, provided that there is another Loralite rock there. Known places with Loralite rocks on Earth include: Himilayan Mountains, Peru, Easter Island, Stonehenge, Gulf of Aden, Portugal, Alice Springs, Niagara Falls, mount hao, Zuma rock, Egelberg and New Mexico.

Rules:
- Pokecharms rules,
- love is aloud but nothing past a kiss
- violence is allowed but not to gory
- their are only 8 slots
- 2 characters max.

Character Bio:
Number:
Current given earth name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Legacies:

All Garde have a Loralite pendant in the shape of their numbers symbol, the symbols of the already deceased Garde are burned into the ankles of the surviving ones, this is instant and automatic. Also after the death of number 2, the Mogs descovered how to break the charm meaning that they no longer have to kill the Garde in order.
ea7db98221c39cdb25c02c5d7646cd59.png

MovieScreenshot014.jpg

My Bio:
Number: 9
Current given earth name: Kasai Douglas
Cépan name (and current status): Todd (Deceased)
Appearance: He is average height, lean yet muscular, has short cut black hair in a fawx hawk style and grey eyes. He wears a pair of black joggers, black socks, grey trainers and a long black over coat, no top and his Loralite pendant. He has a strange physical anomaly where his scars appeared on his back going down from the base of his neck not just above his ankle.
Personality: Kasai is pretty laid back, he tends to get angry easy and picks on others a lot, he is extremely good in a fight and is very protective and loyal.
Legacies: telekinesis, telepathy, enhancement, antigravity, pyrokinesis, shape-shifting and impenetrable skin.

Number: 7
Current given earth name: Grace Maynard
Cépan name (and current status): Izzy (Alive)
Appearance: She is kind of short, skinny but healthy and curvaceous, she has long pale blue hair that goes to her butt and brilliant green eyes. She wears a pair of dark blue jeans, white socks, black trainers, a grey crop-top, a plaited leather bracelet and her Loralite pendant.
Personality: Grace is usually quiet, but loves talking to her friends, she always trust to impress and has a strong belief in the loric stories of loving one person for the rest of your life. She is afraid of heights.
Legacies: telekinesis, telepathy, enhancement, rapid regeneration, teleportation, animation and super strength.

Places:
Number 3: Michael @MihajloJedi
Number 4: Kyle @Hungry Badass
Number 5:
Number 6: Kami @JesusoChristo
Number 7: Grace @Shadow_Pup
Number 8: Allie @EeviumZ
Number 9: Kasai @Shadow_Pup
Number 10: Telmo @SwiftSwoobat

Don't think I forgot anything.

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Number: 4
Current given earth name: Kyle Law
Cépan name (and current status): Soa (well and alive))
Appearance: with a long dark blue coat, he uas a black shirt that says "The little Birds have flown away...", he wears red gym pants and dark brown Nike's
Personality: he is Sassy and quippy, often making troubling situations for him, he can be serious but it is rare
Legacies:Super speed, Super strength, Rapid regeneration, Antigravity

Last edited:

Nombre De Usuario

Previously JesusoChristo
Number: 6
Current given earth name: Kami Warui
Cépan name (and current status): Layla (Deceased)
Appearance: with brown hair, she stands at 6'3, her eyes are of color black, she is fairly slim, mostly seen wearing green sweater, with white shorts and brown boots, she always carries her trusty phone with her at all times in her green fading to pink sling bag.
Personality: Kami is nice and gentle despite her last name meaning "bad" in english, she has been a pushover and too kind, to the point where she risks her life for a newly met friend.
Legacies: telekinesis, telepathy, enhancement, force fields, healing, lumen

Last edited:
Can I please reserve two character spots. Ill have bios done by the end of the day. I dont care which numbers, I just need two :D. I also thanks @Hungry Badass for the tag.
I also have a question for @Shadow_Pup . The introduction post siad that each character can have up to (which I understood as a maximum of) 4 legacies. But both of your characters have 7 legacies. That confused me slightly, as well as: may two different characters have the same legacy or can they not share powers?

Actually, give up my spot. Sorry to inconvenience you- I thought about it and decided I'd probably just quit this thread shortly after the RP starts. It really sucks when people quit threads, so I'd hate to do that to you- but I have a problem with OPness and this RPs that give characters multiple abilities always seem to have serious potential for characters to be OP. I'm deciding not to join this thread after all, but it's an awesome idea and I hope the Rp is very successful :D.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Number: 3
Current given earth name: Michael Shroudy
Cépan name (and current status): Ray (deceased)
Appearance: Michael is 5'9 feet tall. He has short light brown hair and blue eyes. He is wearing light grey shirt and blue trousers.
Personality: Michael always tries to keep distance from people since number 2 died. He is loyal and brave, but at this moment he can't trust a lot of people. He is also very smart and a little bit wise.
Legacies: Telekinesis, telepathy, enhancements, Manipulation of Electricity, Force Fields, Energy Blasts and Rapid Regeneration.

The premise rocks, and I would love to join, but I'm about to go on NCS, so I won't be able to post consistently for at least the next week

If there's still some space by the time I get back from this first week I think I'll join

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Number: 8
Current given earth name: Allie Silverstone
Location: (willing to take suggestions on this one, preferably near another one of the Garde)
Cépan name (and current status): Talia (Presumed Deceased)
Appearance: She has long wavy brown hair and brown eyes, and stands at a height of 5'8. She typically wears a simple navy blue sweatshirt along with torn denim jeans, black combat boots, and a blue bow in her hair. She has light-toned skin, and has an athletic build.
Personality: Though normally fairly kind and caring, the chaos of late has jaded Allie. She's very mature, and protective of those she loves. Even with her maturity, she does have her excited and bubbly moments, and has a charismatic touch that can't be ignored. She is willing to go to any lengths for her ideals, even death. Because of this, she often rushes into complex or dangerous situations with no prior thought.
Legacies: Manipulation of Ice, Energy Blasts, Healing, Teleportation
Extra Note: Her Cepan, Talia, is her sister. Allie blames herself for Talia's presumed death.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
How big is the gap between Allie and Talia, because the Cépans were essentially the Garde protects as like parental guardians. Otherwise @EeviumZ accepted

Edit: Also essentially when both Loric and Mogs die they turn to ash.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
There is a whole planets worth of Mogs and Lorics are the collective name of those from the planet Lorien (the Cépans and the Garde).

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
@EeviumZ I suggest you to put your location somewhere near Michael, cause he also doesn't have a Cépan and he is next one to be hunted l, so that might be interesting.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Finally, I can make a character!

Number: 10
Current given earth name: Telmo Amarel
Cépan name (and current status): Keri, Alive
Appearance: Telmo has messy brown hair and strikingly green eyes. He wears a black T-Shirt overlapped by a red autumn coat with pockets. He wears casual jeans and a brown belt with bronze metal. He sports his pendant tucked away underneath his shirt. He is usually spotted with his hands in his pockets and isn't afraid to say he's different.
Personality: Quite arrogant and prideful, more then the rest by a long shot. Despite his pride, he can get quiet easily, and always obeys his guardian while giving sarcastic remarks about their situation. With a thick Portugeuse accent, his ability to understand anyone anywhere is needful. Telmo is always cocky of the fact he'll be the last to die.
Legacies: Receptive Omnilingualism, Manipulation of Sound, Healing and Duplication.