• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed "Lord of the Venonats" - A Pokemon Island Survival RP {DISCUSSION THREAD}

art-sea-palm-beach-tropics-island-clouds.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stranded. No recollection of how you got here. No recollection of those around you. No way to escape. So many questions, and seemingly no answers in sight, but one question springs forth from the mental swamp of confusion and directly into the minds of those on the island.
"What do we do now?!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Hi there, fellow Charmers~! It's me again, Hisseki, with another RP. This one, if it wasn't obvious enough, is a Pokemon island survival RP (a shift from my upbeat summer break RP that got me started ^_^). I'm super psyched to get this one going, to be completely honest. I find island survival scenes awesome (probably because my mother and I watch too many survival shows on TV... XD), and I hope you'll enjoy them if you choose to participate!

RPer's List (myself not included) -
I AM NOT ACCEPTING MORE APPLICATIONS NOW. THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE.

Rules -
  1. FOLLOW THE STANDARD POKECHARMS RULES. GO READ THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T.
  2. I'm allowing romance, but keep it PG, folks.
  3. Same goes for injuries and stuff. Hey, it's survival, nothing's all rainbows and lollipops when you have to survive, am I right? But still, there are children. Think of the children!
  4. Oh, and about cursing. I personally am fine with it, I hear it frequently, it's a daily thing to hear for me. That being said, no sailor-mouths here! Cursing is fine by me, but keep in mind that there may be people who aren't comfortable with swearing. If you happen to be one of those people, that's fine! Notify us ahead of time so we know what not to do.
  5. The limit is one character per person, and that's that.
  6. No shinies, please. I get that some shinies are really cool (cough Umbreon), but please refrain from making a shiny.
  7. Bear with me. Sometimes, my way of phrasing things may come off as confusing or might sound rude, but I don't mean for it to be that way. Social anxiety sucks, even when it's just words on a screen. If you don't understand what I mean by something, please tell me in a calm and polite manner, and I will respond with - hopefully - a solution to the dilemma at hand. Also, note that sometimes I will mess up with grammar or spelling of words. That's my bad. I swear that English is my first language and that I am fluent! @.@:up: If I mess up, again, just notify me.
  8. We all have to deal with real life. It sucks sometimes. If you can't post for a while, please notify us. That way, we'll know that you might not be there for a while.
  9. This RP will NOT be turn-based. That in mind, try to include everyone in the RP. It might be hard, and if you absolutely can't, that's okay, but being completely left out isn't any fun.
  10. Responses should be longer than three sentences. Three sentences is a minimum. If you HAVE to post less than that for whatever reason, a) be careful, the mods are watching, and b) notify me with a reason so I'll understand.
  11. Speaking of mods, I said this before, but please obey all of the rules!! I don't want the ban hammer coming down on any of my fellow Charmers here, so avoid disobedience!
  12. No Fusions, No Fakemon, No Legendaries, 'nuff said!
  13. You can only use moves that your species of Pokemon can learn. Egg moves are fine, though tutor moves and TM moves are pushing it... unless it can be explained to me in a PM so I understand how they'd have the move or moves.
  14. If you've actually read these rules, please put "the number 7" in your likes so I can be sure! Just to be extra, extra, extra sure!
  15. This list of rules is subject to change. I will notify everyone if this updates at any time.

Character Template -
Name:
(I say sexual, but... just read the rules.)
"Age": (I put this in quotations because, technically, Pokemon ages are kinda hard to calculate without delving into levels... meh)
Species:
Personality:
(This doesn't have to be a long paragraph, it could just be a list, but either one is okay with me.)
Accessories/Clothing: (Only if you want. I mean, you're a Pokemon, but whatever. Some 'mons like to dress up!)
Favorite Move:
(Moves are gonna work like in the anime, where the level doesn't really matter as far as your moveset goes.)
Other:

I hope this goes well! Get set for adventure~! ;):up:

Last edited:
Name: Kiana
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Biromantic
"Age": The equivalent of a nineteen year old human
Species: Grovyle
Personality: As carefree as the day is long, Prone to mischief, Sassy, Free spirited, A bit clueless, Occasionally defensive, Independent
Accessories/Clothing: She carries around a tragically un-hip pair of orange sunglasses just for the hell of it
Likes: Lazy days, hammocks, fruit smoothies, the number seven
Dislikes: Big egos, lectures, tedious work
Favorite Move: Leaf blade
Other: She's never had a long lasting trainer, but used to hang out around a Hoenn center for shelter Pokemon, half to help out, but half just to cause trouble.

Last edited:
@Oseri, accepted! Glad to have ya!

Here's my character:

Name:
Simon
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Biromantic-Bisexual
"Age": 18
Species: Brinneo
Personality: A bit flighty, a big dreamer, optimistic, a bit of a try-hard sometimes, sort of submissive
Accessories/Clothing: A navy blue eyepatch that he doesn't need medically speaking, but he likes to wear anyways.
Dislikes: Sand, excessive heat, taking leadership roles, being called a girl
Favorite Move: Bubble Beam
Other: Simon was a minor Professor's Pokemon in Alola. He helped as best as he could in the lab, but would constantly get distracted.

Last edited:
Name: Rickey
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Whatever being interested in the other gender is classified as
"Age": The equivalent of a 12 year old boy
Species: Riolu
Personality: Goofball, energetic, determined and courageous
Accessories: Wears a brown bracelet of wool on right wrist
Dislikes: Being picked on, being scolded, losing
Favorite Move: Force Palm
Other: His favorite food is macarons from Kalos, Poke'Puffs and Poke'Beans. The rainbow ones.

I think I'll put up a form, this seems fun!

Name: Lexi
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Pansexual(she doesn't give a crap about gender or orientation)
"Age": Early-to-mid teens
Species: Kirlia
Personality: Kind and loyal to her friends, but brutally cold and bitter to anyone that threatens them.
Accessories/Clothing: A pair of black combat boots and a red bow tie. Also worth noting, her dress is black instead of white(it's like a sleeveless dress, her skin is still the normal color. Let me know if I need to change that and I will).
Likes: Having someone with her most of the time, the number 7
Dislikes: Excessive cleanness, things that might attack her friends
Favorite Move: Psychic(I used a website called Pokemon Database)

Just wondering, are we allowed to swear a little bit in this until someone says that they'd rather not read posts with swears? I just wanted to clear that up.

How's it da hanging, yo?

Name:
Jerald
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
"Age": About 18. Equivalent to a late teen in human years.
Species: Electabuzz
Personality: He is brash and loves to punch things. Training is his hobby, and wants to become extremely strong. However he is known to flirt with females, for no reason, except to flirt. He belives that you need to work and earn everything in life.
Accessories/Clothing: Along his forearms he has white bandages wrapped tightly around them. Along his neck he was a bright electric blue bandana wrapped around it.
Likes: The number seven. Training. Flirting. Punching things. Eating. He's a 'mon of simple tastes.
Dislikes: Losing, jerks, overconfident Pokemon, pampered or rich people or Pokemon.
Favorite Move: Thunder Punch
Other: He was once part of a Pokemon/Trainer Boxing Team, that people thought would go far. However they had a fight and went their separate ways.

@Ry_Burst

Accepted~!

Note: I have no clue when to cap the amount of people, so if you have suggestions, I'm open to them. I was thinking I could let people apply until Friday when I get back from school (cuz my exams would be done), but I don't know. Whaddya think, guys?

...I couldn't possibly reserve a spot for later, could I? I'd most likely be able to join at some point next week, since I'm only at school for a couple of hours a day because finals... If not, though, that's fine.

...I couldn't possibly reserve a spot for later, could I? I'd most likely be able to join at some point next week, since I'm only at school for a couple of hours a day because finals... If not, though, that's fine.
I'm okay with that! I feel ya, finals are annoying. You can reserve a spot, for sure. ^_^

Actually, I just finished it, because why do homework? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Name
: Micah
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: androsexual (She likes either gender, but mainly males.)
"Age": 17
Species: Sentret
Personality: Micah is one of those people who won't talk unless she's talked to. She despises starting conversations, partially for fear of an awkward silence or saying something stupid, and often strays away from any crowd she finds herself in. Even if this is the case, however, if someone does manage to befriend Micah, she'll be their friend for life.
Accessories/Clothing: She wears a rusty orange t-shirt and a pair of white socks. Why she wears only socks on her feet, even she doesn't know.
Likes: Boy, the number seven? So good~! She likes reading novels, especially if they're mystery, and making awful puns under her breath.
Dislikes: when people assume her gender, amphibian Pokemon, and baking or cooking
Favorite Move: Defense Curl
Other: Micah used to have a Trainer who seemingly loved her very much. That Trainer was the one that gave her her clothes. After only a short time together, however, the Sentret was offhandedly told that she would be spending what could easily be the rest of her life in the PC box, so instead of letting that happen, she ran away. This also explains why she doesn't talk to many people.

If there's anything I need to change, go ahead and let me know, alright?

Homework is a lie! Viva la revolution!

Also, I'd say if you guys would cap it a high number. One of the beauties of Lord of the Flies, was the multitude of people causing chaos for one another. A good amount of characters in a setting like this causes drama.

Name: Lest
Romantic/Sexual Orientation:
Straight (Is this what you meant? XD)
"Age": Um... Lets go with 4 years of age. In comparison, this would be like a 16 year old in human years I guess XD
Species: Eevee (i think you saw this coming XD)
Personality:
If possible, could I develop this in the RP? It's much easier to roleplay a personality then explain in my experience XD. If not, I'll gladly edit and change this
Accessories/Clothing: A sash made from materials around the island that assist in carrying object around
Likes: Fruits, Sweets, low light environments, friends, shiny things, acknowledgment

...and the number 7
Dislikes: Being ignored, crowds, loud noises, ants, ants, ants, and ants.
Favorite Move:
Helping Hand
Other:
Long time no see! XD
Note: I used XD 6 times... I think i have a problem XD
7 times...

Name: Laurel
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
"Age": Equivalent of a 16 year old human
Species: Eevee
Personality: Laurel is generally a friendly pokémon, who doesn't go out of her way to start fights. She isn't the most out-going pokémon out there, but she still doesn't mind socializing. She can be very indecisive at times so she can struggle greatly at times to make a decision. (Her personality will develop more in the rp)
Accessories/Clothing: She wears a yellow scarf
Dislikes: How indecisive she can be
Favorite Move: Swift
Other:

Last edited:
Hope I'm not too late or anything like that
Name:
Donovan
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
"Age": 7 would probably be the human equivalent
Species: Shieldon
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, easily scared, submissive
Accessories/Clothing: A purple ribbon around his neck
Likes: the number seven, the color purple, sand, and anything warm
Dislikes: Conflict, water, anything cold, and shellfish
Favorite Move: Iron Head
Other: Secretly thinks that seven might have eaten nine

Just remembered this 'cuz I've been braindead all day: I might've already replied to the RP, which was probably a bad idea on my part, but that doesn't mean I'll be super active for reasons I've already explained... RIP, me. ╮(╯_╰)╭

Just remembered this 'cuz I've been braindead all day: I might've already replied to the RP, which was probably a bad idea on my part, but that doesn't mean I'll be super active for reasons I've already explained... RIP, me. ╮(╯_╰)╭
It's fine, it's fine. I get it. Good luck with your finals. Mine are done, and trust me, once they are over, you are going to freakin' love life. XD

Your inactivity is fine. We get it. ^~^