• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Looking for a Slaking's moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm looking for a moveset for Slaking that works well in 1on1 (so there are no switches), UnderUsed. I thought about something like the following, but I need the last two attacks:

Slaking@Choice Band/Scarf (?)
252 Attack - 252 Speed - 6 HP - Adamant
~Giga Impact
~Earthquake
~?
~?

Some moves I thought of for the last slots were Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw, Hammer Arm, and Brick Break (and even Gunk Shot, but I don't know...). Please help me find the best option for the last slots.

Thank you already now!

I would stay stick with Scarf to have a bit of a surprise effect on the opponent as Scarfed slaking with high enough EVs in speed can outrun a surprising amount of pokemon.

For the last 2 slots an elemental puch could suit it quite well, the selection of which punch to use is up to you, they are all handy.

The last slot I think I would run for a 1v1 would be sucker punch. To grab the few that outspeed him by surprise.

There is one little problem: Slaking doesn't learn an elemental punch... I wanted to give it one, but they are not available for it.

Naturematthe said:
There is one little problem: Slaking doesn't learn an elemental punch... I wanted to give it one, but they are not available for it.
Sure it can, the Heart Gold and Soul Silver move tutors have it for sure - I think the others will too :)

That's strange... Smogon University did not list the elemental punches in Slaking's movepool, but Pokecharms does. Never trust persons that say they are experts ;)

So then I will take Ice Punch against the big balloon. (Man, why don't I know its English name and why don't I just google it?)

I recommend teaching it hyper beam because truant makes the recharge not matter at all. And yeah an elemental punch is good. I don't really use Slaking in single battle, I find it much better to use with a Blissey that knows skill swap since Blissey has a ton of health and its attacks don't do much damage in the first place. Then Slaking is no longer slowed down and can be a real monster. But for 1v1 I suggest a move like hyper beam for bulk damage.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Gravedigging with bad advice Redyr123? You wouldn't be the first...

Warned, topic locked, read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.